You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kags

• "Kags" started this thread

Reg: Apr 1st 2008

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:07pm

Glasgow Nuffield Hospital

Hi

Has anyone on here had any experience of the Glasgow Nuffield?

We are due to start treatment there and are interested in hearing other experiences.

Thanks
Me 37 - DH 34
1st Attempt IVF, Down Reg 29th July, Cancelled low response
Right salpinoophorectomy Jan 08.

suki

Ace

Reg: Apr 11th 2008

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:35pm

Hi there, sorry I went to the GCRM, but one of our friends went to the Nuffield & thought it was excellent, from the facilities to the flexibility of appointments & scans. She had ICSI and now has a little boy. I'm sure someone will be along soon with first-hand advice, good luck for your treatment!

nat :BFP: Feb 2008 mc 7wks

IVF April 08 :BFP:
FET April 2010 :BFN:
IVF July 2010 - ET postponed
FET Sept 2010 :BFP:

Kags

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:56pm

Thanks for that, I did have a look at GCRM too but decided on Nuffield as I had already met the consultant.
Me 37 - DH 34

karrie

Reg: Jul 14th 2008

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:57pm

RE: Glasgow Nuffield Hospital

Hi there,

I had one go at IUI there and they are all lovely and professional. I am not a fan of IUI due to the poor stats so i didnt go back but only have nice things to say about all the nurses.

Good luck on your journey!

Karrie x
Karrie x

karrie

Reg: Jul 14th 2008

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 4:59pm

P.S.

Is your consultant Dr Conway, if it is he is really nice and you can phone or email him anytime. I thought he was great. x
Karrie x

Kags

Friday, July 25th 2008, 2:53pm

Hi

I am with Dr Haxton, he's actually quite nice and chatty - I beleive I see the nurses more than him - he just takes my money and runs! :snigger:

The nurses I have seen have been lovely, it's all very relaxed and calm - Nuffied is quite handy for me too, wee still have our NHS goes to get (fingers crossed don't need them) GRI isn't the handiest place to get to.
Me 37 - DH 34

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Wednesday, July 30th 2008, 4:32pm

hi,

hope you dont mind me asking but do you need to pay the nuffield all at once or do they let you pay it up?
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Thursday, July 31st 2008, 10:27am

Hey FF,

Good Luck with your treatment Hun!
You will be well looked after at the Nuffield, all the nurses are amasing :D
We are hoping for a BFP from them too!!

:goodluck: :weehee: [zx126]

:girl: :girl:

twin girls

Kags

Friday, August 1st 2008, 1:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by chalmers206
hi,

hope you dont mind me asking but do you need to pay the nuffield all at once or do they let you pay it up?

Ooops sorry, I missed your post.

I paid in full on Tuesday when I had my down reg jab but I know they do offer payment options. Hope this helps. They have been lovely and are very accomodating.
Me 37 - DH 34

chalmers206

Superstar

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:28pm

hi,

ok thanks. I know they do personal loans but dont know if they let you pay treatment up, guess i will need to keep saving.

Kags

Friday, August 1st 2008, 3:51pm

I don't think they do, they ask for payment when treatment starts - I nearly forgot this on Tuesday till the nurse asked me ........... ouch! That was sore! My saving grace has been that our GP prescribed the drugs so that was a mighty saving.

I see from your ticker that you are needing over £5000, we are having IVF and it was £2495 so not too bad (but still painful!)

Good luck!
Me 37 - DH 34

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kags" (Aug 1st 2008, 3:53pm)

chalmers206

Superstar

Sunday, August 17th 2008, 1:00am

hi ferrari,

we need icsi and sperm retrieval which comes to just over £6000, we are now thinking of going to edinburgh as its £2000 cheaper.

mary 34

Reg: Sep 6th 2008

Children: 2 step children

Sunday, September 7th 2008, 2:39pm

RE: Glasgow Nuffield Hospital

Hi

I'm new to this site but my husband and I are doing our first cycle of ICSI at The Nuffield hospital in Glasgow and have found all the staff to be very good and helpfull it is a lovely place it is more like a clinic than hospital . I have been attending from Stranraer and they have taken into consideration my travelling time when arranging appointments with me but I am nearing the end now as having a frozen embryo transfer on Wednesday. Hope this helps , if you need any more information e-mail and i will be happy to help if I can.

Good luck and I hope all goes well
mary

Reg: Jul 10th 2008

Children: TTC number one

Monday, September 8th 2008, 10:22am

Hi Ladies we have our consultation at the Royal Infirmary but we only have £3,000 if we decide to go private which is nothing in the greater scheme of things - how much does it cost for a cycle at the Nuffield? ;(
Me 37 (low AMH) DH 40 (LSC)
TTC since Dec 2006
ICSI 1-Jan 2010 no response
ICSI 2-March 2011 (1 egg) BFN
ICSI 3 DE -Currently on 2WW test 24/3/12

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 9th 2008, 9:08am

Hi Angel Mouse,

I can give you a rough idea as I have the Nuffield price list here......

IVF (fee per cycle EXCLUDING drugs) £2495

ICSI ( fee per cycle EXCLUDING drugs) £3495

As for the drugs, I paid Homecare roughly £750 for my Gonal F and Ovitrelle injections.

Sorry that you haven't had your BFP yet :rolleyes:

I think that staff are great at the Nuffield and my consultant is amasing!!
lets hope that they can get me a BFP!!!

Good Luck with your journey :D :D :D :D xxx

twin girls

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "MacMummy" (Sep 9th 2008, 9:09am)

Reg: Nov 27th 2008

Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:01pm

Hi

We have just been referred to see a Gynaecologist and a Urologist after my husband has had a low sperm count confirmed. Can someone advise me if you can stay on the NHS waiting list whilst having a go privately so that if it is not successful you can still have your NHS treatment?

Also, what is the average waiting times for your initial Gynae appointment in NHS Glasgow area. It is actually the Southern General we have been referred to but there is no thread for them on here.

Thanks

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 11th 2008

Children: 1 wee lad

Thursday, August 27th 2009, 4:04pm

anyone going to the Nuffield open evening on tuesday 12th september??

Ex: 4xICSI = 2x BFP(2x m/c) + 2x BFN
met my awesome BF lurve in sept 2012
Shock natural :BFP: May2013

arrived early (high BP & pre eclampsia) by EMCS at 35+6
baby4 home safe on Xmas day

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 15th 2009, 9:38pm

hmmmmm it was today the 15th!!
i went and it was a nice set up. they sound very informed and person centred. if only they had their egg share programme up and running! i would go there

xXx

JoG22

Reg: Feb 25th 2011

Friday, February 25th 2011, 10:12pm

Hi, Im a neewbie and looking for advice/ help please!

How long did it take from initial meeting with consultant to getting treatment at Nuffield?? Hubby and I have had all our tests- looks like I have PCOS and huby has low sperm count/motility. We've been advised we need ICSI and the waiting list is 1year, so have decided to go private. We have a meeting with DR Conway next week to discuss our options. Can anyone advise how long we have to wait? Feel like Im going crazy at times, been trying for a while and nothing moves fast!!!!!

Thanks

Kags

Friday, February 25th 2011, 11:16pm

Hi

As far as I am aware the Nuffield don't have a waiting list, from meeting the consultant you will be in the system and when I was a patient it took weeks to get into treatment. They have to get all your screening info and sort out the legalities then it's onwards from there.

Good luck!
Me 37 - DH 34

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Friday, February 25th 2011, 11:20pm

Hi JoG22

I had cycles at Nuffield and my consultant was Dr Conway too, he was fabulous and the unit is great, the nurses are just wondefful, they made the whole experience as easy as it could be. I actually got a nice warm fuzzy feeling going to the hospital. unfortunately I was unlucky and had 2 fresh cycles of IVF with them but was unsuccsessful. they get things moving pretty quickly and i would guess roughly 1 month to 6 weeks maybe even sooner and then your treatment really depends on your cycle, have you had your screening done then, if you have then it should all run pretty quickly although I am unsure about ICSI. the bonus with them is how quickly you can be seen. hope i have been of help but sorry dont know more about ICSI x

JoG22

Sunday, February 27th 2011, 12:11am

Hey, thanks Kags and Nic!

Thats such a relief to know it wont be long!!! I had first blood tests at my GP June 09 then had initial appt at Monklands hospital in December, our meeting with consultant isnt until April- so all in itll be 10months just to get to speak to someone about it all properly and thats after trying for so long. It took only a week to get an appt at Nuffield. I didnt think there would be long waiting lists since its private (and costs a lot) but with the way things have been so far....
I saw on another forum that Dr Conway was good so its a relief to have that confirmed. I read that Dr Jain (who is our consultant at Monklands) isnt the nicest and from the letters she has sent us I kinda get the feeling she isnt. I have so many questions for Dr Conway!
I'm sure we did have all screening done including AMH which is why the question on PCOS, though it hasnt been confirmed yet.
Thanks so much for advice ladies! Hope everything is going well for you.
TTC is the most emotional thing I have ever had to deal with and at times I feel like Im going crazy. Its good to be reminded Im not alone.
I agree with that Nic- no dream is ever too big, dont give up hope! x

Reg: Mar 24th 2011

Thursday, March 24th 2011, 10:45pm

Hope you don't mind me butting in....

Hey I'm about to start at Nuffield any feedback from you ladies that's are on their journey.? X
:O
:flowers:
1 # icsi June 2011 :BFN:
2 # icsi Sept 2011 xfingers

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 7:32pm

hi lissy
this thread can be very quiet as it seems not many ladies on this site attend the nuffield
you might want to join us on one of the other scotland threads- the GRI or GCRM threads are much more active!

im in the GRI thread and although it is mainly NHS ladies- they also have a private side (RMU) that i have now graduated to as my NHS tries have not had a happy ending

come say hi- this week there have been a few new ladies joining in and there is loads going on with all types of treatments and waiting till treatments start

you too joG22

x

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "curlywurlyllass" (Mar 30th 2011, 7:36pm)

Wednesday, March 30th 2011, 7:37pm

Thanks for that curlywurlyllas....will join you shortly. X

Reg: Apr 19th 2011

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 12:14pm

Newbie...

Hi girls... my hubby and I are about to start ICSI at the Nuffield Glasgow in the next few weeks, we've got our first appointment with Dr Conway on Tues.... would love to hear from any of your guys as to what we should expect etc.... I am super-super excited but nervous at the same time.... such a rollercoaster.... fingers crossed it works out for us all... baby dust to all xx

MacMummy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 2:06pm

Just wanted to wish you all the best of luck for your TX at the Nuffield xfingers

I only have good things to say about all the staff there & as you will see from my signature, they did a grand job for me!

I would also recommend that you take advantage of their use of a free counsellor, she is excellent and I found it very helpful.

MM xx

twin girls

Tuesday, April 19th 2011, 2:17pm

Hi, looks like we will be there around the same time wantabubba, we are just back from my DH sperm retrieval and all went well with that. :biggrin:
We have our nurse consultation on Thursday so hopefully we will be full steam ahead.....I too am well excited! All the staff so far have bn ever so helpful so no complaints from me.
Thanks for your wishes MM and glad it all went well for you.
Wishing you both well and sending loads of babydust to you Wantabubba

Axx

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 9:25am

Hi Lissy.... that's great we will be there around hte same time, someone to share all my questions with...... how unlucky are you... lol!! So how long from your first consultation then until the retrieval? I am hoping my hubby's goes ok, thing is his sperm sample was pretty poor at Monklands... just crossing my fingers that that is enough good sperm to use... Anyway... good luck ... and keep me updated on your prgress!! xx

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 9:26am

Oh MacMummy you have given me such hope.... twins .... what a joy!! Here's hoping we all have as much luck as you had!! xx

Wednesday, April 20th 2011, 6:45pm

Hi,

It took about 4/5 weeks as I had to have my 1st consultation with Dr Lyall and then wait for my AMH results....which weren't very good....but hey nothing ventured nothing gained eh! I must say it's great on here as I have seen positive outcomes from lower AMH levels, so xfingers.

Phoned the embryologist today and we have 5 amps woohoo!

We are back tomorrow for our nurse consultation and I am day 4 of AF so I'm hoping they will count me from now till day 21?

Have you had your nurse appointment?

Oh and MM twins would be great, I have identical twin cousins and twin nephews on my DH side!!

Ax

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 10:13am

Hi Lissy,

Not had any appointments yet, first meeting with Dr Conway on Tuesday, so will find out more about everything then. Great news for you... i'm sure everything will work out just fine for you guys. So, would you say that from your first Dr appointment until actual implantation it would be about 6 weeks? I am sooo keen now just ot get started.. but soo nervous at the same time. So glaad I found this site though, you always think you are going through these things alone.. it's so good to chat to people on the same boat!

xx

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 11:15am

Hi,

No I think it will be a bit longer than that as we are at 5 weeks since our 1st appointment so far and from now, I think it should be about 6 weeks if they start me today! But I'm not sure if they will wait till my next AF? Will let you know later. :)

I was like you, just want to get started....

This site is great, there is always someone here that can answer any questions you have and everyone is really friendly!

Ax

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 11:38am

Hey guys couldn't read and run, I have had 2 short protocol IVF cycles at Nuffield and found everyone to be amazing, from having our consultation with nurse we had to have all screening done then was all that was in it was a case of all systems go. good luck for your cycles girls x

JoG22

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 8:09pm

No I think it will be a bit longer than that as we are at 5 weeks since our 1st appointment so far and from now, I think it should be about 6 weeks if they start me today! But I'm not sure if they will wait till my next AF? Will let you know later. :)

Hi Lissy

I've met with Dr Conway, had all blood tests and hubby gave sperm sample. We've taken our time a bit since meeting Dr (about 1month) to think more and save more! We have appt next week to complete our HEFA paperwork, how long from your experience do you think it will take for us to get started with the procedure? Also I'm trying to keep this all secret from work colleagues...theres nothing worse than having a bad day and someone mentioning babies etc so how long would you say I need to take off work. I need to make sure I keep some annual leave days!!!

Thank you! :thumbsup:

Joanne

JoG22

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 8:15pm

Hi Lissy.... that's great we will be there around hte same time, someone to share all my questions with...... how unlucky are you... lol!! So how long from your first consultation then until the retrieval? I am hoping my hubby's goes ok, thing is his sperm sample was pretty poor at Monklands... just crossing my fingers that that is enough good sperm to use... Anyway... good luck ... and keep me updated on your prgress!! xx

Hi Wantabubba

Just wanted to say that Monklands told my hubby his sperm count was 7million at first test then 4million at second test.....Nuffield his count was TWENTY ONE MILLION!!!!!!!! Mobility still not great so ICSI needed. Obviously a mistake made there and Im sure it was Monklands, not very impressed with them. It may not be as poor as you thought!

Good luck

Joanne x

Thursday, April 21st 2011, 10:28pm

We are full steam ahead!

Hi Ladies,

Well we are officially on day 5 of a 21 day till DR on the long protocol, the nurses were very helpful and kind, they put you at ease! Phew!

I should get the prostap injection on 5th may.

When we came out the clinic my DH surprised me with tickets for a 10 day break to Fuerteventura leaving on Saturday morning, he thought it would chill me out before the treatment starts :happy:

So...I will try and log on when I am away so keep posting the updates and if you don't hear from me I will log in the minute I get back.

Take care and good luck.

Axx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 3:37pm

Hi.. sorry girls ive just not had a chance to reply. Well we have been to the Nuffield and met with Dr Conway, to be honest I came out from the meeting feeling alittle down, not because he wasn't a nice guy but because it all became so real... Anyway, after having a good think about things for a few days we have decided to go ahead and give the Nuffield one shot, bascially cause it's all we can afford! Only thing is he has asked us to try and get all our test results from Monklands... did you girls do this or did you get everything done at the Nuffield? I think it will save us some cash but to be honest the staff at Monklands are being alittle cagey!! Also, for the lucky girls that have had success stories from the Nuffield would you be good enough to kinda run through the processes with me.... my mind is running a mock!!

Lissy... hope you had a good holiday you lucky girl!!

Baby dust to all....... xx

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 5:24pm

Hi wantabubba

I have done 2 cycles with Nuffield but sorry to say that I was unsuccessful, I have a friend though who recommended the clinic to me and she now has 1 year old twins. I found Dr Conway and the nurses to be amazing and it is true it will save you some cash if you get your tests done on nhs. I had most of my tests done at my GP's. I think we only needed 1 done at nuffield and we only had it done there as it saved lots of time. are you on a long or short protocol. I did short protocol with menopur and cetrotide and the entire cycle only lasts approx a month from start to finish and you will start on day 3 of your cycle with stimming injection drugs to stimulate follicle growth, you will then go back to the nuffield after a few days to have vaginal scan and blood taken where they can monitor how you are stimming. you may then be introduced to another injection which you will take in the morning which will prevent you from ovulting and you will do this each day (so 2 injections per day). you will then go back for a scan every couple of days and bloods too until your follicles are at the correct size for Egg collection. usually about 10 days of stimming. you will then be given advice as to when to take your last injections and when to the take an injection to mature your follicles approx 36 hours before egg collection. hope that has not confused you too much

then you will be sedated and your egg will be retrieved and then fertilised with your partners sperm and then transferred back into the womb (done just llike a smear) then you wait 2 weeks and test.

so to simplify

stim injectables for approx 10 days(evertone is different)
egg collection under light sedation (which I secretly love)
Embryo transfer couple days later
2week wait(the hardest bit)
test

although must remind you that your protocol might be different to mine.

and the rooms that you use before and after egg collection and embryo transfer are like little hotel rooms and are lovely with tv etc so your partner can relax while you are in theatre etc

good luck and sorry for the long post x

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 8:41pm

Well that's us back from a lovely relaxing holiday and ready to start our journey....it's so exciting, in a strange way I can't wait to get my prostap injection on Friday....I am a bit wary though not sure what to expect :(
Wantabubba, we have a fantastic GP who very kindly got all our bloods done which saved us a bit of money, every little helps as it is quite costly, we paid today so we're skint! Lol

Love to you all
Axx

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 9:15am

Hi Nic... thank you so much for the reply... I mean I have been reading all about what happens and what to expect on the internet but it's really not the same as speaking to someone that has gone through it... so BIG thanks chick!! sorry your tries haven't worked out but I'm sure you journey will be worth the wait.. my fingers are crossed for you! Are you moving on the NHS treatment now? That's another thing I found alittle unfair and didn't realise until meeting with Dr Conway, that if you have a baby at the Nuffield you are no longer intitled to free treatment on the NHS ... weird, surely if you pay your NI like everyone else you should be allowed the same treatment..... bizzare! As for my protocol.. we haven't got that far yet, I'm sure hat will be something the nurse will discuss with us before we start... xx

Lissy... I am so excited for you.... I hope everything goes well, you'll defo need to keep me posted, seems like we won't be too far apart with our treatment..... I hope we are both lucky!! xxx

Thursday, May 5th 2011, 10:50am

yeah wantabubba it is so unfair that this is the case and I also had a panic as I had heard that depending on where you live if you go private for treatment it may be deducted from your nhs cycles, where do you live, I am forth valley and found out that this is not the case for us so Phew doesn't affect us. dont want to panic you but maybe something you want to check out. where would you be having your NHS cycle? although you wont need it as you will be blessed with the nuffield. Thw waiting list is so long on the nhs there was no way we were waiting x

Friday, May 6th 2011, 9:43am

Hi Nic... thank you so much for the reply... I mean I have been reading all about what happens and what to expect on the internet but it's really not the same as speaking to someone that has gone through it... so BIG thanks chick!! sorry your tries haven't worked out but I'm sure you journey will be worth the wait.. my fingers are crossed for you! Are you moving on the NHS treatment now? That's another thing I found alittle unfair and didn't realise until meeting with Dr Conway, that if you have a baby at the Nuffield you are no longer intitled to free treatment on the NHS ... weird, surely if you pay your NI like everyone else you should be allowed the same treatment..... bizzare! As for my protocol.. we haven't got that far yet, I'm sure hat will be something the nurse will discuss with us before we start... xx

Lissy... I am so excited for you.... I hope everything goes well, you'll defo need to keep me posted, seems like we won't be too far apart with our treatment..... I hope we are both lucky!! xxx

Hi Wantabubba,
Well my day has arrived...the prostap injection awaits me....the appointment is 4.30 so my head is mince it's all I can think about lol!
Not sure what to expect? Anyhow will defo keep you posted and you likewise.

Ax

Friday, May 6th 2011, 11:00am

Good luck Lissy! sound like you are on the long protocol so very differetn from mine but all the best and I hope you get your BFP x

Friday, May 6th 2011, 12:26pm

Good luck Lissy...... I have everything crossed for you!! xx

Friday, May 6th 2011, 10:15pm

Hi Wantabubba and Nic

Well that's the start....prostap done, feeling good so far so hopefully will be plain sailing xfingers , just need to wait for a bleed then it's on to stimms.

It is the long protocol I'm on Nic, they said that would most suit me because of my age, I hope they've got it right! I've read so many different stories about both protocol you just put your trust in them don't you?
Love to you both.
Ax

Saturday, May 7th 2011, 12:04am

Oh I am not really sure what protocol you are on lissy I just assumed you were as it was different from mine, it sound like you are though as it sounds like the prostap is for down regulating where I didn't do that. I just went straight on to stimming. you do put your trust in them and they will really look after you, you are in good hands. good luck x

Monday, May 9th 2011, 1:38pm

Well girls... got my appointment next week to see the nurse and go through all our paperwork.... cannot wait to get started! Had quite a bad weekend, do you ever get that you just can't shake the sadness?? I know that sounds weird but on Saturday I was a complete mess... my poor hubby .... I just kept crying at the thought of having to go through all this treatment which I know is all worth it but things just got too much.... :rolleyes: Anyhow.... woke today feeling strong again and so called and made our appointment.... sorry for the rant......

Just hoping everything goes to plan ... roll on next week.....

Lissy... how were you feeling over the weekend.... ??

xx

Monday, May 9th 2011, 4:46pm

Hi Nic & Wantabubba,

Amazingly I feel fab, no side effects as yet ?( can't help thinking it's not working! I'm a bit impatient and hope AF comes soon but been told it can take 2 weeks?

That's great you've got your appointment for nxt week Wantabubba, your emotions are all over the place before you get started, I was exactly the same, just keep thinking what you will end up with a BFP!! X

Nic, how's things with you? X

Axx

Think we need a grouphug

Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 8:46am

Glad everything is going so well for you Lissy.... hope I'm the same! So tell me this, do you start injections before AF, I thought they started the 1st day of your period? Sorry for all the questions, i'm sure I'll know more after Wednesday.... Have you decided whether you would have 1 or 2 embies?

xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE