You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 1:30pm

ACU, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth

Hi everyone,

Just thought I'd find out if anyone out there is having ICSI at the Ocean Suite in Plymouth.... I am!! I am an October Odyssey!! 23 days to go until DR (I have tried to get a ticker but am obviously doing it wrong... thought I was better with pc's than this! :innocent:).

Be great to hear if anyone else is local.

:xxx: :smile:

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

• "jane april" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: May 22nd 2006

Children: twin girls

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 7:32pm

hi hun,

I had my ivf there. They are brilliant, really helpful and friendly. would you like to know anything in particular, please feel free to PM me.

xxxx

[zx015]
Me 35, DH 34
DH fine, me blocked tubes and adhesions
1st IVF BFN,December 06 tubal surgery,2nd IVF BFN,3rd IVF :BFP: TWINS
5 frosties
April 09 ectopic pregnancy

bab10 bab10
our babies are two pink frillies

rwood74

Reg: Jan 8th 2009

Children: Derriford

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 1:16pm

RE: ACU, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth

It's comforting to hear that the clinic is good, we start our first cycle in March and all i've heard til now is horror stories, almost made me want to give up before we'd even begun.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 3:51pm

Hi rwood74, horror stories about the OS or treatment generally?

I had treatment with them in October, first treatment ever and it worked!! Wahoo!! Everyone there was absolutely fantastic, really friendly and kind. Whenever we went in for an appointment they couldn't have been nicer. I phoned a few times with various quiries and they were always there to help. Then I had to phone out of hours one time and got Hani who referred me to A&E and I ended up in hospital with OHSS and UA and everyone under him on the ward were absolutely brilliant.

I'll stop waffling now but I really really hope you feel they are just as good as I do when you start your treatment. I wish you the best of luck with it all, if you ever want to private message me with any queries I'll be happy to help if I can xx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

rwood74

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 4:27pm

Thanks for replying, i was just talking about the treatment in general and how it's likely to fail. There's so much information about the negative aspects of ivf and, in comparison, a lot less about the positive outcomes. I'm still unsure now about whether to go through with it. We're booked in for the 31st March and i've had all my blood tests but i don't think i could cope with the feeling of loss or failure. Not again. That's wonderful news for you though honey, bet you're chuffed to pieces. I'm not sure if i'm just feeling a bundle of nerves, whether i've done too much research ar whether i have genuine doubts about the impact on us if it fails. What a mess!!!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, January 8th 2009, 7:15pm

I know it's so easy to say but... please try not to think too negatively... Though saying that before, and whilst during treatment actually, I didn't have much faith that it would work. I had read so much about it not working and the stats etc but at the end of the day they are just figures, why shouldn't you be one of the ones that it works for?!

I really do know how you are feeling, there are so many obstacles and hurdles to get over but please don't give up just yet. UA is really fantastic too!!!

Lots of luck honey xxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

rwood74

Friday, January 9th 2009, 10:50am

Thankyou sweetheart, i have more bood tests on monday and injection training next week, i think i'm just not allowing myself any hope. Self preservation and all that..... Thanks again.

Rachel

xxxxxx

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: on way :)

Tuesday, February 10th 2009, 4:02pm

Hiya
i also had treatment here and found the staff fantastic - couldn't have asked for more!
Sx

36 yrs
1 yr clomid
ICSI July 06 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
FET March 07 - BFN
ICSI July 07 - BFN
IVF Nov 07 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI April 08 - BFP, m/c 5 weeks
ICSI Sept 08 with steroids - BFP, saw heartbeat at 5 weeks!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Reg: Dec 27th 2008

Sunday, March 22nd 2009, 8:32am

Derriford Hospital

I am also having treatment at Derriford Ocean Suite.... had first ICSI at December 08 (BFN) and was scheduled to start down regulation in April, but received a letter yesterday to say they're very busy and actually, will have to put back our treatment to cope with the demand! No indication of when or why.... I feel really let down and can't believe they wrote a letter instead of calling to discuss it or offer more information!!

I have to say all the staff at Derriford had until now been wonderful and on our first treatment we were treated brilliantly, everybody really helpful etc. I'm just disappointed that we're paying an awful lot of money for this treatment, we're desperate to try again and had geared ourselves up for it, only to be told that there will be even more waiting!

Anybody else had the same letter???

ICSI Dec 08 & June 09 BFN, ICSI Dec 09 :BFP: Our miracle son born 1st Oct 2010

Reg: Mar 2nd 2009

Children: Plymouth

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:26pm

Hi,
I'm also having treatment at Derriford. Had three IUIs, all BFN, and have found everyone there to be very friendly. Cheryl and the other nurses are really supportive, the doctors can sometimes appear to be a bit abrupt or unsympathetic, but the nurses more than make up for that. I'm due to have my one and only IVF attempt soon but haven't (as yet) received a letter like yours. It is horrible, though, isn't it, this waiting game - especially as you're paying for your treatment. Hope you get to have your treatment soon.
x
Sarah x

casskat

Reg: Jan 15th 2009

Children: One beautiful girl. (naturally)

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:38pm

Im also having my treatment at Ocean suite! Im now on my 2ww after having ICSI. I have found all the staff brilliant , and hope that this works for us as we too are self funded so dont think could afford to go through it again. Good luck to you all xx
:goodluck:
TTC #2 for 2
1st attempt at ICSI
2 embies now on board! Please stick! Test day 7th April!!
:BFP: !!!! Please stay strong little one(s) !!!!

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 6:47pm

Hi Cassie
Good luck! Hope the 2WW doesn't drag for too long!
Sarah
Sarah x

casskat

Reg: Jan 15th 2009

Children: One beautiful girl. (naturally)

Thursday, March 26th 2009, 7:29pm

Thank you!! Its been a bit up and down...only 12 more days! (umm...saying that sounds ages!) xx
TTC #2 for 2
1st attempt at ICSI
2 embies now on board! Please stick! Test day 7th April!!
:BFP: !!!! Please stay strong little one(s) !!!!

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 9:47am

Hi there, I've just had my 3rd IVF cycle at Ocean Suite, although I'm satelliting from Treliske. Hani is a little love. Now on the 2ww. Arg!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
1 IUISO Mar 2007 - BFP - mc at 7.5 wk
1st IVF Mar 08 - Abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN
4th IVF Mar 09 Test day 11th April

Saturday, March 28th 2009, 11:12am

Hi Kirstie
Looks like you've had a long and hard journey - hope this 2WW ends on a high note, you deserve it. Isn't it a long way to get to Derriford from Truro? I'm in Totnes so it's only half an hour. Shame the clinics are so few and far between. Good luck.
x
Sarah x

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Monday, March 30th 2009, 11:17am

Hi Sarah, it's about 1.5hrs to Derriford as I live in Falmouth. But that's the closest as Treliske only do the scans and IUI. So at least it's only 2 trips for EC & ET.

Any news on your IVF cycle dates?
Kirstie
Me & DH 37
ttc 6 yrs
Unexplained
3 IUISO - BFN
1 IUISO - abandoned
1 IUISO Mar 2007 - BFP - mc at 7.5 wk
1st IVF Mar 08 - Abandoned
2nd IVF May 08 - BFN
3rd IVF Oct 08 - BFN
4th IVF Mar 09 Test day 11th April

Monday, March 30th 2009, 7:42pm

Hi Kirstie
No, no news about IVF. I naively thought that after all the pre-IUI tests I would just go straight on to IVF but we've got to have HIV and Hep blood tests then days 2,3 & 4 of period blood tests, then the seminar thing, then I suppose we have to wait another month after that. Tricky cos hubby has to go up to Wales for his MSc course for one week in every month and the big 40 looms in October so time is against us!
Hope your 2WW isn't dragging too much...
Sarah x

Reg: Apr 7th 2009

Children: DD 11 and DS 6

Sunday, April 26th 2009, 1:33pm

I have had treatment at derriford.Looking at going back-this time for clomid

Thursday, June 4th 2009, 6:01pm

Anyone else in 'Batch 19'? Going to seminar on 8 July to start the IVF roller coaster...
Sarah x

Kelu

Reg: Aug 14th 2009

Children: None yet

Tuesday, August 25th 2009, 12:09pm

Hi guys

My DH and I also going for treatment with Ocean Suite, Derriford. This is our first attempt. We were there yesterday for our consultation with Hani and to sign the papers to apply for 1 NHS IVF/ICSI attempt. So its a waiting game now as to how soon its going to start for us. From what you say though its good to hear they are a nice bunch at Ocean Suite.

Wishing everyone loads of luck with it all!!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• United Kingdom

What's Up?

Friday, August 28th 2009, 3:27pm

Just to say that we had IVF there and it worked first time :smile: (Ignore my ticker, I can't seem to change it...). They were all so lovely at OS.

Wishing everyone else the same amazing luck xxx

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Feb 5th 2008

Children: 3 year old twins - Archie and Lily (ICSI)

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:00pm

I had my first ICSI cycle at Ocean Suite in 2005. Our treatment worked first time and we had twins in January 2006.

I'm currently on my 2ww from our second round of ICSI at Ocean Suite...

As ever, the staff were wonderful. So helpful, friendly and supportive.

Hani Mickael, who did my egg collection first time round, is leaving (or may indeed have already gone as I didn't see him at all in the last few weeks). He's going back to normal gynaecology in North Devon. He's lovely, but very quiet. You have to lean forwards to hear him speak, lol.

Dr Umesh Acharya is fabulous. A lovely, lovely man. Very reassuring and optimistic. A bit of a comic...he was cracking jokes during my egg collection.
Janine & Jonathon
ICSI twins - Archie & Lily, made with ICSI and love
at SWCRM, Plymouth
Born Jan 06
ICSI #2 - Sept 09...
BFP!! @ 9dp3dt

Reg: Feb 5th 2008

Children: 3 year old twins - Archie and Lily (ICSI)

Friday, October 2nd 2009, 4:05pm

Oh, and just to add, I want to give a big thumbs up for the staff in the maternity wing at Derriford too. Derriford always seems to get a bad press, but I couldn't fault them. My antenatal care was excellent, and when I gave birth prematurely and stayed in Transitional Care of two weeks with my babies, the staff were superb.
Janine & Jonathon
ICSI twins - Archie & Lily, made with ICSI and love
at SWCRM, Plymouth
Born Jan 06
ICSI #2 - Sept 09...
BFP!! @ 9dp3dt

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: Hopefully

Friday, October 9th 2009, 10:01am

We're (hopefully) about to start at Derriford so it's good to hear positive stories. We'll also have to travel up from Cornwall, but Bodmin so not too bad. This will be a really dippy question but do you have to go through lots of appointments before you start? We saw Susie Bates at Treliske the other day and were given the impression that once I'd had an AMH test if that was ok then it would be quite quick as the clock is ticking for me (41) and wanting to get going as we've decided to do this.
Kate :tipsy:

wifey

Reg: Oct 19th 2009

Monday, October 19th 2009, 5:39pm

Hello all,

Hi Kate, I was wondering how everything is... I have my first appointment on Wed... I so hope it is Dr Acharya as I have so much confidence with him..

He did my reversal and I fell pg very quickly and have a 3 year old but sadly lost my son last year and had a mc in may... see what he has to say.

Tina

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 3:40pm

Hi Tina

Sorry I haven't replied, just feel life's on hold at the moment. We've got another appointment at RCH at the end of the month but everything just seems to be taking so long (it's even worse if you're not paying I know). Hopefully everything went well for you with Dr Acharaya

wifey

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 9:01pm

Hi Kate, we had our appointment in November but had to do CD21 tests and hubby haveing semen tests done and the appointments at Derriford are so full for them he only has his next appointment in January so I don't know when we will get to see them again. I know what you mean about life being on hold.

Let me know how it goes at RCH.... sending loads of positive thoughts your way

Tina

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 2:43pm

Hi Tina

Everything went ok: got injection training in March and start in April with a slot in June for Derriford. Just got the blood tests for rubella, hiv etc to go and we're there ready to go. Hope everything goes well for you: I'm sure you'll be pg before you know it.

wifey

Wednesday, January 13th 2010, 9:39pm

Hi Kate,

Good luck we are waiting for our followup appoiment for all the semen and blood tests... Hopefully very soon.

Tina

webby1

Reg: Jan 14th 2010

Thursday, January 14th 2010, 3:01pm

Hi

we are just starting out on our journey with the Ocean Suite, we have our first appointment on 22 Jan. Not sure what it will involve. Very excited but at the same time very nervous.

DH has had a vesectomy reversal which has not worked so will need ICSI. We think we have had most of the tests done (2 x SA, Day 21, LSH, AMH) but not sure.

Any advice anyone could give us or guidenace would be great.

x

Thursday, January 14th 2010, 3:42pm

Webby, you'll be in great hands at Derriford. I've just been there this morning for ET with Dr Acharya, who is lovely, although he often comes straight to the point! :snigger: The nurses, Vicky & Carolyn especially, are just lovely and they really look after you there.

You're likely to have lots of questions, so start making notes and take them with you on appointments. Initially they'll just talk to you about the ICSI and what it involves, make sure you've had all the relevant tests then you get a place on a Seminar, where they detail the procedure, success rates and give injection training etc. Unfortunately Hani, their other lovely cons, left a couple of months ago and they have a replacement but she is only just learning really, so their waiting list will be quite long. It's a shame for us in the West Country that we don't have a pick of clinics but I'm sure the time will fly before you know it.

Good luck on your journey, I'm sure you'll be happy with Ocean Suite

wifey

Thursday, January 14th 2010, 8:50pm

Hi Webbie and Claire,

I think Dr Acharya is the best... he helped me concieve my daughter 4 years ago and hopeing he will be successful with me again. He is honest and that is the best you can have.

I am waiting for my follow up appointment and hope it is really soon. Can ask though if you go private are you also on the waiting list?

Good luck on your journeys.

Tina xfingers

Thursday, January 14th 2010, 10:21pm

Evening Wifey..... unfortunately yes, even though you are paying thousands of pounds, you still have to go on a waiting list. This is our third attempt at ICSI, the first being NHS funded, and I have had to wait 6 months in between each cycle. I assume it is a different list to those that are only just starting out, as we don't need nearly as many appointments, but it is a long wait nonetheless.

winky

Reg: Jan 22nd 2010

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 9:30pm

Hi everyone
I am starting my 2nd round of ICSI this week and was wondering if anyone else is at the same stage as me. I start my down-reg drug in about 4/5 days with the 0 day scan on Wednesday. They have put me on the short procotol this time as I didn't produce many eggs last time. Any advice would be gratefully received. Last treatment was in 2004 :smile:

Reg: Oct 5th 2009

Children: One beautiful daughter, Daisy Isabella

Tuesday, February 2nd 2010, 3:49pm

Hi Everyone and Hi Winky

I am very similar to you with dates, started my DR on a short protocol on 25th Jan, EC due next week. I had my first scan on the same day as you, we may even have been in the same room at the same time!! This is my second ICSI treatment at Ocean Suite, cannot believe how much quicker it all feels on a short protocol! Final scan this Friday, so far so good, I don't produce many follicles but all ok so far. Remember, it only takes one good egg to work. They are lovely at Ocean Suite, very supportive. Wishing you lots of luck and hoping things are going well with you!

ICSI Oct 09 :BFN: :sadface:
ICSI Feb 2010 :BFN: :sadface:
ICSI August 2010 :BFN: :sadface:
DE/ICSI in Spain Jan 2011:BFN: :sadface:
DE/ICSI IN Spain April 2011 :BFP: : D

Our beautiful VIP is here!! Daisy Isabella arrived on 30th December 2011

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 10:18am

Hi all

I must have seen Dr Acharya on a bad day then because he was very dismissive and negative with us and kept going on about donor sperm and implying that we would be wasting our money and that Treliske don't know what they're talking about. Also it took about 3 phone calls before they would return our call: I was about to start looking at other alternatives if it hadn't been for the fact that Treliske have been lovely and we've got dates for injection training etc.

Hopefully next time we see him things will be more positive and we'll prove him wrong.

xx

Monday, February 22nd 2010, 10:54am

Oh dear Kate, sorry you seem to have got Dr Acharya on a bad day - he doesn't have the best bedside manner and I felt he sometimes came across quite negative about something if it wasn't great news. HOWEVER, I have to say I've just had my 3rd ICSI treatment and had Dr Acharya all the way through this time and although he can be a bit abrupt, he talked me though everything and made me feel very comfortable, even though ET was a bit tricky he explained what was happening at each stage ...... and I got my BFP! I'll be eternally grateful to him and the rest of the team. Stick with it, the nurses are absolute angels and I'm sure next time you meet Dr Acharya he'll be nicer.

Kelu

Reg: Aug 14th 2009

Children: None yet

Thursday, April 15th 2010, 8:41pm

Ocean Suite Derriford

I am not sure if I am typing this in the right place or not but I just wanted to say my husband and I have just completed our first course of IVF treatment and now have the two week wait to see if it has been successful (fingers crossed!). We were completely new to all of it but I would just like to take this opportunity to put anyone nervous about treatment at rest, I cannot rate the treatment at Ocean Suite Derriford enough. The IVF team there were absolutely fabulous and especially Dr Acharaya. I a right wuss about anything that involves doctors and hospitals and stuff but I have to say they really put me and my husband at rest. So please if you are at all anxious/worried/nervous they really will take very good care of you. Good luck to everyone.

• "tamjam68" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jul 29th 2010

Children: 5

Thursday, July 29th 2010, 5:10pm

Well i think my questions have been answered so derriford it is then, being referred tomorrow morning . xx

Friday, July 30th 2010, 11:38am

Well i think my questions have been answered so derriford it is then, being referred tomorrow morning . xx

Good luck xx xfingers

Wednesday, August 11th 2010, 5:29pm

Thanks for the luck, smile2 does anyone know what the waiting times are at Derriford at the moment? thinkthink

Wednesday, August 18th 2010, 5:26pm

Well i can now answer the question myself lol. 88) They currently have no waiting lists at all got my first appointment in 2 weeks .In case anyone was wondering xx

Thursday, August 19th 2010, 4:39pm

Great news hun xx

I'm out there again on Monday

Monday, September 6th 2010, 8:20am

Well there are no waiting lists at derriford and we have our first appointment monday with a view to starting treatment on my next cycle [zx127] . we are very happy and nervous and we are awaiting results from DH's sperm sample, it has been very low in the past and had lots of slow swimmers [zx062] hopefully this one will be better after multivits and cod liver oil. xfingers . good luck to eveyone else and will keep you posted on service and treatment at the ocean suite. :O

Monday, September 6th 2010, 8:23am

Great news hun xx

I'm out there again on Monday

Hiya xfingers for you and your journey,our first appointment is on the 13th at 3.30. :happy: Did you have to buy the drugs needed from the suite or did they allow you to shop around with a prescription? my local chemist has offered to help find the cheapest (a very helpfull chap) :) ???? xxx

Monday, September 6th 2010, 8:26am

Oh dear Kate, sorry you seem to have got Dr Acharya on a bad day - he doesn't have the best bedside manner and I felt he sometimes came across quite negative about something if it wasn't great news. HOWEVER, I have to say I've just had my 3rd ICSI treatment and had Dr Acharya all the way through this time and although he can be a bit abrupt, he talked me though everything and made me feel very comfortable, even though ET was a bit tricky he explained what was happening at each stage ...... and I got my BFP! I'll be eternally grateful to him and the rest of the team. Stick with it, the nurses are absolute angels and I'm sure next time you meet Dr Acharya he'll be nicer.

sounds like we are in the right hands as we have the same consultant. :happy: and sooooo happy for you :smile:

Monday, September 13th 2010, 8:21pm

First appointment today and cannot rate the service at Ocean suite enough, staff were fun, friendly and made us feel at ease. xfingers And sucess rates for last year for my age bracket were better than the age bracket below. :clap . would rrecommend them to anyone xx

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 5:03pm

Quoted

We're (hopefully) about to start at Derriford so it's good to hear positive stories. We'll also have to travel up from Cornwall, but Bodmin so not too bad. This will be a really dippy question but do you have to go through lots of appointments before you start? We saw Susie Bates at Treliske the other day and were given the impression that once I'd had an AMH test if that was ok then it would be quite quick as the clock is ticking for me (41) and wanting to get going as we've decided to do this.
im 41 too kate :) we have lots in common :snigger:

Friday, December 17th 2010, 7:02pm

Well I have just finished my cycle and am now on the 2ww. smile2 and all I can say is I cannot fault them one bit, I was very happy with my treatment, every nurse, sonographer, embryologist (who were lovely) starsmile and office staff too, they made my journey happy, calm and I felt well cared for. Yes Dr Acharya is not the biggest conversationist and seems a little abrupt, but he is a doctor and does this many times everyday I suppose. he was to the point and reasonably pleasant. And if I dont get my :BFP: then will be going back again biggrin2
I think the clinic was great. [zx126]

Reg: Dec 10th 2010

Monday, January 10th 2011, 12:09pm

Hello Ladies

My OH and i have our first appointment with The Ocean Suite on 18th Jan, My OH has Very low Morphology 0% and 3% with poor A+B Motility 25% and 17% we are both 28 and i have a son from a previous relationship (7 years ago) so really hoping he can help us, as i have a son we wont get funding...anyone know how much it costs roughly? with the cost of meds too we are looking at 4k?? does that sound right? also what do they do at the first appointment?

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE