You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "balloons" started this thread

Reg: Jun 1st 2008

Children: one

Friday, August 15th 2008, 7:33pm

Looking after 1st while trying to get pg with 2nd

Hi there

I am having ICSI at the moment and really hope it works. I have a 17 month old who is getting quite heavy/wriggly as they do at that age. Am having ET next week and not sure when I should pick my toddler up again? Not sure if the lifting will dislodge anything or if it was best just to carry on with life as normal and not to panic too much about the 2ww.

Has anyone else been in this situation and how did you cope with caring for another child and doing the right thing to help the embies to implant? Would really appreciate some advice.
Balloons x

Pootle

Megastar

Reg: Mar 31st 2007

Children: 2 beautiful girls.

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 8:11pm

Evening!

I was really lucky and sent my DD to stay with my parents for 3 days after ET. I used the time to relax and do very little. After that, I only lifted her when I really had to, although to be honest, I'm not sure how much difference it makes if you do or you don't - I just felt better trying not to!

My DD was older than your child when I had IVF so I explained that Mummy's tummy was a bit sore and it was best if she didn't jump all over me!

Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment.

x

My family is complete...I am grateful every day

DD1, natural miracle, 2005
DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Saturday, August 16th 2008, 9:15pm

Jodie - many congratulations on your pg, that is really wonderful news! I hope that you enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. Are you having twins, did both embies implant? Either way I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

thanks for the message it really helps. I did FET in May and did not pick DD up for almost 2 weeks and it was really difficult for both of us as at 17 months they are really cuddly! My DH was great and did a lot of the bathing, lifting etc. However the result was BFN. This time having gone through ICSI again I just do not want to do something that I regret afterwards in the all important 2ww! I think you were very wise to take 3 days to just chill out. I think emotionally it is important as well to do that.

Am possibly having et tomorrow or they will wait until blasto stage, so am just getting myself organised for helpers - mum, mum-in-law and DH!
Balloons x

Pootle

Megastar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 5:15am

Hi, no not twins! Just a little sister for our DD! Perfect!

I think you're right - its about not doing anything you might regret later on. 3 days was just right for me, and was what my acupuncturist recommended - time to just focus on me and the embies and to relax!

Hope ET goes well if you have it tomorrow, or when you have blasts put back!

Edited to add - Have just noticed you're a sussex girl - me too! Where are you having treatment?

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pootle" (Aug 17th 2008, 5:15am)

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 8:04pm

Hey Jodie

ET today so now 2 embies on board! Have just relaxed this afternoon watching TV. Felt quite tired afterwards, I think it is the anxiety of the situation and also did not find it at all comfortable - not that these things are but could not wait to get out of there!

With ET now done feel like I want to just get back to normal asap. I have family 'cover' for the next 3 days and after that I think will be ok to get back to normal. To be honest I was getting a bit bored this afternoon, so 2 weeks like that would be too much.

Had tx at Bridge in London. We had tx there before too, they are v. good. where did you have yours?

Another DD - how perfect! Is your other DD aware of what is going on if so I bet she is excited.

Are you having trouble sleeping as you sent the message v. early!!!
Balloons x

Pootle

Megastar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 11:22pm

Evening!

Congrats on being PUPO! I hope you manage to rest and relax, even just a little, for the next few days!

We were at the Lister. Thought we might use their satellite, the Agora in Hove, for some of the bloods/scans etc but didn't in the end - went up to London for it all!

Yes, DD is aware and VERY excited! Constantly talks about it, makes plans etc! But she's been desperate for a baby for a long while now!

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, August 18th 2008, 10:23am

I found that DS was great when I was sore. He is so gentle when he thinks that you are in pain.
I didn't have any problems lifting him after EC and ET, just offered him a helping hand instead and he looked after himself :)
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Jul 21st 2006

Monday, August 18th 2008, 11:41am

Hi B

Just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world, and hope you get a BFP, :goodluck:

Rest up :cheeers:

x
ME 32, pcos, DH 47,
DH had Tese tx Jan 06
IVF/ ICSI July 06 ,
30 eggs collected, 2 transfered,
Had OHSS and OMG, :BFP:

Monday, August 18th 2008, 4:52pm

Hi Jodie - I ahd heard that then Lister was good. We could have used a satelite for Bridge as I thought it would have been easier for looking after DD, but in the end went up to London for all tx.

Torisen - thanks for that. It is so encouraging to hear from people like you and Jodie who have just got on with it but also are pg from successful tx. Congrats!!! It is difficult to leave the little darlings wanting to be picked up and not doing it. So sorry about the mc of twin! But many congrats on DS and pg!

Sharon 77 - thanks for the wishes and congrats to you on BFP!!!

Thanks for the messages, will catch up soon x
Balloons x

Nessie

Reg: Mar 14th 2006

Children: Llewelyn James was born 25/10/07

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 12:52am

RE: Looking after 1st while trying to get pg with 2nd

Hi there

I haven't visited this website for ages as I was just too nervous to talk about my first pregnancy...and too busy after my little boy was born.

I too have recently made the decision to go back to ICSI and will be starting in March. My son will be about 16 months old. I need to start planning how to do things as I am working as a registered nurse 3 days a week and look after my son the other days. We have noone to help out, so was wondering how I should approach things after the next cycle. Has anyone been through a similar situation?

V

Me 37 DH38. Together for 18y
ICSI only option
2 x BFNs '06
14/9/06 FET x 2. :BFP: (m/c 20/10/06)
7/2/07 FET x 2 :BFP:
Llewelyn James born 25/10/07
bab22

Jodie

Megastar

Wednesday, January 14th 2009, 11:06pm

Hi Nessie! Congrats on your little boy!

Its a hard question. We were lucky in that my parents helped out quite a bit during my 2ww. Would it be possible maybe for your son to attend a few extra sessions at nursery or maybe your DH could stay home for a couple of days to give you a break?

Wishing you lots of luck.

x

DD2, IVF miracle, 2008

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 6:40am

We had a babysitter booked for most of the scan days and EC ET etc.
We were straight with her and told her what was going on so she knew that I was just not lazy when I was lying on the sofa feeling sick and that I should not pick DS up after EC and so on.
It was a HUGE relief for us and she is now a very good friend.
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Rivka

Reg: Oct 11th 2005

Thursday, January 15th 2009, 10:03am

Balloons - and just wait until you're heavily pregnant and your toddler wants a piggyback ride :snigger: :D

edited to say that I've just noticed how far along you are Torisen! I reeeeeally need to get knitting!

ashleyh

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Tuesday, January 20th 2009, 2:09pm

Hi Nessie and Balloons,
I had ICSI when DS was tiny(what WAS I thinking???!!!But now it is AMAZING)
He was nearly 9 months, and I had DH unexpectedly away for most of 2ww, did it myself, DS went to nursery rest of week which helped, and didnt go to work. IT was hard!BUT worth it. didn't think we stood a chance, and DS was very heavy and active, but we got our miracle.
I honestly believe that it doesn't make the tiniest bit of difference what you do/lift, but had a real thing about NOT bathing(shower obv!)
Good luck,good luck!!!
Doubly blessed with two beautiful, amazing babies!!!!
TTC 3,just started ICSI no 6

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE