You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "ellie1982" started this thread

Monday, August 25th 2008, 12:56pm

Just a quick question - how soon can I test?

Hello everyone,

Just a quick question really (probably another silly one too lol)
I have just finished my first cycle of clomid, had my 10 day scan on Friday that showed all had gone really well so far, having another scan tomorrow and was wondering if everything is ok and they say i can go BD then how soon after can i test to see if i have a BFN or a BFP? I should probably know all this but i have never really had to know until now lol.
Also do i buy a pregnancy test to do at home or does my GP do a blood test?
I feel i have learnt it all reading hundreds of threads on here then the minute i think i am ok i think of something else to ask you ladies.

Any info welcome!!

Thanks everyone babydust to you all!!

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:38pm

Hi ya Chick,

You can test 14 days after you've ovulated to get an accurate result. Hope that helps?
Good luck with your 2nd scan tomorrow, I hope it brings good news xfingers

All the best, take care,

x

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

• "ellie1982" started this thread

Monday, August 25th 2008, 1:51pm

Hi fairy,

Thanks hun, that's great.

hope your well hun.

XOX

bubble

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 10:29pm

And no testing early :D

I know its really really hard but it is better than the anguish of getting a bfn and questioning whether you tested too early or not.

Ideally you could wait and see if your AF arrives and if its a week or so late then test. I managed this on a couple of my clomid cycles. It depends what you think will be tougher - getting a bfn or seeing your AF unexpectedly.

BUT of course it may very well be positive :goodluck:

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE