You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lobster

Superstar

• "Lobster" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Children: One gorgeous son born on 28th May 2010

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 6:30pm

DH has azoospermia and needs injections - has anyone been throught the same thing?

Hi,

Thought this would be the best place to ask questions. My DH has azoospermia. This is because he had a brain tumor removed when he was young. We are just waiting to find out which health trust is going to pay for him to have injections (usual government politics). :D

The injections are a hormone replacement for LH & FSH which help to produce sperm. He has to take these for at least 6 months during which time we will continue trying.

I don't know of anyone else who has had this done or heard of it. So really I'm looking for any kind of help as i have some questions about the process and the politics of it all. Would appreciate help from males and females as i would like to know how this is going to affect me and my DH. Any website links would also be helpful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this thread. :smile: I hope there is someone out there who can help me, as i feel quite alone at the moment :sadface: because no-one seems to have heard of this treatment before, but our endocrinologist said that it has been done many times.

Laura :P

LAURA
28.05.10 My miracle son Harry was born 5 weeks early, by c-section lurve

hollybolly

Superstar

Reg: Jan 30th 2008

Children: Soon !!

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 7:13pm

Hey there Laura ! :smile:

You and me both on the no one seems to know about it !!!

Sounds as though our dh's are more or less in the same boat.
My dh was told he had azoopspermia back in January, after many tests etc.. we found his lh and fsh was very low, we have since been refered to an encrinologist whom seems to think he has a brain tumour also .
He is going for an Mri scan on the 15th August.
He has also had test etc to find out which type of tumour it is but It is a Pituitary Tumour as I understand it , The pituitary regulates the production of lh, fsh and testosterone , having the Tumour stops its from working properly and causes the fsh and lh to stop producing and therefore stops the sperm or reduces its production.

They call the condition Hypogodnasim , there are two types as I understand it one where its generated from the testis and then secondary Hypogodism that is caused by tumours.

To my understanding the Injections you are refering to are given to re enstate fertility to the male, he will most lilkey receive injections , although there are various forms too as in patchs, lotions and potions also.
In most cases this should restore enough for use with ivf but in the best case scenario can actually reinstate the count for natural pregnacy ( please god!! :pray:)
As I understand it , it can take UP to two years for the fertiltiy to come back but who knows maybe sooner :smile:

Do you know will your dh need tesosterone therapy too?
I beleive this can be very good for them to reverse any symptoms of lack of hormones i.e depression and lack of drive for life etc..

Sorry this has turned into an epic! it just your the first person i have met in the same boat .
If you want to know a bit more about the tumours etc..
you can have a look at the pituatry foundation website , although tbh theres not a massive amount about infertilty there , not as much as fz ! :smile:
Please feel free to pm me or come my diary any time xxxxx

AZOOSPERMIA confirmed 01/2008
TESE sucessfull 08/09
Reconstruction failed 11/09 .
Icsi June 13 - Bfn
Feb2014 = Natural cycle icsi bfn

Sun Flower

Superstar

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 7:21pm

Hi Laura
I dont know about the injections - Im sorry but just wanted to wish you luck and hope your DH gets some answers soon. My DH has a zero score for his SA so we are waiting for more inof and hopefully a biopsy so I know the feeling of comforting DH and at the same time keeping yourself motivated, PMA can be in short supply sometimes hey, but the girls on here are fab, Im sure you will get lots of support and useful info from here - great news that you and Holly can chat as your in the same situation, all the best ladies - best wishes to all xx

Lobster

Superstar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 11:25pm

Thanks both for your messages. :happy: Holly - I have sent you a PM. I'm glad that i have found someone on here in the same boat as me.

I'll let you know what the GP says. We've got to call them in a couple of weeks to see whether they'll pay for the injections (but I'm guessing financial politics will play a big part).

Thanks again! :D :D :D :D

Laura x

LAURA

Lobster

Superstar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, August 6th 2008, 11:35pm

Also - can you tell me how i can get a sparkly signature? ?(
Both of yours look so lovely and mine is boring.

x

LAURA

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE