You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

compley

Megastar

• "compley" started this thread

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 6:48pm

2nd semen analysis- are results likely to vary?

Hi, I'm very new to this site, and to the subject of fertility in general! My husband had mumps orchitis when he was younger, which resulted in testicular damage. We have recently started TTC, but because of his medical histiry we wanted to get that checked out, and saw his GP. who recommended a semen analysis. We didn't really know what to expect, but the results came back last week, and they were abnormal, with a count of 6.7 million/ml, and motility suboptimal as well. We are now waiting to have a second analysis. I have started doing a bit of reading, and I gather the count is pretty low, and although tests can vary, there isn't much we can actually do to improve count. does anybody have any advice/experience on how much different results can vary?
Thanks
Laurax

<

Reg: Oct 1st 2005

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 7:18pm

Hi and welcome to the site. Results do vary but not dramatically, if he was ill when he did sample that can effect it but in general there won't be a great improvement im afraid. xx
Mum of 3 year old twins.
Had ICSI worked first time

Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get!!

Reg: Feb 21st 2006

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 7:25pm

hey tim here, welcome to the site!

I have had 4 semen analysis tests and all four have been really different. About four months agao I changed my lifestyle dramatically as things were looking pretty bleak. My third test said I had no normal form at all!! Yikes 8o

Anyway, I stopped drinking completely, stopped taking caffeine, drank bottled water only, taking zinc and selenium and generally eating plenty of veg and healthy food. Test four was a revelation - my tests showed better than normal results in all areas, a complete turnaround! This may help your partner, it's worth a try.. good luck!
Lucy
x

May 06 - 1st ICSI BFN
August 06 - 2nd ICSI BFN
March 07 - 3rd ICSI BFP!!!!!

Reg: Feb 24th 2006

Tuesday, May 2nd 2006, 12:42pm

hi laura, my DP has a count of 3 miliion per ml. with low morphology, his diagnosis is varacous veins around both testicles. he had 3 samples tested all within about 6 weeks in total. he had no change on any of them, but i do know that it takes 3 months for new sperm to be ejaculated, so bearing that in mind, there should really be alot of difference of any samples taken during that time. he was told of low sperm count at the end of january and has since then been taking wellman tablets (available in chemists, supermarkets etc) but we have no idea yet if it has made any difference to his sperm as he hasnt been tested since. they are only vitimins and minerals so by getting your DP to take them certainly wont do any harm, the main things to take for low SC is zinc and selenium i believe. good luck in TTC, it can be a long rocky road, with heartbreak thrown in for good measure. but the main advice i would say is, docs usually advise that u try for 12 months before seeking any help, well as u know there is an underlying problem there, dont leave it too long, maybe 6 months or so. if you do find u need assisted conception, the waiting for appts etc is sooo long, so the sooner the better. feel free to pm me if u want to, i know just how u may be feeling right now, ive got the t shirt to prove it :D
liz x
me 35 DP 31 MFI
1 daughter 10 with Ex husband (2 years TTC)
second time with infertility issues
we are just....waiting for Adam
first ICSI ...4 eggs collected 16/10/06
3 Fertilised...Rod,Jane and Freddie
ET 19/10/06 2 Embies on board, 1x7 cell, 1x4 cell
no snow babies
BFN 30/10/06

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE