You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Westsider3" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little girls!

Monday, September 15th 2008, 9:10pm

day 12 scan

Hi

I had my day 12 scan today. An abdominal one again. It showed 2 follicles on my right ovary, one measuring 14mm and the other 15mm. She also said the lining of my uterus was better this month, it was 4mm thick (?). Anyone know what the optimum thickness should be?

Considering that last month on 50mg I had no follicles to talk about I am feeling quite positive and pleased tonight. Hubbie has just showered and we are planning an early night!!

How does this compare to other people's day 12 scans? The lady who scanned me seemed quite positive but I would like to know was she positive for my sake and it is still not looking too hopeful. Do the follicles have to get to a certain size before they pop or does everyone's vary?

I was full of questions today and got loads of good info but I'd still like to know how this compares to other people's scan results. I know that info won't make me pregnant but I'd like to be realistic for this month as right now I'm so excited again!

x W x

[zx160]I love my gorgeous girlies!
They are my whole world![zx160]

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 9:40am

I had one follicle of 18mm but can't remember my lining and it did work :)

Your follicles are mature from 18mm they "normaly" grow 2mm per day and pop somewhere between 18 and upwards. I can't remember for how long size wise they are mature.

Are you doing ovulation tests to check for LH surge?
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 4:56pm

My day 10/11/12 scans all had dif size follies depending on how I was responding. The follie needs to be over 20mm to pop on its own (usually at about 22 or so) but if you are using a trigger injection then they would give it at 18mm or more.
Optimum lining would be over 6mm. Don't worry you have time for it to thicken up a bit more before your follie pops.
If your follie follows "average" growth pattern then it will pop in 4 to 6 days time I would guess. Will you be having any further scans?

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rene" (Sep 16th 2008, 4:59pm)

• "Westsider3" started this thread

Reg: Aug 10th 2008

Children: 2 gorgeous little girls!

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 7:49pm

Hi Torisen and Rene

Thank you for answering my questions! I am so excited I feel like a kid again myself!!!

I haven't got any ovulation tests as i thought you couldn't really get an accurate result with them when on clomid? And I won't be having any more scans. I am getting my bloods done on day 21 and hoprfully they'll come back with a positive ovulation result!

Planning lots of early nights and fun!! Feels so worthwhile now that I know I might ovulate this month!!!!!!! just can't wait.

Hope life is being kind to you girlies too!

x L x

[zx160]I love my gorgeous girlies!
They are my whole world![zx160]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE