You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 10th 2011

Monday, November 21st 2011, 10:46am

Hi Sasha,

How are you, how's things going?

Yes, we've got the doctors this afternoon, feeling quite nervous about it. I really hope she'll agree to the tests and drugs. xfingers

I've been ok, probably feeling the best I have in months. Don't know if that's down to the fact that I know in the new year we'll be going for ICSI. :happy:

Hope your keeping well

Lynsey

:xxx:
ICSI Feb 12 :BFP:

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Monday, November 21st 2011, 3:12pm

Hi Lynsey how did your app go have xfingers that you DR agrees to the meds.

It's weird don't feel any different i no it's still early days just wish i felt something to know everything was ok.

I'm sure ill eat my words when the morning sickness kicks in :O

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:45pm

Hey Sasha,

Our Dr can only do all the blood tests, she can't prescribe our drugs unfort :-( . She said she wasn't being difficult it was a Glasgow wide thing ?o( Do you live in Glasgow? We're still going to go for it, it's still a saving. How recent does your smear have to be? I had one a few months ago, they're not the most pleasant of things to have done, hopefully the one I had done will be acceptable. I suppose I'll have to get use to a bit of poking and prodding being done down there though :S . So she's going to e-mail our referral away to the nuffield along with all the tests/sample results we've had done so far and we've to phone and make our appointment at the nuffield. She did say that she'd recommend that I waited till I go back to the hosp re. my other results as it's hormone related and all the drugs etc. that I'll have to take during the ICSI treatment may interfere! I've got that appoinment 6th Dec so not that long away, I'll phone and make our consultation appointment for sometime that week.

Oh I can remember that feeling with our little girl : D I remember saying to my husband the day we went for our scan, what if they scan my tummy and there's nothing there? I had no symptoms at all, no sickness, tiredness, nothing, I had a really good pregnancy. I only hope we get to experience it all again :pray: .

So what is your due date?

Glad your keeping well, long may it last.

I'll keep you updated with my progress.

Lynsey
:xxx:

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, November 21st 2011, 10:05pm

Oh Lynsey that's crap but at least you asked, I live in Greenock, i honestly think it's how they feel on the day, i have continued to take a hormone called crinone and needed more, the gp that prescribed our drugs has retired so went to a different one, he wasn't going to give me it but when i told him all the stuff i had already been prescribed he eventualy agreed but think if i had went to him in the first place there's no way id have got it.

Your smear just has to be up to date, think it's every 3 years your ment to get one so the last couple of months is fine.

Not sure what your hormone issue is but you will need to get an AMH test done, it's to do with your hormones and app not available on the NHS and quite dear at the Nuffield but if your already getting tests for your hormones then def get all the results you can to try save money.

They have told me my due date yet but based on my cycle and a bit of research on the internet i would be due 18/7/12 but maybe they will tell me at early scan.

Keep me posted

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 11:01am

Hey Sasha,

How are you?

That's our appointment for our consultation made, yay :happy: !!!! Dec 7th with Mr Conway, who did you go with?

Yeah I did know that you had to get the AMH test done by the Nuffield, I suppose needs must eh? Yeah we defo going to get all the tests done by our doc that we can. Glad about the smear, one less procedure needing done!

Julys a nice time of year, you'll still have a few weeks of summer to get out and about. Our wee girl is August, I walked miles with her in her pram, September that year was lovely!

Was weight/BMI ever mentioned to you? I'm currently carrying a little extra weight, been doin a lot of comfort eating recently :yumyum: . I'm not massive but probably about 1 stone overweight, just hope we don't go and they tell me to lose the blubber first.

Hope your keeping well.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 11:03am

Sasha,

Meant to ask, what's the crinone for?

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 11:41am

Oh Lynsey that's fab news not long to wait.

We saw Dr Conway to, he was very pleasant, i was a little let down on our first app i had way to many questions that he couldn't answer until my hubby had gave a sample, i'm a bit of a nightmare once i start something i need answers yesterday :O . We only saw him twice then we just dealt with the nurses after that. He only charges a set fee i think it was £130, we thought we had to pay that each time we saw him. Your one step ahead knowing all the tests you need done i realy had no clue. If you have all your results esp your husbands def take them with you.

I was asked what weight i was by the nurses but never weighed and BMI was never mentioned.

Dr Conway always sends letters with each test result which is good and if you do need any tests done they bill you when you have it done instead of saving it all up and giving you a massive bill at the end which i found helpful, sounds silly coz it's the same amount :snigger:

The Crinone is progesterone, you start taking it the day after egg transfer, it just gives your progesterone levels a boost and is ment to keep the womb lining thick.

This may be too much info so sorry in advance but it's like a tampon that u insert, it has a square end that you squeeze to get the stuff out, not painful, i just do it when i get up in the morning. The down side is you can get a bit of a build up that's a bit clumpy that you will have to pick out yourself :O It doesn't smell thankfully and if you just keep thinkin it's doing good for the baby it's not so bad, i showed my hubby a bit think he thought i was making it up, he nearly ran a mile he was horrified :snigger:

The things we have to put our bodies through to have a baby, who would have thought it.

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, November 28th 2011, 10:44am

Hey Sasha,

How has your weekend been?

Yeah I know what you mean buy the paying as you go, does make the blow a bit easier than it all being taken in the one transaction.

Oooh yuk, that sounds horrible, something else to look forward to! So do you leave this thing in you or do you just use it to administer the Crinone and remove it? I suppose if it gives a better chance of pregnancy and sustaining a pregnancy then it's all worth it! :happy:

Do you mind if I ask what your husbands problem was? Was it the count, morphology or motility? My husbands is count and morphology. The doc said they're good swimmers just not enough of them and not enough good quality ones. I just hope we have enough good ones to take from a sample :S

Hope your keeping well.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 10:36am

Hi Lynsey well starting to feel very yuck now but no sickness yet, not sure which is worse.

You just administer the Crinone.

Got my early scan tomor but all roads are shut round where i stay because of the weather so just :shush: i get there.

Everything that could be wrong with his sperm is wrong, when he got his first test at the GP his count was 5000, most sperm were dead, not swimming or had crooked tails, we didn't know how many if any were good sperm at that point, but for the dr to say we had 0% chance of conceiving naturaly we knew it wasn't good.

First test at Nuffield they just told us how many good sperm and it was only 10, my husband then had a sample frozen and they managed to get 15, then on day of egg collection i think his overall count had went up but there were only 4 good sperm, so going on the average male having 20 million he was almost infertile. And when there is no explanation as to why it's so bad it's very annoying.

We honestly never thought it would work, we were realy just doing it so we could at least say we tried.

Still early days but just knowing it can and has worked is very comforting.

How's things with you?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 11:40am

My sis in law is the same, she's now 24 weeks. She was being sick in the morning but found eating a banana kinda helped, she now just feels sick, which she said is worse.

Yeah there's alot of flooding, not good :sadface: Fingers crossed the rain lets up a bit and you make your scan, so exciting : D .

The 3 SA my husband had done were all much of a muchness. The first showed 12 million with only 3% good quality, the next showed 8 million with only 3% good quality again and the last was 10 million with again 3% good quality. The most annoying part being the last 2 he had been taking Wellman Conception, Zinc, Folic acid, Vitamin C and Vitamin E for about 5 months and the results were worse :cross: !

A week tomorrow till our appointment, getting excited :happy: I just hope it works for us like it has for you xfingers . Did you take any supplements on the run up to or during treatment? I've been taking folic acid again for the past few weeks but is there anything else I could/should be taking?

I hope you manage to make your scan tomorrow, let me know how it goes.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 1:28pm

Hi Lynsey well my husband done everything, gave up drinking, stopped drinking coffee and energy drinks, he smoked the odd cig when stressed so stopped that, changed his diet and started going for walks and his sample was worse.

I didn't drink for about 2 weeks before i started or at any point during it, tried healthy eating without dieting which is hard when your stressed and gave up exercise (would go to the gym 4-5 times a week) and just walked everywhere instead and took folic acid.

I tried to rest as much a poss during the whole thing and not worry about silly things like house work.

I'm so used to running about mad trying to fit everything in and please everyone else but had to be a wee bit selfish and just have lots of me time, which again is hard because most of my friends/family have no idea i have had treament never mind that im now preg

Excited but nervous about tomor, three of our close family are convinced im having twins

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 2:40pm

OMG how amazing is it when you see your baby :thumbsup:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 10:55am

Hey,

Yeah it is AMAZING!!! That's great you made your appointment!!! :thumbsup: I take it there was only one heart beat??? So what happens now?

My hubby just taking Zinc now, really just to use them up. He doesn't smoke, only drinks on nights out which are few and far between, he does go to the gym but only does the treadmill and weights.

I'm a bit like that too, take my mum shopping, look after my newphew, rush about in the morning trying to get to nursery and work.....I'll just have to be selfish for a few weeks.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, December 1st 2011, 8:41pm

Hi Lynsey yes just one heart beat, not sure if there is still time to change into 2 or if i am too far along for that.

I just have to make an app for my GP who will refer me onto NHS.

The nurses at the Nuffield said i could still phone them if i had any probs which was very nice of them.

Have a nice weekend, i have a hen do on Sat totaly dreading it

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 3:45pm

Hi Lynsey how did you get on today?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, December 7th 2011, 10:57pm

Hey,

Yeah it went fine, I got blood taken for my AMH and my hubby got given his wee plastic pot :O . I'll phone my GP tomorrow and make an appointment to go and have the other tests done, hopefully be able to get an appointment for her early next week. Just need to wait on Dr Conway getting in touch with results of AMH, can you remember how long yours took? He said we mite have slightly higher chance of it working as we had already conceived naturally before xfingers . He said that hubby has probably always had a low count and that we must've just got really lucky the last time ?( .

How are you, how did the hen nite go? Was everyone asking why you weren't drinking? I found out I was pregnant with my daughter 2 days before my Xmas day/nite out in work, I used the old "i'm on antibiotics" excuse, it didn't work!!!

Hope your keeping well and taking care in all this bad weather.

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:18pm

Hi Lynsey glad it all went well.

I think they told me 10 days but think i got the results within the week, you will get everything in writing which helps.

Well i had to say i was starting in a new dept in work on the sun, which kinda is true, I got told I was moving 2 weeks ago but my boss knows i'm preg so is giving me office jobs at the mo, i'm sure my whole work know but i'm not saying a word at the mo :smile: so i think they bought it but felt terrible when they all txt to ask how my first day went :O

Just can't wait for the 12 week point to relax a bit now.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, December 20th 2011, 6:22pm

Hi Lynsey any news on your results?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, December 21st 2011, 8:51pm

Hi,

How are you keeping?

Got AMH results, 18.7, letter said very satisfactory and when I phoned up the ACS unit the girl I spoke to said "oh that's good". I've tried looking it up online but can't find out much info on it. Waiting on hubbys SA results coming back, shouldn't be too long for that as we got invoice for it yesterday. Some results from the tests the doc carried out are back but still waiting on 1 or 2 to come back. Just playing the waiting game at the moment. Once we get all out results back we'll make our appt for the nurse consultation. What happens after that? How does it all fit in with your cycle?

Hope your keeping well and looking forward to Xmas!

Lynsey
XOX

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, December 22nd 2011, 5:56pm

Hi Lynsey that's good, feel awful this week just realy tired and very yuck, jeans getting a bit tight but still no weight gain which is weird.

After the nurse consultation if you have all your results your good to go, they will give you a leter to give your doc so you know what meds to get.

Then it's just a case of waiting for your cycle to start.

On the first day you phone them up, they will give you an app to go in usualy day 3 of your cycle, you get an internal scan of your ovaries and they will explain how to do the injections, then it's approx every 3 days you get scans of ovaries until you have 7 or more eggs size 17 and above, my AMH is high so it worked realy quickly for me.

The nurses will keep you right

Have a great christmas hopefully this time next year there will be a new addition in your family

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, January 6th 2012, 11:30am

Hi Lynsey how's things? What stage are you at now?

Laura
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Friday, January 6th 2012, 9:46pm

Ha ha, just noticed I've been calling you Sasha and your names Laura, lol!!!

Hi,

How are you, how was your xmas and new year? How's the bump coming along?

Was at the Nuffield this afternoon, had my first scan and got my injection so i'm currently "down regging". Was really nervous about the scan as thought it would be more invaisive, more like a smear but as you know it's pretty painless. Injection was quite painful, i'm not good with needles at the best of times. Just need to play the waiting game now. Did you get any side effects from the injection?

Hope your keeping well and enjoying pregnancy!

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 11:07am

Haha no worries i'll answer to pretty much anything.

Had a good xmas and New Year managed out until 5am although paid for it the following day, did you and your family have a nice time?

I have a podge at the mo, still in my own clothes, not showing and still no weight gain, got a pre scan app today then 12 week scan on Mon, so i'm 12+2 today so getting there now

I didn't do down regging is that when you start half way through your cycle? I had a realy high AMH and was so impatient i just jumped right in. You must be so glad you have now started, honestly the time will fly in i'll be keeping everything crossed for you.

Take care

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 7:17pm

Hi,

Yeah we had a nice time, nice having a bit of time off together, wasn't a party animal like you though, 1.30 was my limit!

Lucky you, you're doing well, I was out of my normal clothes by the time I went for my 12 wk scan. I did kinda take the eating for 2 quite literally! Was it the Nuffield for your scan today? How did it go?

Yeah, you get a day 21 scan and then the injection wait for a bleed and then I think it's a baseline scan, blood test and then the injections you do yourself. Yeah I'm glad we're on our way now, just hoping its a positive outcome xfingers .

Take care

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, January 7th 2012, 8:48pm

Hi

I'm finished with the Nuffield now, after early scan you just refer yourself to NHS, so was just at our local hospital just going through some paper work and then back for scan on Monday.

I was a bit confused about the testing for down syndrome so i'm glad i had the app coz i didn't have a clue how it all worked.

Have a nice weekend

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Monday, January 9th 2012, 7:37pm

Hey Laura,

How are you, how did your scan go?

Hubby and I have been chatting and we're undecided as to how many embryos to get put back in (if we're lucky enough to have the option), how many did you get put in?

Hope you had a nice weekend.

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 10th 2012, 11:19am

Hi Lynsey how are you?

Well the scan was the most amazing thing i have ever seen, i honestly thought i would just see what looked like a baby, oh no, baby was wriggling about, doing back flips, waving it's arms then the most amazing thing happened, we saw the mouth open and the nurse told us that would be the baby eating :happy:

Based on my early scan i would have been 12+2 yesterday but they have put me at 13 weeks so very chuffed.

I had a realy high AMH and 23 eggs collected, they strongly advised me against putting 2 back but i think they base it on each person, there's plenty of time to think about it, the nurses certainly said i should put 2 back but the consultant that done my egg collection/transfer strongly advised against it as did the embrologist, i figured they do this on a daily basis and there the experts so i took there advice but they are only giving advice if you feel strongly about getting 2 put back i don't think they can say no.

What stage are you at i'm a bit clueless with the route you have taken?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 10:50am

H

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

Friday, January 13th 2012, 10:15am

Hi,

How's you?

Thought I had replied, but obviously not going by my last post.....

Yeah, the scan is amazing. It's strange to think that there's this wee thing in your tummy spinning around and kicking and you can't even feel it. Won't be long, you'll be getting an elbow here and a knee there. Wee brucey bonus you're a few days further on.

Think we'll wait and see how many embryos (if any) and the quality before we decide how many.

I'm currently on day 7 after having the jag that puts you into "menopause stage" but I started to bleed this morning (TMI) so I phoned them and I've to go in on Monday for another scan (i think). The nurse I spoke to this morning asked what drugs I decided on so that she can order them up. I'm going for Gonal F, what did you go for? So I take it I'll prob start my injections next week.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Friday, January 13th 2012, 8:13pm

Hey i had gonal f and another one, i was taking two at the same time but not sure if you will be the same.

The scan if it's the same as mine will be internal, not very nice when your bleeding but i just kept thinking they do this every day and will give you a demo how to do the jags, it will be to check your ovaries and count any follicles, then you will prob go every three days for scans to check how quickly your follicles are growing, my husband came for the first one but after that i just went myself it doesn't take very long.

Let me know how you get on

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, January 17th 2012, 10:21am

Hi Laura,

How are you?

Went along yesterday, had scan and got blood taken, the blood was a nitemare, 3rd time lucky, ouch :bawl: !!! Everything looked as it should on the scan so started my injections this morning. Was a bit nervous but as you know you don't feel a thing. I've to do 225 twice a day today and tomorrow and then just once a day until next Monday, that's when my next appointment is. I thought I would have been back before that but I'll just do as I'm told.

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 18th 2012, 8:48pm

Hi Lynsey it sounds like your injections are a bit diff from mine, i took one one day then 2 every day after that, think i was on 230.

I had a prob getting blood taken once there to it was dripping out then they swapped arms and it happened again, bloody sore.

I think i went every 3 days but they maybe base it on your AMH and you took a slightly diff route than me.

It will fly in :)

I have to say my injections got a bit sore just before egg collection and had a few bruises but my ovaries were very swollen coz i had so many eggs, although sore it was still ok, wasn't doubled over in pain or anything like that.

Do u mind me asking what hospital you went to with your first baby? I'm a bit confused, the hospital near me is only midwife led and i'm a bit worried already bout it.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 12:52pm

Hi,

How's you?

I had a bit of a sore stomach last night and this morning, I suppose the hormones are doing their stuff. I had been injecting into my stomach but above where I had been injecting was getting sore for some reason?!? So I injected into my leg this morning, hopefully that'll be fine, only got till monday to go.

I went to the Southern General, found them really good and attentive, that was before they merged with the Queen Mothers though so it's all different now. When I was pregnant I went to the Southern for my scan, bloods and I am Rhesis Negative blood type so went there for my injection at 28-30wks? But now I've heard of people going to the Western Infirmary for their scan and local GP surgery for everything else. If we're lucky enough and need another maternity hospital I will choose the Southern again, I had to phone them a few times, I fell down stairs, banged my stomach with the car boot etc. and they always gave good advice and didn't make me feel like I was over reacting in any way so I would defo recommend them. The only thing I could criticise them on and I suppose it's really for the mothers benefit is they only allow 4 visitors and only brothers or sisters of the baby into visit.

Hope this helps!

Lynsey

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, January 19th 2012, 9:18pm

Hi Lynesy glad the injections are going well, i never thought bout doing it in my leg but then they never said anywhere other than my tummy. I would sit on the corner of my dining table so i had a good bit of fat under my belly button, i found this easier and less painful than standing up.

I found out i was Rhesis negative to, just thought oh here we good why can't anything be simple, i have a consultants app on the 6th got a feeling they will want me to a hospital with a doctor because of it, i take it everything went fine with your first baby?

Take care x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, January 21st 2012, 8:46pm

Hi,

I sit on the bed to do mine. I'm back to doing it in my tummy, I had a really sore leg after doing it the other day. I'm petrified of blood clots, have a family history of them, so back to tummy it is. Hopefully not got too many more injections to do after Monday anyway.

Are you? That's spooky! Yeah, I had no bother at all, just means one more blood test and an injection but other than that fine. I got a wee green card to carry about that said I was Rhesis Negative and that was it. Got an injection straight after delivery and Gemma got a blood test but she's positive so she didn't need an injection. I'm not entirely sure what the complication of Rhesis Negative blood type is but I think it's something to do with you and the babies blood mixing. Any midwife/doctor I ever saw never seemed overly concerned about it.

How are you doing, you got a swell yet?

I've been feeling really tired the past few days and today is the first day I can honestly say I've felt myself getting agro. Don;t know if it's amixture of tiredness and hormones. Did you get any side effects from the drugs?

Hope your having a nice weekend!

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 3:31pm

Hi Lynsey hope your having a good weekend.

I have a little podge now, tried on a pair of maternity trousers yesterday could have fitted two of me in them :snigger: so not quite ready for them yet.

I started to get a bit down doing the injections, think the realisation hit a wee bit for me and hubby and we felt a bit sorry for ourselfs, seems silly now, and i was very uncomfortable because my ovaries were so swollen, felt a bit like my insides were falling out and realy annoyed me that knowbody fully appreciated how uncomfortable i was.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 5:27pm

Hi Lynsey how did you get on today

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 10:07am

Hi,

How's you?

Got on OK, blood first time, yey! The scan a bit more complicated, the nurse couldn't find my right ovary?!? It's been there the past two scans so she said it must be hiding behind my bowel so back tomorrow for more blood and another scan. My left ovary had about 10 follicles (?) think the largest was 12 so a wee bit to go yet. I'm hoping when I go tomorrow they'll be able to find my other ovary and it'll have bigger follicles(?). I just want to get the collection and transfer over and done with and then it's just the 2WW.

How did you find the injection you give yourself 24-36 hours before collection?

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 5:30pm

Hiya that's a good number of follicles so far, think my last scan before egg collection i had low 30s but they were worried i was going to overstimulate.

I found the jag the same as the others to be honest but i was very uncomfortable and starting to bruise anyway so i prob wouldn't have noticed anyway :snigger:

Well my jeans are killing me now, seem to have grown a tummy overnight :happy: thought i felt a little flutter in my tummy this morning but think it's too early to feel anything.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 25th 2012, 4:44pm

Hi Lynsey how did today go?

Actualy feel like i'm expanding by the min, gonna have to face the maternity jeans next week lol

Laura x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 9:44am

Hi,

It went good, managed to locate my right ovary, thank goodness!! So I'm back tomorrow for another scan and more blood and then the nurse reckoned I'd be ready for collection on Monday!! I'm now actually pooping myself!!

That's good your now beginning to get a wee tummy, makes it all feel real : D . I'll hopefully be doing the same in a few months time. Seems weird that this time in 3 weeks I'll know wether or not this rollercoaster has worked, everything crossed it does xfingers .

Lynsey

x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 5:32pm

That's great news, it will fly in.

So if you go back on the Monday you will prob get your egg put back on the Thurs/Fri maybe?

Have you decided on one or two embroys?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Thursday, January 26th 2012, 9:04pm

Hi,

The nurse said if I got collection on Monday I would probably get the transfer Wed/Thur. I just want it to be over and done with now and be on the 2WW. I'm dreading getting the needle thing in the back of my hand. I've surprised myself at how well I've dealt with all the blood test etc. up until now but I think I will be a baby when it comes to that on Monday :bawl: . Did you wake up in your room or in theatre recovery? I had an op at the Nuffield a few years ago but can't mind where I woke up?!? Think I'm just getting too anxious now, need to stop thinking about things :huh: .

I think we'll see how we get on on Monday and then see how we progress the few days after that but I really do think we'll just go for the one. Twins would be lovely but Gemma would be 4 by the time they came along and I think it would be really hard work and I want to still be able to give her my time and attention. I also feel aswell if we just go for the one then my body can give it everything it has to support and sustain it.

I take it you'll have shared your news with all friends and family now?

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 10:35am

That's great, i'm not scared of needles or hospitals however i had never been in hospital to have any sort of operation before or been knocked out, don't think i uttered a word when the nurses were talking to me :snigger:

You have no dignity left that's for sure, you just go in with a gown, no clothes underneath, lie on the chair/bed and they strap your legs into stirrups, i was terried i wouldn't get knocked out properly, last thing i remember the doctor said, you will start to feel dizzy and lightheaded and pins and needles in your arm but that's normal, well i didn't feel a thing and don't remember anything after that.

I woke up in my room, my husband said i came round a few times asking him how many eggs we had but would fall asleep again, i don't remember that but when i did come round that was the first thing i remember asking :happy:

You and hubby then get lunch (it was amazing) tea/coffee and some orange juice.

I still had the needle in my hand and it got sore eventualy and asked for it to be removed and had a nice bruise a few days later.

All sounds horrid but it's fine, i was a bit sore going to the toilet for a few days afterwords but to be expected i suppose.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 12:48pm

Hi,

OMG! I wish I hadn't asked now. Legs strapped to stirrups, needles....arghhh!!! I'm just going to have to deal with it. I'm going to ask if they can take the needle out the back of my hand before I wake up, how much of a scardy cat am I? You'd think having been through childbirth already I could handle anything...... no!

I've been in alot of pain since last night, really sore, bloated, peeing loads too and my boobs are really sore!?! TMI! Did you get that?

Got my Ovitrelle injection to look forward to this evening, think hubby can do that one.

Hope your having a nice weekend.

Lynsey
X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Saturday, January 28th 2012, 1:07pm

Sorry didn't mean to scare you lol

I honestly looked about 6 months preg i was so bloated and god yes the boobs hurt, my hubby nudged me by accident and i was in tears, i had sore boobs until after i found out i was preg it was terrible and they went up two sizes (and haven't went back to normal)

I think they keep the needle in just incase coz you will be hooked up to a heart rate monitor until your ready to go home.

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 5:25pm

Hi Lynsey did u get your egg collection yesterday?

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 8:23pm

Hi Laura,

How are you?

Yes got collection, 21 eggs, 14 were mature so phoned up this morning and 8 have fertilised, really pleased :D . Hopefully going back in Thursday for transer.

I bubbled like a big baby :bawl: , think I was so overwhelmed that I was actually there and the procedure was happening and also the needle thing. The aneathatist was really nice put me at ease. The next thing I knew I was asking if I should be feeling drowsy, the chair went back and then I was waking up in my room. Was slighlty uncomfortable, like you said a cramp like pain. Was in total agony last night, my pain threshold must be zero, going to the toilet, getting up off the couch, coughing or sneezing were all painful, it's eased so much today though.

You never warned me of the sipositry :O thank goodness I was out of it when that was administered :snigger: .

So have you given into the maternity jeans yet?

Lynsey
x

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

sasha146

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 31st 2012, 9:20pm

Oh Lynsey that's fab so so happy for you.

Are u going to be taking crinone after the egg transfer? Well all i have to say is just keep in mind your doing it to hopefully get and maintain a pregnancy, i'm sure everybody is different but i got a lot of build up which i wasn't warned about, tmi time but only way to describe it is like clumps of cottage cheese sorry and you have to get it out yourself, doesn't come out with just wiping and cleaning :O

I gave up at 10 weeks i was changing my underwear 3 times a day, it realy got me down, think the last of it came out last week, tmi again but it was the size of a golfball actualy thought i had something wrong with me, but since then touch wood ive had nothing.

Oh the joys of pregnancy :happy:

x
ME 30 DH 37

bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 10:32am

Hi,

Just called, all 8 are still developing as they should and they're all grade A/B except 1 which is a B. So I've to go back in tomorrow to have the transfer. Def think we just going to go for the 1 and hope for the best. xfingers

The Crinone has never been metioned to me but I suppose I will get it. Oh lovely, something else to look forward to! I suppose it's all worth it if you get the best possible result. : D

Getting excited now, I'll be wishing the next 2 weeks away, so so hope I get a positive result!!!

Did you have any embryos to freeze?

Lynsey

X

7/3/12 [zx076] 6+6

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE