You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 15 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosh75" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2008

Children: Hopefully!

Friday, September 19th 2008, 5:06pm

Whats next with ICSI IVF?

Hey lovely ladies

DH got his second SA results and there has been no improvement so we have been told we need a referral for IVF.

We are going on hols tomorrow so can't get to the docs and i just wondered what was next?

What will our GP do, what will the fertility clinic/NHS do? I guess we are wondering about timescales.

Also, anyone know what the BMI should be - think it is 30 but not sure?

Thanks in advance and hope you are all well x x

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Friday, September 19th 2008, 5:54pm

Hi hon,

It's a bit hard to answer your questions as every pct is different ! Most likely you will be referred to the fertility clinic who will inform you of the next step, i.e waiting times and NHS funding ect. I do know that most pct's would like to see BMI under 30.

I hope you get all your answers soon.

Good luck.

Big :hugs:
Emy

:xxx3:

Peppa

Friday, September 19th 2008, 6:03pm

Hi Rosh
Sorry there was no improvement with your dh's SA :sadface: can i ask where you had this done, was it a private clinic or at your local hospital? The reason i ask is that if it was on the nhs then could that department not make the referral for you?
It does depend on what pct you are under but i'm in south west london and here the waiting time for IVF is currently two and a half years. This may be lower where you are though.
Unfortunately i can't help you with your BMI question but i'm sure that someone who knows will be along soon.

ICSI May 08 - BFP
Our beautiful baby girl was born February 2009
Jan 2010 natural BFP M/C 9 weeks
May 2011 - BFP
Baby boy born Jan 2012

Reg: Oct 10th 2005

Friday, September 19th 2008, 6:56pm

Hi Rosh
Sorry to hear about your latest SA. In Wales everyone gets one free shot of IVF on the NHS. There is certains criteria that needs to be met and one is that your BMI is under 30.
Although when I had my 1st ISCI on the NHS my BMI was about 32, and apart from the nurses jotting my weight down, noone mentioned it.

Good luck hunni xx

Me 39, DH 39 ICSI Nov '06 BFP

FET Dec '10 - ET Dec 16th - Test Day 31/12/10

• "Rosh75" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2008

Children: Hopefully!

Friday, September 19th 2008, 8:39pm

Well thank god i got a start on the weightloss!!!

We live under Kingston Upon Thames - other halves doc said 1-2 years waiting.

We need a referral from my GP as other half is with a different doctor and apparently it needs to go through the female's GP for a referral.

hey ho! Let the journey begin - thank heavens for the south of france.... lets just hope the Eurostar gets us there okay!! :snigger:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 15 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE