You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: 8 year DD conceilved naturally & 1 DS thru IVF

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 12:36pm

Angel - sorry to hear that your result for AMH wasn't great hun But like you said, Dr G must know what he is talking about and there are ways to get around this. Hope your consent app went ok today hun. Thinking of you!!
Ladybug - yayyyy you are officially PUPO! Really hope you get the best early x'mas present ever. xfingers OMG 21st is only 6 days away hun. Symptom spotting in full swing by any chance??

DH went away to Africa for 4 weeks last Sun. Missing him already :bawl: We told each other we won't bother with presetns this year but he gave me a nintendo DS as a surprise Xmas present on Sat. So chuffed! Been hooked on Brain Trainning ever since. Great to have something to take my mind off. Got another present delivered to my door yesterday too. It was....wait for this..... a sexy underwear!!! :O I was like WOW IT FITS AND ITS TASTEFUL!!! How on earth did he manage that?! :snigger: It's black with some red embroidery and ribbons. So sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Saying that it's pretty ironic that now we are starting IVF we don't have to babydance as such! Ok, ok, it could be just for fun. Honestly when was the last time we purely did it for fun tho eh?! ?(

I am off work today so off to tesco in a mo. I don't know if i can resist all the fine food out there. Love all the party food. I am trying so hard to eat healthy but it's not always easy! Ended up buying a portion of chips to go with mince on the way home last night too. Oops :yumyum:

Are you all set for Xmas? Who is cooking like Nigella this year?

SaffyX
After pretty rocky ttc & pregnancy history, blessed with two lovely children. Don't stop believing....

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:47am

Appointment went well they dont seem phased by my amh due to my age, they have had lots of pregnancies with someone of my amh so we are giving it a go! She also discussion single or double embryo transfer she told me that they have a high twin rate for my age group eeeekkkk… So that’s something that we have to think about, I might only get one egg and not have the chance to have 2 put back but its still something that we have to think about. And then she dropped the bomb shell and asked me what day I was in my cycle I told her day 17 and she said oh well we can start your medication on Saturday then… WTF I was looking at January time, she could see I was shocked but we talked about it last night and decided that we will just keep to January, I wouldn’t be giving myself the best chance if we started this month due to too much rich foods and too much alcohol for both of us! So we came to the conclusion what is another month in the greater scheme of things?? So I’m going to call the nurse today and tell her that we will just start in January. I would be mad if it didn’t work and we had wasted the whole of our Christmas injecting and not drinking and watching what I was eating etc and also not being able to wear perfume etc.
x
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

ang2999

Reg: Jun 17th 2009

Children: 10 year old son

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 11:32am

hi angel-mouse just wanted to wish you good luck with everything......i have just started attending gcrm after my and dh and i were told by monklands that our only hope of conceiving was icsi due to his semen results even though we already have a beautiful 10 year old son.....any way we got out tests done at gcrm last thursday and hubbies results were here on monday couldnt believe how quick......and guess what?????..........they are absolutely fine.........i am in complete shock and cant wait for our consultation on monday now......my scan showed 14 follicles 8 on left and 6 on the right and no signs of fibroids or cysts so i just have to wait for my amh results now (please god let them be ok).......no idea what treatment will be recommended to us now because of the dramatic change in sa results but i think i would still like to try icsi and egg sharing as i would love to help someone else.......you said you were going to phone gcrm today.....i have been trying to call them all morning and just getting an answering machine not sure what is going on........good luck to you and may all your dreams come true......angela xxx
angela :happy: :happy: :happy:

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:03pm

Hi Ang, thanks for that. It will be intresting to see why they think you arent getting preggers even though your DH's results has improve so significantly, have you got any female issues?

GCRM is closed all day today for training the nurse told me yesterday.
TTC since Dec 2006

ang2999

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 12:26pm

hi again angel that would explain the answering machine lol i'll try again tomorrow.......no female issues that we know of all the results came back fine at monklands but it was my fsh they checked whereas gcrm are checking my amh so i'll have to wait and see.......we started trying for another baby just before our little boy turned 2 so its now been 8 and a half years......i wish we had started looking into it sooner but we just thought because we didnt have any problems the first time that it would happen eventually.....how wrong were we......the nurse that did my ovarian scan said everything looked good like i said before she could see 14 follicles......im not sure how many your meant to have but she seemed happy enough i was also due af that day so i may have had 15 as one might already have been released.......im just so desperate to see the consultant now and find out where we go from here......i hope you have a fantastic xmas and plenty of relaxing before you start your journey........heaps and heaps of babydust........angela xxx

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 1:50pm

Wow thats a long time to be trying :8o: !! I hope you dont get labled as 'unexplained infertility' i have heard thats a bit of a nightmare and not easy to treat! But fingers crossed for you that everything is okay and you just need a wee helping hand xfingers
TTC since Dec 2006

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 2:27pm

Good Luck today Angel-mousse ... Dr Gaudoin is fab at his job and if he isn't concerned luvy then you shouldnt be. As you have low AMH what he will prob do is give you a higher dose of menopur or whatever meds he uses which will increase FSH making you produce more follicles . I had an AMH of around 18 and i started off on a low dose of menopur but not much happened with this so he then gradually increased it. It's all a waiting and scanning game to see how your body responds to the drugs. I had pretty much perfect AMH (they told me) but still needed a higher dose of menopur eventually, to produce/increase follicles. You may start on a high dose and react perfectly to it or you may over stimulate which all will be closely mointored throughout your journey. So no panicking. You will be fabby huni.

Hey Ang...Just wanted to let you know huni that i too will have been trying now for almost 9yrs in total. I have been labelled with "unexplained infertility" too, but i dn't have any kids and have never had a sniff of a BFP. It's not all bad, as whatever they label you as having it's only a label right? :yes: with the drugs they have nowadays and the medical intervention behind it we will get there in the end luvy. I'm sure that if you have produced one that you will get an answer to getting the second one moving :yes: Good luck huni xx :thumbsup2:

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 2:42pm

xmas30 Hey Saffy, Sorry missed your comment huni..

Oh no...you must be missing him already.. What a little sweetie though with your xmas presents...

:yes: I am sort of enjoying being PUPO. Well i was up until i (early) tested yesterday and got a BFN .. i know it was way too early but it was there and i was like erm...i just have to :yes: bad i know.

I will stick to testing again on the 21st. I haven't had any symptoms Saffy? Got tender (.)(.) and been crabbit so thinking it's more getting ready for AF but apart from this i have been relaxing and njoying xmas shopping :thumbsup: What will be will be huh.
Cooking like Nigella? Erm not this year...Will leave that to my mum lol... I bring the pot of home soup, that's my input ever year lol xmas34

Keep us posted on how you are luvy :hugs:

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 3:19pm

Ladybug stop testing :cross: there isnt any point at this stage its too early although im sure i would be doing the same thing if i was you!! :cuddle I have everything crossed for you xfingers

I think the nurse said that I would be on the highest dosage of gonal-f so lets hope thats enough to kick start something!
TTC since Dec 2006

ang2999

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 7:28pm

hi ladybug its lovely to talk to someone who is going through the same thing.......i have everything crossed for you and i will pray every night that you get a BFP......i totally understand you testing early the anticipation must be killing you but i guess you really should wait the extra few days......i'll keep checking on here to see how everything goes for you......the very best of luck and take care........angela xxx

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 8:43pm

G'evening ladies,
Angel_mouse - good to hear your app went well. You are right, another month is not going to make that much difference and at least you can relax and enjoy the festive period without worrying about the side effects of drugs etc. Hope you have a nice relaxing X'mas with your family this year cos next year could be a mad one with a wee baby! xmas45
Ladybug - Ohhhhhhh, 2ww is sooooooooo hard, isn't it? I don't know if I can resist testing early when it's my turn either. Glad to hear X'mas shopping is taking your mind off a bit tho. Keep shopping but don't tell your DH sshh It's good that your ma's doing all the Xmas cooking. You already have a lot on at the mo so it'll be nice have someone to take care of other things. How's your DH coping? We often forget about OH but they must be under a lot of stress too eh? Not too long till OTD so keep up the PMA hun xfingers xfingers xfingers
Angela - We had a similar experience with DH's SA! My DH's SA done by NHS had 99% (yes you read it right... ) abnormal sperms 18 months ago but the most recent result with GCRM was well within the normal range. How strange! We have been trying for 3 years and had one early miscarriage during that time. I have a 7 year old daughter from a previous marriage. (I also gave birth to a baby girl before her but she was stilborn due to pre-eclampsia.) I hate it when people say,' oh it will happen if you relax.' becasue pregnacy and birth have never been an easy issue for me and I am not sure how to relax anyway! I know I should be grateful for just having my DD but it doesn't make me want another baby less and I am sure you feel the same way. :-( BTW, great result with your ovarian scan!! 14 eggies!!! yay! Hope your app with the con comes around quickly. Do you have the date for it yet? Keep us posted on how you are.
:dust:to you all X
After pretty rocky ttc & pregnancy history, blessed with two lovely children. Don't stop believing....

ang2999

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 8:51pm

hi saffron.......we have our cons appt this monday.......cant wait........i know what you mean about already having a child i love my little boy more than anything in the world and am very very grateful for him but at the end of the day we are only human and the need for a baby can be very powerful......it also doesnt help when my little boy has said for the last 4 years all i want for christmas is a little brother or sister......i feel like someone has punched me in the guts......i feel hes too young to try and explain it to him but i hate that maybe he thinks that we are depriving him.......we havent told him where we go when we go to our appts as i am afraid that he will get his little hopes up.......its amazing how results can change so dramatically isnt it.....keep me updated with how everything is going for you and lots and lots of babydust.....angela xxx

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 11:16pm

I hear you Angel-mousse....I'm not testing no more until i'm due to :innocent: lol how are you sweetie?

Saffy,and Ange thanks for the wee messages... I appreciate your crossed fingers and prayers. Please let this be my turn xfingers I sarted off being very positive and i am mostly a very positive person but this is killing me lol :scream:

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 11:24pm

oops sent that too quick... Just back from ice skating xmas47 in George Square with DP and my two niece's and nephews..sheeesh i'm frozen to the bone and worn out...going to snuggle into DP in bed with a cuppa for a heat :winter: ...it has got to snow soon :coffee:

nyt nyt girlies...keep us posted on your news..or just entertain me... :laugh:

xxx

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:44pm

Ladybug - Oh xmas47 sounds so much fun. It's been ages since we went skatin! Good to hear you are keeping active hun. It's defo the key to pass the time quicker. Are you working in 2ww too???? BTW It's 4dpo for me today so I am now keeping my legs crossed for you as well as my fingers :2ww sorry couldn't find the smilie with crossed leggs, maybe I should ask the FZ admin for that! :snigger:
Angela - I can really relate to what you are saying. My DD used to ask for a wee sister but since I had m/c last year she just stopped. She doen't know that we lost a baby but she is so in tune with my feelings so maybe she is sensing that she shouldn't mention a baby to me. Wow your app is so soon. Ohhhhhh. I am really pleased for you :happy: You must be so eager to get treatment started soon after 8 1/2yrs of ttc. Hope they can get things going soon. When I had our initial consulation in Oct, GCRM said there was a bit of waiting time to arr a consent app then, but it was only about 3 weeks, which I thought was not bad. So you could be starting as early as January depending on where you are in your cycle perhaps??? xfingers
Wondering if the snow gets worse tomorrow. It would be so nice to have a day off work. I can put my wood burning stove on and have a cuppie :coffee: all day long. Bliss.

SaffyXXX

ang2999

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 11:00pm

hey saffy..........is the snow bad in in aberdeen......im in lanarkshire and we had it pretty bad today, s'posed to get the same tomorrow and the big one on saturday.....i love snow lol.......thanks for all your well wishes im feeling a little deflated today as the copies of our results arrived from monklands after i phoned and requested them earlier in the week.....anyway like i mentioned previously they told me all my tests were fine and the problem was with DH and while his sa results were certainly nothing like the ones we have just received i am a little worried about my results.......they werent done on day 21 of my cycle they were done on day 8 because thats where i was in my cycle at our appt not sure if that makes a difference.....im not really sure what my levels should be but i dont like the look of my progesterone.......my results were progesterone 3.1, prolactin 177, oestradiol 448, luteinising hormone 7.8 and fsh 5.7......if any of you wonderful ladies could enlighten me i would really appreciate it.......really scared to get my results back for my amh at gcrm now as i thought i had nothing to worry about but now im not so sure.

saffy your daughter sounds like a little angel its amazing what they pick up on isnt it.......i hope you get your snow day tomorrow and have a lovely lazy day lol

take care for now

angela xxx

Friday, December 18th 2009, 10:46am

Hi Ang sorry i dont know about those levels but have you tried calling the gcrm for your amh results? I called on the 6th day (i think) and the nurse called me back and told me the results and explained what it all meant to me on the phone, hopefully you will be fine :smile:

Ladybug - how are you? Any signs of anything down there?

Im still treading time until next month, I have to call the nurse back on 1st day of af which should be boxing day and they will be closed so i have to leave a message on the answerphone and she will call me back and then i have to go in and learn all the injecting bit :bawl:

What time did you ladies inject at and did you do it to yourself or get someone else to do it?
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, December 18th 2009, 1:24pm

Hey Angel-mouse
No signs of anything yet although last night i had the covers off then on then off.. Usually what happens before AF but i'm not looking into all these signs too much... I either am or i'm not on Monday at the clinic ..That's the way i'm looking at it now..so fed up.

I injected at 8am and 8pm for the first 2 days then injected only at 8pm every other night. It will depend on what drugs they are giving you hun. I was on Menopur and god i cant remember the name of the other one.. :teehee:

It really isn't too bad tbh hun... A little daunting at first but you get used to it. I'm in my fourth year of nursing so i was used to injecting people, but when it comes to yourself it's a totally different matter lol I was a wousse and got DP to do it...He makes for a better Nurse than me! [zx005] and he was soo proud an all bless him..

Hey Saffy...Yeah it defo is the key to passing time... and keeping active is good for the PMA too although i think this cold weather has frozen my positivity at the mo.. Glad to hear you have your legs and fingers crossed for me lmao... I'll do the same for you luv :yes: Im not working on the 2ww no.. I'm in my last year at Uni studying nursing so i have all my exam prep to do just now... No stress eh! Had an exam project to hand in day after ET i was stressed to the max trying to get it all put together...But apart from this pretty much relaxed and shopped most of the 2ww...Are you at work or do you have the luxury of working from home?

Have a good day ladies..Love to you all and hoping those going for EC and ET are all doing fabby xx

Friday, December 18th 2009, 8:18pm

Angela - thanks for your lovely reply! Re your blood test results. Well, I am not an expert but your progesterone level sounds fine for it being done on day8 and your FSH sounds great so I feel pretty confident that your AMH will be back at a high level because my FSH was similar at 4.5 and AMH was high. Awwwww all sound positive to me!! Not too sure about other hormones but found this online; http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html
This might enlighten you. I agree with angel_mouse, call GCRM to see if they have the result ready. I was told it would take about a week but it might be ready quicker. They are ever so helpful.
Ladybug - My big sister is a nurse too and she loves her job. I also worked for NHS for a few years carrying out developmental assessment for children with special needs and always admired nurses' work. Eeeeek exam project to submit the day before ET - that sounds like something from a horror movie to me!!! lol I used to be guilty of this but it's so easy to keep everything on hold when going thru tx. I think it's great that you are not compromising on your other dreams. Good for you!! You should be really proud of yourself hun:smile:
I currently work 3 full days a week, which is great. So far work has been an excape from all the fertility related stuff. My employer has given me time off for Jan for tx too. (Great working for local gov!) They can only give me special leave for one cycle though so really really hope it works this time xfingers
angel_mouse - Lesley the nurse I saw 2 weeks ago said most people do 8am & 8pm cos it's easy to remember and fits around work/meals etc. I am a tad worried about injections myself. I start on stimm on 6th Jan but DH said too scared to help me out. Ha! As if we have the option?!! Trying not to think about it too much... I guess the key may be to take each step as it comes. You will be just fine :smile:
Snow not too bad here today so had to go to work... didn't get much done though. Someone was leaving and there were lots of fine festive treats in the staff room so we kept having extended breaks! sshh
Have a fab weekend everyone :hugs: :xmastree:

ang2999

Saturday, December 19th 2009, 12:12am

hi angel-mouse........thanks for your advice about phoning for my results......and saffy thanks for all your input also.......i phoned the clinic and whilst it wasnt bad news i dont think it was good either......my amh is only 7 and when i asked the nurse if this was low she said it was fine as long as it was above 5 but after having a look on the net it definitely seems to be in the low range to me and also cancels out my hope of egg sharing.......i soooooooo wanted to be able to help someone else.......anyway roll on monday till we see the consultant and make sense of how everything has changed in 6 months.......im not sure if my ovarian scan makes a difference to anything the fact that i had 14 follicles naturally......its all just a guessing game for now lol......i feel like a child waiting for xmas morning im getting so impatient.

angel-mouse......good luck with everything next week and im sure you will find the injections become second nature in no time at all.......my little niece is diabetic and whenever i need to get an injection i just think of her.

saffron.....so sorry you didnt get your snow day but looking at the weather forecast you may still get it yet lol.

ladybug............i have evrything crossed for you.

angela xxx

jessta

Reg: Dec 6th 2009

Children: none

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 1:22pm

GCRM

Hi there,

We just had our first visit to the GCRM and I can't fault them. They are all so friendly with so much time for questions. They also have one of the highest rates of pregnancy in the country. I think they are third.

I start being down regulated for 2 months at the end of Jan after having a cyst aspirated (I have endometriosis). Thereafter we start the ICSI treatment. DH has etremely low sperm count, motility and morphology. Dr G did say that we had excellent chances given my age 30 (AMH - 14) and the fact that DH does have live sperm (about 1000 viable). I still can't get excited about this though... as I just feel that a baby is so unobtainable. Does anyone else feel this way?

23 days to go til my laparoscopy

Jess

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 5:30pm

Hello everyone. Not been around for a while, but just trying to catchup on everyones news.

Quick post, purely to say Good Luck for tomorrow LadyBug, I will be watching for you post...........

Hello to everyone else.

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:40pm

xmas34 Thank you all girlies...I am sooo nervous about tomorrow...tried phoning gcrm yesterday am but they never answered? Have my blood test tomorrow...arghhhh :headache:

Hope you are all getting nice and organised for xmas ? :xmas7:

Hi Jess....welcome aboard my luvi... your story sounds very very very similiar to mine love :yes: Ive had 3 Laparoscopy's (Dr Gaudoin has done 2 of them) have endo too...AMH is similiar and DP's SA is also similiar :yes: Keep thinking positive thoughts....you will get there in the end xfingers

How are you Janniewall?

Saffy you will be loving all of this snow luvi? lmao hope that's a day off for you tomorrow :thumbsup:

And- Good luck tomorrow hun. Will be thinking of you.. I'm in tomorrow too. Let us know how you get on love xx xfingers

I am so full of :coffee: need to go peeeeeee .... i'm sure it's nerves! ohthedrama

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:42pm

doh! the good luck message is for you tomorrow ang! and good luck to everybody sitting witing out the awful 2ww... mwah bug hugs to you all :hugs:

ang2999

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 8:51pm

hi ladybug.....i will say extra prayers for you tonight and i really wish you the best of luck for tomorrow........im sitting here in tears as due to the snow it is unlikely we will make our appt in the morning it has been blowing a blizzard for hours and also forecast to continue throughout the night, plus our little boy was meant to stay with my mum tonight as we would have to set off early doors due to the morning traffic but because of the weather i havent been able to take him to my mums.........i feel like everything is against me as i have been counting the days and god knows when we will get another appt......i lost my dad in march so i have been praying to him for the temperature to rise and lots of rain lol but i doubt very much that will happen......once again i really hope you get good news, i mean it from the bottom of my heart.......millions and millions of baby dust........angela xxx

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 9:06pm

Aww Angela. Please don't stress about that huni! :no: They are very good at GCRM and i'm sure if you were to explain this to them in the morning on the phone that they would manage to re-schedule another appointment for you later in the day :yes: You never know th weather just might change tonight ...keep thinking positive thoughts huni. The weather isn't too bad in and around Glasgow at the mo....Where are you coming from? Another option may be to book into a bnb or cheap hotel tonight hun? That way you can take it easy driving here and won't be rushed in the morning?

P.s can you not take the little fella with you?

I have my fingers crossed that you get there and that you get there safely huni xfingers

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 9:08pm

p.s thank you for the prayers and the well wishes... I'll pray too that you get there tomorrow and safely :pray:

Sunday, December 20th 2009, 9:36pm

hi Jess welcome onboard hun Good to hear you had a good app with GCRM. Are you going to be on long protocol too? You sound sooo excited! Roll on 2010!
Hey Jannie we missed you. How have you been? Angela - ohhh hun I am keeping fingers crossed for a better weather tomorrow for you. It must need a lot of organisation trying to juggle looking after your son and going through tx. I understand it because I am having to use childminder in the morning when I have my app in Glasgow etc. Also we nearly missed our intial app becasue DD had a high fever on the day. It's not easy. Big big hugs to you [zx127] Snow seemes to have calmed down now so hopefully it will be ok. Worst comes to worst perhaps the clinic may be able to see you a bit later on the day and you can take DS with you? I am sure GCRM will be very accommodating. They know how important this app is for you.
Ladybuggggggggggggggggggggggg - OMG!! Test day tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwww I am so nervous and excited for you. Please bring back the first of many BFPs! I must say peeing has been exceptionally difficult for me this week with crossed leggs :O so your BFP tomorrow would be very welcome! :pray: Try to get some sleep if you can. we'll be all praying for you hun.
(((((Hugs))))) to you all
SaffyXXX

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SaffronXXX" (Dec 20th 2009, 9:36pm)

Monday, December 21st 2009, 9:49am

lmao at your peeing with crossed legs Saffy! You sure know how to paint a picture! lmao

Well had blood taken this am. Just got to wait a little while longer for the phone call that says yaay or naay.. got some shopping left to do so think i'll get on it early doors :yes: or i should study? erm i think we all know that aint gonna happen today either way! :loony:

ang...how did you go huni? did you manage to get to your appointment?

How you getting on angel mousse?
to all of you fab ladies...Good luck and lots of well wishes xx grouphug

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:03am

Ladybug I have everything crossed for you (infact im walking funny cos of it :snigger: ) what are they like at the GCRM when you go for the blood test are they really nice and caring about it? So what time can you expect the phone call? Woo its so exciting! xfingers

Im fine just plodding along until 1sat day of af, that should be around boxing day then I start on day 21 with the nothisterone tabs, im just going to enjoy my xmas and then have 3 weeks t-total and a bit of a detox. Im actually very nervous about it as i know there is a chance with my amh that they cycle could be cancelled but Dr Marco never seemed to think that this would be the case, and although he cant see into the future he will have seen every scenario there is!
TTC since Dec 2006

Monday, December 21st 2009, 11:59am

Hey Ladybug! Just popping into check how things are going with you this morning. Oh the wait must be killing you.... Hopefully a bit of retail therapy will help passs the time!
Off to get Prostap injection done this afternoon and start on metformin tablet tonight also. I ov early this month so AF should be due just after Xmas so I am kinda considering HPT on Xmas Eve (12dpo). My boobs sore and my temp looking good which got me thinkthink a bit... I know it's highly unlikely that I am lucky the month before tx (especailly after 3 yrs of ttc and 14 cycles of disappointment after m/c!) but strangest things have happend to people beofre! Plus Pat from the clinic said Prostap should not interfere with pg so I guess either way I will be excitedhappydance
Look forward to hearing from Ladybug later on the day xfingers
SXXX

Monday, December 21st 2009, 12:21pm

LadyBug, just sitting here waiting to see your result. I too have everything crossed for you.

Angel-Mouse, do not worry about your AMH, I have a really low AMH too but they got 8 eggs on my short-protocol tx, when I had expected 1 or 2. These guys know what they are doing and know how to kid your body into doing things it does not do natuarlly! I am on the norithisterone at the moment - feels really odd taking the pill when I am trying to have a baby!

Angela, do not worry about appointments. They are so helpful at GCRM that I am sure they will reschedule and because the lab is closed at moment they will not have the same level of activity so sure there will be lots of appointments available.

hello Saffy, Jess and anyone else I have missed. Hope you are all cosy and out of the snow!

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Monday, December 21st 2009, 8:43pm

ange...did you get there today love?

Monday, December 21st 2009, 8:47pm

oops..thought i had already posted on here ..lol

Thank you all for your prayers, well wishes, kind words, enthusiasm, support, wit, and humour :yes:
I have posted result on the relevant thread ladies.
How is everybody doing?
You all getting prepared for chrimbo? xx :xmas46:

Monday, December 21st 2009, 10:27pm

OMG OMG ladybug!!! I am sooooooooo pleased for you, in a goose bumps all over and totally shaken kinda way!!! :weehee: lmao happydance :teehee: :thumbsup2: :dancing: high5 Oh I wish you can see me now! Massive massive congratulations and a big [zx050] for uncrossing my leggs at last! (I was on the verge of getting UTI, which wouldn't have been nice!) Really hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy ahead hunni XXXXXXXXXXXXX baby2

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 9:13am

I am so pleased for you ladybug - it must seem so surreal to you!! What is your due date :D xx
TTC since Dec 2006

ang2999

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 9:51am

omgggggggggggggggggg congratulations...........this must be the best xmas present ever.......i am so so happy for you and wish you a quick 9 months........i loved being pregnant at every stage its the most amazing thing.

i didnt make it to gcrm yesterday but when i phoned to tell them they offered me a phone consultation so professor nelson called us and we did the whole thing on speaker phone.......he was really lovely and explained everything so well........like i originally thought dh's sample was great and my amh is in the low category which exempts me from egg sharing......he recommended ivf and not icsi like monklands had so now we need to work through our finances and decide if we can get enough to have a go.........its really scary isnt it......£4000 on a 42% chance.

hope everyone has a lovely xmas........i know you will ladybug hehehe :happy: ........ love and best wishes for now........angela xxx

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 12:31pm

Angela - £4k with 42% chance sounds a good statistic to me. I am ICSI and an old-bird, so at £4.5k a shot and a chance of less than 20% - I would jump at the 42% chance of success!!! Go for it, 2010 is going to a great year!

Ladybug, congrats again, I already posted in your BFP announcement, but just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS again, I am still smiling for you.

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

ang2999

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 12:50pm

hey jannie.....i totally agree with you im just scared that if it doesnt work we wont be able to afford to try again......if we were more comfortably well off i wouldnt need to think twice about it as a child is priceless........i guess its just that my sister in law who is in a more finacially stable condition has spent £30000 in the last 2 years only 2 end up pregnant in april, suffer a miscarriage and have the surgeon puncture her womb when they were removing the baby and now they say her womb wont be strong enough to carry beyond 3 months......im going to talk to dh about getting a loan that would be enough for 2 treatments as i think that the thought of only having one chance is what scares me the most......and then if we were lucky enough for it to work on the first go we would have enough left for an amazing holiday.........the best of luck for your icsi in january i will pray for you as i did ladybug........tons and tons of babydust......angela xxx

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 6:48pm

Omg...I can't stop blubbing at everybody's comments.... :sniff: Thank you sooo much ladies. I really really feel so incredibly blessed.. Ang i'm so sure it was all your praying huni! lol happydance
I will most defo be praying for you all every night... I really really :pray: that i see some of your signatures change to BFP's real soon. I honestly wouldn't have stayed sane without having my moans and laughs with you lot.. I am here for you all .. EVERY STEP OF THE WAY and if it means trying to come up with ideas on how to make money for you ladies to continue teatment then so be it!

I mean it from the bottom of my heart. lurve

On the fund raising note... I've signed up for the Moonwalk- Walk the Walk in Edinburgh (think it's jun) Anybody fancy joining me? :dog:

Have a look on Moonwalk website. It's sponsered by playtex and they send you a bra for the walk to decorate :yes: ...Really good fun and for a fantastic cause. I am so glad i got a positive..I ordered an extra large t-shirt and got it thru the other day... I would have looked like i was wearing an 8 man tent if i wasn't preggers lol ..(let's just hope there's not 8 in there! lmao

Was also thinking ways of raising money for FZ and was thinking it would be funny if we had a regional race night or something....each region could compete to raise the most money :hmm:

wee one

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Tuesday, December 22nd 2009, 9:36pm

Hi Ladybug,

So pleased to hear your news!!! I am over the moon for you.

I haven't posted much on the GCRM board (I've been posting on the GRI board) but I am seriously considering a cycle at GCRM while waiting for our NHS appointment (Nov/Dec 2010). We've been for an initial consultation with Dr Gaudoin and were very impressed. However we're going to wait until April as that will be a year of TTC naturally since our MC - still hoping it might happen naturally in the meantime although my problems make it unlikely! Lightning has already struck once, so to speak!

All the best with the pregnancy!

xxxxx
TTC since Feb 2008
Me (30), tubal damage from endo, AMH 37.1, PCO
DH (30), all OK
Natural BFP Mar 09, MMC@ 10wks
Natural BFP Feb 10 while waiting for IVF - so far so good xfingers

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 5:48pm

Oh ladybug you are such a sweetheart [zx127] So glad you'll continue to be hanging around to give us support too. You have managed to maintain both positive and realistic about what you expect from your tx and I think we have learnt a lot from your attitude in the last few weeks :happy: Thank youXXX Oh and moonwalk in Edinburgh sounds fab and yeah I'd be up for that!
Angela- Awwwwwwwwwwwwww loving your new photo! He is absolutely gorgeous. I think he is going to break lots of girls hearts when he gets older! You must be so proud of him. smile2 I am so pleased to hear GCRM was helpful and they could do the consultaion with you over the phone. They don't let us down, do they? Yay! thumbup When are you planning to have your consent app? Oh and Re; funding. Do you have a mortgage? If you do then perhaps you can remorgage your house?
I remember taking out extra £7k mortgage to refurbish my bathroom a few years ago and it was defo cheaper than getting a loan. The mortgage interest rate has really dropped recently so it might work in your favour too.
wee one - DH and I waited 12 months after m/c before we decided to go for IVF too. We could have waited longer but ttc without success for more cycles would have destroyed me. Re lightning though, did you know that if you are struck by a lightening once, statiscally you have more chance of being hit by it again becasue the electric currency finds its way into your body easier the second time around?! :thumbsup2: There was a man who was struck by lightening 7 times! See this link; http://www.dailycognition.com/index.php/…ing-7-times.htm
Anyway what I am trying to say is if you fell pg once then you are likely to be able to manage again. Really hope it happens naturally before April but if not I am sure your chance is v good with IVF/ICSI hunni.
It's freeeeeeeeeeeeezing today again. Stay cosy everyone xmas30

wee one

Reg: Jul 14th 2009

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 9:07pm

Hi Saffron,

So sorry to hear you had a MC too. When did that happen and how far along were you? I feel the same way as you, I don't think I can keep TTC naturally much longer than a year, every month destroys me a little bit more when my period arrives. After the MC I stupidly thought that whatever was wrong with me was now "fixed" and that I might get pg again really easily, but obviously not...... :-( Anyway, Dr Gaudoin advised that we give it until we've been trying for a year since the MC, as 80% of couples conceive within a year, so if it doesn't happen in a year then the odds of it happening naturally drop, and our chances will be much better with IVF.

But on the bright side, Dr G gave us a 50-55% chance of success per cycle with IVF, partly because I'd already been pregnant and partly cos I have a high AMH and lots of follies, so trying very hard to remain positive!

My AF is due on New Year's Day, how bad timing is that? I don't know whether to just say to hell with it and just enjoy Xmas with a few wee drinks, knowing that the chances are sooo slim that I'll be pg, but at the same time, I think about how guilty I'd feel if this was the month I actually was pg..... aargh! We actually tried not to try this month so that I could enjoy Xmas guilt-free, but it didn't work out that way :O

Anyway, enough of my ramblings! All the best to you and have a lovely Xmas xxxxx
TTC since Feb 2008
Me (30), tubal damage from endo, AMH 37.1, PCO
DH (30), all OK
Natural BFP Mar 09, MMC@ 10wks
Natural BFP Feb 10 while waiting for IVF - so far so good xfingers

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 9:21pm

Happy xmas

ladies i just want to wish each and everyone of you a lovely christmas and a happy new year filled with lots of bfp's jilly

Lots of love xx
TTC since Dec 2006

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 11:12am

Hope all the food prep for tomorrow is going well ladies!
I am hoping for a better weather tomorrow. The forecast sounds dreadful tho!
xmas36 Merry X'mas to you all! xmas36
SXXX xmas30
PS wee-one I've sent you PM hunniX

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 11:55am

Angela, I like Saffron's idea about the mortgage, it is definitely the cheapest way to get money at the moment. Really hope it only takes 1 try for you, so you don't have to get stressed about the financial side of it. I have told myself I will give it 5 tries (discounting the first IUI, so this is try 2 for me) and then give up, I try not to think about the money I am wasting on it, I just have to accept this is the only way I will ever realise my dreams and unfortunately it is bloody expensive!

LadyBug, hope you are doing well and still feeling on top of the world. Like the idea of the Moonwalk, I will need to look into it more.

Saffron, Angel Mouse, Jesta and Wee One - hello to all of you too.

Hope you all have a lovely cosy Xmas planned and none of you have to venture out onto the roads on Xmas day.

Have a lovely time tomorrow.

xxxx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 8:26pm

Thanks Ladies :D

Saffy you are a wee sweetie :yes:

Just wanted to wish everyone a very very merry christmas and drunken (or sober) new year lmao

Have a fantastic time...chat soon xxxxx

P.s i'll speak to you bout the moon walk again at some point lmao xxx

Reg: Dec 1st 2009

Monday, December 28th 2009, 10:49am

GCRM newbie

:hi: everyone!

I just wanted to say hello and check in here as I am going for my first consultation at GCRM on Monday 4th (7 sleeps!) :smile: . We have been TTC for 21 months and had lap and dye at Monklands in Aug which was all A-OK (along with everything else apparently!). On waiting list for IUI at Monklands but would'nt get to top of list until the summer so decided to try GCRM 2 weeks ago. We are already booked in for DH's sample test and the consent appointment so hopefully starting next cycle xfingers . I just hope all the tests done by NHS were actually OK and nothing scary will crop up at GCRM!

Congrats to Ladybug for your BFP, I was just reading your posts! Hope everyone had a nice Crimble and your baby tries are going well!

Hamgirl :xxx:
Hamgirl :P

Me 32, DH 33

unexplained infertility

TTC since Apr 2008

Natural :BFP: while waiting for IVF 18.01.10 happydance

jessta

Reg: Dec 6th 2009

Monday, December 28th 2009, 6:16pm

SET

Hi Ladybug,

Quick q - did you have a SET . We have been recommended this by Dr G.. due to my age (30)and AMH level? Also - were you put on down regulator for 2 months to calm the endo?

So thrilled to see that it has all worked out for you... very inspiring for us.

Thanks
Jess

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Monday, December 28th 2009, 6:43pm

Hi Jess,

I have recently had a failed ICSI cycle at the GCRM. We had a SET, also recommended by Dr G. We went back and forth with it and it was such a hard decision to make. I balled my eyes after we decided to do the SET! I am 26 and have an AMH of 8.1, they thought we had a good chance so better to put the best one back. Hefa are really cracking down on multiple pregnancies so I think they are encouraging people to do this. We had one perfect 8 cell, grade 1 embie and the other wasn't so great, it was a 5 cell with fragments and prob wouldn't have made it, so we decided to give the best one it's best chance.

Unfortunately the cycle didn't work for us. I think that next time we may opt to put two back if we have two. But it will depend on the quality of the embies. It's such a hard decision to make and you will just have to do what you think is right for you.

All the staff at the GCRM are wonderful and I couldn't fault them one bit. We are actually at the top of the IUI waiting list at the GRI now so are going to give this a shot, but if it doesn't work we may go back to the GCRM for another ICSI cycle. We are staying hopeful, everything on our ICSI cycle was textbook perfect and they wouldn't have changed anything, just good old fashion bad luck.

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your tx.

AFM... just waiting for natural af now, hopefully end of next week. Having ewcm and the odd ov pain at the mo, so hoping this is me ovulating (on schedule for me) so fingers crossed. Then will be calling the GRI for my snuff to get started for IUI.

hope everyone else is doing well, here's to many BFPs in the new year.

Love luck and babydust,

Julz xx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE