You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 4:34pm

That's realy great, are u getting your meds from them or your own GP?

Well we only managed to get 4 fertilised out of 23, 15 mature, all 4 survived, 3 were grade A and one was smaller, the smaller one was given 2 more days to grow but didn't get much bigger so they said it wouldn't be a good one to use so it was destroyed, so have 2 wee frozen embroys for the future :happy:

In the end i was just greatful for one as we were told we prob wouldn't get past fertilisation, so two spare is a huge bonus.

Good luck for tomor, again legs in stirrups and your fully awake, a little uncomfortable and my husband didn't know where to look so that kept me amused.

Who's doing your collection/transfer?

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Oct 10th 2011

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 6:35pm

Hi,

What meds do you get?

I'm so grateful it's worked so well for us so far too, hopefully that luck continues xfingers .

Dr. Conway done my collection so I guess it'll be him who'll do the transfer?

Lynsey
x
ICSI Feb 12 :BFP:

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 9:42am

Hi Lynsey did you get your transfer?

Any wee frozen embroys?

Did you get crinone to use?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, February 4th 2012, 9:14pm

Hi,

How are you?

Yeah, got transfer. Nothing to it really like you said. Just got the one put back. We only had 5 by the time Thursday came so got 4 frozen.

Yeah got the Crinone, no side effects yet, I'm sure it'll come.

How did you feel after transfer and the days after? I'm not sure how I feel! Sometimes I feel really confident that it's going to work and then I get other times I'm convinced it's a failure!

Back on Valentives Day to find out. How lovely would that be to get a positive result on Valentines Day xfingers .

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, February 5th 2012, 9:50am

Hi Lynsey glad it went well.

It took about 3-4 days for me to notice the effects of the crinone, i'm sure not everyone gets them though.

I wasn't negative about the whole thing but very realistic, we were given less than 10% of success so i never got my hopes up, however as it neared the end of the 2 week wait i started to think why wouldn't it work, we had the best eggs and the best sperm used, they fertilised, they were growing nicely and were grade A, the doctor had put the embryo back in the best place, i was taking crinone why wouldn't it work, but then i would remind myself why does every female not get preg the first time they try.

I think for me as well i prepared for it not to work, but i couldn't accept there would be no explanation which i couldn't get my head round, i knew i would need answers and there weren't going to be any. Thankfully it didn't come to that.

I did take things very easy during the 2ww, i ate very healthy, didn't drink, didn't exercise, and relaxed where poss, not easy for you when you already have a wee girl but if you can just take it easy, i have no idea if that helped but in my head it did :)

Believe it or not the 2ww flew in for me, i did do a preg test 2 days before but i wouldn't recommend it, just made me stress for a day and a half that it was a false positive :O

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, February 6th 2012, 10:18am

Hi,

Still no cottage cheese side effect yet, just a "always damp feeling". :O

Yeah I have the same thoughts. The part that we couldn't achieve ourselves has been done for us and put back where it should be but I'm still very sceptical about it working. I'm not sure if I'm doing that self consciously, not building myself up for anything so I don't have the devastation of a negative result. I don't know, the mind and body are a weird thing! Did you ever think "what if it wasn't put back into the right place or what if it was never there to begin with?" I know they check to see that the pipe/syringe is clear afterwards.

Did you get any pain or cramps? I was quite sore on Thursday but that's expected a little better Friday but started experiencing cramps, tummy and back. I've been quite windy too :O my boobs have been agony but have eased a little today, I also feel about 4 months pregnant, I feel as though I have no stomach muscles . I've been getting like tugging feelings downstairs too, I don't know what's going on in my body, I just hope there's a wee baby devleloping. I've also been getting a pain, which I recall from my last pregnancy, (alot further on mind you) when I go to get out of bed or the car or put socks on I feel like I'm squashing something low in my tummy. I suppose I could still be quite swollen around my ovaries and that's what Im feeling. Oh and one last thing, I can have a mouthful of juice/water and I need to pee, feel as though my bladder is the size of a teaspoon, oops nearly forgot, I've been feeling dizzy and lightheaded, thought i was going to pass out in the shoer the other morning!

I think I might test the day before we go back as I'm not sure how I'll be if the nurses tell me it hasn't worked, I think I'll be inconsolable. I suppose I'll cry tears of joy if it's positive too, oh I don't know. ?( I think my curiosity will get the better of me anyway.

Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend!

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, February 6th 2012, 3:07pm

Hi Lynsey

Just back from a check up and when the nurse saw we had ICSI she said she would do a little exam on the side, so felt my tummy and said baby was sitting in the right place then got to hear the heart beat, totaly amazing.

I remember having cramps like a mild period cramp and also felt like i had pulled a muscle, i was uncomfortable for ages, very swollen even more than i am now, boobs went up 2 sizes and were agony, so sore i had to hold them when i didn't have a bra on at night if i was going up and down stairs :O

With the crinone by week 10 i was changing my underwear 3 times a day coz they always felt wet, i hate to say but sounds like u might get some build up, the wet pants was one of the first signs.

I was constipated for about a week after transfer and had a shooting pain up my bum when i went for a pee (tmi sorry)

I wouldn't drink any juice/tea without needing the loo straight away, and it wasn't like i just needed the toilet i was bursting, actualy thought i might have had a little infection, but then all the prodding about that's been going on it's no wounder things aren't quite right.

Tmi time, but if you plan on having sex prepare for pain :O

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, February 7th 2012, 10:15am

Hi,

That's lovely the nurse done that for you. It's always nice to hear the heart beat. Did she mention anything about your rhesus negative?

Oh sex, that is the furthest thing from my mind at the moment, don't think I'll be venturing there for another few weeks. Poor hubby!

Did you ever wake up with sore heads? I remember this from my last pregnancy. Yesterday and today I've woke up with a dull headache.

I woke up at 3am this morning and it's all I could think of, I had actually convinced myself that it hasn't worked. Had a few period like cramps so I was convinced that it was all over. All my other aches and pains seem to have dissapeared too. Hubby was nightshift so had nobody to talk to. Feeling a bit more positive today though, 7 days to go!!!

Take care

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, February 12th 2012, 10:16am

Hi Lynsey

How's things, is it Tues your back at the Nuffield? Have you been tempted to test yourself?

Was having an issue with my laptop but all sorted now.

Can't believe how quick your 2ww has went, fingers crossed for a great outcome.

How you getting on with the crinone?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, February 13th 2012, 12:58pm

Hi Laura,

Yeah, back tomorrow, soooo nervous!! Yes, I knew I would. I tested last week somepoint, was a negative :bawl: but I think it was too early. I re-tested Sat, Sun and Monday and have had faint positives! : D This mornings was a bit brighter than the past 2 days so fingers crossed it's a good signxfingersand not a malfunction with the test. I also felt horrendous this morning, thought I was going to be sick.

I'm really swollen and can't eat much (which is very unusual for me) I just feel really sore around my sides, I think i've had a gastric band as well as ICSI :snigger: . I'm going to ask about it tomorrow as it's really uncomfy.

I feel as though it's dragged in. Me n hubby were talking about that the other night, it's seem like ages ago I was injection and there for collection and transfer.

How have you been keeping?

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, February 13th 2012, 1:44pm

Oh fab i have everyhthing crossed for tomor.

Well i have a sickness bug that's doing the rounds, feel horrid and can't keep anything down which can't be good for baby, i was going to phone the midwife but i'm sure there's nothing to worry about and i'm just over reacting to everything which isn't like me one bit but since having treatment i feel everything is a drama :O

Good luck for tomor.

How's the crinone treating you?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 6:37pm

Hi Laura,

Sorry not been on before now. Well we got a :BFP: so happy, actually can't believe it!!!! To go back beginning of March for our 7 week scan, hoping and praying everything still ok then.

Oh, poor you, nothing worse. Either call your midwife or go and see your GP. I had a bug when I was pregnant last time, doctor phoned the hospital and they were going to admit me incase of dehydration but didn't in case it was infectious. She gave me anti-sickness tablets and dioralyte to re-hydrate me. The tablets worked a treat.

This is you for the rest of your life, you'll worry forever, you had better get used to it, lol!

Going ok with the Crinone, a little cottage chees when I wipe but I'm too scared to venture in myself, scared of what I may find, lol!

Hope you're feeling a bit better and taking things easy. Try not to worry about the sickness affecting the baby, I have a friend who was sick from the day she found out she was pregnant to the day she gave birth. She lost alot of weight, weighed less after giving birth than she did before becoming pregnant but she basically popped the baby out and she was a healthy wee 7lbr. Although you may be feeling horrendous anything you do manage to keep down the baby will take all the goodness. Try to drink plenty fluids if you can.

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, February 15th 2012, 6:40pm

happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance happydance

Congratulations you must be so thrilled

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Friday, February 17th 2012, 12:50pm

Hi Laura,

How are you keeping?

Yeah we are, totally over the moon. :D Did you have any apprehensions from your BFP till your 7-8 week scan? I'm constantly worrying!

Side effects of the Crinone taking effect now, had a horrible burning sensation and had to have a clear out, yuk!

Hope you have a nice weekend!

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, February 17th 2012, 2:43pm

Hi Lynsey

Went to the docs today and they have signed me off work for two weeks, i'm sleeping for about 20 hours a day it's awful.

I know under normal circumstances woman must worry but when you have treatment i think you worry ten times more. I just took things as easy as poss, i was on constant toilet and underwear watch inspecting them every time i went to the loo, i still check even now :O again i'm sure there are people who worry throughout a normal pregnancy but i def think at each stage i relaxed a wee bit but i still refuse to relax fully and with this sickness bug hitting me it's a new type of worry.

Sorry to hear about the crinone i thought you had managed to escape the side effects, i got into a bad habit of clearing it out every day, it's hard not to but i don't think your ment to prod about too much down there but mine got so bad i was changing underwear 3 times a day, i eventualy gave up at week 10 :sadface: felt awful but couldn't cope with it anymore. Even though i had stopped i was still getting a build up and the last of it to come out was about the size of a golf ball (tmi) sorry, and that wasn't until about week 14, if i had had a camera in the toilet i would have taken a pic i was in total shock lol and of course men don't realy understand. I'm just glad my hubby is so laid back or i would have gone crazy.

I'm not sure what hosp your gonna go to but i'm going to be given two additional scans, one at 30 weeks and one at 36 weeks, they just looked at my file saw fertility treatment and i know they assumed the problem was with me, i never correct people when they assume this but i'm more than happy to take the extra scans :happy:

Enjoy your weekend

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 21st 2012, 11:16am

Hi Lynsey

How's things have you told anybody about your :BFP:

How's the crinone?

I bought a dopplar heart monitor the other day to put my mind at rest more than anything, it's amazing love being able to hear the baby whenever i want :happy:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 21st 2012, 11:17am

Hi Lynsey

How's things have you told anybody about your :BFP:

How's the crinone?

I bought a dopplar heart monitor the other day to put my mind at rest more than anything, it's amazing love being able to hear the baby whenever i want :happy:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, February 21st 2012, 12:50pm

Hi,

How are you?

Only told close family, they're all over the moon for us. :D

Haven't had anymore bother with the Crinone, fingers crossed it stays that way xfingers

I've been thinking of getting one of them too. I just want our 7 week scan to be here!!! I've lost all my symmtoms, not feeling sick in the morning anymore. Still tired and suffering with headaches though. I know i'm too early to hear anything and I think I'd go into a frenzy if I bought one just now and couldn't hear anything. I just hope and pray everything is OK when we go back in March. How did you stay sane during your wait?

Do you have any movement yet?

I had to call the Nuffield at the weekend, my stomach was huge! I was dreading someone asking me when I was due, I actually had to wear my maternity trousers from last time, which I wore at full term. I had been at my own docs to get my prescription for Crinone and he asked how I was feeling otherwise. I told him I was really uncomfy and swollen. He had a look, tap and feel of my tummy and said "I don't know much about it but I do think there is some fluid in your tummy and offered to phone the Nuffield for me. I said it was OK I would give them a call when I got home, they did say just to call them if we ever had any questions. I phoned and spoke to Karen she explained a wee bit to me asked me to measure around my tummy from Friday to Monday and told me to keep drinking fluids. She thought I might have a mild form of OHSS. So measured my tummy I was 40" then 391/22 then 38 by the time Monday came when she called me to see how I was. I feel a miliion times better now.

Take care

Lynsey

x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 10:17am

Hi Lynsey

Glad to hear the crinone symptons are staying away.

Well i had had a few movements until i took not well and haven't felt much since then but the weight is starting to creep on now and i'm just eating as normal so hoping that's a good sign.

To be honest i never believed i was preg, even at the 7 week scan i think the nurses were more excited than me, i started to think the treatment had affected me more than i thought, it was only at 12 weeks when the baby looked like a baby and was moving about that i started to accept it was happening. We had a lot of family problems on the run up and during treatment and had to have our dog put to sleep the day before we started treatment, all that stress and being told we had less than 10% it would work i just found it hard to believe that it had.

I had no symptons other than bigger boobs until after 7 weeks and the tirdness only hit me after 10 weeks, i look like death now, so much for pregnancy glow :happy:

When is your 7 week scan? I have my 20 week scan on Mon, hopefully relax a wee bit after that

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, February 27th 2012, 5:31pm

bab22 bab11 baby7

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, February 27th 2012, 9:32pm

Hi Laura,

Sorry haven't been on here for a few days. Laptops been playing up, I can access the site on my phone but can't type on it for some reason :?:

Congratulations on your baby boy news, that's lovely! You can go out and buy everything blue in the shops now, any excuse! Were you always going to find out or did you and hubby just decide today?

We've got our 7 week scan a week on Wednesday, feels as though it's dragged in. This is actually worse than the 2WW!

Hope you're over your bug now and feeling better. Our little girl had it last week, wee soul was up all night being sick. :-(

Take care

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 12:12pm

Hi Lynsey

Yeah feeling so much beter thankfully.

I knew i wanted to find out 100% but hubby wasn't as sure, he wanted to know but a lot of people were saying keep it as a surprise but at last minute decided he couldn't wait until July :) were keeping it a surprice from family.

Scan is no where near as good as 12 weeks but everything is as it should be and baby is a little riggler, was playing up so it took the nurse an hour to get all the pics she needed, and was starting to worry i hadn't put much weight on and if one more person said i didn't look 5 months i was going to scream but midwife said baby was the right size and that's all that matters to me.

I suppose u just have to think that if it was a normal pregnancy u wouldn't even get a 7 week scan and would need to wait until 12 weeks.

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, March 3rd 2012, 3:35pm

Hi Lynsey

How you keeping?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 10:26am

Hi,

How are you?

I'm fine, got scan today so fingers crossed everything ok, think I'll be able to relax a wee bit after this scan, be able to enjoy it more.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 11:12am

Hi Lynsey

Oh that's fab, i found mine a little uncomfortable coz my ovaries were still swollen but well worth it when you see the little heart beat :)

Let me no how you get on

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 8:33pm

Hi Laura,

Got scan, I'm 6+6. Found scan OK, was amazing to see that wee flicker on the screen. Can finally begin to relax a little. Got an appointment to see my GP on Monday for a referral.

How have you been keeping?

Lynsey
x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 9:35am

Hi Lynsey

That's great news your right on date, hopefully you can relax now and look forward to 12 week scan

Take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 9:11am

Hi Lynsey how you keeping?

Any morning sickness? Can't believe i'm just over 22 weeks the time is flying in

Take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 12:29pm

Hi Laura,

Not been on here for a while! I've had a urinary tract infection plus I had to go to the Early Pregnancy Clinic in the Southern for a scan as was having alot of cramping and stabbing pains in my stomach. Everythings ok though. My ovaries are still very swollen and full of follicles still, the sonographer counted 7 in one and 8 in the other. The pain I've been expreiencing is pressure on by bladder, bowels etc due to the swelling. Feeling much better now though, thank goodness.

No morning sickness, feel sick but not actually been sick, hopefully it stays that way.

How have you been feeling, you'll be getting quite a bump on you?

Lynsey

x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 8:42pm

Hi Lynsey

That sounds awful, i know how uncomfortable i was with the swollen ovaries but hopefully that's you on the mend.

Everything going well with me, i have a swollen tummy now but in clothes people still don't know i'm pregnant and when i tell them how far along i am they just stare at my tummy is dis believe. The midwife said because i done a lot of exercise before i got preg has prob helped with my size. I think ill just wake up one morning and he huge lol.

When will you be 12 weeks?

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, March 29th 2012, 3:14pm

Hi Laura,

How are you keeping, getting big?

I'll be 12 weeks on 10th April. Got my scan date through which is 19th April so I'll be 13+2 by then.

The Crinone pessaries are really starting to get me down, can't wait to finish them, not long to go now!

How far along are you now?

Take care

Lynsey

x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, March 30th 2012, 7:19pm

Hi Lynsey

I'm ok, have hip and back pain so i have been referred to physio and i have restless legs, not sure i can cope if this continues until the end.

I'm 24 +4

Oh no what's happening with the crinone? I felt terrible but i gave up just over the 10 week mark i couldn't cope with it.

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 11:23am

Hi Lynsey how's things?

Nearly at 12 weeks now not long to go, do you feel the time is dragging in?

Hope your well x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 11:23am

Hi Lynsey how's things?

Nearly at 12 weeks now not long to go, do you feel the time is dragging in?

Hope your well x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 10:30am

Hi Laura,

Sorry, not been on here for a while. It's all happening our end! Put house up for sale a month ago, it sold in a few days and we've to be out a week tomorrow so it's been a really busy time.

How are you, you can't have long to go now, you all organised?

I'm just over 15 weeks now, getting a bump, in the stretchy gear now. Due daye has been confirmed as 21st October, got 20 week scan begining of June, we're going to find out what it is. I have an inkling it's a boy as this is a completely diferent pregnancy than I had before. My skins all broke out, I'm really tired and i'm a moany moo. Wouldn't admit that to hubby though! : D

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, May 13th 2012, 6:52am

Hey how's things?

Was starting to think the worst when you hadn't posted in a while glad your ok.

I have just over 9 weeks until my due date, all had been going well until last weekend when i had a little scare (had some bleeding) got kept in hospital for 2 nights but everything is fine just a total shock more than anything else but made us both realise were not very prepared, babies room isn't done, didn't have a hospital bag, i didn't even have pjs had to send my mum and hubby to get me some as i have been living in my own pj bottoms and hubbys old tshirts (not a great look for others to see)

Only three weeks left at work woohoo :)

I have a very pregnant bump now, took it's time to appear i just looked fat until about 5-6 weeks ago.

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Jan 13th 2013

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 9:49am

Hi there, sorry I went to the GCRM, but one of our friends went to the Nuffield & thought it was excellent, from the facilities to the flexibility of appointments & scans. She had ICSI and now has a little boy. I'm sure someone will be along soon with first-hand advice, good luck for your treatment!

Hi there, sorry I went to the GCRM, but one of our friends went to the Nuffield & thought it was excellent, from the facilities to the flexibility of appointments & scans. She had ICSI and now has a little boy. I'm sure someone will be along soon with first-hand advice, good luck for your treatment!

hi m fairy from pakiatan.. can anyone give me some advise for me about icsi . bcz i come to glasgow for it

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, January 13th 2013, 12:51pm

Hiya

i had icsi at the Nuffield in Glasgow, i had an excellent experience there and my husband was also the one with the problem, i now have a beautiful baby boy.

please let me know if you need anymore advice

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE