You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

viejita

• "viejita" started this thread

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 2:41pm

Thin lining / Clomid - confused!!!

Hi folks

I'm confused. I've been undergoing scans/monitoring for the past month as well as my day 2-5 LH/FSH blood test and my post ovulation progesterone and luteal phase blood tests. I have some fibroids which the fertility clinic keep umming and ahhing about and whether to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy to find out what is going on.

For the past 11 months no ovulation at all and then since starting acupuncture about 3 months ago, 2 very defined (and painful) ovulations - maybe my first ever as I've never had that pain before. This month just past ovulation the scan showed a very thin lining - 4.7mm

So today I go for a scan and the doctor says no laparoscopy or hysteroscopy, that my bloods show PCOS but the scans don't. Plus as shown on the scan a week or so ago, the bloods prove a good ovulation.

So she says they want to put me on clomid to see if that helps, but I can't see how clomid can help my lining, when I've read it can make it even thinner and I don't think I need it for the ovulation as the acupuncture and associated herbs has managed to do what western medicine has failed to do.

Has anyone else experienced this? My acupuncturist is going to give me some herbs to help the lining thicken and right now I'm feeling that I'm getting more sense from the acunpuncturist than I am from my Doctor. Ho hum.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a thin lining and what (if anything) helped for you.

Thanks

Jo

Reg: Feb 28th 2007

Children: Not yet

Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 2:45pm

RE: Thin lining / Clomid - confused!!!

Hi there

Clomid may have been suggested to you as it increases progesterone in the second half of your cycle (after ovulation). Progesterone is involved in making the lining nice and thick so this is the link.

GP's are not always the greatest at explaining... :sadface: There is no reason why you can't take clomid and have the acupuncture as far as I know...although I am not a doctor.

Good luck.
TTC naturally, five miscarriages 2006-2009, Immune issues

BLONDIE'S IMMUNOLOGY DIARY

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Blondie" (Jul 1st 2008, 3:09pm)

viejita

• "viejita" started this thread

Reg: Mar 17th 2008

Tuesday, July 1st 2008, 7:57pm

RE: Thin lining / Clomid - confused!!!

I think you're right - its just the confusion - one day they say one thing, the other something else - its quite unnerving. They whisk you in and out for your scan and then you don't get real time for them to explain. I shall tell my acupuncturist that I'm on clomid and she'll make the herbs to suit that.

Hope it works!!!

Thanks

Jo

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE