You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mtxu

Ace

Reg: Jun 3rd 2008

Children: None yet

Wednesday, February 4th 2009, 2:05pm

hi, fm.

wish i could give you a big hug. try to think of all the good things you have - down to the little itty bitty ones. try to do something unexpected for someone - even a stranger. just something small. it will make you feel special and needed.

you know how they say life is always greener on the other side - well i wish i didn't have to wait 3 months - your 2 ww hell looks like 2ww heaven to me right now. until the day i get there, of course. so don't feel bad, but don't wish it away either. there is a plan for everything. you need this 2 ww. think of your body as a garden, and fertilize it with positive thoughts. treat yourself, because you deserve it. you are almost there, full monty.

jesse

• "jesse" started this thread

Reg: Nov 30th 2008

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 3:18pm

Hi FM,
I too just wanted to wish you all the best and that am thinking of you - you are accompanied, even if it is through the ether!!!! :smile: Hope you are Ok. I haven't had my call yet so am also feeling nervous ....!!

Big hugs
Jesse

Reg: Dec 7th 2008

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 10:12am

Hello.

I didn't really feel like posting today but I couldn't leave you all wondering what happened to me having come this far. Unfortunately I'm not pregnant.

I'm very disappointed and it's still hard to believe. The symptoms are so strong with all those hormone drugs, exactly like being pregnant. But the early urine tests were negative. I hoped there would still be a chance yesterday with the blood test but no, it was a definite negative. ;(

For the record I didn't do anything physical, I stayed at home, took it easy, did positive visualisations for 15 mins 3 times a day, meditated, ate extremely healthily, cut out alcohol and caffeine for 3 months, have a normal BMI, am reasonably fit. There were a few unavoidable stresses- My grandmother died during the 2WW and I had to drive for 3 hours each way to the funeral. I also filed my self employed tax return at the last minute. Not ideal situations. But who knows why these things work out or not.

With 2 embryos transferred the success rate I was given was 67%, pretty high. I hope for the rest of you still waiting that you make it first time.

I'm now off the Progynova and the Proffevik pessaries. Apparently my AF should arrive in a day or two.

I really don't know if we can afford to try again and I don't know at this point what our options are, we both need to process.

I wish you all lots and lots of luck with your attempts, Jesse, Mxtu and Hope

Love FM

jesse

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 2:09pm

Hi FM
I'm really so very sorry to hear this - what an awful shame. You must be feeling dreadful. Thanx for thinking of us and letting us know anyway. Please stay in touch if you can face it and let us know what you decide to do. I hope you are able to try again at some point and give it another try. I send you an enormous hug through the ether.
Jessy.

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 8:29pm

Ah hun,im sorry to hear that.Its so dissapointing when we have built ourselves up and heard all about the high success rates.It hit me pretty hard when I had my BFN with my first egg donor cycle,I know how you feel.Hope you can take stock,be good to yourselves and work out where you go from here.Hope you can try again soon.

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Saturday, February 7th 2009, 10:35pm

Hi FM

Gutted to hear about your BFN - sending a BIG CYBERHUG!! This whole business is just so UNFAIR isn't it.
Let us know what you decide is your next move.
Hope xxx

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Sunday, February 8th 2009, 12:35pm

Hi FM,

Really sorry to hear your news.

Did you manage to freeze any embies?

Good luck with deciding what to do next, it's so hard.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

mtxu

Ace

Monday, February 9th 2009, 9:26am

Hi, FM. I am so sorry this happened to you. I don't know what else to say. Even though we all want to share your pain, and some of have gone through it on their own, it still remains very personal. I can only hope this makes you both stronger as persons and as a couple. And I pray that whatever you decide, it is for the right reasons - whatever that may be for you; and it is for your long term good. From someone who is almost 50 and may have only one shot at this, may you have no regrets. Mtxu

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 2:24pm

any word, jesse?

just wondering how you are holding up. it must be hard thinking positive right now, but we must hope there is a rhyme and reason for everything - even if we aren't lucky enough to understand it. Let us know how you are doing and if you've heard. mtxu

jesse

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 6:37pm

RE: any word, jesse?

Hi there everyone,
yes I´m anxious and in fact I haven't heard yet, I thought I might possibly today - nothing yet. Perhaps tomorrow. I´ll let you all know of course. Hope thye rest of you are Ok and keeping your spirits up, especially FM . It's nice to feel accompanied through all this though. Thanx for being there.
Have you had any further developments yet Mtxu and how are you keeping FM?
Hugs to all
Jesse

jesse

Wednesday, February 11th 2009, 10:59am

RE: any word, jesse?

Hi everyone,

I thought I would let you all know that this morning first thing, I had the call I've been waiting for so anxiously - phew at last!!! I have to be in the Clinic on Friday morning for my egg transfer - am soooo excited, can hardly believe it. Will keep you posted. Thanx to FM, I have an idea of what to expect at the transfer, but if anyone else out there reads this and has been through it, could you share with us what it's like?? Am trying to visualise the whole thing now. thanx

Jessy

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 6:57am

Finally. That's great. We'll be thinking of you and sending you lots of good vibes your way. Try to "enjoy" the military (according to FM) operation. This is really something special you are doing.

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 7:55am

Good luck Jesse! Will be keeping fingers crossed for u.I am on day 15 of the pill today-am still bleeding (have bled right thru but doc in Spain says that's nothing to worry about-did it happen to anyone else??)Anyway I should start taking my progynova next Thur or Fri although as am going "scanless" I hope this bleed stops before I finish the pill or how will I know if it's this bleed or the next one???
Anyway Jesse, I hope the procedure goes well- just try to relax and visualise the embryos settling into their new home for 9 months!
Let us know how it goes
Hope xx

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 3:43pm

hang in there, hope

oh, gosh. what we go through. i try not to wonder what my turn will be like. try not to worry, hope. its definitely good to be your own doctor, as well; no one can do that better. but this must be all so normal for the doctors. its in their best interest that it works for you (statistics and all); and one has to hope (no pun intended) that they are in this business for altruistic reasons. keep the faith. we are going to have a busy next couple of weeks btw you and jesse.

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, February 12th 2009, 3:47pm

valentine embryo for jesse

what a wonderful present this would be for you, jesse. as for me, i have to wait out the rubella. the old standard is 3 months, but my doctor says the new rule is 1 month. 2 months is extra cautious. one has to re-take the test so i assume that if you flunk the test, then you did it too early, and need to wait longer. i will see if dr. gomez is OK with testing earlier than 3 months. right now, february is month one.

jesse

Saturday, February 14th 2009, 8:28pm

RE: valentine embryo for jesse

Hi everyone!!!!
thanx soo much for all your best wishes.
Well I´m home, feet up, being pampered - it's fab!!! As you know, our transfer was yesterday morning - had to get in really early and it went just as you described FM - it really is sooo simple and quick and as you said a bit of an antclimax. But seeing it all happen on the screen is just wonderful. Felt really emotional and exciting - I almost burst into tears !!! I must say, the nurses and Dr were really sweet and seemed genuinely thrilled for us.
I was a bit nervous ysterday as it was Friday 13th would you believe it and although I'm not really superstitious, I felt quite odd. I mentioned it at the clinic to the nurses and they laughed and told me that in Spain apparently the superstition is on Tuesday 13th - so I felt a lot better! Anyway, am trying my best to be philosophical and to enjoy the moment. Will let you know how we get on.
Hope you are lucky and able to get going soon Mtxu on your cycle.
Big hug to everyone
Jessy

jesse

Saturday, February 14th 2009, 8:33pm

RE: valentine embryo for jesse

....and how could I forget, today is St. Valentine's and I feel in love with the world!!!! Wish it would stay that way!! :smile:
jesse

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 12:34pm

Hi Jesse

Glad it all went smoothly - let's hope it's a sticky one!

I continued to bleed through the microdiol (the pill) so I phoned the clinic on Friday, they spoke to the doctor who advised me to stop taking the pill and to start on the progynova straight away so I started it on Friday. Although they said that some women do bleed through the pill (I have never heard of this before) and said it was nothing to worry about, they said that next Thursday, if i am still bleeding, I will need to go for a scan to see what is going on (in London). Anyway, hopefully it will have stopped by then.....

The good news is that I feel like I have advanced 5 paces/days closer to the main event and I could be "good to go" for embryo transfer within 12 days now.

Hope x

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 3:12pm

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your supportive messages. I am feeling a lot better now. I just want to wish Jesse lots of luck for the next fortnight. I didn't realise your transfer was happening so soon! That's great! I wonder how many embryos did you get and if any were frozen?

We will probably try again in a few months, but for now I just want my body to recover from the hormones, and our bank balances to recover from the cost.

I am feeling remarkably philosophical these days, I think it's because I hit an all time low initially following the disappointment.

If I was to make a small complaint about the FIV clinic, here it is. My doctor, Manzanares, a lady doctor, was the one who I saw all along and who did the treatment. I had been told by a doctor in London that the clinic would place the embryos away from my fibroid. When she was doing the transfer I asked her this, but she didn't understand my Spanish. Julie, the translator, came in after it was all over and I asked her whether the embryos had been placed away from the fibroid. She went to ask the doctor and came back, saying the doctor had said she did the best she could. Now, the doctors office was two minutes down the hall. Couldn't she have come back in and spoken to me herself? I found this a bit strange. We were paying a lot of money, and a few seconds of their time to discuss something which was important to me would have made a difference. As I say, it's a small thing, but if I were to return there I might try a different doctor. Also, its hard to know how experienced each doctor is and what each doctor's success rate is.

Finally, the problem with going abroad is there's no follow up, no counselling if it goes wrong, no one to talk to. I never heard from Julie since the transfer, I thought she might have dropped me a note.

Just a few thoughts. A few moans! I would still go back there because I like the place, just maybe try a different doctor.

Good luck everyone, and to anyone reading this and considering the egg donor route,

Love FM xxx

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 4:24pm

Hi FM

Glad you are able to feel philosophical so soon after your disappointment - it's amazing how quickly we (human beings) can bounce back no matter what is thrown at us isn't it.

I know what you mean about the doctor who couldn't be bothered to come and talk to you. When we had our second round of "ordinary" IVF at LFC in London, the doctor (who wasn't our doctor) came in to put our one solitary embryo back in. He sauntered in and said "OK now I'll put them back in", proving that (despite the fact that we were paying so much money) that he hadn't even bothered to glance at our notes. Talk about feeling like you're on a conveyor belt.

I hadn't realised that it was possible to place embryos away from fibroids - I have quite big (5cm I think) fibroids.

It is a bit bad that Julie hasn't contacted you - it's just a business to them I suppose but a bit of effort can make all the difference sometimes can't it.

Take care FM

Hope x

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 4:43pm

Hi Hope,

Good to hear from you. Yes, I was told that by my gynaecologist, that they can place the embryos away from the fibroid. Reading on the internet it does seem like there is some degree of expertise in the way the embryos are placed. Does anyone else know anything about this? Is expertise and expereince required or can you just fire them in and hope for the best?

12, or is it 11, days to go for you, that's not long! I'd be really interested to know what you think of the clinic Alicante, as they offer such good value.

Fingers crossed for you to have a great experience and lots of success :happy:

Love Full Monty xx

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 5:31pm

Hi FM

Vistahermosa clinic - so far so good but because of this "bleeding issue" am having, I sometimes wonder if we would have been better off going to one of the clinics that have a link with a UK clinic although I can't really complain - Salome, the lady I am dealing with (eqiuv to your Julie I suppose) has always got straight back to me when I've emailed or phoned her with any problem.

It's all a bit of a stab in the dark anyway isn't it. Even in the UK I didn't really know how qualified/experienced my doctor was and I actually think whoever you get and whatever they've done before that there is so so much luck involved!

Hope x

mtxu

Ace

Sunday, February 15th 2009, 6:37pm

transfers and

jesse, glad all went well on the 13th. its great when we have each other to prep ourselves on what to expect. i guess i will be the "lucky" one learning from both FM and now you on the process in general and also on FIV Madrid.

looks like Hope and Jesse will be head to head with the 2 ww. crossing all my fingers and toes for both of you.

FM, you said you ended up with 2 quality eggs; does that mean none of the other 3 were optimal enough to be frozen? how about you jesse? how many did they transfer and were any frozen?

i am curious about the statistics. i am thinking i will be a one-shot deal, if none are frozen. dr. gomez did say that the statistics aren't high for extra good quality eggs to freeze.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 9:31am

Hi mxtu,

How are you? In answer to your question I was told none of the other embryos were worth freezing, and yes, I think there's a smaller success rate with frozen embryos anyway, but then the advantage is that it costs 1500 Euros to have them put in, as opposed to 6500 to start the whole process again with a new donor.

A strange coincidence just happened (given my comment yesterday) this morning I received a very nice email from Julie asking whether I was PG or not. Seems they don't communicate with each other at the clinic as I informed the doctor ten days ago. Do you think they read this website?!!!

Jesse I hope your rest is going well,

Love FM x

mtxu

Ace

Monday, February 16th 2009, 5:06pm

Somehow I don't think so, although i am sure some do (like the ones in the US); and it may be good if clinics knew these existed; all you need is one bad entry - it would at least improve their customer service.

FM, try not to let one person side track you. do what you feel is right for you and your partner, and not because one person (a woman at that) couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes with you. we put so much hope in having a baby, and we become so fragile (a comment made by a friend - do they know?; something our partner's / husband's say - did they really want it); we could drive ourselves batty going around and around. and our success rests on so many things and strangers that are out of our control. Its hard not to let one thing bring us down and burst our bubble. with you, its even harder because you just lost your grandma. I am so sorry for your loss there as well. hopefully it was peaceful for her.

Monday, February 16th 2009, 6:35pm

Thanks, Mxtu, I wouldn't let one person affect my decision, and anyway, everyone else at FIV has been really nice. I like Doctor Gomez and Julie and the nurses were all very pleasant. I had a second follow up email from her today.

Thanks also for the thoughts about my Grandma. She had a long life, she was 94 when she went, so we don't feel too bad, a little sad but if we all live to that age we'll be very lucky!

Which reminds me, whenever I worry about age I always think about that woman in India who had a baby at 70! OK, so maybe that's just a bit too old, but it always make me smile when I think of it, and it stops me worrying about my age. The wonders of science eh?

We need to have a couple of FIV Madrid FZ pregnancies announced very soon, to get us all in the mood. No pressure! :smile:

FM x

mtxu

Ace

Monday, February 16th 2009, 6:59pm

speaking of the wonders of science. how about the one who had 8 (octuplets) in Southern California. On top of the 6 she already had. :shocked: let's not scare Hope and Jesse. breath deeply........

mtxu

Ace

Monday, February 16th 2009, 10:48pm

madrid pharmacy prices

i just got my credit card bill and was re-reading earlier posts because i remembered what you said, FM, about the pharmacist. i went to the one you mentioned on Urquijo 15, i thought, but after noticing you said yours cost EU 120, i double checked and it looks like there are two pharmacies within spitting distance - and i went to the wrong one!

i went to the one on Urquijo 26. i realize we may not have had the same medication list, but mine cost EU 364, about US $500. mine incluced 6-progeffik, 10-progynova, 2-femivit folico, and 1-decapeptyl. big difference if it was the same. ouch!

the consult was EU 200 or US $272.

my 2-nites hotel was cheaper than the doctor or medicines! EU $158 or US $215.

although my hubby says that the medicines were still probably way cheaper than if i bought them in the US. thank goodness all our tests and shots have all been covered so far.

other than reading it here, i don't remember anyone telling me i would need to get scanned to check my lining after the first month on the meds to see if it was ready. is that standard? did they tell you at the consult? what test exactly do they do or is it called? i am wondering if my ob-gyn can do it in her office or if i will need a referral or have to pay for it out of pocket.

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 9:18am

I think my medication was exactly the same, but I didn't have the decapeptyl. If it's any consolation our hotel was 300Euros for two nights! I was very surprised at how cheap that chemist was.

I don't know if everyone has to have a scan. My periods had stopped last August so my lining was thin to start with. Usually you can get it done at your ob-gyn's office. I did. It is something you can arrange easily with no referral.

I remember Hope's clinic in Alicante didn't ask her to have a scan.

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 17th 2009, 2:43pm

thanks, fm. i think i would opt for the scan on my own, then, since i have such a distance to travel. i want everything to be as right as can be. which is why i decided on going ahead with the rubella shot.

my ob-gyn has been extremely helpful ordering everything for me, even though my HMO does not cover IVF for anyone over 42-44. i have a feeling she would be open to it. my period stopped last september. dr. g was surprised that for someone who hadn't had a period in 3-4 months, my lining was thick in some places which is why he took a blood test, in case i was pregnant.

if you plan to go back to madrid, i would be most happy to refer you to my hotel - right in puerta del sol. send me a pm. my family stays there whenever we visit.

jesse

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 9:51pm

2WW

Hi everyone,

sorry I haven't been in touch for a while - I have been trying to disconnect from fert. treatment issues (although as u can see I´m back again to catch up on the goss!! it's just nice t feel in touch with u out there and discuss our stuff. I've been tyring to zen out and take it easy, although I have to say time crawls by - still another week to go before PT - uff!!! I have a few sympoms which make me excited but then these could be just the meds. Anyway, I've been reading all your messages of support and best wishes(thanks so much to all of you). You seem to be feeling a bit better FM - am glad and hope you can get all psyched up again to do another attempt, not to mention the cost involved. and Mtxu, any news on your Rubela result? are you able to start your cycle soonish?? I wish you a speedy start!!! Good luck Hope at Vistahermosa for your transfer.
You asked me how many embies were put back in - 2 (apparently best quality!! Remains to be seen !!) and we had 2 frozen out of a total of 7 good eggs. I talked to the Dr (we had Dr Chávez for the transfer- lady, good enough English, friendly and seemed competent we thought) about transferring 3 but she really recommended 2 given the possibility of a multiple pregnancy.
We also asked about the possible pregnancy rates with our frozen embryos in case we have a negative this time round and they told us up to 40% and that we would have to use these first before attempting another fresh cycle. It's definitelñy less but also quite a bit cheaper too! Hopefully we won't need to resort to this but just in case and for your info.....

Anyway, hugs to everyone
Speak soon, hopefully with good news....
Jesse

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 11:42pm

Hi Jessy
Was just thinking about u today and wondering how u were getting on in your 2ww.hope the symptoms are for real and that they're settling down for the longhaul in there.Only 1 more (tortuous) week to wait....
Unfortunately we have had to abandon our cycle cos I couldn't stop bleeding.I bled right through the pill(just spotting) so the clinic told me to stop it at 15 days and start the progynova but a week later I was bleeding even more (still not massively bleeding, but bleeding all the same)so they told me I'd have to stop and start again after my next natural cycle.boo hoo. My cycles are really long so it's likely to be late March before we get going again and even then will have to wait 21 days again before injecting something in my buttock (instead of the pill).the clinic's going to send me to some doc in London to get the prescription and have a scan next week to check everything is OK. They think it might be my fibroids bleeding (oh great!) and told me not to worry, that some people's bodies just react differently to some drugs.
Obv we are v disappointed but pleased the clinic didn't just proceed regardless as I don't think it would have had much chance of success.they told me it was a shame as my donor was "almost ready" which is an odd thought and have promised that they'll give me priority next time and that I won't have to wait for a donor.
So, back to square one almost but at least it'll be spring when we (eventually!) get to go back to Alicante.
Anyway Jesse-am routing for you and your embies-good news about the frosties too (altho hopefully you'll not need them)Do they keep them if u don't need them this time?
Take care
Hope x

mtxu

Ace

Friday, February 20th 2009, 9:01am

good to hear from you, jesse. glad you have that 2nd chance with the frozen, just in case. maybe it makes for a less stressful wait. que sera sera. just believe there is a rhyme and reason for everything, even if we don't always know it.

which, i guess, applies to all of us. very sorry, hope, that you've had to delay yours as well. its very frustrating, i can imagine. take a breather and let your body talk to you. maybe you should consider accupuncture. i am not a "believer," but i won't knock anything just because i don't understand it either.

i am going to see if i can push up my wait. i figure that by the time i take the pills and all, it would be about 2.5 months in effect. both my doctor and the Center for Disease Control say one month is the new standard; and i've looked online as well. we'll see what FIV says.

jesse

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:12pm

Hi there girls,

good to hear from you both and am just sorry Hope that you have had to abandon this time round. I like to think there is a ryhme and a reason for things - although they may appear unclear or confusing at the time. I hope you much feel better soon - I must say you sound quite philosophical!
Mtxu, I hope that you get going really soon!! That would be just terrific.
I´m feeling Ok - nothing new to report - am trying to be phiolosophical too - as we all know this is such a quagmire of uncontrollables - I´m beginning to really resign myself to going with the flow - as you say Mtxu, what will be will be .....

Speak soon
Jessy

Saturday, February 21st 2009, 9:37am

Hi everyone, hello Jesse, great to hear from you, glad you're hanging in there. Doesn't time go sooo slowly during the 2WW? It goes slowly for us too, waiting to hear your good news!!! That's great you got a couple of extra ones in the freezer in case you want siblings :D

Hope, sorry to hear about the delays, you must be very disappointed, but best to to do it when your body is ready and strong, a long period is very draining. Are you taking vitamins to build up your reserves? According to fertility expert Zita West its good to do IVF treatment in the warmer spring weather, more chance of success for us here in freezing Blighty.

Mxtu, hope you manage to get going sooner rather than later.

You're all right, everything happens for a reason, even if we can't see what it is at the time!

Take care girls,

Love FM xx

Saturday, February 21st 2009, 11:32am

Hi Everyone
Thanks for sharing my disappointment - I am trying not to think how long it's going to be until we finally make it back to Spain (if we do) (WE WILL!!)
I went to Zita West's for some acupuncture after one of my IVF transfers but we ended up spending so much money on a course of acupuncture last year and (although I enjoyed the experience - great for relaxing) it didn't work (as in I didn't get pregnant) so think I'll leave it out of this year's plans.
I am taking vitamins but I do feel a bit drained and am trying to diet and exercise more too - don't we put a lot of pressure on ourselves? Anyway my husband has flown off to the Middle East this morning (he's in the Navy) but only until next week so have got a good excuse to eat loads of veggies and veg (as in the verb "to veg"!) too, after I've been for a run and been to Ikea to get some new chairs and been shopping.....

I've been given the name of a doctor in London to go and have a scan and get the prescription for the Decapeptyl I need for the next cycle, Dr Carl Chow in Devonshire Street. I rang yesterday evening but the secretary hadn't heard anything about me (I think she was a bit suspicious of me actually) but said she'd check with Dr Chow on Monday and get back to me. Have googled him and his specialisms include fibroids - he practices at the London Clinic. Hopefully he'll let me come and see him next week and not charge me the earth.....

Only a few more days to go now Jesse.....what day are you going to test? Will you just do a home test or are you going for a blood test?

Hope x

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 2:42pm

Hi, everyone. My local DR wrote a nice note approving the procedure and Dr. G. said I didn't have to wait 3 months for the rubella to wear off. But he does want me to retake the blood test to make sure I am clear, and do an ultra sound. Now I have to wait for my DR to get back tomorrow and hopefully these are the last 2 things left to do before I start.

Jesse, how are you doing? Almost there. Don't wish these 2 weeks away. Your body needs it, and so does the little one. Tons of good wishes and vibes going your way.

jesse

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 3:20pm

Hi girls!!
Only 2 more days to go!!!!!! Wow this 2WW is a long haul - snails pace ..................but as you say Mtxu it's a great chance to try and pamper yourself and really focus on mind and body and just being well in all ways possible. I feel a lot of symptoms, including dreadful wind, I´m sorry to say :O (apparently a good sign!! I´m told although am not the most popular person to be around in my house right now!!) but I know full well these can be deceiving. I´m going in to the Clinic for a blood PT on Friday and that way can be sure and get to have a chat with the Dr about whatever the result is when they ring me - if I can that is!!! Ouf ...that moment of truth - makes me tremble just to think about it!!

That's great knews Mtxu about the Rubella. Sounds like you could be starting really soon. Fingers crossed.

Any news Hope on Dr Chow?? Good luck with him. Hope you feeling better.
FM hope you are feeling more bouyant again and thanks for your support.

Hugs to all
Jesse

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 3:39pm

Everything crossed for friday jesse-sending babydust and good vibes.....and good news mtxu bout the rubella test....let's hope ur almost good to go......

I saw Mr Chow this morning and he gave me the prescription for decapeptide that I need to inject on day 22 of next cycle.I had a chat with him about my seemingly never-ending bleed (newsflash:it finally appears to have stopped as of this morning!)And he said it really wasn't anything to worry about-some women just react that way to the drugs.he gave me a referral for a scan but said to check with Vistahermosa whether I really needed one-he seemed to think that I wouldn't as I had had one a month ago in Spain and that the only purpose would be to see where I am in my cycle (as it could all be messed up by the drugs)but that as I am not starting the next treatment regime until I have a natural period, that there was little point in knowing this. Also, the scan would cost £190. Haven't had chance to contact Vistahermosa yet but I think they'll say I don't need one.
So now I have to wait for my period......it should have been next week but the drugs might have messed it all up so will just have to wait and see.
The best thing was that altho the secretary told me yesterday that I'd have to pay £150 consultation fee, nobody asked me for any money and they don't have my address so looks like I might have got away with it....
Anyway, am pleased that I saw him cos he's put my mind at rest about not being a freak!

mtxu

Ace

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 9:14am

Hi, Hope.

I hear you about the acupuncture. When I first started this baby quest in 2008, with the long shot of doing it on my own, I tried the acupuncture route with someone local who has a bit of a reputation having luck with unexplained and/or older women (asian doctor with a book and all). But at an average of US $350 a pop, it was pretty expensive. I felt like I was coming close to a full IVF treatment real fast. And while the massages were excellent, and the advice was healthy, I truly didn't notice any obvious physical benefit from all the herbs, etc. that went with it. Not knocking it, but from the bottom line, neither did it work for me as far as reaching my goal. But at least it got me going on the right track of cutting back on coffee and alcohol. I am considering going back for a month or two just right before the transfer and after. With my new job now, though, it might not happen. mtxu

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 6:13pm

Oh God!I had forgotten about the herbs!! I paid about £200 for this powder that u were meant to dissolve in hot water but the taste was SO BAD I just couldn't stomach it and 90% of it ended up in the bin...what a waste!!!
Any news on the rubella business?
Hope xx

mtxu

Ace

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:55pm

Hi, Hope. the test has been ordered, so I will go in next week to re-test to check for immunity. this is a real quick process and fast turn around for results. what i am waiting for is another vaginal ultrasound to get a baseline since i haven't had a period in a few months. my gyn seems to work part time bec half the time i email her, she is out. she will be back on tuesday. hopefully i can get the scan done next week as well. and hopefully, hopefully, there are no more requirements and i can begin right away. thanks for asking. mtxu

mtxu

Ace

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 5:57pm

Jesse - how are you doing?

praying for what is best for you. let us know when you are ready. m

jesse

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 8:15pm

RE: Jesse - how are you doing?

I´M PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't believe it -we are both floating at the moment..... it's just wonderful.
Sorry didn´t get in touch yesterday, we were out celebrating!!!!!!!! My partner immediately booked a romantic restaurant and we are just having a fab weekend now doing whatever we feel like, trying to take it easy too, just in case and well enjoying this moment. I did want to get in touch though and let you all know as I'm sure you are keen to find out too and because you have been such a support.
Good luck to all of you... I will stay in touch as it's sooo good to feel accompanied and thanks for all your invaluable support.

Will speak soon
Bye for now
Jesse

mtxu

Ace

Saturday, February 28th 2009, 9:10pm

OMG, jesse. i feel like crying. you would think i was the one with the baby. am just so very happy for you. relish each moment. there are no two moments alike. they go by so fast. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! To both of you. please stay in touch when you can. and keep your family strong. mtxu

Sunday, March 1st 2009, 12:09pm

WOW Jesse-that is the BEST news!!!I am also feeling emotional about it! So so pleased for you-love the fact that u went straight out to celebrate too-fabulous!!

Hope xx

jesse

Tuesday, March 3rd 2009, 9:53am

Thought I would just nip in and say hi and thank you for your lovely messages!!! Can't stay away!! Hope you all in good spirits despite the inevitable ups and downs.....
hugs
Jesse

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 8:20am

Hi everyone,

Congratulations Jesse, that's fantastic news!!! After your previous IVF experiences you must be overjoyed! Well done! We'll all be lining up for Doctor Gomez now :D

I'll probably not be back on here for a while, as I'm inundated with major disruptive building work at my home for the next month, but best of luck to mxtu and Hope in the next few weeks. looking forward to more positive announcements very soon!

See you all,

Love FM xx

jesse

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 10:16am

Hi everyone,
Have a mo so thought I would nip in and say hi and see how you are. really good to hear from you FM - good luck with the builders - UGH!!!! Mxtu - any news on you and your Ruebella test etc ...?? I imagine you should be starting any time now??? How r things with you Hope???

I´m fine... feeling quite ok and enjoying focussing on my body and me/us!!! Am going for a first scan in a few weeks time - wow, what nerves.....
Nice to still feel in touch though with you all - this chat is kind of addictive!!!!
Take care everyone
Hugs
Jesse

mtxu

Ace

Tuesday, March 10th 2009, 2:08pm

Hi, Jesse. Good to hear from you. I am just waiting to take a transvaginal ultrasound to get a baseline, i guess. the dr ordered it because i hadn't had AF in about 5 months, and guess who showed up on saturday? just a mini one. and i never did last more than 4 days.

as for the rubella, i will re-take the test when i go in for the ultrasound. no point making 2 trips. and that buys me more time building the immunity.

anyone know if i can or should still do the ultrasound now with AF or wait until it if finished, or whatever the timing is for this baseline?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE