You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Minty

• "Minty" started this thread

Reg: Aug 13th 2008

Wednesday, August 13th 2008, 11:17am

The Agora Fertility Clinic, Hove

Hello everyone

I've just joined the forum and wondered if anyone else was having treatment at the Agora clinic, in Hove? I've already had a couple of IUI's there, both neg sadly, but following a couple of false starts (due to a troublesome fibroid) we're now planning to start IVF there in Sept/Oct.

We've got our first IVF consultation on Friday, and it would be great to hear from anyone else!

Minty x

EmmBri

Reg: Feb 3rd 2009

Children: Agora

Friday, March 13th 2009, 9:19pm

Hi Minty,

My dh & I are seeing Richard Howell at the Agora, like you after a few false starts (getting my BMI down to 35) we have finally started on the IUI route, I have my first treatment on Monday (fingers crossed for ovulation)

How are things going with your treatment?

xx
Emma

D.H.

Reg: Mar 14th 2009

Saturday, March 14th 2009, 9:30pm

I went to an open evening recently at Agora. It seems like a good place, with a good success rate. We are hoping to get a referral there shortly.

azra

Reg: Jan 20th 2009

Children: lister/agora

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 1:29pm

Hi girls
I have recently had ivf treatment at the agora, the consultant was great (carol)
and I had 2 blasts transferred on the 9th march, now waiting 2ww. The nurses Jo and Mel are wonderful and explain everything.
The embryoligist (excuse spelling) Sue called me every morning and reassured me every step of the way!
azra

EmmBri

Reg: Feb 3rd 2009

Children: Agora

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 8:49pm

Hi D.H - God luck for your referral, as Azra says they are all lovley people there.

Azra - Good luck on your 2ww, I would be on the edge of the seat it it was me!!! I be the days are going really slow.......Our consultant is Richard and the nurse looking after us is Jo, as you say they are all so lovely there

xx
Emma

Reg: Jan 20th 2008

Children: x 1 Angel in heaven & expecting a boy in dec x

Saturday, April 11th 2009, 12:22pm

I have just had my 3rd treatment at the Agora, my last two cycles were at the Lister in London.

The Agora & the Lister are like chalk and cheese in terms of lay out! The Agora almost doesnt feel like a clinic!

I would 100% recommend the Agora to anyone, the whole set up, atmostphere and level of care is fantastic.
I would now never use another clinic.

Mel & Jo scan you - it makes such a difference to have the same ppl each time.
Carol is great too, you just feel like your important - but also in a relaxed and friendly way.

I cant fault the Agora! 88)

Reg: Sep 28th 2009

Children: espenance

Monday, November 9th 2009, 1:04pm

Hi Bettyboo,

I had 3 iui's at the Angora all neg, then just finished my 1st IVF with a BFN at the Esperance in Eastbourne, am thinking of trying a different clinic and was thinking of the Lister as there results for IVF seem better, any info you can give me would be great. xxx

Jules
Jules

biggreeneyes

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 4:45pm

Hello!

Anyone been to the Agora for iVF more recently?

goodgreen

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Reg: May 15th 2012

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 5:10pm

My cycle in October was at the Agora. It was a BFN but everything leading up to that point was really positive. The staff are really friendly and look after you well during and after EC. All the nurses are lovely during the scans. It didn't take long to get a follow up appt afterwards.
The only downside for me was that they wouldn't treat me over the summer because of staff holidays so I had a long wait to get started, but that was mainly because I wasn't letting them schedule my cycle with the contraceptive pill first.
It's a very nice clinic (not that I have any others to compare it to) and they have free hot chocolate in the waiting room.
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 5:34pm

HI rosa!

How are you doing?

I didn't realise you were at the Agora. I did go there for my Beta bloods this last cycle and they were really lovely. Jut wondered about ivf cycles and how it all worked! You must be local to me then :D What drugs did you use for DRing and Stimming? And which consultant did you see?

xxx

goodgreen

Reg: May 15th 2012

Thursday, November 22nd 2012, 5:58pm

Hi BGE,
I'm alright thanks. Please to have scheduled in my next cycle - something to look forward to. I'm so sorry to read what a terrible time you've been having. Have you recently moved down this way from London then? I'm right in the middle of town so can walk to the clinic which is handy.
I saw Mr Kelada, although Carol Gillings (sp?) did my ET, so maybe Mr Kelada was having a day off. They both seem really nice, and I asked loads of annoying questions all the time without them getting impatient.
I had Jo as my scanner last time,and a different nurse doing my oestradiol bloods every time. They open on Saturdays for ET if necessary, but not Sundays as far as I know.
I was doing the short protocol so straight into Gonal-F and Buserilin injections together for about 10 days. I specifically asked not to use the pill first to DR because it sent me mental when I took it before my May cycle. I'm having Menopur for my next cycle.
The appointments do tend to run a bit late, but other than that it's all pretty good there. They give you big fluffy dressing gowns and plenty of blankets for EC - your partner isn't allowed in for that bit, but he is during ET.
Can't think of any other important info but feel free to question me! My next cycle starts on 27/12 hopefully. I'll be keeping an eye out for someone with big green eyes and recently-done roots in the waiting room.
xx
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

biggreeneyes

What's Up?

Saturday, March 23rd 2013, 8:17am

Hi Rosa,

You are starting your cycle soon aren't you? Wishing you loads of luck. babydust :jilly:

Latst cycle you took Menopur? Did you just take Menopur to stimm? Mr K has said I am to take Gonal F AND Menopur this cycle which is all new to me!! I did take an LH drug last 2 cycles in addition to Gonal F, but I think Menopur not only has LH in but the stimm drug in too, same as Gonal F.

I am looking forward to more hot chocolates (I want to try the mars swirl one!!) and also my fluffy gown and slippers :winking:

I think you will be cycling just before me this time, but I will be keeping my beady eye on you!

bigkiss

goodgreen

Reg: Feb 13th 2014

Children: my dog- sophie marie

Sunday, February 16th 2014, 12:30am

Hi all , just wanted to ask ,I live in Kent and was looking to have treatment in Brighton, would I still be able to do this under the NHS? Has anyone else done this?
xfingers TTC since 2013
Waiting for wls (2014)
OH-Azoospermia confirmed(2013)
OH- Couple sperm found on test after sperm wash (2014)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE