You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Ros

Megastar

• "Ros" started this thread

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Friday, October 24th 2008, 9:52pm

T-cells

Hello, I've only just started looking into Immunology as am going through my second m/c. I rembered something earlier about a blood test I had two years ago when I had some serious open surgery and the hospital had to make sure they had plenty of my blood type in. The blood test results were that I had A negative blood with T-cell antibodies. I asked what these`T cells were at the time and the nurse didn't know, she didn't think it was a problem.

Now I've found something about T-cells in Eeyore's recurrent m/c page. See below ...

''Lymphocytes, particularly B-cells (antibody producers), T-cells (helper and suppressor) and killer (NK) cells have been the focus of intense research interest to the discipline of reproductive immunology. ''

Does anyone know if this means that these T-cells could be my problem? It al looks rather scientific and complicated to me.

Thank you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Ros

Megastar

Saturday, October 25th 2008, 10:12pm

Actually, I was talking pants when I wrote the post above (told you I was remembering from two years ago :snigger:). I've just dug out the actual blood test (thank you WTW!) and it says ' A Rh D NEGATIVE Anti Lea dectected' - so does anyone know what this is? It may be nothing to do with Immunology though!

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Monday, October 27th 2008, 9:26am

Hi Ros

It sounds like you have blood type A Rhesus Negative?

This would have nothing to do with immunology but I believe depending on the babies blood type you may need a shot during or after pregnancy but I would ask your consultant about this as I can't explain it! ?(

xx
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

Blue

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Monday, October 27th 2008, 10:05am

Hi Ros,
Blondie is right, you have rhesus negative blood. (So do I, about a quarter of women do).
It means that whenever there is a chance for you and your baby's blood to mix (any bleeding during pregnancy, D&C, CVS or amnio, labour), you should receive an injection of "rhogam". This prevents you from forming antibodies that might affect future pregnancies. The risk is that you could form antibodies that cross the placenta and attack the babies blood, causing anemia in the baby.

For the anti-Lea thing, you can find out more by Goggling "Lewis blood group". This gives you better hits then googling anti-Lea, and the hits you get do describe the significance of having anti-Lea. Although most people assume you get anti-Lea from previous blood transfusions, its actually not true. You build up these antibodies through normal environmental exposure, for example, from the foods you eat.

WTW
xxx

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Ros

Megastar

Monday, October 27th 2008, 3:47pm

Thanks Blondie and WTW. I had the anti D injection after my last m/c as I am resus negative so I know about that bit.
Will look up more on the Lewis thing WTW, thank you x

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE