You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jo101

Star

• "Jo101" started this thread

Reg: Mar 18th 2008

Children: None yet

Monday, July 14th 2008, 12:08pm

Hernias Male Infertility

My DH had a hernia op when he was 3. He was a premature baby and seemingly hernias are common, not sure why.
Anyway he has a bad scar on the right side of his groin, so I can see why one testicle may be blocked with scar tissue.

My question is why would the other testicle not work??
I appreciate we could also have genetic factors we are not aware of also.

I just wanted to know if anyone else knew of hernia stories and male infertility....

Ta

2nd IVF :BFP:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, July 14th 2008, 4:08pm

Hi Jo, I read this and didn't want to run even though I don't have the answer.
Has your DH seen a Urologist? They would be able to help work out if the other testicle is ok. My DH has a suspected varicocele on one testicle so we're relying on ICSI or a natural miracle - we've read up on it and still can't work out if it's actually affecting both testes so we're kind of in the same boat as you.

Re the hernia - I have quite a big one - but I didn't know it till my ICSI in May - the pressure on my insides was so huge when my ovaries were enlarged, and that made my herina pronounced and stick out. I didn't know I'd even got one until then!

I wish you good luck with your ttc journey - but recommend you & your DH see a Urologist ....

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Ros" (Jul 14th 2008, 4:08pm)

Jo101

Star

Monday, July 14th 2008, 4:34pm

Hi Ros,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes we are seeing a Urologist in London at the Licester tomorrow week.

Has your DH had any genetic testing done? If the vein is only affecting one side, I would be thinking like my DH, why is the other side not working?

Do you mind me asking have you started any testing etc yet???
I assume you will be having sperm surgically removed like us?

Oh the dilemma some times I thik I am going nuts :rolleyes:

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, July 14th 2008, 5:47pm

Hi Jo,

My DH has a low count (it's quite variable) so we are ok to do ICSI without having to have it surgically removed fotunately. The only tests my DH has had are an ultrasound scan (which was inconclusive) and the usual sperm counts and tests. We decided that it wasn't worth any operation for him as it's not definite that it would improve the count anyway, and I have problems of my own in the form of PCO and endo.

No genetic testing has been done as we have no reason to believe this is a problem.

I see a fantastic Urologist on the London/ Essex borders - he did major surgery on my bladder and ureter due to endo - and now my DH sees him too for his issues - so if you ever need to find another London Urologist then I can give you his details. I couldn't recommend him more.

Good luck with your appointment. I hope he can answer all your questions x

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Jo101

Star

Tuesday, July 15th 2008, 7:29am

Hi Ros,

Thanks for your reply...
Yes please PM me the name of that Urologist you mentioned. We are in touch with a guy in Licester and believe he is v good too.
But the more the merrier I say!

Glad your DH does not have to do SSR. One extra hassle to do without.

Do you mind me asking what clinic you are at?

I will go check out your diary too.

[zx189] [zx189] [zx189]

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 7 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE