You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Maggie

• "Maggie" started this thread

Reg: Jul 28th 2008

Monday, July 28th 2008, 5:24pm

Antibodies ICSI or IUI

:innocent:Hi Scientist - took me 3 years to register here, so here goes!!!

Last year had very unnerving experience with severe ohss. Reluctant to go through ICSI again -Dh has antibody problem.
20 eggs - 5 fertilized, 1 suitable-didn't take
Have been told since retrieved sperm better to use in our situation as not mixed with antibodies?

Previous results
Count/ml 20 10x6
Anatomy 98% abnormal
Motility 2%

Had biopsy cons. said certainly were moving but not suitable to freeze??
However taking vitamins and steroids for 3 mths. Since then SA results greatly improved but cons. recommends ICSI again and just put up with OHSS - I am not so keen!!

Recent SA
Count/ml 103 10x6
Anatomy 90% abnormal
Motility 30% motile
MAR 80% IgG bound

Washed sample
Count/ml 5 10x6
Anatomy 0% abnormal
Motility 60% motile

I feel this would be suitable for IUI but cons. says ICSI only way. I feel he does not want to backtrack after previous ICSI and he is very difficult to talk to - evades all questions. I have read you can get good success rates with 5 million +. Would like your opinion as I feel trapped into injecting myself and spending another gruelling spell in hospital! I would have no problem with ICSI if I didn't get so sick- please comment!!!
Thanks ? ?(
Mags

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Maggie" (Jul 28th 2008, 5:29pm)

Duffymoon

Megastar

Reg: Jun 11th 2007

Children: Boy/girl twins born 2010

Monday, July 28th 2008, 10:43pm

RE: Antibodies ICSI or IUI

Hi Maggie

Welcome to :FZ: - I'm sure you'll find this site really helpful on your journey :D

I've posted your question on our Life in the Lab thread here

LIFE IN THE LAB - FOR ALL OF YOUR SPERM QUESTIONS

I hope Sperm Scientist can answer your query.

All the best [zx189]

xxx

4 x ICSI BFN
5th time :BFP:
:boy: :girl:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE