You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "angel_mouse" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Monday, August 4th 2008, 1:31pm

Clomid if overweight

Hi ladies - I am running away with myself here but I am going for a hyco/HSG procedure thingy tomorrow and I just wondered what they would do if my tubes are clear. Would the next step be clomid I have had 2 x 21 day tests and they have come back okay. Do they put you on clomid if you are overweight? I have a fair amount to loose. I know they have a BMI cut off for IVF etc and I just wondered if clomid was the same story? :sadface:
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, August 4th 2008, 1:45pm

Have a look at those links, it may give you some more information.

clomid and bmi

Gynae Appointment

INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO DIET & REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, August 4th 2008, 2:20pm

Hi

In one of your other posts you have said that you DH has a low sperm count & poor motility, so your consultant may decide not to start with clomid but to go straight to IVF.

The last link PollyPocket posted for you contains some essential reading about weight and the effect it can have not just on your fertility, but also explains why consultantds require a certain BMI for treatment because of the effect your weight can have on IVF and also on carrying a baby.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

• "angel_mouse" started this thread

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Monday, August 4th 2008, 2:28pm

Thats what i thought - I am new to all this and as you say there would be little or no point in putting me on clomid if DH's sperm is so bad.
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

Sun Flower

Superstar

Tuesday, August 5th 2008, 1:19pm

Hi Angel Mouse
I am in the same boat as you - had HSG a few years ago (with previous partner but con is happy to use these results and doesnt feel that I need another one) and DH has got his SA today, if the results of all of those come back good then our treatment plan will include Clomid & Metformin, I too am over weight (BMI above 30) but my con is happy to start me on clomid - however, he did say that for any other procedures (IVF etc..- BMI would need to be below 30). Hope that helps

Good luck with your tests and treatment options, keep us posted
Take care, best wishes x

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE