You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 45 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mr C

• "Mr C" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:09pm

Hello....

Just been for our first "referral" to Oxford Fertility Clinic @ the John Radcliffe in Oxford.

My head is still spinning... all I can think about is the £5000 quoted for ICSi(?) :bawl:

Basically, my wife seems fine but I have a very low sperm count. 2-3million rather than 20+ apparently.

Not sure what happens next....
I gave blood for blood tests and chromosone tests?

I guess I'm not alone here, but it sure feels lonely.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:14pm

Welcome to :FZ: Mr C

I'm glad you've found us. :smile: I'm not sure whats next either but I'm sure more people will be along soon that can help you.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is an IVF/ICS section HERE so you can chat to other going through IVF/ICSI.

There is a male factor section HERE there is loads of information here, plus there are others there that know what you're going through.

There is a male factor chatter thread HERE.

There is a thread, Life in the lab – for all your sperm questions HERE where you can ask for advice.

There is a getting started on fertilityzone thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a how to search section HERE so you can get the maximum benefit for the forum.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey, I hope you get your BFP soon!!

blowkiss

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:26pm

Hi Mr C and welcome to our home! Polly has given you some great information to get started with...don't be afraid to jump in and chat to us once you've had a good look around.

We don't have many male members but I have changed your account so that you can see the 'men only' section of the forum where I am sure you will find some really useful information. Even though we don't have many male members, don't be put off from posting on the main forum as the 'male factor' ladies will be of great support and give you a huge amount of adive

If I can help with anything, just shout
x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: 1 son conceived naturally(no idea how) 1 m/c april 6th 2010:(

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:32pm

hi and welcome to :FZ: just thought i would pop along and say hi. just to echo what eeyore said please dont be afraid to talk to any of us, we are all in the same boat on the rocky road of trying to conceive.
i wish you both lots of luck :xxx3:
:jilly:
ttc since july 2007.
5 x clomid no ov :(
april 08 to march 09 3stone 4lb lost
1 m/c april 2010 :(
our ttx journey has ended

Reg: Aug 29th 2008

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:33pm

RE: Hello....

Hi Mr C.

Just wanted to say you are not on your own - we found out my husband had low SC in August, under 20 mill. He was very upset about it and I had thought that the problem was from my side, so we both found it quite a shock.

What I have learned from the experience is - don't blame yourself - a couple is a unit and fertility is not about one person or the other, it is about the couple together and how you surmount any issues together. Secondly, don't close off from your wife - try to talk to her about it if you can; we have found that we both feel a bit down about it sometimes but it helps to talk to each other.

We also find that we both get a bit down at different times, and that we are able to support each other that way. If anything this has made us stronger as a couple. We haven't told our families yet because we want to find out exactly what our options are but we are both close to our parents and have decided we will try to tell them because this is not something anyone should feel ashamed of.

In terms of next steps, I am not an expert - our consultant suggested DH went on Chlomid (they never gave him a blood test, this was just based on the SA).

We were concerned about this so DH referred himself to a urologist who gave him an examination and blood test - we don't have the results back yet. He is having an ultrasound in October. In the meantime he has cut out caffeine and alcohol from his diet, started exercising more and bought the Fertility Plus tablets for men in case this helps at all - I also think they are giving him something positive to focus on.

We, like you, have been recommended ICSI but this is how it happened -they called my husband with the results saying 'you have a low sperm count so you'll have to have ICSI' - that was in August and we haven't seen the consultant again yet - talk about friendly communications. At that point we didn't even know what ICSI was so had to look it up on the internet which is how we found this site - I don't know what we'd have done without it.

Anyway hope this helps, I just wanted you to know you are not alone, although it might feel a bit lonely at times. Btw it is great to hear your wife's tests came back fine, that is some really positive news for you both.

I am sure you will find FZ helps you like it has helped us - there is a special section on male factor which we found very useful.

Bye for now, Little Miss

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 45 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE