You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ssr

• "ssr" started this thread

Reg: Oct 14th 2008

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 6:16pm

Semen Analysis Test Report - Pls help

I have done my semen analysis test yesterday and following are the details.

Colour Whitish
Volume 2 ml
Sperm Count 120 million/ml

Motility

Active Linear 10
Non Linear 15
Non Progressive 20
Non Motile 55

Morphology

Normal 50
Abnormal defects 30
Mid/Tail defects 20

Others

PUS Cell 25-30 /hpf
Agglutination Absent

My questions are:

1) Active Linear count is 10. Can i also add Non Linear count under the over all motility count. If yes, then I have got 25 motility sperms. But i believe that we need 50 sperm motility to fertilise the egg.

2) Our doctor (gyneacologist) has asked me to take Semen Culture test to find out the presence of bacteria so that they can prescribe anti-biotics for the same. If it is not in scope then she told that i have to get in touch with a Urologist to find out the reason.

My question is, Is this curable by Anti-Biotics or what are the other possibilities to improve my sperm motility.

3) What is called Vericocele. Is this treatment related to Sperm Motility.

Can anyone please guide me on this.

FYI - I dont drink, smoke, pure vegeterian...

My first question is more important. pls help me.

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 9:49pm

Hi SSR,

Welcome to FZ :smile:

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

Here is our Newbies Section where you can introduce yourself
http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/board.php?boardid=60

There is an abbreviations section Abbreviations so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread ** GETTING STARTED ON FERTILITYZONE - OUR RULES** this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a male factor chatter thread MALE FACTOR CHATTER

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS where you can ask for advice.

I am sorry I dont know the answer to your question but I am sure the Sperm Scientist can help you :smile:

Last but Not least here is a link to some information on Varicocele
INFO: VARICOCELE

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

cottin

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Monday, October 20th 2008, 8:27pm

RE: Semen Analysis Test Report - Pls help

you'll good information on this link :
http://www.fertimax.net/male-fertility/s…agmentation.php

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**
pat
paula

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE