You are not logged in.

Unread posts

iui

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Stacey

• "Stacey" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2008

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 8:21pm

iui

hi every one im new on here i am 21 years old i have pcos my fiance has slightly low mobility we have been ttc for over a year i am currently on metformin 500mg i have had laposcopic and ovarian drilling and my tubes are fine but still no luck ive also been on clomid had 5 cycles of that i did ovulate because i had follicle tracking done but still a bfn i have been seeing my gyno over a year and a half and he is sending me to a fertility clinic to have iui done now but before i can have this done ive got to have blood test done first does any one know why that is? at the moment ive had a blood test for rubbella ive got to go back to have a hep b and c. does anyone know what the waiting list is for iui on the nhs if any one can please help me xx thank stacey

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 10:56am

Hi,
I'm assuming the the blood tests are the same they do for IVF. First they have to test your hormones and also they have to check if you have HIV/Epatites. They have to check that you don't have these diseases before they give you fertility tratments. it's to do with the welfare of the child.
They should have told you what the tests are for.
Good luck.

Indiechick

Superstar

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 5:35pm

Welcome to :FZ:

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit for the forum.

There is an IUI/DI section HERE so you can chat to others going through IUI.

As maria has said often the tests are for HIV, Rubella, Hep B and C and hormone profiles!

If you have any other questions feel free to join us here IUI CHITTER CHATTER!

x

3rd IUI - 08/08/08 - tested 22/08/08 BFP :D
Scan 09/09/08 - 2 [zx076] [zx076] TWINS!
2 beautiful boys born 16/04/09

esha

Star

Reg: Sep 16th 2008

Children: 2 boys and awaiting 3rd baby

Monday, October 6th 2008, 10:09am

RE: iui

:hi: Stacey and welcome to :FZ:

I am going for iui and i had to have blood tests for rubella status , fullblood count and blood group you also need to provide smear test results and at your screening appointment yu've to ahve HIV blood test as if this come back positive then you cannot be offered iui or ivf. Bu t hopefully this will not be the case . I am waiting for my results to come back.

I think they do this because just to check everything is ok with yourselves before they can offer you IUI or IVF .

:goodluck: in your ttc journey and remember we are here to help and support you and ask as many questions even though I am learning my prcess there are alot women who have gone through experience and are here to help and advise.

blowkiss
"There is NO such thing as failure, just deferred success"

My Son was born on 16/08/09 weighing at 5lbs

Baby Esha's Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "esha" (Oct 6th 2008, 10:10am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE