You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 25 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Rosh75" started this thread

Reg: Sep 3rd 2008

Children: Hopefully!

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 6:28pm

Anyone had good results on 2nd SA?

Hi ladies

Hubby and i are due to have the second SA in 10 days time.

The first one showed only 1.5 million but we were told that his morphology, motility and volume were all okay. Doctor didn't seem too worried??

Hubby was on some drugs for hairloss and these cause problems for male foetuses which we didn't know so now we are stopping for 3 months to 'flush' out the damaged sperm. In the meantime, he is getting check out!

My results were all okay - just wondering if anyone had any good news on their second sample?

He's been doing all the right things - just hoping it will help :P

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 5:19pm

Hi and Welcome to fz :smile:

Well sadly not me personally had a good second sa but there was a lady here who's dh first was zero and then the second showed up a count! clap

To my understanding drugs can indeed affect the production and it takes three months for a fresh batch to be produced.
There are some threads here about how to increase the count have a look at those too.

I am sure after three months of good lviing another test will have fab results ! :yes:

:goodluck:

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 5:44pm

Thanks so much Hollybolly

Well fingers and toes crossed - if not then i'm all ready for my petri dish and turkey baster!! :cheers:

We are doing quite well and making proper changes - DR told me i would need to have BMI of 30 for IVF so i'm doing it all now in prep for next year!

Are you going through IVF or anything? x

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:06pm

Hello :smile:

I had to reduce my Bmi too, as originally I thought we were going to need ivf.
I may need it in the future, to explain a long story short, dh has no sperm, they think its caused by a tumour in the brain we have to get results of mri and then poss treatment of it could re instate fertiltiy soooo depending on , how sucessful it is may need ivf or may not :smile: x

Sorting your Bmi is the best thing you can do , as you say they wont fund or give it to you if you are over that , has anyone explained to you why that is?
If you have a browse round on here there is a section that explains why that it is.
Basicly the bigger you are the higher up your overies go and there for the space from the lady entrance to them to further thus making egg collection not so simple!
hope that makes sense ! :smile:

Good luck with your weight loss and your next sa :happy:

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:18pm

Hmmm 'lady entrance'! very la de da!!! That tickled me! lmao

I did wonder why they wouldn't do it but figured that maybe it was a health risk/more chance of MC etc you know? To be honest, having put on nearly 2st since we got married i think it's about time i whipped myself into shape! I love baking and i'm a bit of a comfort eating but i need to develop another stress strategy... comfort running perhaps!!! yeah right!

Sorry to her about DH, i hope he will be okay with a happy and healthy future... filled with lots of little bubba's for you both! :angel2:

:xxx3:

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 25 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE