You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ros

Megastar

• "Ros" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 11:39am

Varicocele surgery

Hello ladies,

I just wondered if any of your DH's/ DP's have had surgery for a varicocele. My DH has one and at his appointment last night the Urologist (lovely man who is also my Urologist :snigger:) said it had got alot bigger over the last few months. It can also be quite painful for my DH, so they are scanning today to see if he needs surgery. They also think that if it carries on growing it will affect his count even more over time (it is 15mil/ ml approx at the moment).

I know his health is more important but they may leave it till after our next IVF cycle as I understand that it can make men out of action for 6 weeks or so. The urologist doesn't want to operate unless he really has to as he knows about all our ttc issues.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Thank you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 11:49am

RE: Varicocele surgery

Hi Ros

I'm not able to answer your question hon but hoping other members will be able to.

Just a thought but you may want to PM Sperm Scientist or post in the LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS thread as she may be able to tell you more about how it may affect your DH's count.

Your DH could always get his sperm frozen before your next tx if he wanted the op sooner.

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Ros

Megastar

• "Ros" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 12:06pm

Thanks Duffy, I am scared that any operation around there will upset the count for some time, even if in the long term it has been done to perserve the count (and to take away the pain of course). I will put a post in the life in the lab section later on. I've been naughty and sat on FZ for a while at work today :snigger: x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Tuesday, November 18th 2008, 12:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Ros
I've been naughty and sat on FZ for a while at work today :snigger: x

Good girl clap

xx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Wednesday, November 19th 2008, 8:52pm

Hiya

My husband had this op almost 2 years ago. If memory serves me right we stopped the bedroom action for about 4 weeks after the op. Day to day action he was fine after a few days and the surgery itseklf was painless for him. I hope all goes well xxx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE