You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LalaZig" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 1:15pm

Makes me feel very scared

Hi

Went and saw consultant this week at fertility unit and as clomid hasnt worked he's suggested IUI. We need to go back in a week or so to sign the forms if we want to go with it.

I'm finding it all a bit scary really and I dont know why. I think I'm scared of going through this and it not working. At the clinic they treated 16 patients last year which resulted in 2 live births. The odds are low aren't they?

Dont get me wrong, I'll try anything to have a baby or family (ie adoption) so I think we'll do it, I'm just trying to prepare myself for failure even before its started which sounds so stupid.

xxx

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 3:02pm

Hi lala

I think it's only to be expected that you feel the way you do hun, I think our coping mechanism makes us expect the worse?

Odds and statistics can be very misleading as well as comforting. Two out of sixteen may seem low to you, but if you had sixteen women, who were trying for a baby 'naturally', and they all had sex once, chances are that only two of them would get pregnant. Does that make sense?

Have you had a read through our IUI section?

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: Apr 1st 2008

Children: dd and sd

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 3:18pm

hi lala i just wanted to welcome you to fz

i was exactly the same as you when i started my iui journey. i found this site and i am so glad i did the people are lovely. you can ask them anything and get honest answers. we're all here for you.

i was given 15% odds of my first iui working and it did. they've got toget the stats from somewhere. but don't get hung up on numbers.

:xxx:
1st iui april 2008 :BFP:

Baby Olivia Margaret Jean born on 12th jan 2009 @12.51

bab21

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 5:04pm

Hi again Lala

Incase you haven't found it, there is a great thread here where the IUI girls hang out

IUI CHITTER CHATTER!

x

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

Reg: May 4th 2008

Children: 1 son age 12

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 6:04pm

RE: Makes me feel very scared

Hi Lala,

I had my appt with the cons on monday the 19th for IUI and we have had the clomid and the clomid chat again, DH said lets do the clomid, but we have been trying for 10 years and have never gotton pg, so clomid for me is no good.
we decided for the IUI and menopur injections, we both felt really funny when we left the hosp, it was strange and sureal, but its because their is a good chance this will work for us and you!!!

I feel more positive than I felt on clomid or trying naturally.

keep your chin up hun, think positive and like the other girls said they have to get the stats from somewhere

Good luck hun, lets hope we will be treatment buddies together
blowkiss

:xxx3:

Ang x

IUI 7th June :BFN:
natural cycle October :BFP:

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: Daughter born Dec 05 thru DIUI

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 6:54pm

Hi Lalazig,

Just wanted to say - don't be put off by the stats. We were given an 8% chance (using DIUI) and it worked first time. Even when the odds are low, someone (those 2 out of 16) has to get lucky, and who knows, it could be you.

Lots of good luck wishes and babydust,

2xDIUI(nat cyc)Apr&May08
DIUI(Clom)Jul08
DIUI(Clom, Oest & Prog)Sep08
DIVF/ICSI Mar09
FER Dec09
IUIApr10 - BFN

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 6:55pm

Damn girls - you are good! You've made me feel so much better.

Eeyore, your explanation has made me feel much better.
JL333 - you have given me hope
Angie - lets fight this together

Thanks so much

xxx

IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 6:56pm

Thanks too CherryChocolate - I must have hope eh?

xxx

IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

MY DIARY

Reg: Sep 26th 2005

Children: 6 yr old gorgeous girl, single mum now

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 7:33pm

Hi lala,
just wanted to say I sympathise as I went through it too- we had the added whammy of using frozen donor sperm, which lowers the odds again due to the freeze/ thaw affecting quality. :sadface:

I was terrified, mostly of the failure- which did happen- six times! I was told to have a good chance you would need to have 6-9 goes, but there is no reason why it cannot happen on the first go- it has for a few ladies on here!!!

I think for me- I was terrified of exhausting another option really- if that didn't work, then what if donor IVF didn't work? what if it did and I miscarried?

I come from a bit of a different side of this as four cycles in we decided we really would prefer to adopt- which we did. We kept getting called by the hospital where our nhs tx was happening and so ended up having another 2 cycles, but called it a day with half our nhs tx still not used.

You do get caught up in the figures, and its hard not to, but try to remember that it DOES work for some people, and very early too. what have you got to lose? If the answer is your sanity and your house then maybe it would be better to go down the adoption route, but if not then you never know until you try do you?

wishing you luck and babydust
xx
adoption...after a typically long journey, approved November 05, linked with strawb December 05, Brought our princess home May 06, aged 21 months

single mum since dec 08, and very grateful for the FZ support through the whole lot xx

** CLICK TO SUPPORT FZ **

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Sunday, May 25th 2008, 3:04pm

RE: Makes me feel very scared

Hi there,

Welcome to FZ, just wanted to say hello and wish you luck with your treatment. It is a bit scary at first, especially the thought of the injections! The procedure itself is really not that bad once you get to grips with it though.

Keep up the PMA and try not to think about the stats too much, although I know it is hard not to.

:goodluck: and keep us all posted!

Love Gracie

xxxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

FERTILITYZONE