You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Sep 23rd 2009

Children: 8 year DD conceilved naturally & 1 DS thru IVF

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 1:03pm

Thanks for that Julz. How are you geting on with your treatment anyway? How are you finding GCRM? The staff there seem very good and I found their communication excellent. So different from NHS clinic we initially went to!

Are there anyone else starting tX with GCRM soon?

SaffyXXX
After pretty rocky ttc & pregnancy history, blessed with two lovely children. Don't stop believing....

Julz

Ace

Reg: Jan 2nd 2009

Children: TTC No 1!

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 2:46pm

Hey,

So far it's going well. Not having any side effects yet! (Yet being the operative word!) Back on Mon for next scan, so fingers crossed! I have found everyone there so nice and so helpful, nothing is too much effort for them. I'm really happy there.

Good luck with your tx! xx

Nov 09 ICSI :BFN:
Feb'10 IUI 1:BFN:,Apr'10 IUI 2:BFP: MMC 9wks.Oct'10 IUI 3:BFP:

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:22pm

Julz, glad treatment going well. When are you due for EC?

Saffy, I am hoping to start tx soon with EC early January. Are you starting soon too?

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:23pm

Oh and for anyone's interest I found out today that last EC date is 14th Dec, with lab opening again fro EC on 7th Jan. Just in case anyone needs to know the dates.

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Julz

Ace

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:54pm

Hey hon,

All going ok here. Next scan in on Monday so hoping to have a better idea of dates then. If follies are good on Monday then likely the next again day, if not back the next again day for another scan til they are ready.. sure you know how it is... so looks like it will be next week or the week after. But it is getting very close!

Jx

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 8:56pm

Julz - I am excited for you. How are you feeling?

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Julz

Ace

Thursday, November 12th 2009, 9:35pm

Hey

um actually feeling ok. No real side effects. Had hot flushes after the prostap but so far nothing on the menopur. Touch wood! Keep waiting for something to snap and turn into a psycho! Tummy is a lil but bruised but hey ho. That's life. X

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Friday, November 13th 2009, 10:10am

Hi fellow GCRM goers :snigger: - hope you are all well.

Julz - Its all getting very exciting for you, I cant wait to see how you get on, are you still on the waiting list at GRI? I am but am still a bit to overweight for treatment there so need to get on with loosing weight ;( Did they give you any idea of how many eggs they would expect to get from you? Whats your AMH?

Janniewall - It looks like we will both start around the same time. I am due to start in January as well :D so we could be cycle buddies!

Can I ask if anyone has heard of a flare protocol? Dr Marco said that they would try me on that as I have a low AMH for my age (34) I was shocked when he said it only takes around 18 days!!!!!

I have been so stressed since we made the choice to go private, I havent been sleeping or anything so it make me wonder what I will be like when it all kicks off in January!!
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Julz

Ace

Friday, November 13th 2009, 8:51pm

Hey hon,

I am still on the waiting list at the GRI, and ironically just got my appt date through for IUI for 10th dec! So hopefully won't need it! But Dr Marco wasn't very hopeful that the IUI will work so might just delay it for ICSI on NHS if this round doesn't work. Though I am hopeful!!

Hope everyone is alright and having a nice Friday!

Jxx

Friday, November 13th 2009, 9:24pm

Angel-mouse, I am also on flair protocol. I also have low AMH (due to being 40) and had long protocol first time and I did not respond. Second time they used flair and it worked really well and I got 8 eggs, which with an AMH of 6.4 is darned good!

I got a document that gives an overview of the flair protocol. If you PM me your email address I will send it onto you.

Julz - waiting to hear update of follies.

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Julz

Ace

Saturday, November 14th 2009, 10:00pm

Hi Jannie,

Will keep you posted, scan at 0745 on Monday so hoping we will have a better idea of what is going on in there by then! Wish I could just see inside myself and know what was going on!!!

Trying to stay positive!

Jx

Reg: Apr 4th 2008

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Sunday, November 15th 2009, 11:33pm

Hi All :D
I did say a wee brief hello in Oct (i think) but things been crazy hectic since then :snigger: .. Been reading up on all of your progress.....exciting times ahead for us all!

I'm also having treatment at GCRM currently on day 8 Metformin and Norethestorone and Folic Acid... Had all of the lovely side effects that go with these X( but keep reminding myself it's not permanent!

I've been learning loads from the questions you have all been asking :snigger: makes me feel better than i'm not alone... Totally mixed up with all of my dates...My head felt like it was on a spin cycle at the meeting...DP came out with more info than me :snigger: Have any of you been on these meds ...and if so did you also blow up like a baloon? :O

Anyway... Look forward to hearing your updates and fingers crossed we all get lucky in 2010 ...Goodnyt xxx

p.s Good Luck tomorrow Julz xx

First ICSI Dec '09 :BFP: :weehee:

Julz

Ace

Monday, November 16th 2009, 8:35am

Morning,

Just a quick update from me!

All went well this morning, not quite ready as I might have thought. But plenty going on which is good!

So here we go...

Right side
3 x 14
1 x 12
2 11

Left side
1 x 14
1 x 12
1 x 11
1 x 9

She said there were more but she wasn't getting a very good picture of them... left one being a pain again and hiding away. But all looking good. Endometrium at 8.

So carry one with the menopur until Weds and go back for another scan but she reconds collection will be Friday or Monday!!! Wooo! Can't beleive it! Kinda hoping it will be Monday and then that way ET will be approx mid week then I can for sure take the rest of the week off! Will be great! Nor will I complain if it is Friday! Can't believe it is so soon! In just over a week I could be PUPO!!

Ladybug - welcome and good luck!!

Jxx

Children: We now have a gorgeous new little baby daughter! can't believe i can say that now!!! :D

Monday, November 16th 2009, 11:01am

This is fab news Julz! happydance

I'm in on Fri to start my Injections too high5
So excited but really nervous at the same time... My poor DP is all talked out about the what if's :snigger: I even had a dream the other night and woke up sweating...I had triplets and was due to go to a Doctor's appointment... i was trying to figure out how to get the three car seats in with me :snigger:

oh well... what will be will be... :happy:
Wishing you loads of luck huni...fingers crossed the EC is v v successful thumbup
xxx

Reg: May 27th 2009

Monday, November 16th 2009, 3:20pm

acupuncture

Just wanted to let you know that I go to Eleanor Davies for acupuncture. You were looking for a personal recommendation? I can tell you she is brillaint. She is Zita West trained and really knows her stuff. I cant recommend her highly enough. I've been going to her for over a year now and wouldnt ever consider going anywhere else! Hope this helps!
NicPic :P

May09 BFP m/c 6wks
Aug09 BFP m/c 5wks
Jan10 BFN
Apr10 BFP mm/c 7wks
Oct10 BFP mm/c 10wks
Feb11 immune issues discovered
Feb11 BFP m/c 5wks
May 11 FET cancelled due to abnormal growth in womb
Jun 11 hysteroscopy

Julz

Ace

Wednesday, November 18th 2009, 9:08am

Morning all!

... update from scan this morning...

Follies have grown, x2 at 18 and the others now between 11 - 15. So things are happening, they are unsure if the bigger ones are hiding the real size of the others and won't know until my bloods come back. If that is the case I'll get a call today to say that they are big enough and have been given HCG injection away with me to do tomorrow and then collect on Friday.

More likely though I will carry on with injections tomorrow, go back on Friday, do HCG over the weekend and then collect on Monday. So we are all systems go really!

Let DH do the injection today and more blood than when I do it! I normally have the tiniest little bit but a big blob came out when he did it! this is why I do it!

Well that's me! Hope everyone is well! Roll on the weekend!!

Jxx

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 4:01pm

Julz, also posted on your diary. But let me know if it is EC on Monday so I can wish you lots of luck............

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Julz

Ace

Saturday, November 21st 2009, 4:20pm

Hi ladies,

Sorry I haven't updated, things have been a bit hectic.

Well good news here... they were very happy with how things are going.

So I have

Left side
1x23
2 x 17
1 x 16
1 x 13

Right side
2 x24
1 x 18
2 x 16
1 x 15

So they are happy that the smaller ones have come on and I have a couple of big ones. Last menopur yesterday and trigger shot at 1900 tonight.

Yesterday did take an interesting turn to say the least! After evrything going well this morning got to work and all of a sudden couldn't see my computer screen! Had a bit of a lie down, called dh who called the clinic and they said to get me back in. By this point I had stood up got a wave of dizziness and friend said I went ghost White. So back to the clinic. Bp ok think it's a migraine. Told to go home and rest for the weekend. So got home had to run in and was sick twice. Have been sleeping felt better but still not 100%. so I have cancelled all plans for the weekend and am going to just do nothing! Got a real fright, thought it was something going wrong.

Feeling ok today, bit of a headache but better. Any advice for the weekend? Anything I should/shouldn't do? I'd love to order a dominos but thinking I should prob have something healthy. Getting a bit nervous about the sedation, never had anything like it before so not really sure what to expect.

Deep breathes!

Jannie - hope you're ok, thanks for checking on me!

Ladybug - how did your appt go on Friday, what time were you there, might have seen you!

Love luck and babydust!

Jxx

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 3:52pm

Hi!

Hi ladies,

Gosh lots going on here!

Julz - Well done for all your nice eggies. Wooo whoooo!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your EC!! Poor you for having the dizzy spell and being sicky though. Hope you have managed to get plenty of rest this weekend. I know what you mean about IUI vs ICSI/IVF. NHS wanted us to try IUI first but we decided to go for IVF with GCRM. IVF/ICSI would clarify so many things like egg quality and fertilization rate which IUI doesn't. Is this your first ICSI?

Jannie - yes, we have consents app on 2nd so I should be starting on the med in the middle of Dec. DH is away abroad for 4 weeks but back on 11th Jan so we will work around his schedule. I might have to down reg a week or two longer because of this. eeeeeeeeeek. He is giving his sample on 2nd for frozen back-up just in case too. Have you got your consents app soon for Jan Tx? How are you feeling?

nicpic - thanks for the info. I called a few acupuncturists in Glasgow and Eleanor was one of them too. She sounded lovely. It was so hard to choose! I decided to go with Maureen karnowski I the end. I have app to see her on 2nd prior to our consents app. i will see her again around the time of EC/ET. My own acupuncturist in Aberdeen will be seeing me in between, although she didn't appear to be particularly happy when I told her that I chose to see one in Glasgow! Apparently she wouldn't 'dream of treating someone on the day of or the day after ET becasue it's not her normal protocol. Obviously IOh well.

Ladybug - oh it must be so exciteing to finally start the tx!!!! I am all nervous and worried about all the injections etc... Looks like you will be a few steps ahead of me so keep me updated so i know what to expect when it's my turn!

Hope you are all having a good weekend X
After pretty rocky ttc & pregnancy history, blessed with two lovely children. Don't stop believing....

Sunday, November 22nd 2009, 4:17pm

Hi!

Hi ladies,

Gosh lots going on with you herel!

Julz - Well done for all the nice eggies. Wooo whoooo!! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your EC!! Poor you for having the dizzy spell and being sicky though. Hope you have managed to get plenty of rest this weekend. I know what you mean about IUI vs ICSI/IVF. NHS wanted us to try IUI first but we decided to go for IVF with GCRM. IVF/ICSI would clarify so many things like egg quality and fertilization rate which IUI doesn't. Is this your first ICSI?

Jannie - yes, we have consents app on 2nd so I should be starting on the med in the middle of Dec. DH is away abroad for 4 weeks but back on 11th Jan so we will work around his schedule. I might have to down reg a week or two longer because of this. eeeeeeeeeek. He is giving his sample on 2nd for frozen back-up just in case too. Have you got your consents app soon for Jan Tx? How are you feeling?

nicpic - thanks for the info. I called a few acupuncturists in Glasgow and Eleanor was one of them too. She sounded lovely. It was so hard to choose! I decided to go with Maureen karnowski I the end. I have app to see her on 2nd prior to our consents app. i will see her again around the time of EC/ET. My own acupuncturist in Aberdeen will be seeing me in between, although she didn't appear to be particularly happy when I told her that I chose to see one in Glasgow! Apparently she wouldn't dream of treating someone on the day of or the day after ET becasue that's not part of her normal ivf protocol! but obviously I want to make sure that i want to do everything to maximise the sucess... Oh well.

Ladybug - oh it must be so exciteing for you to finally start the tx!!!! I am all nervous and worried about all the injections etc myself... Looks like you will be a few steps ahead of me so keep me updated so i know what to expect when it's my turn!

Hope you are all having a good weekend X

GeeBee

Reg: Jun 25th 2009

Children: gcrm

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 6:56pm

Hi Saffron,

Excuse me butting in, just wanted to say that Maureen is fabulous. I've been treated by her for about 10 months and love her to bits. She is very knowledgable and also really easy to talk. Good choice.

Good luck with your tx.

GB xx

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 9:04am

Hi ladies I am having my AMH scan and bloods taken today, how long does the process on the internal scan take? And how long for the results?

Thanks x
TTC since Dec 2006

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 12:55pm

hello, I think they do the blood tests twice a week on Wed and Fri (but I could be wrong) so you will probably get early/mid next week.

Hope they are good results

On seeing posts about Maureen, think I am going to give her a call as my acupuncturist is on hols from 18th Dec. What is name/number so I can find her??

Julz - how are you getting on with 2WW?

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Janniewall" (Dec 3rd 2009, 12:55pm)

Julz

Ace

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 1:51pm

Hi Jannie,

Thanks for checking in on me. I'm doing ok. Starting to get a bit nervouse now with test day looming, just want it to be the weekend now. Had what felt like a gush of something this morning had to rush to the toilet, thinking the worst, but it seems just to have been a lot of cm. Had all the symptoms under the sun after the HCG trigger shot but things seem to be fading away but I hope that's not a bad sign. Hoping my own hcg levels are maybe just low and creeping up, or maybe I just won't suffer too badly. I was quite crampy/twingy on the day of ET and the day after but now just the odd cramp/twinge. Otherwise just very tired.

So just taking it easy and I hoping that our lo is stickin in there!

Fingers crossed!

Jxx

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 8:21pm

GB & Jannie - Saw Maureen yesterday and she was soooooooo lovely! Very easy to speak to and it was clear that she has good knowledge about IVF/ICSI. She seemes to be very through in getting history with clients and very understanding of emotional effets of infertility. I am very very pleased with her! I was so nervous before the consent app so it was nice to get acupuncture done in the morning. It kept me v calm :-) Jannie, if you need to conact her here is her website;
http://www.maureenkarnowski.co.uk/
She also works in the clinic called Balance which is only 5 - 10 min car journey to GCRM :-) She said she can also do treatment in GCRM before and after ET too.

Julz - Sending you lots of sticky dust!!!! Hope you have a good weekend to relax hun Would you be waiting to test till OTD or are you going to do HPT earlier?

angel_mouse - how did you get on with your tests today? You should have got the scan result there and then today but AMH result should be ready within a week and I think they'd send it to you by post.

Well my news is that we got all the consent forms signed yesterday! We were so stressed out that we had a row on the way and I nearly chucked DH out the car :8o: but we made it in the end. I am starting on DR (Prostap) on 21st Dec. I didn't know it was a single injection to last for up to 4 weeks. I am relieved that I am not having to do the injection everyday! All in all I am much happier now that we got all the dates in my diary. :happy: yayyyyyyyyyy All will be over and done with in 8 weeks whatever the result may be. It's pretty scary!!!!

SaffyXXX

Friday, December 4th 2009, 11:07am

Can I ask you ladies how much of a follicular count you had at your AMH test. Mine was mega low for my age, 2 on one side and 3 on the other so 5 all in :bawl: i knew i had a low AMH 2.9 so I dont know why i was so surprised, we have consesnt appointment on 15th Dec but I cant help feeling this is the end of the road for us with my own eggs. My mind is racing and I cant stop feeling sick and im doing DH's head in talking about doner eggs all the time. :sadface:
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, December 4th 2009, 11:20am

Hi Angel-Mouse..
Just wanted to pop on and ease your mind a little bit...Please do not worry or stress about your eggs or your AMH count too much.

The consultant will be able to plan the right does of medication in order to increase your count. There is lots of good info on AMH levels etc on another thread somewhere...maybe somebody clever will be able to tell you :happy: but don't stress too much until you know exactly what can or can't be done....(can't usually isn't an option)
Laughing at you saying "doing DH head in" ...that's what they re there for :snigger: i do my DP's head in just as much :snigger:

Good luck for you consultation on the 15th..They are all very nice and i'm sure it won't be long before they are able to put your mind at rest and you get the BFP that you are waiting for :happy:

Good luck xx

Friday, December 4th 2009, 11:40am

Oooops... meant to say Good luck Julz :happy: i have a good feeling for you ... P.s sorry didn't realise you sent a message further up the page asking what time i was there at... my appointment was at 8.30am i think lol ...did you see me? i don't notice anything...i'm on auto pilot at that time of the morning :snigger: was back this morning for a THIRD scan...not impressed with how slow my follicles are...bit like my brain :snigger: I only have a few follies over size 16 :sadface: just waiting for the phone call for the blood results, and if all goes well....it's EC for me on either Mon or Tues :8o:

Feeling really quite sick today, and not too sure why as i've been grand all the way thru it... hmmm ?( maybe just a bug.

Saffron... i may only be one or two steps ahead now huni with my follies being soooo slow :snigger:... Your catching up! :happy: laughing at you nearly chucking DH out of the car :snigger: do that after ET lol

Good luck when starting the Norethisterone again Janniewall...fingers are crossed 2010 is your year huni xxx

Monday, December 7th 2009, 11:57am

Ladybug - yeah, I know, just as well i didn't chuck my Dh out the car window on the day of the consent app!! Honestly tho, I was so stressed out it was unreal... god knows what i am going to be like when i finally start downregging so it might be blessing that DH is abroad for the next 4 weeks! Did you hear from the clinic re the blood today?? How are you feeling today?

Angel_mouse - I echoe what ladybug said there. The clinic deals with so many different cases so they would know what and how much drugs you would need to maximise the chance and they'd discusss things with you. You can write an email/letter to the clinic if you want Dr to clarify things. They are pretty good at getting back to you very quickly. I had some question related to DH's sample (his smple quality had been a bit variable and wanted to ask if it's still ok for us to got for IVF and not ICSI) prior to our consent app and Dr Marco got back to me 2 days later. Not too long to go till your consent app!

Sxxx

Monday, December 7th 2009, 12:01pm

Good morning ladies :D

How are we all today? I am still waiting for my AMH results and DH's sperm analysis im dreading the results, I dont know why cos i know how bad they are having had them done before at GRI but it dosent stop me worrying. Im kinda wishing that we made the decision to go through all this after xmas, cos its kinda put a dampner on all the celebrations for me, i cant really be bothered with it all. I put my tree up last night with a heavy heart and i was just going through the motions really! :humbug:

Back at GCRM next week for the consents visit so all will become clear then, and we will know what's what..!!

Who is all starting in January?

A_M xx
TTC since Dec 2006

Monday, December 7th 2009, 12:46pm

Bding while downregging????

Ladies,

I've got a quick question here. As i said we had our cosent app last week and I'm just waiting till cd 21 to have a Prostap injection. Well, the thing is I normally ov on day 14 which is this weekend. The nurse we saw never said that we can't try this cycle so we just assumed it's ok to carry on as usual. :O Has anyone asked it's ok to bd while on prostap??? If so is it ok or are we supposed to sbstain???? ?(

Thanks!

Working from home today but not getting much done here. Got to get off the tinternet!

SaffyXXX

PS ((((((((Hugs))))))))) to you angel_mouse. I know what you mean about xmas and tx timing. I am having a low key xmas affair this year and try to relax as much as I can. DH away so going to his parents for xmas so no cooking for me. Just looking forward to having the 2 weeks off cos it works out I'd be off work for most of the downregulation period, which is good. Oh and i am loving your smilie with the tree! Sooo cute it made smile!

Reg: May 27th 2009

Monday, December 7th 2009, 7:21pm

Hi Girls! I'm a fellow GCRM-er!

Angel-Mouse, I'm also starting in jan. I'm booked in for a scan on 28th dec and they're gonna decide then if i've to have a Prostap injection or whether i can just go straight onto the Progynova. I'm doing a medicated FET cycle - have 3 frosties waiting for us. Feeling nervous but also just want to get started. Feel like the time is really draggin now. Did our first cycle in Aug/Sept and it seems sooooo long ago!
When are you getting under way with tx?

Saffron- I'm so sorry I really cant answer your question! I wish i could but i have no idea as i've never done a D/R before! Hopefully someone who knows will come along soon and answer your question.

love nic xxxxxxxxxxx
NicPic :P

May09 BFP m/c 6wks
Aug09 BFP m/c 5wks
Jan10 BFN
Apr10 BFP mm/c 7wks
Oct10 BFP mm/c 10wks
Feb11 immune issues discovered
Feb11 BFP m/c 5wks
May 11 FET cancelled due to abnormal growth in womb
Jun 11 hysteroscopy

Monday, December 7th 2009, 8:59pm

Thanks for asking Saffron... Yeah the blood results were a goer :happy: had my EC this am...

Got 4 lovely eggies today... There was 3 goodies and one 50/50 this am, but when they phoned tonight they are all lovely jubly...and they all survived the trauma of the cell scraping and being injected so it's just a waiting game now to see if they get jiggy jiggy in their wee incubator tonight :snigger:
Im so nervous but can't help laughing! :snigger:

DP took great pleasure in letting me know just how much jibberish i spoke after the anaesthetic.. I could cry with embarrassment :snigger: apparantly i asked the nurse if i passed wind in theatre :O :snigger: then apparantley a song came on the radio and i pulled the covers back to try and dance X(
Not Good!! :snigger:
Dreading facing them again LOL :O

Hey NicPic glad you will be on the journey with Angel-Mousse... Nice to keep each other going... Good luck xxx

How did the scans and EC's go today ladies?

Monday, December 7th 2009, 9:07pm

Ladybug, congrats on the eggs. Look forward to hearing your news tomorrow.

I grabbed the nurse during my EC and screamed 'how many eggs, how many eggs' over and over - so sure the poor nurses at EC are used to us nutty patients!!

Hope everyone else well.

x

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Monday, December 7th 2009, 9:38pm

:snigger: thanks Janniewall...laughing at you grabbing the nurse :snigger:

Glad i'm not on my own LOL :O

Tuesday, December 8th 2009, 9:55am

Oh my god can i just say that you ladies are terrifying me with these stories of EC :bawl: thats the part that i am dreading the most. Can i ask if you took your DH's in with you or did you go in on your own?

Can I ask a question, when people say that they are packing a bag for EC, what should be in that bag? ?(

Ladybug - congrats on the 4 eggs, I hope they move along nicely for you :D

Nicpic - not sure when we start we have cons appointment next tuesday 15th and they will tell me then when it all kicks off, im dreading it actually ;(

Janniewall - :snigger: your story made me laugh, when do you start tx?
TTC since Dec 2006

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 12:40am

:snigger: Sorry Angel-mousse..Don't mean to put you off...

It's stories to tell the grandkids lol :snigger:

DH's need to be doing their own part on day of EC, so they are generally getting busy while you are in theatre huni. You are asleep anyway and he is there for you before and when you come round :happy: you will be fine toots.

I only got 2 eggs fertilised out of the 4... Soo disappointed and now don't know wether to put back one or two ?(

Going in for ET on Thursday avvy... Will & Grace just better be hanging on in there in that lab! X(

In your bag for EC you should have nightdress, slippers or socks, towel, toiletries and thats all you need hun. No showering with strong perfumed soaps etc before EC ...dnt use deodorant or moisturisers before hand either so take them with you for after it. No nail varnish or make up should be worn but moisturisers on the face and hands are okay :happy: i actually sneaked some of the dove roll on cream deodorant too...didn't like the idea of being a sweaty betty :snigger:

Good luck for next week hunx

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 7:49am

Ladybug, 2 good embies sound great. Deciding whether to put back 1 or 2 is difficult, but I am sure you and your DP will make the decision that is right for you. Because I am an old-bird, I put back maximum I am allowed (3 if you are over 40) to give myself best chance, but you are a young slip of a thing so different things to consider in decision.

Angel-Mouse - don't be scared about EC. You will be out for the count. I was pleasantly surprised that it was so easy and painless, I even went to the gym later that day! I found ET a bit amusing, me there with a light pointing between my legs, ankles in stirrups - thank god I had been for a wax the week before!! My DP kindly made a joke, asking whether Bernie Ecclestone had been invited for the S&M party (due to my legs in leather stirrups) which had everyone laughing apart from me!!!

Hello to Saffron, NicPic and Julz too.

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 11:35am

oh noooooo

ET today...clinic just phoned...What does cell 4 and cell 5 mean when they talk about eggs? argghhh

having a nannyrooney..... :snigger:

Thanks for the advice Janniewall...we have decided on putting them both back...we have talked about it all night and came to the decision that if we have to start from scratch then so be it :happy:

Here's to the 2ww soooooooooo nervous and excited! Will and Grace just better get themselves nice and comfy for the next 8mths or so... :snigger:

Good luck with the upcoming ET's and EC's ladies.... xxxx

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 1:28pm

Oooh how exciting Ladybug - i have everything crossed for you :D

Just think TWINS :snigger: xx
TTC since Dec 2006

Wednesday, December 9th 2009, 6:06pm

Thanks Angel-mousse....I am on such a high... I LOVE IT!! :snigger:

Although i am keeping my feet firmly on the ground... I love being PUPO! :happy:

Hope it is twins angel mousse...lets just wait and see...if at first we don't suceed we will most defo be trying again and again :happy:

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 9:33am

Ladybug when is your test date? Are you off work at the moment? I dont know what to do about the 2WW whether to take time off or not!

Can I ask a question? Do they show you around at GCRM on the consents meeting? We go this coming tuesday so want to know what to expect!
TTC since Dec 2006

Thursday, December 10th 2009, 6:44pm

Ladybug - congrats on being PUPO.

Angel-Mouse, I did not ask to see round, in all honesty there is not a lot to see apart from lots of rooms, one with the scan machine in it. There is the theatre too, but it is pretty sparse. You will probably just go into one of the rooms and sit with the nurse and go through all the forms. Start to think about donation of eggs or embyros for medical research, or whether if there are frosties and your DP dies whether he would authorise you to use them. I know it is all really hard things to think about and not the most positive things, but would rather you were not shocked by some of the questions.

Good luck. You sound really excited.

xx

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
Jannie's Diary

Friday, December 11th 2009, 11:12am

Janniewall - ignorance is probably bliss, im not sure that i want to see round incase i faint when i go into the operating theatre :snigger:

Ladybug - Congrats on being PUPO, I have everything crossed for you.

Im a bit down today my pal is preggers with her 3rd one and its unplanned and they didnt even want it. It just made me sad :bawl:
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, December 11th 2009, 12:03pm

Angle-mousse...I just want to give you a big hug sweetie... :hugs:
Don't think over things toooooooo much...It is going to be a good experience for you wee dolly. The folk in their are fab! so nice..the place is lovely and fresh and modern :happy:
They didn't show us around but i was happy with that.... When you see machines etc you tend to think further...hmmm where they gonna stick that! :snigger:

oh and...never mind that your pal is preggy... your "planned" baby is going to feel the love like no other :happy: My best friends (3 of them) all got preggers at the same time. I couldn't meet for lunch with them, but they were talking about stretch marks, boobs, bumps, bottles, comparing notes and i had to sit there like a right lemon with no input... i couldnt tell them how it felt to be preg...i couldnt say how my labour was... it was awful...but deep down ..they are all willing me on and wishing that our dream comes true.. it's just cack that some folk find it so bloomin easy isn't it.

You really do just have to stay positive...I know that i'd be extremely lucky for this to happen first time round for us, so i am already planning a holiday in Jan if it doesn't work, and planning how we would like our next treatment to go...It's not being negative, it's just being prepared. This way i get to stay happy and focused :happy:
although i did see a lovely pram the other day :snigger: but i didnt go into the shop...just passed by :snigger:

The secret is...have loads to be doing...although it's coming up to christmas and testing a few days before will be tough, it has been a god send that i have lots to do :happy:
So to answer your q...i test on the 21st Dec :snigger:

Friday, December 11th 2009, 12:12pm

Ladybug - you talk so much sense it makes me want to hug ya :hugs: you have just described the way that I am feeling and made me feel a bit 'less like a freak' :snigger:

I keep thinking ahead if it dosent work but DH thinks thats the wrong attitude to have and that I should be thinking positivly but its hard when i havent even started yet and i already have this cycle failed....!!!

Think Positive, think Positive.....!!!
TTC since Dec 2006

Friday, December 11th 2009, 12:26pm

REPEAT AFTER ME
PMA
PMA
PMA
PMA
PMA

If you do this every morn you will feel like this... biggrin2 and will b sayingbring it on...

If you don't you will feel like this :hairout and will be saying "what if" or "why" or sweary words :snigger:

on that note..i better go as my mum is waiting in town on me and she will probably say sweary words at me if i'm late! lmao

Monday, December 14th 2009, 7:35pm

Hey all,
You have a nice weekend?

How is everyone?

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 9:15am

How are we all, hope you are all well and looking forward to xmas . I got some bad news about my AMH they have come back and said its only 0.7!! It was 2.9 about 10 months ago at the GRI so god knows what has happened, the GRI never done a follicular count. Dr Guadini (spelling) at GCRM said that due to my age he isn’t concerned by this…!! But when I looked up their own info on AMH under 1 they say that ‘treatment with own eggs not recommended’ I kept on asking the nurse and she kept on saying that the Doctor wasn’t phased by my low reading due to my age and that they will use Flare Protocol?? So can anyone shed any light on this, I’m puzzled at why he isn’t concerned? He told me at 1st consultation that they had achieved pregnancies with AMH under 1, so is it a case of he has looked at my age, follicular count and he doesn’t seem to think it’s a problem?? They did'nt seem phased in the slightest by it!! have been researching like mad and although an AMH of under 1 isnt great apparently the younger you are the less of a problem it is??!! xfingers

I suppose they wouldn’t take me on for tx if they thought that I didn’t have a hells chance would they? We have our consents today so we can ask more then!

God I am so nervous today I could be sick, dont know why i feel like this its like signing your life away isnt it? Did anyone else feel like this at their consent appointment?

Ladybug - how are you doing my luv? Any signs of anything happening 'in there' :snigger: xx
TTC since Dec 2006

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Tuesday, December 15th 2009, 9:21am

good luck today angel xXx

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012