You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Moonshine" started this thread

Reg: Jul 3rd 2008

Children: 2 beautiful twin daughters :)

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 5:11pm

Bristol Centre for Reproductive Medicine

Does anyone have any experience of the Bristol clinic? This is where I am being referred and wondered if anyone could enlighten me! :D

Moonshine

maddie75

Reg: Jul 12th 2008

Children: BCRM

Saturday, September 6th 2008, 6:52pm

I don't know much about the clinic but I too am being referred there in the next few months for my 1st IVF/ICSI. We might even bump into one another :D
Maddie xxx

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 2:04pm

Hi Maddie - we're being referred in the next few months too for our first IVF/ICSI.

Our consultant told us we'll be invited to an open evening with other couples who've been referred - it would be great to bump into each other :D

Moonshine

maddie75

Wednesday, September 10th 2008, 3:33pm

Our consultant didn't mention this to us but that would be great. However evenings may be difficult for us as we work shifts.

Just had my blood tests done on Monday at local doctors for rubella,HIV,blood group etc and I'm hoping the consultant will get these next Monday so fingers crossed it shouldn't be much longer now. :D
Maddie xxx

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 2:14pm

Our consultant said there'd be plenty of opportunitites to be shown around the clinic, they hold open evenings regularly so you might be able to squeeze one in :D

I had my bloods done on Tuesday! So hopefully we'll both be hearing soon xfingers

Moonshine

Friday, October 24th 2008, 10:10pm

Well, it all happened sooner than anticipated! I've been already for my initial appointment at Bristol where we saw Dr Kalisman - we found him very professional with an added sense of humour which immediately put us at ease!

I have to say, first impressions were very good. The centre's success rates are very impressive and there was such a lovely relaxed atmosphere. All of the staff we saw were walking around with big smiles on their faces - which I find makes a huge difference :D

I was also pleased with the amount of literature they sent us through the post. I'm now waiting to hear from our named nurse who will be our main point of contact throughout our treatment.

Have you heard anything yet Maddie?

Moonshine

maddie75

Monday, October 27th 2008, 8:58pm

Hi Moonshine - That's great news I'm so pleased for you but I'm afraid we have not heard anything.
I did call our local hospital to chase them up a few weeks back and they said "oh we are just doing your referal letter today". It has been the same story the whole way through since we 1st went to the doctors at the begining of February to say that we were ready to be refered for treatment. How long has it taken you to get where you are now, because 10 months seems a real long time (plus we are going to have to pay for our treatment). I think I might have to get back on that phone and do a bit more chasing. I'm a little worried because I know the clinic closes for 2 weeks at christmas so it would of been nice to start treatment before rather then wait until the new year.
Anyway I wish you the best of luck, keep me updated.
Maddie xxx

Monday, October 27th 2008, 9:27pm

Hi Maddie - sorry to hear you've not heard yet, sounds like your hospital is being very slow, I'd keep nagging if I were you.

I saw my consultant on 31st July, 3 weeks later I had a letter from her requesting pre-screening blood tests for both DH and me, I managed to get these done two weeks after the letter. The results took a week to get back to the consultants secretary and she wrote the referral letter straight away. I had a letter from Bristol with an appointment for 17th October which was the following week. So all in all it was 11 weeks from the decision to be referred to having the appointment.

I'm now just waiting for a letter for a planning appointment with a named nurse, which they said I'd receive within 3 weeks. There is no waiting list there at the moment. I was hoping to get finished before Christmes but December is my 30th, DH's birthday and of course Christmas and I wouldn't want to be on a 2ww or get a BFN whilst having to put a brave face on it!

Keep nagging your hospital and let me know how you get on :D

Moonshine

maddie75

Saturday, November 1st 2008, 2:30pm

:happy: I finally feel like we are getting somewhere, instead of nagging the hospital I thought I would call the Clinic direct to make sure the hospital have actually done the referal like they said they had. Well the good news is they have and the clinic received the letter last week and said we should be hearing from them very soon happydance.

I'm still left feeling a little angry though because the hospital informed me they did it nearly 6 weeks ago and the clinic advised me otherwise, it really made be mad :cross:. The hospital has delayed the whole process all along but I guess theres no point dwelling on it now just looking forward to our 1st appointment, we have waited so long for it.

Maybe it is a good thing if we don't start treatment until the new year because like you I have got my 33rd birthday the end of next month and christmas is a kinda stressful time in itself.

I'll let you know when I hear from the clinic....
Maddie xxx

Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 3:25pm

Great news Maddie - better late than never!

I got a letter today from the consultant I saw for the initial appointment (2 weeks and 2 days after). The letter contained the outcome of the meeting and a treatment request form which I had to fill in with my name and address, circle the treatment I'm to have and send it to the planning nurses. I didn't expect that, but I guess it's just in case we or the clinic changed our minds!

So, now once the nurses receive that they will send me an appointment for the next available planning slot. So it's still touch and go for me if it's to happen before/during the Christmas period!

It's likely that you'll be starting tx safely after Xmas which is definately a good thing!

Hope your appointment comes soon :xxx:

Moonshine

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: One beautiful baby girl born on Christmas Day 2010

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 9:02pm

Hello,
I am new to this site but have just stumbled across this page. Myself and DH are also having treatment at Southmead. Our first appointment was in July last year, and after many sperm tests and blood tests, we went back in Dec 5th 08 for DH to have another sperm sample taken and I had an internal, they said that we were ready for the next stage. I was just about to call them today to see when the 'next stage' would be and in popped a letter thru the door saying our appt is the 23rd Feb!! This is to see the extended planning nurse, am I right in presumming she will go through the treatment plan with us? We are having this one free as its our first time, but i was reading that we have to pay for the drugs is that right? I am really scared about the forthcoming treatment, but just want it to happen now. All this waiting around is making me feel 'in limbo'. :sadface:

Do you know roughly how long we will have to wait untill we actually start the treatment? My period came on the 22.01.09 so if its the same time this month, doesnt that mean that I will have to wait untill March's cycle to start?

Sorry for all of the questions! :O
Me (33) DH (34) LSC 2 x ICSI and 1 FET (09) - all BFN's!
ICSI MAR/APRIL 10 - BFP!!!! :happy: First scan 11/05 - saw the [zx076]
Dating scan 15/06/10 - Our gorgeous baby girl arrived on Christmas Day 2010 xx

Reg: May 22nd 2008

Children: soon.....fingers crossed

Friday, February 6th 2009, 8:48am

:hello:hi there livinginhope
i hope i can help as i too am having treatment at bcrm at the mo. I think you are right in thinking that you will be going thru your treatment with the nurse, she will show you how to inject and go thru your dates. :happy:The good news is if its your first go i dont think you will be paying for your drugs although i cant say for sure,everyones different, it all depends if your pct is funding the cycle. Are you under the somerset pct?? Also if your appt is the 23 and you are due on the 22ish of feb then theres a chance you will be having treatment in feb as you start taking drugs on your ninethenth day of your cycle, depending on which treatment you are having. it all depends if the clinic has a space for you hun and what type of treatment you going to be taking.
I hope i have helped you, i can only go on what happened to me, it maybe different for you but if you have any more questions please feel free to pm me. it would be nice to chat to someone whos going to the same place :D
good luck and fingers crossed for you hun blowkiss
[SIZE=7]IVF 08 - BFN
IVF 09 BFP m/c ;(
FET 09 - BFN
IVF 2010 xfingers
[/SIZE]

Crackers
:xxx:

Monday, February 16th 2009, 9:59pm

Hi livinginhope and crackers :D

It's nice to meet others who are using Bristol - there aren't many of us!

livinginhope:
If you are NHS funded, you shouldn't have to pay for any drugs - the literature they send out is for both private and NHS patients and it mentions something about costs in there (I was a bit confused myself by that one!)

I had my planning appointment at the beginning of December and was due my period on the 5th Dec - I phoned the day it arrived and I had a choice of whether to start the treatment that month, or to wait until the month after. They are pretty flexible about dates.

Once you decide and your period has started, your named nurse will order your drugs and they will be delivered to you via a drug company. The company will phone you to arrange a suitable time to deliver as there's one jab that needs to be put in the fridge straight away. (your drugs are also delivered with a sharps box, syringes etc - made me feel like a junkie to be :snigger:)

As crackers said you'll start your drugs on day 19 of your cycle to down register your natural hormones - I had noresthisterone tablets to take for 7 days which started day 19, then on day 21 I had busrelin spray to take 4 times a day. 2 weeks after you started your spray you'll have a blood test done to check your hormones are being suppressed enough - if they are you start your stimulation injections the week after that, if not you continue with your spray for longer. A week into your jabs you'll go in for your first internal scan to check your follicles are growing. They usually do 2 scans per week, unless you are showing signs of over simulating - in which case it'll be more often.

Hope this info helps!! My experience at Bristol really has been excellent - the nurses are all fantastic and always at the end of the phone if you need them. If they're not booked up you may be able to start in Feb, if not, it'll be March. I'm starting again in March as I over-responded the first time round so never made it as far as egg collection!

Wishing you both lots of luck with your treatment :xxx3:

Moonshine

Lisa79

Reg: Jan 16th 2009

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 3:48pm

Hi there,

Just wanted to say hi on here as I shall be starting ICSI at BCRM in March.

Best wishes to all,

Lisa xx

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 4:34pm

Hi there moonshine and lisa, lovely to hear from you and great that someone else is also having treatment at BCRM. there dosnt seem to be alot of us. This is my 2nd cycle of treatment with them and i have found them really good so far. Ive just started my injections to d/r so my rollercoaster journey has just started. Fingers crossed for you both I really hope it works for you. feel free to pm me, it would be good to have a natter. Take care blowkiss
[SIZE=7]IVF 08 - BFN
IVF 09 BFP m/c ;(
FET 09 - BFN
IVF 2010 xfingers
[/SIZE]

Crackers

maddie75

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 6:46pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck with their treatment :goodluck:

I'm currently having ICSI at Bristol too. I just had my blood test yesterday after being on Buserelin spray for 14 days,so hopefully should start injections next week (not looking forward to that bit).

Moonshine - Just wanted to say how sorry I was to read that your 1st attempt wasn't sucessful but wish you all the best for March.

Perhaps we will all bump into one another one day xxx
Maddie xxx

Lisa79

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 6:58pm

Thanks crackers & maddie for your kind wishes, hope that we are all successful xx

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 9:07pm

Hi Lisa - best of luck with your treatment! :D Is it your first attempt?

Maddie - great to hear you've finally started! Don't worry too much about the jabs about 99% of the ladies here seem to find them easy and painless. I'm extremely needle phobic so don't listen to anything I say about it :P
My treatment was a little too successful - which is why it was abandoned a few days before egg collection. My ovaries surprised everyone :snigger: Lower dose next time so hopefully I'll get to the end!

Good luck with your jabs crackers :D

:xxx3:

Moonshine

Lisa79

Friday, February 20th 2009, 4:17pm

Thanks Moonshine, this will be my 2nd attempt. I did get pregnant with twins on my 1st attempt last year, but sadly I lost my baby girl and boy when I went into labour at 22 weeks of pregnancy. It has been truely heartbreaking and always will be, but I am positive and excited about this treatment cycle x

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 12:33pm

Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your twins Lisa, that must have been absolutely devastating. I'm pleased your feeling positive about this treatment cycle and I wish you lots of luck :xxx:

Moonshine

MrsW

Ace

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 3:42pm

:hello:

I just wanted to say Hi and wish you luck. I'm having treatment at the Bristol clinic and they have been wonderful, such helpful friendly people.

Good luck to all of you. :xxx3:

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 9:28pm

Hello everyone,
I am also a newie and myself and my dh are having our first cycle at BCRM. Our extended planning appointment is tommorow and I am hopeing that I can start the treatment this month.

I really wish everyone the best and hope that we all have a healthy bump soon. :happy:

xxx

Sunday, February 22nd 2009, 9:36pm

Lisa 79, I am so sorry to hear that you lost your babies, but you have tremendous courage and all the best wishes for this cycle.

xxxx

Lisa79

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 5:47pm

Thank you livinginhope, best wishes to you too xx

Hi MrsW and good luck with your treatment, I agree they are all so helpful at BCRM xx

Only a week til I start the drugs, counting down the days!!

Tuesday, February 24th 2009, 7:48am

lisa 79 im so sorry to hear about your loss hun :heart: im pleased you sound so positive about your next cycle.

Good luck to you all, im due to start my stimms next week, all being well, fingers crossed for us all :goodluck:
[SIZE=7]IVF 08 - BFN
IVF 09 BFP m/c ;(
FET 09 - BFN
IVF 2010 xfingers
[/SIZE]

Crackers

Monday, March 2nd 2009, 7:59pm

Hello ladies,
I hope you all had a lovely weekend and enjoyed the sunshine :smile: :smile: :smile:.
Lisa 79 - I start the tablets next Monday is that when you do also? We are having them delivered to us on Wednesday which is exciting but I am a bit nervous at the same time, which i am sure is normal right?

I have been reading posts from this and another forum that I have joined (Repromed) and people have been going on about hot flushes. They sound awful! I wonder, do you get any pre-warning about them or are you one minute fine and the next a sweaty betty?

I am thinking about having accupuncture as its meant to increase the chances of conception whilst on IVF/ICSI, just wondering if anyone has used a practice in Fishponds/ Staplehill/Downend which they can recommend please.

Thanks xxxx

Wednesday, March 4th 2009, 4:19pm

Livinginhope - Good luck for starting your tablets next Monday :D Symptoms are different in everybody hun, so it's a case of wait and see if you get hot flushes!

I got stinking headaches for a couple of days and I found I was really hot during the night (very unlike me!) but that continued as it's also a side effect of the spray. But, I have to say, the side effects really weren't as bad as I thought they would be - I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. I scared myself reading all the information leaflets that come with the drugs :snigger:

I've found a link to a website of an acupuncturist who specialises in fertility issues in Staple Hill - type bristol fertility solutions into google and you'll see the website.

Moonshine

Thursday, March 5th 2009, 4:23pm

Hi Moonshine,
Thats the site I was looking at, I just wondered if anyone had been to her or heard anything good about her?

Thanks for your well wishings, I am really not looking forward to the side-effects, as some of the posts have got me awfully worried that I will be really ill. I know it will be worth it though if i get a BFP.

How are things with you? I see you start your second cycle soon, the best of luck to you.
xxx

Olivia

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Monday, March 16th 2009, 6:07pm

Hello

I have just joined Fertilityzone and am very pleased to find a Bristol / south west thread. I am having IUI with Menopur at St Michael's Hospital. Has anyone had any experience of IUI at this hospital? I am due to go for an initial chat with the nurses on the 8th April. Do I start treatment after this meeting (I have been told I will be using a drug to bring on a period)?

Olivia
Olivia

MrsW

Ace

Monday, March 16th 2009, 6:39pm

Hi Olivia,

Welcome to FZ

I go to the St Michaels hospital, they are amazing Sue & Marcia are the main Nurses there and they are both so friendly and helpful.

I think it depends if you are down regulated or not, I was down regulated for one attempt but my hormone levels were too high so that cycle was cancelled. I now go to the hospital when my AF arrives. They will give you all the information you need.

Good luck. x

Still with hope.

My Diary

Pingu

Reg: Mar 21st 2009

Children: St Michaels

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 6:16pm

St Michaels

Hi Olivia

I just started Ovulation Induction with Menopur at St Michaels Hospital. We started our treatment about a month after meeting the nurse for a chat, basically had to call the hospital on first day of my period and then they booked me in on that day. I'm new to this too and am on my 1st cycle of ovulation induction.

Good luck and nice to find someone else at St Michaels too.

Take Care

JoW

Olivia

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 9:32pm

Hello Clair and Jo

It was lovely to get a response from both of you - it makes this journey less lonely. Which consultant are you seeing? Were you both tested exhaustively to find out why you have not yet conceived? I feel a bit concerned that they haven't really explored why my cycle is so irregular.

Do you have any tips about things you have done to support IUI? At the moment I am doing acupuncture and have taken a load of supplements through an organisation called Foresite preconception.

I hope your next IUI goes well for both of you.

Olivia
Olivia

Pingu

Reg: Mar 21st 2009

Children: St Michaels

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 10:19pm

Hello Olivia

I agree it is good to find other people who are going through the same thing. I am lucky to have supportive friends and family but it's good to talk through all the questions you have with people who are going through the same thing.

I have endometriosis and after trying for about a year and a half to conceive my endo symtoms got worse so was advised by my consultant to start fertility treatment. Our consultant is Mr Cahill and he's been great and i trust his advice, also the nurses there are really good and if you have any worries you could talk these through at your induction with them.

I'm taking one multivitamin supplement and am going to see a reflexologist for the 1st time tomorrow so will let you know how I get on...

Take Care

Jox

MrsW

Ace

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 10:32pm

Hi Oliva,

Sorry I cannot confirm who my consultant is because the lady we were seeing left some time ago, we haven't yet met our new consultant, we have been going to the hospital for around 2 and a half years now, i cannot beleive that it is as long as that, we had all the tests done, and the conclusion was unexplained infertility, which I look at in two ways 1) there isn't anything seriously wrong with either of us and 2) i get really frustrated because there is no 'fix' !

I have been undergoing IUI for some time now, cycles cancelled due to different circumstances, which has been very frustrating. The nurses who i have been seeing are sue & Marica, they are lovely women, but I haven't had all that much contact from any doctors for quite some time. I have had IUI twice now, my AF arrived this afternoon, therefore i am going to visit the hospital in the morning instead of calling them to inform them IUI wasn't sucessful, because i want to get onto the 3rd IUI asap, and whilst this is on going to have an appointment with anther doctor.

I hope this helps, if you got any questions please just drop me a PM.
I don't really have any tips as such, the women on the IUI chatter are amazing, they will advise you to drink lots of milk and water .. for your follies. My advise is to try to stay relaxed as possible during the whole process and 2WW, this I find quite difficult because i can never relax !

I am hoping to book a consultation for Acupunture this week, i have never has this but have been recommended, how do you find it ?

Still with hope.

My Diary

Olivia

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 8:35pm

Hello Jo and Clair

Jo - I also see Mr Cahill. He really is a lovely man. I was seeing Dr Miniole (did you have this doctor Clair?).

Clair - I too am amazed how much time has passed since first seeing a consultant. I suppose the time lag between appointments and treatments all adds up. I'm sorry to hear that your latest IUI was unsuccessful and I hope that your wish for a speedy third IUI is granted.

I have been seeing an acupuncturist for 6 months and think she is brilliant. I feel very well having done so much acupuncture and it has massively reduced the amount of migranes I get. In combination with acupuncture I also saw a lady in axbridge who is a phisiotherapist and has trained in something called viseral manipulation, a technique developed by an osteopath called Jean pierre Barrel. I found the treatment I had with her very good.

I too find it hard to relax knowing that my chances of conceiving maybe effected by my stress levels. I think acupuncture can help with this.

When they investigated your fertility what tests did you both have?

Olivia
Olivia

Addy

Ace

Reg: Nov 6th 2006

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:01pm

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on this thread before as I'd never had treatment at this clinic, but I've just finished my first cycle here so I thought I'd just say a little bit about the clinic. I must say that I was surprised at how good they were during the actual treatment and I've come away with generally good thoughts about them. By the way, I'm currently in the 2WW and have my OTD on Saturday 4th July. I'm likely to be testing later than that however, unless I get my period before then.

I'd never had treatment there before and my previous 2 cycles were at Hausken in Norway. The treatment was fairly similar, though I was restricted at BCRM as it was a funded cycle and there's no choice of drugs; it's the cheapest and that's it. Before, I'd been on Puregon whereas Bristol was Menopur. The day of egg collection and transfer, they were excellent. I couldn't fault them at all and they were always really caring and informative. The nurses were great and the whole process was explained to us as we went through. The only grumble I had was it was so difficult for us to get any info on my hubby's sample. This was a real worry for us as in his SA in February, he only had 20 individual motile sperms so we needed to put our minds at rest that his sample was good. We got the info in the end though.

I would recommend Bristol if you were able to afford a treatment there, but it is very expensive, probably comparable to other British clinics though. Their success rates are excellent though and that's encouraging. I just hope we get a BFP, though I'm not holding out hope as my embryos weren't the best quality.

Just want to congratulate you Moonshine on your twins....what excellent news!

To everyone else, best of luck with your IUI's and IVF's.

Addy
xxxx
Me-33 DH-40
2 boys from ICSI
Donor cycle Mar '11 - 3 recipients (2 x BFP (both with twins) 1 x BFN)

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 8:37pm

Hi Addy,

I'm really pleased to hear you have had a good experience at the Bristol clinic - the staff there were so friendly I think it really helped make a difficult experience a lot easier.

Wishing you lots of luck for your test, there have been plenty of ladies who have achieved BFP's with embryos that haven't been top grade so there is still plenty of hope for you :D Let us know the result!

Moonshine

Addy

Ace

Monday, June 29th 2009, 9:45pm

Thanks Moonshine,

I will let you know. I'm due to be testing on Saturday, though I'm going to try to hold out if I don't get AF. It's due this Thursday, but I know that the pessaries hold if off sometimes for up to 4 days. I finish those on Friday, so I'm hoping to hold out until Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Will just have to see! Will let you know in any case.

How are your twins doing? Are you showing yet?

Addy
xxxx
Me-33 DH-40
2 boys from ICSI

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 9:43pm

Hi Addy,

I shared your theory of testing too - I was just happy to let nature take it's course and thought it would be easier to wait for AF than be faced with a negative pregnancy test. There's some weird psychology! In actual fact I had such crippling AF pains the a few days before test day I was sure it was all over and found just one day on knickerwatch to be far too much :snigger: I was so glad I out myself out of my misery in the end!!

I'd get your test bought and waiting just in case :P

No I'm not showing yet (my mum said she could see a slight bump, but it's just flab :snigger:) In fact, I'm looking quite trim after all my puking :D

Will be thinking about you on Saturday (and beyond :D)

Moonshine

Addy

Ace

Sunday, July 5th 2009, 6:23pm

Hi Moonshine,

As you can see from my signature, it was a :BFP: for us. We're completely shocked but naturally over the moon. Am much more cautious this time though after what happened before. Don't feel as though I can celebrate until the 7 week scan shows a heartbeat. I just can't wait until that's over. I'm not worried whether it's one or two. I can't ever imagine it being 2 after our quality not being that great. To just get one would be amazing. Will let you know how it goes anyway.

Hope you're well and hope the pregnancy becomes less sicky!

Addy
xxxx
Me-33 DH-40
2 boys from ICSI

MrsW

Ace

Friday, July 17th 2009, 2:02pm

Hi All,
I haven't posted for some time, wanted some time away from it to be honest. We have had our Consultation at BRCM, an i am starting Norethisterone tomorrow, and the Buerelin on monday. I am feeling very positive about having IVF. I have also started acupunture although I have only had treatments twice.

I can see from the posts that there are 2 BFP's .. Congratulations Moonshine & Addy, that really is brilliant news. I hope we are as succesful.

Clair x

Still with hope.

My Diary

Friday, July 17th 2009, 4:46pm

Hi Clair - best of luck with the IVF - I hope you are as successful too :D
Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions x

And a big congrats to Addy :D

Moonshine

sadie

Star

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: One on the way!!

Friday, July 24th 2009, 10:58am

Hi everyone

Hope I am in the right place. ?( I have got an appointment on the 18th August to discuss IVF treatment. Just keen to hear from anyone else being treated by Bristol. xxx

Clomid - 6 months - all BFN , one blocked tube and hormonal problems

IVF- Feb 2010 - :BFP: bab21

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "sadie" (Jul 24th 2009, 10:59am)

Friday, July 24th 2009, 11:31am

Hi Sadie - I'm not being treated but I've recently finished there.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask - it's so nerve-racking at the beginning! I've got nothing but praise for the clinic, it's a nice relaxed environment to be in (and they even supply free drinks, biscuits and a TV in the waiting room :D )

Moonshine

sadie

Star

Friday, July 24th 2009, 7:34pm

Hi Moonshine

I noticed you have a BFP - Congratulations. What are the success rates like - have they changed since Dec 2007 (last web entry) and how long is the waiting list (we are self funded).How many appointments did you have before you started your treatment? Sorry for all the questions I am just a bit nervous and impatient. :happy:

Friday, July 24th 2009, 8:55pm

Hi Sadie,

As far as I know the success rates are 40% although this is affected by individual circumstances. These rates are really good and above average in the country.

There was no waiting list at all a few months ago. I was lucky enough to be NHS funded and after attending the initial consultation on 17th Oct I started taking the drugs on Christmas day. The delay was due to DH needing to provide a sperm sample which needed an appointment slot, then us going for an appointment to meet our named nurse (where we had a lesson on all the drugs and timings) then me wating for day 19 of my next cycle to start the drugs. They seem pretty flexible with start dates and actually asked when I would like to start.

To be realistic and bearing the above in mind if you decide to go ahead with IVF you'd probably start around October. The waiting can seem endless at the beginning but once you start it does go really quickly.

My only bit of advice would be to get to the hospital in plenty of time as the parking can be a bit of a mare - it's also pay and display. Once your on treatment and attending regular scans you can be visiting two or three times a week so the cost does mount up.

Moonshine

sadie

Star

Friday, July 24th 2009, 9:17pm

Thanks ever so much for the advice as I am getting quite impatient now. Now waiting for the relevant forms to fill in and will get Dh to do a semen sample as requested by the clinic. Will let you know how I get on. Keep in touch. All the best with the twins. :smile:

joscrivs

Reg: Nov 22nd 2009

Tuesday, November 24th 2009, 6:28am

Hi girls my name is jo and i am at the mo trying to raise the funds for another go at icsi, we went to chelsfield in kent the first time but dh wants us to go to bristol this time as we live in stroud which is only 30 miles from bristol do any of you know how much it is to go to bristol,
I am 41 in march do you know that thier sucess rates are for my age.
Well done on all your BFP and good luck to anyone starting.
JO.x.x.x.x.

Wednesday, November 25th 2009, 8:26am

Hi Jo,

A big welcome to FZ :D

There's a list of up to date costs and success rates for this year on their website: http://www.repromed.co.uk/ **Site not endorsed by FZ**

They do hold open evenings there too for people to go and have a look around and ask any questions, and the receptionists are all really lovely too if you ever phone them for info.

As you're new to FZ, I'd recommend popping along and introducing yourself in the Newbie board: CALLING ALL NEWBIES it's a great way of "meeting" others as you could get overlooked in this thread.

There's also an interesting thread here for ladies over the age of 38 which you may find helpful: Anyone over 38 and trying for their first??

Wishing you lots of luck Jo :xxx3:

Moonshine

sadie

Star

Wednesday, November 25th 2009, 5:31pm

Hi Jo

I am due to start tx in Jan at Bristol. We were orginally suppose to start back in sept/oct but due to the fact that i had a hydro etc we had to delay until after xmas. I am having to self fund too as DH already has a child, but even though we had a breakdown of costs not sure how much it will be overall. On the website that moonshine mentions there is a cost sheet I think! If not you will get sent one with your initial pack of information.

I have been very impressed with Bristol as they have been very professional and sensitive to our situation. I have seen the consultant twice due to the hydro problem on my tube and a womb lining problem and we had our planning appointment with the nurse just over 2 weeks ago.

Get in touch with me and let me know how you get on. xx

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE