You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hope Springs Eternal" started this thread

Reg: Dec 2nd 2007

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 9:09pm

Egg donation abroad - having scans/tests in UK

Hi

We are thinking of having ED abroad (maybe in Spain). We had IVF at LFC in London (2 x BFNs) in Nov 07 and March 08. I am now 42.

We are still with LFC (I suppose) and they have links with IVI in Alicante. I have read good things about them. We have been quoted 7400 Euros for the ED in Spain and a further £3,900 for LFC's role, including sperm freezing and couriering and scans etc in UK but not drugs for me (another £1,000 apx). This make one cycle about £11,000 not including travelling to and staying in Alicante.

Has anyone tried to do this without UK clinic involvement as £4000 is pretty steep. I have seen posts by ladies who have had tests etc in Spain (ie done 2 trips) and had scans on NHS or have paid to have them at NHS hospitals in UK. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Although sucess rates are high, we realise that we might not be successful first time around and need to try to conserve funds in case we have to go back. (If you have frosties it is significantly cheaper second time around)

Thanks

HSE

Reg: Dec 30th 2007

Children: Was Lister

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 9:48pm

Hi HSE

There's a really good threat from Angie on your section but I don't know how to screen grab it for you. She worked out the costs for a couple of clinics in Spain and gave great advice on what to expect when you arrive at the clinic.

I found it very useful and honest.

Hope that's useful
Michele

4 ICSI - all BFN
Poor responder (6 eggs max on left ovary only)
High NK cells
Considering Egg Donation

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, November 20th 2008, 9:50pm

I think Pickles means this one, hope it helps

Egg Donor Programme at Instituto Marques - Barcelona

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Friday, November 21st 2008, 8:00am

Hi Pickles and Eeyore
Thanks for your tip.I had already seen Angie's thread actually but have now read it again. What is puzzling me though is how you get your scan done in UK without paying a clinic £4000 and how Angie got hold of the drugs she needed (patches and the pill) and how these were monitired in UK. If they were-is it safe to undergo patch treatment without a doctor monitoring you? I expect my clinic would tell me that it isn't and that I should therefore pay them the £4000 for the pleasure! I saw on another Fertility website that someone had paid their hospital £500 (I think it was in Southampton)for the monitoring but I don't know how to go about finding out about this?
Maybe I'll ring the clinic in Spain and ask them directly. This will be a hell of a lot cheaper if we cut out the UK costs and that might mean we get the chance to have a second go.....
HSE xx

Reg: Jul 23rd 2008

Children: Fingers crossed

Friday, November 21st 2008, 9:27am

Hi HSE

I noticed that some uk clinics (e.g., oxford fert) quote the prices on their websites (e.g., price per scan and/or bloods) and their policies for co-operating with other clinics when you have Tx elsewhere (e.g., oxford says that if they are not performing the Tx they just send the results to the other clinic and do not give advice, or discuss results with you etc), so maybe its worth looking over the websites of all the clinics which are local to you?

Friday, November 21st 2008, 6:12pm

Hi Carnelian
Thanks for your post-I will have a look at other London clinics and see what their pricing schedules say.
A friend of mine in the same boat as us went to LFC today with a load of questions about egg donation at IVI Alicante today so hopefully she's asked these questions too.
Has anyone else out there done this? ie had ED oversees without paying a packaged fee to a UK clinic?
HSE xx

Reg: Jul 25th 2008

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:05am

scans/tests

Hi
We are having treatment at IVI Barcelona.
Our ACU in the UK has worked with them before and they have agreed to to do the monitoring- think its £20 for scan and £30 for each blood test. IVI have given them forms so that results can be faxed asap.
I got a prescription for drugs during our initial consultation in Spain and just went to the pharmacy there and got drugs for 280 euro.
IVI did not freeze any of DP's sperm so it means that we have to be there in at egg collection time but that just means being few more days in Spain for us.

Snoops

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 9:19am

Thanks Snoopster
Good luck with IVI Barcelona - have you been impressed with them and (if you don't mind me asking) how much are you paying?
What is an ACU? Is that an NHS department? How did you organise that? Did you go via your GP? We have only done private IVF so have never approached NHS for anything. Where is your ACU? How can I find out who my ACU might work with? So many questions - this really is a minefield!!!

HSE

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 10:09am

Hi
Sorry- ACU means Assisted Conception Unit.
In Scotland, many NHS Departments also offer self funding. We had 2 self funded ICSI attempts with the Unit. At our second review appointment, following our second BPN, the consultant talked to us about IVI.

We looked into other Clinics in Spain but eventually decided on IVI- we really trust our Consultant and couldnt get it out of our heads that she recommended IVI rather than the others- dont know if that was silly but we felt that we made the right decision for us.

Our initial consultation went really well. You are assigned a "co-cordinator" who speaks english but the doctor's english was also very good. During my assessment, the doctor discovered fluid in one of my tubes and recommended that I get this looked into before starting treatment. The initlal consultation was round about 200 euro- I am very good at forgetting how much this all costs!!!! Think the next bill is going to be around 9000 euro, including drugs for donor.
The fluid in my tube had never been spotted in the Uk.

IVI were fast at responding to emails initially and set up appointment very promptly. However have been slower to respond to my hysterical questions about my damaged tube :snigger: Think they wanted my gnaecologist here to make that decision rather than them! (Decison now made- tube out on 13th december!)

Oh dear- sorry for the length of this reply!!

Snoops

Saturday, November 22nd 2008, 4:35pm

Thanks Snoopster - I think you are right to go with your instincts. Sorry to hear about your tube - you just never know what's going to be the next obstacle in this game do you? I hope your op goes well on 13 Dec.

HSE xx

loop

Ace

Reg: Nov 9th 2008

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 9:24pm

hi all
I have just joined this site and was wondering particularly how you feel about egg donation and particularly going abroad for it. We have just been for the consultation in IVI Barcelona and like you Snoops were very encouraged and came away with only positive thioughts about the set up there. We had to have tests done in UK as the last tests were over 6 months old, some we got through the GP and others we had to pay private. We will have scans through private fertiltiy clinic here as needed which i think will cost about £100 each. Sounds like we are having similar process to Snoops as we will be returning for about 5 days when we return to Barcelona as need to be there to give a sperm sample on day of egg retrieval and then stay for a few days ready for egg transfer - fingers crossed!
Our mood and thoughts about egg donation keep fluctuating - does any one elses as we really want to do it although i keep worrying about the whole process and the ethical implications ? :hmm:
Loop

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 9:46pm

Hi Loop
I have been through all the egg donation worries that you are having - none of this is easy. I have a friend who has a little girl conceived via egg donation in Kiev and I am spurred on by her success and I will think about the challenges later - if we manage to get pregnant! We have tried adoption but met with such terrible social workers that we have given that idea up for now and are back on the IVF game....
Glad to hear that you are not going on a "package" from one of the fertility clinics - I think they are such a rip-off!
I am also going to get any scans and that done privately like you.
How much are you paying at IVI Barcelona by the way? We are pretty much decided on Spain but haven't decided on the clinic yet. There are 3 in the frame:
Ginefiv in Madrid (looks good, costs about 6000 Euros per cycle but haven't been able to find anyone else who has been there on the sites....)
Clinica Vistahermosa in Alicante (4900 Euros or 3 cycles for 10,900 Euros - 40% back if you don't get pregnant - looks OK and some people have said good things about it but the haven't sent me much info yet)
Ceram in Marbella (about 6000 Euros I think but they want paying in cash which has made my DH a bit suspicious of it!)
When do you go back to Barcelona? Is there a waiting list?
Good luck anyway!!!
HSE xx

loop

Ace

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 10:08pm

Hi HSE
We think the cost for Barcelona will be between 7-9,000 euros (this includes drugs for donor). They have said it will be difficult to give an accurate amount because it does depend on whether we will need ICSI or not, and will only tell when we reach that point. we have paid about £180 for consultation when we went and pay 5000 euros when they confirm when a donor is ready. We only went just over 2 weeks ago and we can commence the basic start of treatment when i start my next treatment. They have said that it takes 1-3 months to get a donor, usually 2. It is the IVI in Barcelona and they sent us all the details of treatment , costs etc when we emailed them initially. We were very impressed when we attended and we have an english speaking coordinator who has responded to all our worrying emails so far. Of course we have to pay for our drugs and scans here but they have given us reply forms for our private fertility clinic to fill in for us to return. It is all very organised.
When i've been through IVF and ICSI i never really felt i knew what was expected of me and when things were to be done etc, but i have to say i feel more aware about this process and more in some sort of control.
Good luck in making your decision.
Loop

Tuesday, November 25th 2008, 10:10pm

Thanks Loop - I just can't
wait to get started but don't want to waste our hard-earned money on the wrong clinic!!
Good luck to you too Loop!
HSE xx

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 8:35pm

Hi
I do have wobbles from time to time- worrying about if the donor will have a big nose was my latest thought in the middle of the night!
Most of the time though I just want to get started on the next lot of treatment- We'll hopefully be starting early in the New Year once I have recovered from having my tube removed!

Snoops

loop

Ace

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 10:14pm

Hi Snoops
I know what you mean about strange thoughts in the middle of the night. I dreamt last night that i was pregnant following egg donation and something was wrong because the baby had "white blood" ! Very strange dreams i'm having at the moment. I suppose it is the unknown. I hope to start the treatment in the next week. I hope you are feeling better in yourself now - good thing the diagnosis made in Spain. We thought Barcelona explained everything really well and made us feel comfortable with the whole process, we were very impressed.
Loop

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: One wonderful Son

Wednesday, November 26th 2008, 10:32pm

Hi,

My DP and I are just back from out first appointment with IVI in Barcelona and we're very impressed. :)

I need to have a few more tests carried out but we are hoping to get started with our egg donation just after Xmas.

My DP did leave some frozen sperm when we were there but, time permitting, I think that we will go back for the EC and just have a few more days in Barcelona.

We may well see some of you over there ...

Janice

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Friday, November 28th 2008, 7:49pm

Hi JMB
Glad your visit to IVI went well- sounds like they are going to be very busy with all of us early next year!

Snoops

Wednesday, December 3rd 2008, 9:36am

We have now taken a bit of a stab in the dark and have booked an appointment in Jan at the Clinica Vistahermosa in Alicante. The lady I spoke to (Salome) was so friendly and informative and there was no fuss.
We don't need to do any tests before we go, they will all be done there and then and will be included in the price (4900 euros if we go for 1 cycle or 10,900 euros if we decide to go for 3 cycles - with 40% back if I don't get pregnant).
Here's hoping.....HSE xx

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Children: Girl born Dec 2006. Conceived naturally.

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 12:28pm

Clinica Vistahermosa in Alicante

Hi Ya

How did your appointment in spain go? We have an appointment with them next month and your thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

My current dilemma is the following

1. How to tell my GP about our plans to go abroad for treatment
2. Where do you go for a scan to check your womb is ready for implantation?

Look forward to hearing from you
coxy

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 4:51pm

Hi Coxy
I have emailed you
Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 5:01pm

Hi Hope,

When is your appointment? I hope that it all goes well.

We're now at the stage of waiting for my AF to start so that I can start taking the pill, and then shortly after that I'm hoping that the IVI Clinic in Barcelona will have a donor for us. It'a all very real now, and very exciting :)

Here's hoping that 2009 is a good year for all of us!

JMB

Personal blog
A Working Mum

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JMB" (Jan 17th 2009, 5:02pm)

Saturday, January 17th 2009, 11:38pm

Hi JMB

We are flying out to Alicante on Thursday and our appointment is on Friday (23rd) - it's not really feeling very real to us yet but hopefully it will soon. Did you go via a clinic in UK or did you go direct to IVI Barcelona? How long do you think you'll have to stay on the pill for and do you have to get any scans done in UK to check the thickness of the lining of your womb? Vistahermosa have told us we don't need to have any but it's one of the (many!) things am worrying about!

Let me know how you get on with the pill and with them finding you and donor - I 'll be keeping my fingas crosst for u!!!

Hope xx

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 18th 2009, 9:25am

Hi Hope,

My AF arrived this morning, which is great! We're now one step closer to our dream :)

We're going through the Nuffield, it was the consultant there that had recommended the IVI clinic to us. The Nuffield are going to scan me and take any bloods necessary throughout the whole procedure for the IVI.

I had a look at the protocol last night and I've to have a scan carried out between day 1 and three of AF to ensure that any folicles present in my ovaries are less than 10mm. I'll then start the pill and continue to take until they've found a donor for us.

I hope that your appointment goes well on the 23rd. They will explain the whole procedure there for you and they should be able to answer any of your questions and worries.

If you're not sure about anything then please ask and I'll try and help.

Let me know how you get on on Fri.

JMB x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Monday, January 19th 2009, 8:02am

Hi JMB
Where is the Nuffield?are u in Scotland?We're in London-we have decided to do this without the assistance of a UK clinic as ours (LFC) want £5K just for their admin part in the process and for a couple of scans. The clinic we're going to Alicante (Vistahermosa) have told us already that I won't need to have any scans in UK but that I can if I want.I am therefore interested in what you say about Nuffield scanning u to check the size of your follicles-did they tell u why they need to measure this?
Anyway, I would like to wish u all the luck in the world-keep me posted on what happens next-will your scan be today?
Hope xx

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Monday, January 19th 2009, 8:03pm

Hi Hope,

The hospital that we're using is the Nuffield is in Glasgow. Our consultant there had advised us to try the IVI Clinic in Barcelona and the Nuffield will scan me throughout our time in the UK.

They want to make sure that I don't have any folicles in my ovaries that are over 10mm in size when I start on the pill.

They will then scan me again on day 10, just before they collect the eggs from our donor, and this is to check the lining of my uterus and they'll also take some bloods at that point as well to make sure that my hormone levels are as they should be for that stage in my cycle.

They're really just making sure, as far as they can, that we have the best possible chance of obtaining a BFP.

I've got my scan booked for 2pm for tomorrow.

The costs at the Nuffield are very low, £88 for a scan and I think around the same or maybe less for my bloods.

The £5000 that your clinic wants is very steep to say the least!

Is there a Nuffield hospital with an ACU near you?

Thanks for your good wishes and I really hope that everything works out for you two too.

JMB x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JMB" (Jan 19th 2009, 8:04pm)

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 6:55am

Hi JMB

Thanks for the info. I am a bit worried that our clinic sort of said "don't worry about scans and bloods and things, the drugs we'll put you on will mean that everything will be ok".

I don't know of any Nuffield hospitals near here - in London everything seems to be private and really expensive!

Let me know how your scan goes.

Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 9:18am

Hi Hope,

The Nuffield is a private hospital.

It's maybe worth your while phoning round the private hospitals in London and asking them how much it would be to have your scans carried out there.

Maybe someone here might be able to help with finding a hospital in London, you could open a new thread and ask.

Good luck with everything in Alicante and let me know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

loop

Ace

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 6:16pm

hi Hope
just to let you know that like Hope i am waiting for a donor from IVI Barcelona and will be doing scans and blood tests here at a private clinic, cost is a bout £100 a scan and i need to have 2 scans and a blood test. I was with the clinic for treatment before going for egg donation so i don't know if this was helpful.
I am on my second strip of the pill as a donor was not ready at the first month, so fingers crossed i have to get in touch again in another 2 weeks now to see if they have a donor matching my characteristics. good luck with your appointment.

How is everything with you JMB - it sounds like we are going through exactly the same process with IVI. I started on the pill in December and have now started a 2nd strip as no donor ready the first month. Hopefully next month now

Loop x

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 6:24pm

Hi Loop-did they warn u that u might have to wait over 2 months for a donor? Is it ok to be on the pill for that long?Do u feel ok on it? I have only been on the pill once before and it gave me bad migraines so I came off it.I suppose 1-2 months won't do much harm. Are u on any other drugs or just the pill? Did u start it at the beginning of your period or on a certain day in your cycle?
So many questions-sorry!
Good luck with getting a donor soon and here's hoping it'll be sticky.
Hope xx

loop

Ace

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 7:12pm

Hi Hope
Yes they did say that it is usually 1-2 months wait for a donor. It does feel strange being on the pill though as this seems to defeat the object of getting pregnant, although i have to say that IVI Barcelona were brilliant and i understand the process clearer than any other fertility treatment i have been through in the UK i.e. IVF, ICSI and Clomid. The process is straight forward and i have email contact with the clinic, a named person we met when we had our consultation and she responds very quick. Much quicker than trying to get through to someone here in the UK to ask what are probably silly questions really.
I started the pill on Day one of my cycle although i think usually you have to have a sca, i didn't cos i was on Day one of my cycle when i was in Barcelona and they did a scan there and then which was good, and cos i started treatment at the next cycle they said i didn't need to have another one.
I'm on no other drugs at the moment, but when i'm on Day 18 of pill i have to contact them again and if they have a donor i will be advised about taking the nasal spray . A scan is needed at that menstrual cycle and then they will tell me when to stop the pill and start the hormone patches. Day 10 of the patches needs another scan and blood test and given them results they let you know when to return for egg transfer. They give you 36 hours notice to go, and we have to go for the day of egg retrieval as my boyfriend needs to give sperm on the day as he couldn't have any frozen. So we will spend a couple of days in spain for egg transfer 3 days later. Hope this tells you about the process a bit and i haven't gone on too much.
Loop

Reg: Dec 7th 2008

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 11:23am

scans in the UK

Hi Hope,

I had my scans done at The Birth Centre in Harley Street, to check the lining of the womb. They were very good and very reasonable. Only £70 per scan. Int he past I've paid £150-200. There's also a gynecologist there who is very helpful.

Let me know if you want their number.

Good luck for Friday!

FM

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 1:48pm

Thanks FM-that would be really helpful-£70 is a good price I think. Do they not ask why u need them or expect u to be registered there or anything? Even tho the clinic doesn't require scans I think I'll feel better if I do.
Hope x

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 1:57pm

Hi Hope,

They don't ask questions but I did tell them what it was for when I got there, and I think when I booked it I mentioned I wanted to know the womb lining for IVF treatment. Then when I got there I told the person doing the scan that I was having treatment in Spain. They have quite a few clients who have treatment in Spain so it is nothing new and they are happy to help. It was quick and easy, and convenient for me to get to. They gave me a written report to take away.

The Birth Centre,137 Harley st, tel 0207 725 0528

all the best,

FM.

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 1:58pm

oh, and I wasn't registered with them, but I had to fill out medical details.

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 2:16pm

Thanks FM-I'll give them a try next week (AF due the week after our appointment whih is good)
Hope everything goes well in Madrid this weekend-looking forward to next week's update!
Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 5:40pm

Hi Hope,

I had my scan yesterday to check the tickness of my lining and also to check for the absence of folicles, and my lining was 8mm in places, which they said is quite thick.

I'm waiting back to hear from IVI to know if it's OK for me to start on the pill, as I really don't want to have to wait another month.

I hope that you get on well with your appointment on Fri.

Let me know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 6:00pm

Just had an email from my clinic saying that I can start taking the pill today :)

I presume from that that they're not too worried about the thickness of my lining ...

They've also said that they'll now start looking for a donor for us. It's all very exciting! :party:

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 7:18pm

That's great news JMB-really excited for you! How long do they think you'll have to wait now?
Hope xx

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 7:45pm

I've to email the clinic when I take my 18th pill. They'll then let me know if they've found a donor or not. If they don't have a donor for us then I'll be on it for another month and by that time should have one.

Loop is at the same clinic as us and she's now on her second month of pills, so she shouldn't have too long to wait now.

2009 is going to be a very busy year for all of us :)

J

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 8:36pm

Let's hope so!!
Hope x

Wednesday, January 21st 2009, 9:42pm

Hi girls
Its great to hear that you are all starting to get busy with new treatments.
Will be logging on regularly to see how you are all doing!
I am waiting to hear from IVI when they want me to start on the pill- see my thread about co-ordinators!

Snoops

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 12:02pm

Hi Everyone

DH and I got back from Alicante yesterday afternoon after our appointment at UR Vistahermosa on Friday morning. We are going to go ahead with one cycle of ED and I have to start taking the pill when my AF arrives (could be as soon as tomorrow). Once I have completed 21 days of the pill and I have a bleed, I start taking progynova. The ET should take place on or after day 15 on the progynova. I have only been given 30 days worth of progynova so I figure that they must be pretty confident of finding us a donor in my cycle after next and I have roughly calculated that our ET will be between 7 March and 28 March, which is nice and soon.

The clinic is a small unit, which is part of a large hospital. Salome, who I had spoken to on the phone and who deals with all international patients, picked us up at the airport and took us to the hotel and checked us in. The clinic pays for 1 night in the hotel per visit and for transfers to and from the airport and the clinic.

On Friday morning I was very nervous - our appointment was 30 mins late but the doctor was very friendly. Salome interpreted but I speak Spanish so she (or I) was mainly interpreting for DH, who doesn't. I would hardly call the consultation thorough, but this didn't put us off. The doctor did a scan and then did a catheter test. He told me that I had fibroids (which I knew but had forgotten) and said that they could hinder the implantation as they could literally get in the way of the embryo trying to implant itself into the uterine wall. He also said that because I am overweight (BMI 32) that he would recommend that we do one cycle at a time (rather than doing the 3 cycles "deal" with 40% back if it fails). We were OK about this as we were only planning on having 1 cycle at a time anyway. No percentage success rates were mentioned (their material quotes 70%) but we reasoned that because of the fibroids and my weight that we're significantly lower than that. I have already lost 7lbs since New Year so this is going to spur me on to lose more before March!

We had not been asked to bring any test results with us whatsoever (I know other clinics ask for some/all to be completed before your first appointment). We both had bloods taken. I was told I would be screened for HIV and hepatitis and other infectious diseases and DH the same and also that they would do a full genetic screening. DH then gave his sample (this was in a loo with a TV mounted on the wall behind it - when he pressed the on button, porn started!), we paid our deposit, signed some paperwork (in English), were given a prescription and Salome drove us back to the hotel. All in all we were only in there for 1 hour 45 mins (not including the 30 minute wait at the beginning).

During the consultation with the doctor, we talked about the donor, how she would remain anonymous and how they would try to match her with our characteristics and hair/eye colour and height. I am 5' 9" and DH is 6' 2" so the doctor joked about Spanish people being smaller. Salome had told us that they have many donors (when pressed she said 100, but I'm not really sure that this was really the case - I think she was telling us what she thought we wanted to hear) from UK and Scandanavia so they should be able to find a tall one. It was all a bit bizarre really and when DH and I were out in the evening in Alicante, we kept seeing tall blond women and wondering if they were our donors! The doctor also talked about blood group matching but as we are both O+ they thought that should be easy enough to find.

We asked the doctor about scans - I know that other clinics in Spain and elsewhere require you to have scans and bloodtests at various stages but Vistahermosa don't. The doctor said if I wanted to have a scan at day 15 to put my mind at ease I could and that my lining should be at least 7.5 cm by then, but he said he'd seen my uterus today even without the progynova and it was "fine" so it would be fine. I don't know if we should be worried about this or not. I think I will go for a scan on day 15 though just to be on the safe side!

So that's that then - I have to wait for AF and then we're under starter's orders....

Happy to answer any other questions about Vistahermosa but my overall impression is that it's a good clinic, the staff are friendly and experienced, the prices are about the cheapest for Spain (they told us this is because they use the main hospital's facilities so can keep the costs down). It is small and personal but they are not as thorough as other clinics I have heard/read about when it comes to tests, etc.

Fingers crossed.....

Hope xx

Reg: Oct 20th 2005

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 8:00pm

Hi Hope!

Just wanted to say good luck with your treatment at Alicante Ur!Its a bit nerve racking having that first consultation isnt it?I was ok until I got outside Ceram,when my bottle just went!
Wont be long now,and before you know it youll be back over there!

Good luck hun,got everything crossed for you!

Me 41,dh 38.
First Ivf 2004 BFP,M/C at 9 weeks.
Second Ivf BFN.
Third Ivf no eggs fertalised.
Moved onto donor egg treatment in Spain.
Second cycle BFP!

* CLICK *
TO SUPPORT FZ!

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 9:02pm

Thanks Shelly
It can't come quickly enough!!!
Hope x

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Sunday, January 25th 2009, 9:15pm

Hi Hope,

I'm glad that everything went well at your appointment. It's all going very quickly for you. You'll be back before you know it.

I'll hear in a couple of weeks if they've got a donor for us, if not it'll be another month on the pill for me.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Monday, January 26th 2009, 7:37am

Hi JMB
Fingers crossed for you this month then-they only gave me 1 box of pills so I am presuming they hope to have a donor for me sooner rather than later-it was one of the things that was a bit vague!
Hope xx

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 9:32am

Hi Loop,

I was wondering if you had heard anything from IVI about a donor?

I've to email them on Fri to find out if they've found a donor for us. I'm hoping that they'll have a donor but as they've given us two packs of pills I've got a feeling that we may have to wait for another month.

Let me know how you get on.

Take care,

J

Personal blog
A Working Mum

Reg: May 3rd 2009

Monday, July 20th 2009, 10:03pm

hi hope

i was wondering how you got on with egg donation at vista hermosa.
i'm due to go there next month for ET and would be interested to hear more about your experience.

i didn't realise the clinic paid for one night in a hotel per trip. i thought that was only for the intiial consultation so if that is the case, it would be useful to know.

thank you
gilliweed

JMB

Ace

United Kingdom

Monday, July 20th 2009, 10:13pm

Hi Gilliweed, we were there last week for our 1st appointment and as luck would have it they have a donor for us, so no waiting, and we should be back for ET late Aug or early Sept.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.

J x

Personal blog
A Working Mum

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE