You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angel_mouse" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 11:51am

So fast....

We have both went through all the initial tests and it turns out that DH has a low sperm count so we are being referred for IUI. I only had my HSG thingy a few days ago and already the appointment has come through for out intial consultation which is only 5 weeks away :shocked: My question is will they tell us at the inital meeting how long the waiting list is and how long we can expect to wait? Do they do blood tests etc on the first consultation? ;(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 12:03pm

hun i have been wondering the same thing about waiting, what happens etc so i just rang my climic and she has just gone through everything with me which has really put my mind at ease. give your clinic a ring im sure they will be very helpful!! :D

good luck xx
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 12:05pm

hiya

this very much depends on your clinic, is it iui you have going for?

is this nhs treatment?

if not then you could start very soon and then might well take some bloods to test for HIV.HEP.RUBEllA
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 12:25pm

RE: So fast....

Quoted

Originally posted by angel_mouse
We have both went through all the initial tests and it turns out that DH has a low sperm count so we are being referred for IUI.

Hi Angel Mouse

Sorry to hear of DH's low sperm count though at least you now know why you've been having trouble conceiving :sadface:.

Did you mean you've been referred for IVF (rather than IUI) ? It would make more sense with a low sperm count for IVF to be recommended to you (possibly even ICSI?)

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IVF/ICSI
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IUI

If your treatment will be funded by the NHS then your clinic will be able to tell you how long the waiting list is. If private, they can normally fit you in fairly quickly depending on the size of the clinic.

Like Kara says, they'll probably arrange for bloods as well to be done at that consultation or give you the forms to take away and arrange at your convenience.

Hope this helps :cuddle

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 1:04pm

Hello Angel Mouse, I'm really sorry about your DH's low count. I agree with Duffy - I would have thought they would suggest ICSI for a low count? Maybe it's worth checking that with them at your next appointment. It is good that things are moving fast for you though. I hope you get your BFP soon!
babydust for you x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 2:25pm

Thanks for the reply ladies, we were told by my DH's urologist that it would be IUI, he said that they would just wash the sperm and insert it straight into me. I have read that IUI is suitable for men with a low sperm count and after reading the guides that was kindly posted it seems that IUI would be the way to go. It is under the NHS. Thanks ladies you are so helpful :D
TTC since Dec 2006

Reg: Oct 10th 2007

Thursday, August 14th 2008, 5:00pm

hi hun.. when we were put forward for iui the consultation was the date we agreed to start they basically said if you are ready so are we....was given the prescriptions etc that same day and started the first treatment onmy next cycle! good luck hunxxx

3 X FAILED IUI through 2007
1 X IVF April 2008 :BFP: mc in week 6 (my angels)
1 X FAILED Natural FET August 2008 using one embie that survived thaw
1 X FAILED IVF MARCH 2009
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams"

:cat:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "tiggybelle" (Aug 14th 2008, 5:01pm)

Friday, August 15th 2008, 9:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by tiggybelle
hi hun.. when we were put forward for iui the consultation was the date we agreed to start they basically said if you are ready so are we....was given the prescriptions etc that same day and started the first treatment onmy next cycle! good luck hunxxx

Wow that was fast...!! I assumed that these things took as long as IVF etc.

Does anyone know if there is a BMI cut off for IUI? I know there is one from IVF but im not sure about IUI?
TTC since Dec 2006

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "angel_mouse" (Aug 15th 2008, 9:19am)

GemH

Star

Reg: Nov 27th 2006

Location: Romford - Me 30. MC @ 14 wks Aug 03. 7 courses of Clomid all bfn, waiting for af to start iui when shock natural bfp. M/C 29/06/2010.Separated from ex-DH in 07/10. In a new(ish) relationship with an old friend and ttc no 2 :)

Children: George 21/11/2008 - my surprise natural bfp. Oliver 09/05/2013 - my little happy chappy

Friday, August 15th 2008, 11:13am

Hi

My dh has a low sprem count too. We waiting ages for iui after Clomid on the NHS as they were waiting for a licence but after they got that we had a training session got our meds and were ready to start after my next af. It is really quick!!

Good luck hun.x

Edited to say: not quite sure what sprem is but he definately has a low sperm count with morphology problems too.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "GemH" (Aug 15th 2008, 11:14am)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE