You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "james_1986" started this thread

Reg: Jul 2nd 2008

Friday, August 1st 2008, 2:00pm

Chlamydia Test

Hello

I have been told that when you go to an IVF clinic they do a Chlamydia test on both the male and female.

I am very body concious and obviously do not like getting my penis out for just anybody.

This is the only thing I am scared about as I don't want to get my codger out.

I am scared! Sounds silly I know!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "james_1986" (Aug 1st 2008, 2:02pm)

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:01pm

you'll be fine! , no-one i know likes to have these tests done but they are necessary. it doesnt take long to do, and i can guarentee your partner will have alot more to do than you going thru ivf....i dont know about ivf in depth but i know there is the down reg, then stims, scans, egg collection, egg transfere....then you both have the 2ww, but a test doesnt seem too bad when you put it like that does it??? :innocent: :D

it is one of the first steps to becoming a parent, just keep the end goal in sight and it will be over in a jiffy.

love k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Missy

Superstar

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:23pm

Fraid I have to say the same! I think it seems worse for men as you hardly have to have any invasive examinations like us women do! We get used to it with smears etc. Like Willow said though, its part of the criteria needed to get you through the initial process, it needs to be ruled out before they will think about carrying out the rest of the investigations needed to assess what will help you concieve. Its not the most sympathetic response you were probably hoping for, but you aren't the first bloke to feel like this and nor will you be the last.

The people at the clinic will have seen codgers in all shapes and sizes, in my job I help people with their personal care and I have to say that at first it can be more embarrassing for us than you, but after a while in a job like that you don't even 'see' them anymore. It will all be over with in a matter of minutes, grin and bare it, you can do it!! :snigger:

• "james_1986" started this thread

Reg: Jul 2nd 2008

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:48pm

OK, lol!

I will ask if I can do it myself, hehe! Only joking!

I am mostly size concious if you get me?

Bells

ADMINISTRATOR

United Kingdom

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:57pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Missy

grin and bare it :snigger:

A perfect take on the phrase 'grin and bear it'... lmao

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE