You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "d.martin" started this thread

Reg: Dec 21st 2005

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 6:30pm

on the way

hello everyone,
well i had my appointment on thursday for the start of my IUI the doctor was very nice and talked through everything with me. I start going for all my blood tests on wednesday and hopefully all the results will be fine and i will be able to say i have just had my first IUI. i cant wait. :P

on a complete different note can any one tell me if they know if you are allowed speacial leave from work if your going through fertility treatment. its just that my boss is a bit funny with me when i ask for time off for appointments.
he is already sending me to the occupational health next friday over the time ive already had off work due to needing to have laser treatment for pre-cancerous cells and i also seem to take time off because i have really painful periods. im dreading going on friday. :(
so if anyone has any info that would be great.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
1st insem feb 08 :BFN:
6 x clomid

2nd donor insem may 08:BFN:
3rd donor insem June 08 :BFN:

Bagpuss

• "Bagpuss" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

Saturday, April 29th 2006, 7:22pm

Debs you could try getting signed off, some Cons will sign you off as having a gynacological procedure.

I did take my appts as holidays though as I wanted to rest up after the insem.

Good luck with you tx hun

xxx

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 10:08am

what an awful boss get your gp to sign you off sick they will understand and tell your gp what your boss is like it will help..
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

• "Tabithasecret" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, April 30th 2006, 3:52pm

Hi Denise

Hope all goes well this week and you have your first IUI. If you have any Qs about it all, just shout hun

With regards to time off for fertility tx... I don't think there is any rule for employers to allow you time off. But, you ARE allowed time off for Drs / Hospital appointments.

If your boss or the occupational health interview makes you feel unsure about taking time off etc, then as said above you should ask to be signed off. If there is any question from your Boss or interviewers about the validity of your appointments... then when you make apps ask your surgery/GP or your hospital clinic to write your app down and then you can show your boss etc proof of your app. They can't stop you from having time off for medical reasons - for whatever reason.

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 11:33am

Hi Denise

When I was having my appointments I had to take holiday for it but they knew it was for fertility treatment. But what you could do is say you have gynacological appointments or ladies problems and you should be able to get time off for this. They may want you to prove your appointment like an appointment card. So depending on what it says on the cards you get from there you may get away with that.

You dont have to tell work what your doctors appointments are for all they need to know is that its womens issues.

Good luck, talk to you soon. Give us a call or text let us know when you will get your results.

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 7:54pm

hello,
thank you all for your advice. work never ask to see my appointment cards or letters when i ask for time off they are good like that. i think im getting sent to the occupational health because we are only allowed 16 days of sick and i have had more than that. i work in a school and i always manage to get my appointments when we have just gone back after a holiday. i have another appointment next week to see a counceller for my IUI so i will need more time for that. im just going to tell the doctor all this when i go for my telling off on friday.

thanks
denise.

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
6 x clomid

Wednesday, May 3rd 2006, 7:57pm

Hi Denise

hope it goes well on Friday

it is unfair isn't it. On top of all the drugs, the waiting, the stress on us and our partners, we have to worry about who to tell at work and getting time off without any intruding questions asked.

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 8:05pm

Good luck on your treatment, Denise. I wish you every success. I know how hard it is to decide to do this alone and hope that your family and friends are all as supportive of you as mine were...
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 9:39pm

Hope it all goes well tomorrow Denise

xx

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Thursday, May 4th 2006, 9:47pm

Good luck Denise xx

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

Friday, May 5th 2006, 8:36am

Hi Sis

I am home all day, call me if you need a chat about things, if not or if you are busy and you are back to work then please text or mail us let us know how things are going....

Friday, May 5th 2006, 6:26pm

hello,
well i went for the dreaded appointment today,
well i was half an hour early and the first person i saw was this poor man on cruthces panting and sweating after being in to see the doctor
the first thing i thought of is im f****d. 8o
so i sat there for 35 minutes and got called in to see this really nice doctor.
he asked me what my problems were (i bet he was sorry!)
he said he would write in his report all about the upcoming fertility appointments and that i love my job and hopefully my boss wont mark the treatment as sick leave which would have be before the school goveners in no time.

thank you all so much, :P
panic over for now.

denisexxx

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
6 x clomid

Friday, May 5th 2006, 6:32pm

Glad that went well Denise

Did you go for bloods wednesday?

Friday, May 5th 2006, 6:38pm

hello,
yes i did go for bloods on wednesday, day 21 of my cycle, but i was looking at the calander today to try and figure out my next cycle date and realised i had counted wrong, i think i have gone for my test a day to early, ?(
do you think it matters that it was a day early?
im so stupid :rolleyes:

Denise

Me 36,PCOS,DIUI.
6 x clomid

Friday, May 5th 2006, 8:19pm

It shouldn't matter too much if it's 1 day early.

Progesterone needs to be in your system for 7-10 days to show up
so as long as you didn't ovulate a week or more later than normal, it should still give a valid result

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE