You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 26 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ArthursMummy" started this thread

Reg: May 12th 2008

Children: Arthur, born 30 November 2006

Friday, October 10th 2008, 7:15pm

Very poor Sperm Analysis!

Hi everyone

DH has just had his SA results back and they are worse than they were 2 years ago (when we were trying for our son)

Back then his count ranged from 13-20 mill per ml with good motility.

Now his count is only 9 mill per ml with 45% motility.

The andrologist said that with results like that ICSI is our only option, which to be frank, we won't be able to afford. We knew before we had the SA that ART is no longer an option for us due to cost, I guess we were hoping that his count would be normal and if I checked out OK it would just be a question of "keep going".

But with this news, I guess this means we will have to move on from TTC but I'm not ready to do so yet and just wonder if its worth keeping going for a while before we officially throw the towel in. DH can't accept this - he seems to think it will happen again (because we had a natural BFP with our DS) but I realistically don't know how I can cope with the pain and disappointment every month. We were told that getting a natural BFP with our son was a bit like winning the lottery. Its not something we can count on happening again.

What do you think our chances are with such poor results?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "ArthursMummy" (Oct 10th 2008, 7:17pm)

Peppa

Friday, October 10th 2008, 7:45pm

Hi Arthurs Mummy
I'm no expert and only going on my own dh's results here and the normal ranges that were given.
I would say don't give up hope. Yes the count is very low but the motility is only slightly on the low side. What you have to remember is that there are sperm and that means there is a chance :happy:

Have you been given any advice on how your dh may be able to improve his count?
You could maybe do a post sperm scientist LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Friday, October 10th 2008, 8:17pm

:hi: arthursmummy, so sorry to hear ure news.... its truly devastating when u've already had a miracle natural child only to be told sa has dropped drastically. we are the same - our eldest son is nearly 10 --- i was on the pill when we got pg with him !!!! we were told after 4 years ttc again thinking it would just happen that dh's sa was so low and poor that the odds of having another child naturally would be like gambling on the lottery. we were devastated. however we persevered and saved and had our second son on our first icsi (privately funded). he is now 4. as soon as we had our second son we tried again for another child as we always wanted a huge family and unfortunately had to go through icsi again in may this year which failed due to early ovulation. we are currently saving for further icsi in the new year.

I have to say that for us the worst day was when the gp indicated that the sa results were that bad another child would be a miracle. we felt we had already had our miracle and did not expect icsi to work. yes the money is a monstrous amount but we saved really really hard for a few years and it paid off (not that it always does i know that). we are doubly lucky and fortunate.

we also did consider egg donation for the may icsi as a way of keeping costs down, but it wasn't for us.

:goodluck: hun.... i understand what ure going through
xx
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

• "ArthursMummy" started this thread

Reg: May 12th 2008

Children: Arthur, born 30 November 2006

Friday, October 10th 2008, 8:29pm

Hi Soooz

Sadly we're low income earners without savings/credit facilites and it would take us about 5 years at least to save the £6,000 for one cycle of ICSI - and given that I'm 37 this isn't an option.

I feel angry, powerless, hurt, I guess all fairly natural feelings at this point which I will have to move through. I feel angry that money is the thing which prevents us from having another child but then I know ICSI isn't always successful so it wouldn't be a given even if we could afford it.

Egg donation isn't an option due to my age (you need to be under 35).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ArthursMummy" (Oct 10th 2008, 8:30pm)

Soooz

Star

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: 2 sons - Natural shock 99 & ICSI miracle 04

Friday, October 10th 2008, 8:41pm

there was this girl on here - jen84288 - who may want to pm. she used a very strict diet change on dh which drastically changed dh's sperm quality. she sent me through details of the diet so it may be worth pming her for this info.

oh... she is now 6 weeks plus pg !!!!

:goodluck: hun xx
:flowerbasket:

Proud mum to two sons - natural unexpected in 1999 :8o: and ICSI in 2004 : D

We must let go of the life we had planned;
to have the life waiting for us

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 26 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE