You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sun Flower

Superstar

• "Sun Flower" started this thread

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:18pm

Sedation for SSR

Hi
my DH has his SSR on 13th Oct, we have been told that he will have a seadtion via his hand and then a local anesthetic (not general) so he will be awake throught out the procedure...has anyone elses DH had just a sedation or is a general the norm for SSR??

thanks for any advice, just trying to reassure him and tell him all we be fine (and pain free ?()

xx

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:24pm

Hi Hun xxx

Sorry I dont know the answer x
Just wanted to say Duffy is your girl, she is the guru of ssr :yes:
blowkiss

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:26pm

Just read the rough guides to SSR and TESE PESA and I realise it says that PESA is done via local anesthetic, so feel more reassured that we have been given the right advice, not wanting to doubt the clinic but so worried about DH, wish it was me have the proceudre done instead 9I know that is not physically possible, but you know what I mean).

Any advice on how to support DH with this, dont want to fuss over him or mother him but also dont want him to think that I dont care??

xxxxx

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:29pm

Thanks Holly, we just crossed posts, I might PM Duffy...good idea

thanks sweetie, hope your all ready for tomorrow...Ive left you messages in your diary and in the male factor thread and in my diary too I think :snigger: just been thinking about you so much and getting excited for you..Im not a stalker - honest :snigger:

xxx

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:38pm

:snigger: Aww thanks I like being stalked with Love ! :P x

Yep I think Duffy is best as she has been though this so wil have the best advice from an experienced point of you and is always so lovely and helpfull x

Havent been through this as you know but can only imgaine that just being there will be a huge support for him, sometimes I think the men shut down around all things sperm realted , this kinda makes it hard to know what to do , esspecally if they wont tell you what they need/ want how they feel so its hard to know what to do, all I do know is , you can only do your best and that you are doing with bells on top xxx

Sorry I am a bit rubbish today have the attention span of a tadpole! :snigger: x

I think one of things thats important is to reassure them that you love them that they are still man and no matter what the outcome you will still stand by them, love them xxx

Not long Now hun :smile: xxx
Thank you for all your support Sunflower xxxx

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE