You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "nodaybut2day" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2008

Wednesday, September 24th 2008, 3:19pm

First round of clomid

Hi guys!

Dr has prescribed me clomid - 50mg, day 2-6- cos i have probs with not ovulating / irregular AF

Dr said if AF dont show in in 2 weeks time, im back on northisterone to bring on AF again, then start my clomid.

This month, i had a naturl AF which i was quite shocked at lol! - I couldnt believe she arrived!!!! Anyway, 2day is CD14, yday i went oout and bought OPK (First response) and to my surprise - yday i had a strong line and today :-)

Does that mean im OV'ing this month - or not? Im really confused! lol

we BD'd on monday - none tuesday - should i BD later - just in case ???

If DR has put me on clomid for annovulatory - can i still ovulate on the off chance ??? I havent started clomid yet

ANy help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks and GD luck evryone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 24th 2008, 3:27pm

Hi

It is possible to ovulate some months and not others and if you were tested on the months you weren't ovulating then it is perfectly possible that you are ovulating now.

This is some really useful info about OPKs and ovulation - I hope it helps with your questions.

Quoted

Originally posted by Paul Entwistle
Hi - I'm Paul

The problem with ovulation kits, or even formal, laboratory assays, is that they only detect the "LH Surge" , the hormone rise that is meant to trigger ovulation. However this rise in LH does not always lead to ovulation, for various reasons. These kits are therefore tests for LH hormone, not for ovulation. You need other tests to show that ovulation DID occur in that cycle.

These kit only reflect the "normal" level of LH rise which should be enough to trigger ovulation in a "young" woman with normally responsive ovaries. If the woman is older, or her ovaries are less responsive i.e. in PCOS, then this "normal" level of hormone may not be sufficient to trigger rupture of the ovarian follice and cause ovulation.

Also the kit detects the start of the surge which it is assumed will continues to rise to provoke ovulation. If this rise is not continued or the peak level is not enough to provoke follicular rupture, then no egg is released, and there will have been no ovulation.

One of the classical reasons for a failure to ovulate after the observed start of the LH surge is stress!!! Having to make love in response to a kit result saying "go for it" can be so stressful, - will my parents go home in time?; will he come home from the pub early enough and sober enough?; will the children settle to asleep and give us some time to do it ?; am I in the mood for love tonight, anyway?

Such stresses can impede the rise in the LH ( and the quality of "his" semen specimen) and ensure that ovulation does not occur, despite the tantalising blue line in the kit.

You need to establish, by independent and scientific means, that you ARE ovulating; and that this is GOOD ovulation (ie a good luteal phase with a high progesterone and a normal prolactin) ; and also work out "ABOUT" when you are ovulating; - and then make love 2-4 times in the week around ovulation. Never mind trying to find the magic day. THERE IS NO MAGIC DAY. - Sperm will last 2-4 days, the cervix is open 2-3 days, and the egg is viable for about 2 days. so GO FOR IT OVER A FEW DAYS.

Sorry to be so pedantic - but making love, randomly and wildly, when you're in the mood, gets far more pregnancies than having intercourse when the kit says so.

Paul

Come on over to the clomid chicks chatter thread as well CLOMID CHICKS!

:goodluck:

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Wednesday, September 24th 2008, 3:30pm

thanks bubble xxx

Saturday, September 27th 2008, 2:57pm

Ovulation, - confused

Hi everyone!

Ive recently been given clomid by my DR - to take 50mg, day2-6 on my next cycle as my AF is so irregular and thats given me probs with ovulation (anovulation)

Before i start clomid - this month i had a regular AF :-) plus positive OPK'S, creamy cm, high open cervix and yday - had watery, clear, eggwhitish cm!!!!

Does this mean that there is a chance i could have ov'd yday - my temo on thurs was 36.16 and this morning 36.40!

Can i ov on some cycles even if i have had annov ones ???

My dr sayd i must do a PG test before AF shows and before i take clomid - just in case.

Ive been monitoring Cervix, cm and using opk's this week - just in case. BD'd on monday and yday (if it looks like i ov'd??) and BD again on sunday now! lol

What do you luvvly peeps think???

Look forward to some feedback

G/L everyone TTC xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, September 27th 2008, 5:48pm

Hi

I have merged your new thread into your existing one as it concerns virtually the same issue. As I mentioned above it is possible to ovulate some months and not others and if you were tested on the months you weren't ovulating then it is perfectly possible that you are ovulating now. Although I haven't temped myself it is possible that you have ovulated and your signs sound hopeful. The only way of knowing for certain whether you have ovulated is by a blood test.
:goodluck:

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE