You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Westsider3" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little girls!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:13am

AF has arrived again

Well I knew I was being too hopeful. I was due yesterday and by last night there was the tell tale signs that my af was on its way. I was so excited this month as I knew I had follicles that could produce eggs for me and we were very thorough with our baby dancing! I felt for sure that this was our month. I feel so very down today.

I spent most of last night scoffing anything I could get my hands on and it has a knock-on effect of feeling so guilty at myself too. I have to loose weight but it is virtually impossible. I am going to see the Dr on Thurs to see if she can do any more to help me. It's such a vicious circle. The last time I spoke to the Dr she was quite unkind and blunt so I hope she is better on Thurs.

I am still waiting for the results of my day 21 bloods too, they were taken last Monday. I also got a letter from my consultant last week giving me information from my first scan and suggesting I moved on to 100mg of clomid. By the time I had received the letter I had already moved onto the 100mg and had had my scan for the second month and my day 21 bloods done. It's just unbelievale that it could take so long for any correspondence to get to you. I sometimes feel that I am just a number to them and they have no idea of how important this is to me. I want to scream at the unfairness of it all. Plus everyone I know seems to be pregnant or have someone who is. Life sucks!!

Sorry - hormonal rant over!

x L x

[zx160]I love my gorgeous girlies!
They are my whole world![zx160]

compley

Megastar

Reg: Apr 30th 2006

Children: DS and DD

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 12:09pm

RE: AF has arrived again

Sorry af has arrived, it's the final kick in the teeth, isn't it? Because no matter how sure we are that she is on her way, we always cling onto a bit of hope until it actually arrives, and when it does, it's a long way to fall.

You have a good vent on here, we're here to listen, and as well as ttc being hard going, af arriving can make everything feel quite raw.

It must be frustrating if it is taking so long for everything to reach you, as it's not very helpful for you.

Big :hugs:, and hope your GP is better on Thursday.

xxx

<

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 3:48pm

Hello lovely. So sorry AF arrived - its never easy is it. Disappointment and frustration combined with lots of hormones is difficult to deal with.

I truly understand the need to scream - so do lots of other ladies here so come and use us as a place to scream, shout, cry - whatever you need to do.

It seems that 100 mg is the right dose for you as 2 follies this month was great, so I really hope that next month is your month.

Good luck for Thursday - let us know how you get on.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 3:53pm

So sorry to hear that this isnt your month Westside3.

Im wishing you all the best for the future x

34 DH 31
TTC 5yrs
1 x IVF BFN
1 x FET BFN
3 x Clomid BFN
2 x I.U.I BFN

• "Westsider3" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little girls!

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 9:10pm

Thanks guys! It helps to know you can come on here and read about lots of things and share feelings. It's been a difficult day. A close colleague is 6 months pregnant and although she is totally aware of what I am going through she is really excited about her own baby. I am really delighted for her and I know she is so excited that she can't help herself but it is hard especially when she rubs her bump. she's a really nice lass and I know she would be really upset if she knew how much it gives me pangs of longing when I see her rubbing her bump.

Thanks for the encouragement too, Jodie. I wasn't sure if 2 follies was good enough. They were 14 and 15mm on day 12 and the scanning lady thought I'd ovulate 4-6 days later. I also got my blood results to day and they suggest that i have not ovulated. How is this? Or what causes you not to ovulate? Could I get a trigger injection to make me ovulate or what do you think I should do? Will I be likely to have a better reaction to the clomid this month too?

I just can't wait any longer, everything seems to take so long. i just feel like it could be another 3-6 months before I see a consultant again and in the meantime the months are ticking away.

Any suggestions on what I could ask the doctor about doing next?

Thanks again guys, it means a lot to me to know there is support on here. Good Luck to you all.

x L x

p.s. Sorry for the rant and the hundreds of questions!

[zx160]I love my gorgeous girlies!
They are my whole world![zx160]

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Westsider3" (Sep 30th 2008, 9:13pm)

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 2:29pm

Its so hard to watch other people isn't it, no matter how pleased you are for them. I had a friend who gave birth to a little girl just as we realised we needed to move onto IVF - it was not an easy time!

Yes, 2 follies is definitely good for clomid - I never had more than 1. And you don't really want more than 2 - imagine if you had 4 follies, all produced eggs, all fertilised and implanted?!?!?!

Did you ask what your levels were when you got your blood results? I think anything over 25/30 shows you ovulated. I think, and don't quote me on it, but if your progesterone levels are too low you don't ovulate but you'd be better asking on the clomid section.

As for injections - yes, I think some ladies have had trigger injections - I think Bubble might have done - I'll ask her to get back to you!

And never apologise for the number of questions - I reckon I asked more than anyone else within about the first 2 weeks of being on FZ!!!

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 4:28pm

Hello!

Ok, 2 follicles is great, you really don't want any more than that. If you have too many lead follicles then you can be asked to abstain from sex that cycle because the risk of multiple pregnancies is too high.

Your follicles are generally considered to be mature (and therefore likely to contain an egg) when they are 18mm+. They normally grow about 2mm a day and generally need to be over 20mm to 'pop' ie release the egg.

It is possible that your follicles are not maturing sufficiently and therefore you're not ovulating, despite seeing lead follicles at your scan. A blood test will confirm whether you've ovulated. It's generally agreed that a result of 30+ confirms ovulation. If you've not ovulated it may mean that your dose of clomid is still too low and this would be worth discussing with your doctor/consultant.

You can have HcG trigger shots which 'force' ovulation about 24-36 hours later. I had these most cycles on clomid. However your follicles need to be about 18mm to have these, so if you are going to ask about them it may be that you need to be scanned slightly later in your cycle if your results from this one are typical of your follicle sizes on day 12.

Hope that helps.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Apr 18th 2008

Children: one 5yr old boy

Wednesday, October 1st 2008, 5:43pm

sorry love. only just read this. it WILL happen for you xxxx
Carly xx

TTC...3.5yrs
10/04/06 BFP
26/06/06 M/C
22/02/08 DH 1st SA (room for improvenment)
13/03/08 Progesterone bloods done (fine)
24/06/08 Hycosy (all ok)
24/06/08 DH 2nd SA (room for improvement)

Flossy.

Superstar

Reg: Jan 2nd 2007

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 5:18pm

RE: AF has arrived again

So sorry :sniff: hun,
Here's sending you a BIG HUG :hugs: to let you know i am thinking of you and we are all here for you too,
Take care and of each other nicky

:rose: Me 34 DH 30 :rose:
6 IUI'S :BFN: :sniff:
Hoping for a baby 2009:pray:
Was classed as "Unexplained Infertility"
On 9th Jan 2 Fibroids.
Having a break for a while

babydust babydust

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE