You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Miracle1

• "Miracle1" started this thread

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: Three gorgeous nephews and 1 furbaby

Monday, September 15th 2008, 7:29pm

DH referred to Urologist - advice please

I was just wondering if anyone else's DH has been referred to a Urologist.

Today was the day I went to see the gynacologist. What a waste of time. My DH has low motility etc and my doctor said he needed to refer me to the gynacologist as well for tests. Anyway to cut a long story short the gynacologist told me today that it was a waste of time my doctor referring me to them as I had tests 4 years ago and everything was fine then and the problems we are experiencing are because of my husbands sperm. So I spent a couple of hours at the hospital for nothing only to be told to go back to my doctors so that they can refer me straight to the fertililty clinic. I went straight to my doctors and luckily they saw me (and my DH) this afternoon. The doctor had to ring his secretary to see who he needed to send us to (he hadnt a clue) and she told him that my DH needs to be seen by a urologist.

I feel like we are being sent from one place to another without anyone knowing where we should really be going. It seems like if it was me with the problem they know where to send me but with it being my DH they havent a clue.

Anyway my hubbie is now being referred to a urologist and I was wondering if anyone elses hubbie has been referred and what can we expect when we eventually get an appointment.

I am 40 now and I just want to be seen by the right person.

Sorry for going on a bit but I am getting more anxious by the day.

Thanks for listening.
Miracle1

bigkiss

Me (41) DH (39) (male factor)
TTC - 10 yrs, conceived naturally in 2002, M/C @ 6 wks :tears:
Enquired about adoption - but not for us
:angel2: for a natural miracle one day xfingers

[zx022]

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, September 15th 2008, 7:59pm

Hi Miracle1, I'm so sorry you've been from pillar to post trying to find out who to see about this but if you know your DH has a low count then maybe seeing a Urologist would be useful just as a one off appointment before going to a fertility clinic? I guess that's what your doctor is thinking. My DH saw a Urologist about his count too and they do suggest some ways of improving sperm quality (taking selenium and zinc tablets). If you were fine 4 years ago then I guess the count is the reason why you haven't been conceiving. I hope that you get to the fertility clinic soon though so you can start with the most appropriate tx for you.

good luck and babydust for you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: Max born March 07 - thanks to frozen embryo transfer, our little miracle

Monday, September 15th 2008, 8:09pm

My dh was sent to one too. They basically did an examination then ultrasound of his bits! It showed a vaircocele and he had an op to have it sorted.

Let us know how he gets on x

5 x ICSI b.f.n
1 x FET resulting in my gorgeous son born 2007

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Monday, September 15th 2008, 9:15pm

Hi miracle,

I just wanted to echo what the girls have said and wish you good luck x

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Miracle1

• "Miracle1" started this thread

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: Three gorgeous nephews and 1 furbaby

Friday, September 26th 2008, 11:34am

Urologist Appointment - 20.10.08

Just received an appointment for my DH to see the urologist at the local hospital. He has low motility and morphology (count is fine apparently). I was just wondering if by going to see a urologist would he/she be able to correct anything if they find anything wrong or whether I am building my hopes up that if there is anything physical wrong they can correct it and his sperm will be normal.

Does anyone know if this has happened to anyone or once his motility and morphology are low there is no real way of improving it significantly.

I think I am just clutching at straws at the moment.

Any help would be appreciated
Miracle1

bigkiss

Me (41) DH (39) (male factor)
TTC - 10 yrs, conceived naturally in 2002, M/C @ 6 wks :tears:
Enquired about adoption - but not for us
:angel2: for a natural miracle one day xfingers

[zx022]

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE