You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Polly-pcos" started this thread

Reg: Apr 13th 2006

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 10:30pm

First step to fostering

Well, after much discussion we've taken the first step and filled in the initial enquiry reply form for fostering. At the moment we're going for task centred fostering or short break fostering, 5-11 year olds. My plan is for the fostering to be my full time job, as I feel that it needs 100%, but we'll see how it goes. Fingers crossed!
m/c jan 04
m/c may 05

Diag pcos jul 05

me 31
dh 31

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 10:40pm

Hey Polly,

Well done. The world needs more people like you.

I fostered for 2 years when ds was only 15 mths old, I fostered a 12 yr old boy and it was very hard but very rewarding. It is something I would definately do again. I also did respite for a teenage girl which was also very challenging.

Quite often the children that require fostering lack some sort of social skills and can be difficult so the fact that you are wanting to do it as a full time job is a very good idea.

Im still in contact with the boy I fostered and because I was only 29 approx when I fostered the boy saw me rather as a big sister than a mother which was lovely and we are still very close.

Good luck to you, Im sure you'll be very good at it. When you go to panel which you will do several times just be yourself and honest and dont worry about a thing. They love people like you that are willing to take up a challenge.

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, November 17th 2008, 10:37pm

Hi Polly

What a fabulous decision to make , wanted to wish you all the best . Will be itnerested to see what your journey entails.

Donna, i loved reading your post, how rewarding it must beto still have that contact . I truly admire you

xx

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

• "Polly-pcos" started this thread

Reg: Apr 13th 2006

Monday, December 1st 2008, 10:39pm

Thanks for your replies ladies, I've been so busy at work. They've taken a while to get back to me and I've had to chase them up a bit. We've got our first meeting next week which I'm looking forward to. We chatted a bit on the phone, but I was a bit thrown by his first question which was why don't we want to adopt. Well, we'll see how it goes!
m/c jan 04
m/c may 05

Diag pcos jul 05

me 31
dh 31

Rufus

Star

• "Rufus" is 45 years old today

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: One son, aged 8, daughter 1

Tuesday, December 2nd 2008, 8:25pm

Sounds good Polly. Hope all goes well. Lol xx
Keep smiling :happy:

Reg: Apr 23rd 2006

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 11:36am

Hi Polly,

My husband and I have also just sent off our application for fostering.

We've been considering it for a long time, even before we married. My husbands parents have fostered for years and have just taken a new little family into their home until the end of January. We're respite carers for his parents foster children and so it's been a part of our lives for a while now.

For me ot was quite a hard decision to go full-time fostering as I feel that it has closed the doors to us having further treatment. 12 months has passed since our last cycle and I don't feel that I could gear myself up to go through that again now.

I understand that the process can be quite long, while they wait for your police checks and references to come back but there's lots to do in the meantime.

As with you, it will be a fulltime job for me and I've getting very excited about it. We've started to clear the house of our junk! :D (Which there is lots of!) and we can imagine it being full of laughs again!

Good luck Polly and keep us posted xx

Me 28 DH 32 [zx101]
1st ICSI Dec 05 8 eggs, 3 fert :BFN:
Left Tube removed June 06
2nd ICSI March 07 16 eggs, 7 fert:BFN:
3rd ICSI July 07 - 22 eggs, 5 fert :BFN:
4th ICSI Dec 07 with blasto, lovely eggs, slow development to blasto :BFN:

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Tuesday, December 16th 2008, 12:18pm

I just want to add that Social Services have a habit of taking their time with things and being very slow but always react well with a swift boot up the backside.

Make sure that you remain in control. OK, they are judging you (so-called) but at the end of the day they need you as much as you need them. Its a partnership.

Once again, Good Luck! xx

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE