You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jesse

• "jesse" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2008

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 3:51pm

clinic Fiv Madrid, Spain

Hi everyone,
I am a new user of FZ and am very happy to be here with you all, because although my partner and I (both Brits) live in MAdrid, it's great to feel in touch with other English people going through the same thing. We are about to start our first egg donation cycle at Fiv Madrid. We previously did several failed FIV attempts at Ginefiv in Madrid and found it all to be disastrous. I really don´t recommend Ginefiv - dreadful personal treatment and quite pricey. they have absolutely no time for you. Fiv Madrid has been recommended to me by several people, both of whom are now pregnant, their success rates are high and the comments in the Spanish chats about the clinic are hugely positive. So far, we're impressed. The staff are really friendly, most of them speak English. in fact, we were introduced to a member of staff who is English and who spent a lot of time with us going over everything. It's given us a lot of hope again. Also, really importnat is the fact that there is practically no waiting list to enter their egg donation programme. We've just had our first consultation at the clinic with the doctor and we'll start at the begining of January just after the Xmas festivities here.
Anyway, I´ll keep you all posted as to how we get on there. All the info is on their website, which is in English too : www.fivmadrid.es
Buena suerte!!
jesse

Reg: Dec 7th 2008

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 9:44am

FIV Madrid

Hi Jesse,

I decided to post here as this thread is about FIV Madrid. I got my appointment on the day I requested, in two weeks! As you say, the staff were incredibly helpful and very nice, and spoke English. My Spanish is not completely fluent when it comes to medical terms.

Did you have the mammogram and breast ultrasound? I don't know if I've got time to get these done, on top of everything else, before the apppointment.

As you say, the price quoted was 6500 Euros. Do you know if they charge the same for Spanish natives? Just curious.

I'm really excited now. A few weeks ago I was miserable, now there is hope!

All the best,

FM

jesse

Wednesday, December 10th 2008, 9:20pm

RE: FIV Madrid

Hi there FM
that's great news. I really really hope it works out well for you there.
Yes, I also had to get a mammo and a breast scan done - pretty standard procedure here - the Spanish are big on women's health care, which I applaud. Sorry, but I don't know whether or not the price is different for Spaniards. This was the price we were given too. Anyway, would love to hear how you get on. Do stay in touch.
un abrazo!!
jesse

Friday, December 12th 2008, 8:51am

Hi Jesse,

Just to say all is going well. Have managed to get most of the tests done and Julie has been really efficient in arranging the others to be done in Madrid.

Out of curiosity what were your friend's ages who were successful in their pregnancies at FIV?

FM

jesse

Monday, December 15th 2008, 8:05pm

Hi FM
so glad to hear that things are going well for you there so far. Hope it stays that way!! One couple are in their late 30's and got pregnant after a second IVF treatment there I think and our other friends are in their early 40's and did egg donation and were lucky on their first attempt!! Do let me know how you get on at your first appointment.
All the best
Jesse

Monday, December 29th 2008, 8:42am

My first appointment at FIV Madrid

Hi Jesse,

How are things? I hope you are in the process of receiving your treatment. I had my first appointment which went really well. I liked the clinic and the staff were all incredibly friendly. My partner was very impressed and came away feeling very optimistic and excited. I am due to start IVF with donor egg in 4 weeks. So soon! I can't quite believe it!.

FM

mtxu

Ace

Reg: Jun 3rd 2008

Children: None yet

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 8:27pm

hello, you two. so good to find you both.

i am one of those late bloomers. got married for the first time in oct. 2007 and thought that as long as i was menstruating, i could have children. i stopped taking BCP a few months before i got married to give me a head start. it was only after about 8 months of trying that i started checking my fertility in early 2008 and reading up on it that i found out my eggs couldn't wait for the perfect husband. i feel soooo stupid and ignorant. because of my age, we decided to go directly to egg donation.

i live in the US but we chose to go overseas because of the price, and i preferred spain because i am spanish.

i have been reading the boards for several months and finally decided to bite the bullet. i signed up with FIV Madrid and have my first consultation scheduled for jan. 19. i was there in september and checked them out, as well as Procreatec. there is not much online for either of these clinics. but FIV seems well established; i met with marisa in september and have spoken to her by telephone, and have emailed julie. all very nice, and reply promptly, even over the holidays.

jesse and fullmonty, would appeciate whatever you can share about your first visit. all they told me to do was for my husband and i to take some blood tests and bring the results. although i was given a list in the information package, nothing else was asked so far (no mammogram or ecg or anything else). they said the first visit would take about 2.5 hours, but they would not be doing any of their own testing / exam that day. after that, i would only need one other trip for the actual transfer. i am going alone this time, but my husband will be with me second time around to do his part and we will be there for a couple of weeks.

would love to hear more detail about that first visit since i will be alone. and because of the time difference and the huge distance, i am a little nervous about wasting time / money / trips because i didn't do something or forgot to ask something or whatever. did they give you a time frame of when the other tests were needed, etc.; how open were they to questions / requests about the donor (i know its anonymous); when do you start medicines; can you request a time frame for the transfer or is that all up to them; anything either of you can share would be much appreciated.

Tuesday, January 13th 2009, 7:08pm

Hi mtxu,

I hope I can be of some help having now had my first visit. Hopefully you will have had more answers from the clinic itself. I was emailed a long list of tests that I had to provide, as well as my partner. There were some I couldn't get done in time: mammogram, smear test and a couple of bloods. My partner also had one of the sperm tests done there. As long as you let them know they can arrange for the tests to be done there, or at a nearby clinic in the case of the mammogram.

So, the first visit was about 2.5 hours. We met with the doctor and Julie. The doctor went through all my results, and she asked lots of detailed medical questions. I also asked lots of questions and all were answered. I felt that they took time to tell me everything I wanted to know. The doctor was very nice and we felt confident in the quality of the clinic and their staff. The nurses were incredibly friendly and considerate. After, there was a vaginal ultrasound, a couple of blood tests(ones I hadn't managed to do) and that was it!

I was told that I would not have to wait for a donor, and in fact there was no wait. I was put straight on progesterone tablets, and I will be returning for the egg donation in 2-3 weeks. It's so fast I can't quite believe it's happening! As for the information about the donor they were quite strict, there was no information other than type, hair colour, eyes, height, weight, etc. They assured me, because I am Spanish, that there were many suitable donors. The hard part was wondering who I'd get, and hoping she'd be reasonably attractive and intelligent! They assured me the majority of the donors were university students and went through rigorous emotional and physical screening before being accepted.

Here's the lovely part. In the reception there is a guest book, where some of the egg donors write little messages, and it's so moving it bought me to tears. Many of the girls are donating for altruistic reasons, wanting to help infertile women have babies. There are lovely messages, hoping their eggs bring happiness to others.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you,

Best of luck with everything, I'm sure you'll have a good experience there.

FM xxx

jesse

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 12:02pm

Hi to both of you and so sorry that I haven't been able to log on earlier - I have just got back from a long-needed holiday and like you fullmonty I am also on the Progynova to get my womb ready for the transfer, altho I think mine will take a bit longer from what you are saying, as we need a fairhaired and light-eyed donor - they thought another month or so from now but even so, we are amazed at how quickly everything is happening. So exciting. When we asked about the donor, they told us that we could only find out about the blood group and her age. It's good to hear FM that we can find out more than this, although it does seem quite limited. I know that in Spain, they give very little info about the donor as egg donation here is completely anonymous and neither us as parents nor the child will ever have the right to know the identity of the donor. I personally feel happy about this. I´de be interested to know your thoughts on this!!??
By the way Mtxu, I also had to get the mammogram and breast scan done which you mention and in fact I took most of the test results with me that they asked for to our first visit. At this appointment, the doctor who spoke very good English, took my medical history and my family's, quite detailed, and then did an eco (scan). We were told the treatment plan and given a list of the medication which we had to buy. My partner also left a semen sample then to be frozen and the whole process that day took about 2 hours or so as you say. I too thought that everyone was super friendly and keen to help out. We came out feeling really excited, amazed and just great!!
Good luck at your first appointment Mtxu and lots of luck to us all!!!!
Bye for now
Jesse

mtxu

Ace

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 1:34pm

hi, fm.

thanks for responding. i am coming up close to my appt this coming monday. since then, i received a full package from them (for all the signatures). they also emailed part of the information material to me, including the list of tests. luckily we were able to get all my tests done locally, and results within a couple of days. they told me that only the blood results are needed for the first visit. i didn't know about the rubella since it wasn't on the original list given me in september. but my mammo and pap smear were done last April so i can still use it.

i am cutting it very close in time, since i can't take time off work for this appt as i just started last week. so i am flying out friday night, arriving saturday night. appt is first thing monday morning, and i fly out monday noon, arrive monday night, and back to work tuesday morning. egads!!! but come the time to transfer, my hubbie and i will be taking a 2-3 week vacation over there. he has never been.

as far as it being anonymous, that is why i am killing myself going through all the trouble of doing it in spain, since i am also spanish. i can't take the chance of doing it over here (aside from how expensive it is here) because over here, if your name is Juan you are automatically mexican. in the US, you can see photos of the donors and the only spanish thing about most of them is that they may take siesta. i exaggerate, but only a little.

but it is great knowing i am not the only one here going with them, and great knowing it is finally happening.

will let you know how this week goes. txs again. mtxu

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 2:13pm

Hi Jesse,

Hope you had a great holiday. I just came back from two weeks away and I'm ready to go. Just had an ultrasound to check my womb lining is ready after the progynova. By the way, I went to a different chemist then the one that FIV uses (but they said any chemist will do), just because time was short and it was closer, and all the drugs, including progynova and the progeffik, came to only 120 Euros! The chemist FYI is at number 15, c/marques de Urquijo. Worth going there mtxu, as its very close.

Apparently it's now a 2-3 week wait for the donor to be ready for transfer. My appointment was just before xmas, so it's really quick. I had the appointment exactly when I wanted it, with no waiting time.

mxtu, will you also being using donor sperm? Just wondering otherwise how you will get your husband's frozen sperm there. I hope you will have time to do everything, the airport is a 20 minute cab ride from the clinic, with check in time a noon flight is cutting it very fine! When you say early morning appointment, you must mean 8.30.

It's all very exciting for all of us. I do feel the clinic is excellent. I hope you agree mxtu. Re the donors in the US, you made me laugh. FIV says they do not use South American donors, only Spanish and other European countries.

Let us know how it goes on Monday,

FM

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 2:12pm

HI, FM and jesse.

jesse, we must have been writing at the same time. i didn't see your post until just now. thanks for the confirmation of the time frame. i am fine with not knowing her identity, so to speak, but i would have preferred to know a little more about her in general, and maybe a photo. as of now, we intend not to tell anyone about the IVF and egg donor bec i don't expect a good reception from my family, and i feel they will treat the child (if we are lucky) differently. the all important Spanish heritage. "we love her, even though.." "she/he is family, even though..." - always the "but." although i am crossing my fingers bec dear hubby has a big mouth. what can i say. he loves to talk - to anyone! its his charm. its why i love him.

fm, thanks for the referral to the pharmacist. i will have to get it in madrid when i am there, so the closer the better. it is on the list they gave me in Sept - Farmacia Martinez Parejo, but maybe not their preferred. my appt is 830, but they told me 15 min earlier. i will be there at 8, if the door is open. my flight is actually at 12:40 pm, but i will cab it, and only have carry on, and try to check in online the night before. nevertheless, i know i am cutting it extremely close.

we are using hubby's sperm. if it works, i am shooting for a transfer anywhere between mid-feb or mid-march. my husband has to take his 7 wks vacation during the month of feb thru 3rd week of March. since hubby is red haired and blue eyed, we shouldn't have a problem with finding a donor with brown hair & brown eyes to match me. we will be there a good 2 wks at least, so he should be able to donate his sperm for freezing upon arrival then and/or donate fresh. i told them that and they didn't make any comment one way or the other. hopefully they didn't just forget to tell me something.

so far i am very happy with the follow up of the clinic; and also with my first visit in Sept when i just checked them out. its funny that in Sept, the price was E8000 (printed in a draft handout, not the brochure), but after i read Jesse's first message, I followed up and the price they sent me was E6500. don't know if it was a typo or is a sign of the times.

but mostly, i am so happy to have it confirmed now by you both. its unfortunate that there isn't too much written up about them to read. i guess we need to document to help the others coming after us. crossing my fingers for all of us. mtxu

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 2:49pm

Hi mxtu,

I was also concerned that not a lot had been written about FIV Madrid, but that's probably because they had mostly Spanish clients up until now. Perhaps more English speakers will be drawn to their clinic once they become aware of the short waiting times and good value treatment, plus when we have a few success stories to share that will help :D

I had a bit of a shock at my scan yesterday. It seems the eostrogen in the progynova is making my small intramural fibroid grow. I couldn't sleep last night with worry. The doctor at FIV said I should just leave it, and continue, and not to worry, but if it's grown 1cm in 10 days, I am scared at how fast it may have grown in a few months. Plus I have a few fibroids in my breasts, and I wonder if the same thing could happen there.

If anyone reading this has any experience of this please let me know!

I'm waiting for a call from a doctor in the UK to try to get a second opinion.

Thanks,

Full Monty

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 3:05pm

can understand why you are nervous. glad you have someone to double check with. smart going. let us know what he says. our bodies are all different, and this process is new to all of us. its good to be aware of our own bodies because no one else knows it best. mtxu

jesse

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 7:50pm

Hi there girls,
Would be really keen to see what your second opinion says about the fibroids FM. I also have a couple of breast fibroids - I haven't noticed any changes, but then I don't expect to as mine are small and I can't detect them myself.i shall check out what the doc says at the clinic too, just to contrast. I'll let you know. Best of luck both of you - I still haven't heard anything about a donor yet - the waiting is killing me and hope it all works out well for you Mxtu on Monday. Was thinking Mtxu as you speak Spanish, why don't you check out the spanish fertility chats and see what the comments are about the clinic.
Jesse

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 2:23pm

Progynova

Hi all,

I spoke to a British doctor, a gynacologist, and he confirmed what the doctor at FIV told me, that there was no need to worry. On the internet I did some research about Progynova, and some of the side effects include making fibroids grow. The rate of growth is what concerned me, but the doctor said that the measurements taken during the scans, a month apart, could be varied because of the different people who did the scans, in other words the measurements are never exact. The doctor doubted very much that there could be such fast growth in 10 days. He advised me to continue with the treatment. An operation to remove a fibroid would render me unable to have IVF for a whole year.

There are many side effects listed for this drug. Speaking to a scientist friend of mine, apparently these would most likey be associated with long term use.

I have decided to proceed, but I am not totally convinced. I never like using any drug. Unfortunately for egg donation we do have to take a load of eostrogen, so there's no avoiding it.

On top of it all, my partner has had a bizarre wobble about having children with me suddenly. So I am not feeling all that great.

mtxu

Ace

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 3:36pm

well, i am here and all went well so far. can't fault the weather. glad its not raining yet. my appt is tomorrow morning.

I brought my laptop and have internet access in my room.

jesse, what are the URLs for the spanish chats? i've never seen them. i would like to check them out alright. my spanish isn't the best, esp if its technical terms; but heck, trying to figure out all the acronyms on this site is a chore in itself.

sorry about your partner's anxiety issues, fm. its the last thing you need right now. praying that everything will turn out alright.

miren

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:27pm

Hi mxtu,

Well things seem to be OK again with my partner, thank god. Thanks for your kind words.

I hope you are feeling OK on your own in Madrid. I like it and always feel very comfortable there. I'm planning to go alone for the ED and stay a few days resting afterwards.

Here's a forum I found where Spanish women write about FIV:

http://foro.enfemenino.com/forum/matern4…fiv-madrid.html

Good luck for the appointment tomorrow.

FM xx

jesse

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:39pm

Hi FM and Mtxu,
Sorry too to hear that your partner is anxious FM. I guessthis is completely normal, in fact I too have these kind of anxiety attacks about how I'm gonna feel about having a donor egg inside of me. I notice I go through phases and in fact my guy too. We have times when we are just sooo excited about the whole prospect and then times of real doubts and just feeling irritable and confuseda dn down. There is no doubt that this is a stressful time and that dfferent feelings come and go. We are just trying to be low-key about things and just accept that this is part of it. I hope he feels better soon and of course you too.

Mtxu, I somtimes check out the comments just by typing in Fiv Madrid in the Spanish google: www.google.es and then all the comments come up and the chat rooms. I havn´t taken part in the chats there as my Spanish isn't good enough but Spanish friends of mine who were also at the clinic tell me that the comments were generally really good about our clinic, so I just trusted them mainly.
Best of luck tomorrow
Bye for now
Jesse

jesse

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:44pm

Hi FM
we must have been writing at the same time!!! Good to hear that he is feeling better again. I think these wobbles as you say are par for the course.
A hug
Jesse

jesse

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 8:46pm

By the way FM thanx for the info about the fibroids. Helpful.

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 7:06am

Hi FIV Madrid contributors

We are about to go to Alicante for an initial ED appointment but am interested in your experiences at FIV.

Can you tell me what the ED prices are like please?

Also - mtxu - how did yesterday go???

Thanks

Hope xx

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 5:04pm

FIV Madrid

Hi Hope,

So far so good at FIV.

The price is 6500 Euros for everything.

It's 500 more for freezing surplus embryos.

Good luck in Alicante. I remember reading one of your posts and it sounded like very good value. It's tough for us that the pound has dropped so much in the UK against the Euro, all the treatments suddenly are much more expensive.

Fm

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 5:29pm

Hi Full Monty
6500 isn't bad. We were quoted 4700 at Vistahermosa in Alicante but have heard from someone on Fertility Friends that they have put their prices up so we'll just have to wait and see.
The pound v euro business is a nightmare isn't it! If only DH and I had thought of doing this last year.....
Hope xx

jesse

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 9:12pm

RE: FIV Madrid

Hi Hope,

I can confirm FM and so far we are very happy with the way they look after us there.They get back to us quickly if we have any doubts and they seem to be on our case as it were!! They are definitely a friendly clinic which really helps to make this more bearable, apart from the fact that that's the way it should be, especially after our experience at Ginefiv, where they didn't seem to give a damn about us. I hope they look after you in Alicante. Do let us know how you get on there. Lots of luck.
Jesse

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 10:59am

off to Madrid

Hi ladies,

Well, I've had the call. I'm to be in Madrid in 2 days for the egg transfer. It's all a bit scary/exciting/sudden! I'm trying to decide whether to go for 4 days, to relax in bed after the transfer, or whether to fly back the next day and rest at my home. The clinic says I can fly back immediately but I'm worried about any risk. On the other hand it saves hotel room fees.

Any thoughts?

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 1:56pm

RE: off to Madrid

Wow FM!
How exciting for you-when have u got to be there?do they also work weekends?
I know there's no medical reason for staying in Spain after your transfer but I think I would/will stay at least 1 night. A friend of mine had ED in Ukraine and flew home the same day as the transfer and she has a lovely little girl so I think you should just go with what u feel and can afford.
Good luck and let us all know how it goes!!
Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 7:42am

Hi FM,

Good luck with your ET. It'll all very real and exciting for you!

I've just started on the pill and I'm now waiting for a donor.

Let me know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

jesse

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 8:24am

Wow FM - what wonderful news - that is super quick. I know that mine will take a little longer but the Clinic seems to be optimistic that very soon too. So incredibly exciting. I have also heard that it makes no difference at all, just that you should be calm and no exagerated brusque movements. Perhaps check out on the Internet or ring your Gyne in the Uk for another second opinion ?!I would just try not to worry too much about this decision, just make it and that's it and go with the flow, as it were. What will be will be. Good luck, good luck, good luck.....
Big hug
Jesse.

jesse

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 8:43am

Hi FM
Ive just had a thought - if you decide to stay in MAdrid after your ET, why not check out this hotel/spa - ihttp://madrid-sierra.el-bosque.org/homeMadrid.php
It's a beatiful, relaxing place about an hour from the clinic in the Sierra mountain range, just outside Madrid. It's gorgeous. We've been a few times for one of those delicious, relaxing moments - spa circuit with massage. we haven't stayed in the rooms but they look good too. The food there is also exquisite. It's not over-the-top in terms of price - but maybe, as this is soooo special, why not mark the moment and be pampered. In fact, I may do this myself, come to think of it, when our time comes!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye sweetie and loads of luck again
Jessy

jesse

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 8:45am

Forgot to mention, you can get there by bus, from Moncloa bus station - it's cheap and the village is Mataelpino!!
J x

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 9:55am

Hi Everyone,

Well it's all been a bit frantic as you can imagine, getting ready with such short notice. I decided to stay for one extra day in the hotel for peace of mind and then travel back. I looked on the internet and there is no medical evidence that flying or travelling affects success rates. I will lie around as much as possible for the four days following and take it easy for the 2WW, but I prefer to be back home with my DVD's and dog etc.

Thanks Jesse for the spa recommendation. It looks lovely, something I will try another time. And good value too.

I am amazed how fast this has happened. Exactly one month since the first appointment. No time for partner's procrastination now... :innocent:

By the way, the donor produced 6 eggs, and I'll find out when I get there how many have fertilized. I've asked for 3 to be transferred, if I get that many.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

FM

Thursday, January 22nd 2009, 10:05am

Good Luck Fullmonty - hope you have a relaxing weekend - will be thinking about you from Alicante!

Hope x

Saturday, January 24th 2009, 7:09pm

Hello everyone,

I'm back from my adventure in Madrid. It all went incredibly smoothly. Ended up with just 2 good quality embryos, out of 5 initially fertilized out of 6. The whole procedure was very efficient and took no more than 15 mins! I didn't feel a thing. The staff were as nice as last time.

I also had accupuncure directly before and after, as I've been having treatment last year and I really rate it. It meant I was very relaxed for the procedure.

After that I lay around in the hotel for 24 hours with my partner and then got back on the plane and we came home.

I'm very pleased with how it went.

I've now got the 2 WW!

I'll keep you all informed.

Hope, I hope it went well in Alicante.

Fullmonty xx

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Saturday, January 24th 2009, 7:17pm

Hi Fullmonty

I've been following your diary with interest as I'm considering egg donation at FIV Madrid.

I just wanted to wish you all the best on the 2WW and to congrats you on being PUPO. Take it easy.

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

Saturday, January 24th 2009, 7:50pm

Thanks Pickles,

Er, what is PUPO? :D

FM

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 10:17am

Just looked it up :happy:

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 11:30am

Good Luck with the tortuous 2WW FM - will be keeping fingers crossed - will write up our Alicante experience on my Vistahermosa post - it went very well though

Hope xx

jesse

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 3:56pm

HI FM,
SO glad it all went well with the transfer. Many many congrats and the very best of luck now over the next couple of weeks.´I´m going in for a scan shortly and I guess they'll tell us more about a possible donor. Can't wait.
Take care
Jesse

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 7:53pm

Well done Fullmonty! :D

Great news about your embies!Rest up now,hope the 2ww flies by!

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 10:55pm

Thank you girls for all your kind messages.

Am resting up and doing positive visualisation! I must say all this lying around is very enjoyable!

I hope that you get your donor very soon, Jesse.

And Hope, congrats on getting through the first appointment, which in someways is the hard part.

See you all soon,

FM xx

jesse

Thursday, January 29th 2009, 6:28pm

Hi girls,
How you all getting on?? How you feeling FM?? am soo curious.....!! I imagine it must be tough (the waiting and not knowing) and magical at the same time. Hope you are able to enjoy this time.

Well, I´vejust had a scan at the clinic to see if the lining of my womb is prepared - it seems it is, thank god and we've beentold that they have a donor for us and she should be ready fr the transfer in a couple of weeks or so too- we are ecstatic and waiting for that telephone call!!! It's all been quicker than we expected (we thought at least another month). Will let you all know when we have any more news. I´m wondering now what the transfer is like. If you get a mo FM, can you just fill me, so that I can get mentally prepared for it?? Thanks.
Best of luck to everyone
hugs
Jesse

Friday, January 30th 2009, 1:12pm

Hi Jesse,

That's great news that they've found a donor. Congratulations!

In answer to your question, the transfer is like a military operation. You lie back on one of those 3/4 tables, with your legs in stirrups. The doctor cleans your cervix with a quick dab of a swab, then a small army of nurses arrive with the embryos. They ask you name (must be some official rule to avoid mistaken identity) then the nurses hand the precious embies to the doctor, who takes a long thin catheter, puts it inside you. You can see on the screen exactly where it's heading. She goes as far as she can through the cervix, and then releases them with a squirt into your uterus. You can see a little puff of white on the screen! They check the catheter under a microscope to make sure there's no embies hanging on in there. And it's all over, as quick as a smear test and less painful. 15 little minutes, after months/years of waiting etc, it's a slightly odd, in some ways anti climatic moment! I would have liked a small brass band to herald in the embryos on a velvet plate, and then after transfer, to have the entire clinic break out in a round of applause, while cracking open the champagne. Still, it remains an incredible experience, the science of it.

Now I'm excited and counting the days- 7 left! I've been distracted by family matters so not too much time to procrastinate. I feel quite calm, considering. I've stayed away from 2WW web discussions, and haven't told many friends or family. I've been doing positive visualisation regularly and eating healthily. I feel physically very well, a bit bloated and tender breasts, probably because of the drugs. Nothing else to report yet, but I'll let you know if there is!

All the best Jesse,

FM xx

Ginger74

Superstar

Germany

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Children: It's a girl!

Friday, January 30th 2009, 2:18pm

oh dear,
best of luck to you fullmonty, it's so exciting! babydust

Feb 09 God's Miracle - Natural BFP.
Sept 09 Thanks to God - Scrumptious baby girl is here. Please grow healthy and happy.

jesse

Sunday, February 1st 2009, 2:31pm

Hi FM
thanx so much for your very funny explanation!!! Really made me laugh and now I have a good idea of what to expect on my day!!! Brilliant. No news yet. Hope you are really really well.
Hugs
Jesse

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 2:01pm

back from my first consult

so very very sorry, ladies, for not checking in. after my whirlwind trip, i just started a new job and its been a bit crazy for me.

i can't believe all that happened and now i feel so short, because FM has a few days more to go and i want to know NOW (can you imagine what i will be like in the 2ww).

my experience with FIV Madrid has and is still excellent. my trip went perfectly efficient. i really liked Dr. Gomez (i guess he does all the foreigners), and all the chicas. everyone was friendly, and showed concern. julie answers my emails quickly, and even Dr. G emailed me once. they got me out in record time in less than 2 hours, i still had time to buy medicine down the street, and got early to the airport with a half hour to wait.

dr gomez was obviously rushing because of my time frame, but came back to me a couple of times as they drew blood to make sure i was OK with everything. i absolutely cannot complain.

i did all the intro paperwork. dr. gomez sat down with me to explain the procedure etc. then he did an ultrasound. he said my fibroids were not anywhere that would affect the procedure. he wondered if i was pregnant (wouldn't that have been hilarious after paying for a weekend trip overseas) and so they took a blood test (negative). after, i had to talk to the counselor. no biggie. and then i had to talk to the A/P department. and that was it.

julie was great translating documents to english and emailing them quickly. he originally asked for a hysteroscopy if my dr approved, and since she didn't think it was necessary, he was OK with that. he did ask for my doctor to OK the procedure, so i am getting the note. what has delayed me is that they found out i am not immunized for rubella. it was the one test result i was missing, and for this simple test i now have to wait 3 months. i could have signed a waiver, but i figured, after all this time waiting, and if i was able to get chicken pox at age 36, and with so many foreigners crossing the border who are not immunized - i better not take any chances.

so after i get immunized, i have to wait for 3 months and then they will do another rubella test to see that i am clear. the clinic said they will accept all my current test results through the summer. they said matching me was not a problem. they would try to give me 2 weeks notice, since i have to travel much farther.

praying for you FM. keep the faith.

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 2:07pm

accupuncture

hi, fm.

when i start the pills i plan to do accupunture as well. i was doing it last year when i was trying to get pregnant on my own. there is a local chinese Dr who is quite "famous." wrote a book and everything. unfortunately, with that comes high prices. i had to stop bec i couldn't afford it anymore. but i thought it would be worth it right before the transfer, and maybe the first 3 months. she is just too expensive.

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 2:10pm

hi, hope.

they do work saturdays but by appt only. no walk ins. closed on sundays.

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 2:42pm

spanish forums

hi, fm and jesse.

i checked the link you gave me for the spanish forums. bottom line, if you want to find negative, you will. every clinic has both good and bad. i did find one bad about FIV. it took me aback at first. this woman went on quite a bit. but the funny part is that her own sister went to FIV and had a great experience (which is why she originally went there).

i forget the whole story, but she did imply that they have a bunch of donors going all at once, so that when you are ready, they already have one waiting, because she was called last minute. she implied that the donor is not picked just for you.

i asked at my first consult, and to be fair, they tell you up front (and this goes for all in spain, i believe) that they are only matching blood type, hair color, eye color, skin color, and to some extent, height and weight. they may try if given choices, but they do not guarantee matching facial features or look alikes. in spain, brown hair and brown eyes is an easy match - but they can't fake the blood type. dr G promised the skin color. since the donors are compensated, i don't see the clinic just churning them out if they are not sure they can be matched - and in time - or the clinic will be out of pocket. if there is a cancelation, i can see why they would try to match with the next available so as not to lose a donor, but assuming the donor meets the criteria for you.

unless the doctor does everything personally himself, from selection to donor egg retrieval to implantation - you have to have faith in the clinic, the doctor, and any technician that handles the egg, the sperm, the embryo - and on and on. bottom line, if you are doing IVF, you have to trust that the clinic you choose is doing right by you. any clinic can say whatever, but you have to trust the rest. my opinion.

with your "military" operation, FM, seems like they are very careful with keeping track of identity and selection.

one more thing. Dr. G told me that they don't automatically freeze all unused embryos. only the ones that rate a 10. so just bec 6 fertilized and only 2 or 3 were implanted, doesn't mean they will freeze the remaining 3 if they were not 1st quality embryos. something i learned.

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 10:58am

Hi mxtu,

I was wondering what had happened to you. What you say about FIV having a stash of donors that they hand out could well be true! None the less, I was told they have a rigorous screening selection programme beforehand for their donors. And as you say it's an expensive and time consuming process to get donors ready for the sake of it. I think they have donors in waiting that they then select and then start to get one ready. I have a rare blood type which made it a bit more complicated. I like Dr Gomez. I got someone else, a Spanish lady doctor.

Well, I feel like I am in 2 WW hell. The only reason I'm online is because I feel so lonely and in need of support, as no one in my family knows what I am doing and my partner is away on business. some of my single friends know, but they don't really understand what this is like, and how much it means. Each day crawls by like a week, I feel its been months since the ET, not 12 days.

I confess I did an early pg urine test yesterday and this morning, but nothing yet, it has bought my morale right down....

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE