You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 3rd 2008

Children: Trying for our first

Sunday, May 18th 2008, 8:02pm

Thanx Donna, Your Great :smile: I'm starting to feel excited about friday now it's getting closer! At last were getting somewhere! I'm glad the injections don't hurt! Dh said he will do them for me if i can't! But i think i'll be fine!! I've had such a busy weekend, Dh was 30 on friday and we went for family meal sat. It was lovely but how annoying are my parents!! My mum and dad (who have been divorced for 15years) sat together talking all night about me and dh fertility problems. I know they were only trying to help but blimey if they said "just relax and stop trying so hard" once more i would have fliped!!! It was so weird as they started talking about when i was conceived lol going in to far to much detail for parents :snigger: ha ha o well rant over on and upwards. Good luck tomorrow for your scan and everyone else who's having one tomorrow too xxx

donz

• "donz" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 28th 2008

Children: Been blessed twice, Im so lucky!

Monday, May 19th 2008, 12:52pm

Hi Susan,

Parents are soooo funny about all this fertility stuff are'nt they?! They think they know what to say but like most they dont really understand. Bless them! I dont really talk to my parents about it anymore. One day when I get my BFP I will and thats it until then. Happy Birthday to your DH, I hope you enjoyed your meal even though your parents didnt stop going on about issues ha ha. Maybe they might end up back togather, mmmmmm, stranger things have happened. xx

Cherrychocolate, Sar & Torison, How'd ya scans go you lovely ladies?? Any good news for us all to hold on to (tightly) ?? X

Monday, May 19th 2008, 7:10pm

Hi donz, Yeah parents are funny things!! It's funny because i'll prob be just like them when i have kids! Eww them getting back together! It's funny because dh said they were flirting ha ha ha. Thanx he had a lovely birthday, we went to alton towers which was great fun!

Hope everyone has had a good day and your scans went well xxx

Children: Daughter born Dec 05 thru DIUI

Monday, May 19th 2008, 7:37pm

Hi Everyone!

I hate talking to parents about fertility treatment! I just don't think anyone should have to have a conversation with their mum and dad which includes words like 'sperm' and 'insemination'. (I usually get round the last one by saying 'the treatment' - makes it sound like I'm going for a facial or something!)

Scan went OK. My endometrium is 9 (mm?) and my folicle is 15 (mm?). That's all they need to know, as with natural cycle folicles don't really grow loads. It's just blood tests from now on.

How was everyone else's? 4-years-trying - when you say you are starting on 23rd, does that mean you are starting scans then?

Best wishes,

Reg: Apr 22nd 2008

Children: None, yet!

Monday, May 19th 2008, 8:25pm

Hi all and thanks Cherry chocolate for your good wishes from yesterday...

Well, I had my scan this morning and I was really nervous! Anyway, all is great and I have 'two' very good follicles measuring around 23mm each! So, the Clomid has worked wonders for me and I've got to inject myself at 11pm this evening with a drug to force ovulation (scared at that thought) and I'm set to go to the Bridge Centre for 3pm on Wednesday to have the insemination!

Its such a weird feeling, I'm full of excitement and nerves now. Also, as I have two very good follicles the Consultant said that there is a much higher percentage of me conceiving twins!!!! :happy:

Really not looking forward to have to inject myself at all. My DH has a seriously bad phobia of needles, so I'm having to go this one alone!! :8o: I'm trying not to work myself up and keep thinking about the possibly amazing results if I do it. I just keep thinking OUCH......

So, how did all my scan buddies get on today then? Anyone else going for insemination this week?

Bye for now

Sar xxx

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, May 19th 2008, 8:31pm

I had already ovulated this month so will have to wait...
Got my Clomid script but since ovulation was early this month it means that period will arrive too early and that I won't be able to make it to the 10 day scan...
I think I will try one cycle without Clomid and then perhaps start in July. This is if I can flights cheeply etc...

If by some fluke my lutheral phase would be abnormaly long then I am all good to go :)

I had my mum with me on my first cycle of IVF, we had a nice little holiday together but I was so pleased that she left before the egg collection etc.
I stopped telling them when I am having treatment now but they still know.

My SIL is on clomid so we share info over dinners. Strange to have scan discussions with my brother though :P

Cherry, great news about follie :)

Torisen

Monday, May 19th 2008, 8:33pm

Sar, the jab is fun to do :)
DH and I had fun playing doctor and patient :P

Monday, May 19th 2008, 10:01pm

Hey Torisen

I'll have those thoughts in my head later when I have to jab myself :snigger:

One more quick question, is it less painful to inject your thigh than your stomach???? I'm such a wuss!!

Sar xx

donz

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 10:58am

Hello Sar,

In my case it was better to do the injections in my stomach as I have much more to pinch there!! :snigger: I have done them in my thigh before and that doesnt hurt either. Good luck!

My scan went ok although apparantly it was far too early so I have to go back on Friday. Im very happy though as I have 3 follies on one side and approx the same on the other, they kept hiding apparantly. Theyre too small at the moment but my womb lining is 4.6 alreay, whatever that means.

Anyway the good news is that because my follies are not ready yet, it means that I can have insemination this month now. They werent going to do it because my cons was on hols but she'll be back next Tuesday, yay! We are hoping insem will be next Tuesday, 1wk today, hooray! X

Torisen

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 12:40pm

I got more flab to jab into on my stomach so I did that. Grab and jab :D
My favourite is my bum though, dh giving the jabs :)

We are such experts now that I give his intramuscular ones now :)

We did intramuscular gestrone jabs for the FET so anything else is a piece of cake now :P

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 12:50pm

Hi Everyone,

Have fun with those jabs Sar! I had a diabetic cat once and became quite an expert - sometimes I don't think he even noticed i'd done it! Bet it's different doing it on yourself tho!

Quick update - my temp went up today - it's only day 11, and I usually ovulate about day 14 or 15. I mentioned it to the nurse when I had my bloods done and she said my LH is higher than it was this time last cycle. I don't think I've surged tho, as she said it was 16 last time, and yesterday it was only 11.

I guess it's wait and see what today's blood test says. I think I'm a bit of a control freak and I find it hard to trust the clinic. (yes I know the consultants are much cleverer than me, spent years at med school, have loads of experience etc!...)

Anyway I shall try to cultivate a PMA and relax a bit!

Best wishes to everyone,

Torisen

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 1:05pm

Cherry, what does the pee stick say?

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 1:09pm

Hi Torison,

I don't usually POAS. I do have some in the drawer upstairs, and they expire this month, so I will be giving it a try in the morning - I'll let you know!

X

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 5:07pm

Quoted

Originally posted by cherrychocolate[/

4-years-trying - when you say you are starting on 23rd, does that mean you are starting scans then?

Hi Cherrychocolate, sorry no i'm getting ahead of myself!! We go for our info appointment 23rd and will hopefully start injections/scans etc next cycle. (aprox 10th june!)

Sar, great news on your follies. Twins hey wouldn't that be great! keeping my fingers crossed for you hun xx

Donz, Yay you can have your insem, fantastic news, I expect your bursting with excitment now, i know 'm going to have trouble containing myself!

Tuesday, May 20th 2008, 9:26pm

Hi Everyone,

Got a phone call from the clinic this afternoon - we are going in for the insemination on Thursday! Still stressing about timing - going to start a thread asking for advice.

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 1:41pm

Yay! Thats great news! Good luck with the insemination tomorrow, how exciting!!! Lets have that BFP, Cherrychocolate jnr, lol xx

happydance

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 1:42pm

Susan, you'll be cycle buddies with Fairy then, she starts on the 7th. You go girlies xx

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 4:55pm

Hi guys, Ive been having a bit of a spring clean today & Ive changed my avatar. Hope this doesnt confuse any peeps?! I thought it looked more like me than the last. xx

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 6:10pm

Am I the only user on here today? This is my fourth consecutive message. I look desperate for friends lmao lmao

I had a mobile phone text from Indiechick today and she is having a lovely time in Cuba! -lucky thing!! Anyway, she got there safely, just thought Id let you all know.

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 6:56pm

I am here! :hi:

(Inbetween cooking tea, stacking dishwasher etc!)

Cute avatar Donna! And thanks for the good wishes. :D

I am slightly less stressed - did an OPK this morining. It was negative. I'll do another one in the morning, but I suspect if I'd done one yesterday I'd have got a line. Had a major stress this morning and contemplated ringing clinic to cancel. Decided to trust the Drs and if this one fails book a review appointment so they can explain it all to me.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cherrychocolate" (May 21st 2008, 6:58pm)

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 7:08pm

Thats a very good idea Cherrychocolate, you really must change your name, it makes me hungry, & its your fault Im fat. Ha ha.

You are going to get your :BFP: this cyle. Keep saying it!!

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 7:18pm

Ok some matras then:

"I trust the Drs"

"I will get a BPF this time"

"Cherry Chocolate Cherry Chocolate Cherry Chocolate"

Oops sorry about the last one! I am not fat anymore, I've lost 2 1/2 stone since this time last year, but due to mainlining chocolate since MiL's death probably putting it all on again!

what about "chocolate does not equal happiness" Not sure if I can say it with much conviction tho!

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 7:35pm

Oh thank you, I appreciate the effort! I have alot of wieght to lose and Im finding it very hard to get motivated. Well done you though, that is an amzing achievement-2 and a half stone!!!! Last year I lost 1 and a half stone and then gave up smoking, piled it all back on, and more!!!

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 7:46pm

Hi all...

Well, I've had my very first IUI insemination today at the Bridge Centre in London! Both me and DH were quite nervous about the whole thing not quite knowing what to expect but it was absolutely fine, I actually quite enjoyed it in a weird way, I guess the reality of what we're trying to achieve hit me and I loved it!!

It was also completely pain free and over and done with (well my part anyway) within about 8 mins! I was kind of expecting to have to lie there for about 10 mins but I was free to go immediately afterwards. Which was quite bad as it meant that I spent 2.5 hours on retail therapy! :snigger:

So, our 2ww starts now... I'm kind of convinced that it won't work, think thats just my defence mechanism! Fingers and toes crossed everyone please for a BFP!!!!!

How are you all getting on? Donna, any news on the insemination date??
Cherry choc, you're all set for tomorrow?? I did an OPK last night and it was negative, I too worried but I guess you've just got to trust the experts.

Bye for now

Sar xxx

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 7:50pm

Sorry ladies, one more question if anyone knows?? Should I BD tonight? Will it have any bad effect on the treatment I've had today?? Sorry if its a silly question but I just wanted to make sure

Sar xxxx

donz

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 8:00pm

Yay! You've been sperminated. Congratulations Sar, you just gotta do the 2ww now how exciting!!!! Im here for you all the way.

My clinic suggest you bd straight after so I'd say 'go for it'. Tonight is DH's lucky night. lol

My insem date will hopefully be Tuesday but I'll know more on Friday at the scan. Its at 8.20am so I'll keep you up to date honey xx

Glad to hear your all set for your 2ww. This is it babes xx

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 8:09pm

Ahhhh thanks very much Donna. I am really excited! It was a bizarre feeling walking around London shopping and litterally every few mins I'd remember where I'd been and what I'd had done at 3pm and just smile!!!!....

Keep me posted on how your scan goes on Friday, fingers crossed it'll be Tuesday then! I'll be thinking about you.

I am also hoping that if this attempt doesn't work, as I had drugs to bring on ovulation that I might be able to fit another attempt in before I go on hols on the 17th of June! We'll see...

Byeee for now. I'm off to call DH to get him to come back from pub at a reasonable time! :snigger:

Love Sar xxx

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 8:44pm

Hey Sar,

Glad it went OK! Very exciting! It's kind of surreal isn't it, knowing there's all these little sperm swimming around inside you?

Sending you lots of good wishes and babydust! Hope the 2WW goes fast for you. We will be able to keep each other (in)sane!

Hope you and DH enjoy tonight too! :winking:

Torisen

Wednesday, May 21st 2008, 10:27pm

Sar I am glad you enjoyed your day :)

Cherry, good luck for tomorrow! X

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:02pm

Hi Everyone,

Well I had my insemination today. I am now an oasis of calm...

It seemed to go OK. It was a nurse doing it - apparently they have been recently trained and their results are as good as the Drs'. I hope they're right!

So I've got myself a new ticker, and it's sit and wait time now...

Donna - good luck with the scan tomorrow!

Susan - Hope the meeting goes OK

Torisen - how are you doing?

Best wishes,

donz

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:19pm

Thanks C.C,

Im quite nervous now but all excited at the same time. I think Im nervous because I dont want any bad news! Hope I havent ovulated already!! I think thats everyones biggest worry isnt it. Im going on my own because DH cant get the time off work as he will obviously have to be there for insemination next week aswell. I have to leave at 7.15am to drop my son @ school (breakfast club) before I go so will be a long day no doubt.

I will be on here when I get back, Im sure. Practically on here everyday til my head starts hurting! x

donz

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:20pm

Does anyone know what the chances are of developing follies with no eggs in? Gosh, Ive never thought of that until now! What if I dont ovulate at all? What if Im egg-less xx

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:24pm

Hi everyone, Wow it's been an exciting few days! Sar and cherry congrats on your insem. Its so exciting! I feel like i'm going to be sharing the 2ww with you both! Since i found fertility zone i race home to log on hopeing someone will have bfp! Dh says my mental state is getting worst because now not only do i think about our fertility 247 I think about you ladies too!!!

Donna, good luck tomorrow hun, xfingers crossed you can have insem tues xx

My appointment is at 5pm tomorrow so it's going to be such a long day! I'm getting quite excited now, i know it's only an information thing but it feels like we are that little bit closer and i love reading info booklets lol (o i'm sad lol)

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:32pm

Donz, i don't know the answer but its a good question. You will be fine tomorrow hun. You def won't be egg-less, i think they check egg reserve on your initial fertility tests? Your going to have good follies tomorrow with some great little eggies in them ready for tues, think pma, pma! xx

donz

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:34pm

PMA, PMA PMA PMA PMA PMA PMA PMA

Im getting there, thanks Susan, you're a star!

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 5:42pm

Ha ha thanx but honestly your the star! I don't know how i've managed these last few years without you all!

donz

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 6:26pm

:tears:Stop it! You're sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet.

:flowerbasket:

East17

Reg: Mar 19th 2008

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 8:15pm

biochemical pregnancy

Hi all

I just wondered whether any of you IUI veterans had experienced a biochemical pregnancy, or knew much about them?

My test date was last Thursday (3rd IUI) and I tested positive for the first time ever in my life. I was absolutely overjoyed as you can imagine. But the line was fairly faint, so when I phoned the hospital i told them this. They told me it was probably fine (a line is a line etc) but that I should test again in a couple of days.

Long story short I tested again the following morning and then again that night. Each time the line was even fainter, then I finally got a BFN on my 4th test. The hospital say it's a biochemical pregnancy (where you concieve but it doesn't stick around, usually due to genetic defects etc)

I feel worse than I normally do when I get a BFN straight away, as I really got my hopes up that I was finally pregnant.

Thing is, does anyone know if a Biochemical pregnancy is a positive or negative thing, or neither? I guess it's positive in that it shows I am able to concieve...or is it a sign that I'm just not made to carry a baby? If anyone has any advice I'd love to hear it. The hospital were less than forthcoming on info.

Thanks all....and best of luck all of you with your scans and 2WW's. We will all get there in the end.

XX

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 8:55pm

Hello East 17,

I'm afraid I can't answer your question. Just wanted to say I'm sorry that your pregnancy ended so soon. It must be so hard. I hope some of the girls on here can answer your question. If not could you make an appointment to see someone at the hospital face-to-face in the hope of getting some more information? All I know is that it's pretty common to lose pregnancies very early on, but I don't suppose that's much consolation.

Very best wishes,

East17

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 9:13pm

Thank you for your lovely words cherrychocolate. It's so good to be able to open up on here to people who understand. I've told a couple of friends and family and they just seem to think it's no big deal...

By the way, all my IUI's have been done by the nurses at the hospital and they seem to know what they are doing. Have you had a doc do yours before? Hope your nurse has done good for you this time. The 2ww just seems like forever doesn't it?!

XX

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 9:59pm

Hi, East - I am sorry to hear of your experience.
I had a biochemical PG on my second to last round - or at least I think of it that way. It is the explanation I can come up for what happened. Early test (after HCG shot was well cleared) came back positive on 2 consecutive days and on the third day was negative and on official test day was negative too.
My final round I tested + day 10 post ov, -ve on day 11 and then + again from day 12 on and it stuck to become the lad you see on the left.
I looked at the biochem in a positive light: I could conceive. Sperm was meeting egg etc...

East17

Thursday, May 22nd 2008, 10:23pm

Hello Rene

Thanks for your positive spin. That is how I am trying to see it, and it was just amazing to see that line, even if it was only for a short while. We can do it!

Connor is a real cutie and am sure was worth all the waiting and sadness to see his lovely face :-)

X

Friday, May 23rd 2008, 10:09pm

Hi Everyone,

Susan - how was the meeting?

E17 - I was reading 'take control of your fertility' last night (as I seem to do most nights!) and there was a case similar to yours. The author said it was a good sign as it ruled out lots of posible problems by proving that the woman could conceive. It turned out she's been repeatedly miscarrying but they had been disguised as periods. Once she identified what was happening the Drs discovered that her luteal phase wasn't long enough, fixed the problem (it didn't say how) and she went on to concieve again and give birth. I wouldn't like to say that you've got the same problem, but at least you know that you are able to concieve, and hopefully the next time you have a BFP it will stay. I really hope so!

How is everyone else?

I am OK. Got pregnancy symptoms AGAIN but at least this time I know they're all in my head!

Best wishes to everyone,

East17

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 1:38pm

Cherry - thank you so much for thinking of me while you read your book - this is really interesting and I've just googled it and there's tons about short luteal phase causing early miscarriage. I'm going to have a good read then I am full of facts when I begin IVF in the next couple of months - can't thank you enough!

It's so tough getting the pregnancy symptoms when you know for definite you're not. You spend so long on the 2ww (mis)interpreting every little twinge and a mood swing, but then it's all positive. It's so cruel when it continues afterwards.

Some good news to give us hope: I heard last night that my friend in the States who has been trying for almost 10 years, has had about 9 or 10 IUI's and IVFs and finally adopted 3 years ago...is 16 weeks pregnant at the age of 42.

XXX

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 5:02pm

Afternoon Everyone, hope your all having a good weekend so far?
E17 i'm really sorry for your loss honey, i would def see it as a positive thing though, you know it is possible to conceive. Good luck for your next cycle xx

Well we went to our iui info meeting yesterday and i have to say i was completely freaked out lol there was so much information to take in it blew my mind! (but thats not hard lol) Because we are doing a medicated cycle i thought it would be just injections day 2-6 and then iui when follies are big enough!! Not the case at our hospital :8o: The nurse explained they do it exactly same as ivf cycle eg gonapeptyl injection to down reg for 2-3wks, 12 days Menopur injections,hcg shot for iui and pesseries. She said depending on our situation if i over produce they turn it into ivf cycle and do egg collection? Does anyone elses clinic do this? So we have to go back thursday to sign the consent forms and see the doctor who will give me the date of first gonapeptyl inj. OMG I'm soooo scared! I feel like chickening out then i remember the reason i'm doing this :smile: just got to get on and keep the pma!! xx

donz

Saturday, May 24th 2008, 7:09pm

Hi there Easty,

I used to have bio-chemical pregnancies every month for about 6 months. 'Woman' magazine even done a story on it and came to my house for some photos etc. They paid me and DH £300 which we put towards our IVF treatment. That was about 3 years ago now.

They are not very nice, are they?! I remember going to my g.p and he did a test and said 'Congratutalions' you're pg! I cried and called everyone I could think of and told them because they all new what we had been through to get there. Next day I went to the 'Early Pregnancy Unit' at the hospital for a blood test to see how far gone I was and they said I wasnt pg afterall. I had to then go home and phone everyone again and tell them. I cried for 3 days. Life can be cruel! and certainly bio-chemical pregnancies!

If I can work out how to upload the magazine article onto the computer I will but dont hold your breath ha ha, Im a real techno-phobe!!

Good luck with your research on the subject. xx

East17

Monday, May 26th 2008, 12:56pm

4years/Susan...I haven't heard of this long IVF-style procedure for IUI, but I have heard of people converting to IVF on this site so it must be a common way to do it.

It's really tough for you though. I've had 3 cycles of IUI and it's literally just the Menopur injections every other day for roughly 10-12 days, then the HCG injection, then insemination...then 2ww...all just roughly the same length as a normal cycle.

But your clinic must surely have found that their success figures are greater if they follow this procedure, so hopefully you will have a much greater chance of it working this way?! Don't be too scared...I haven't gone through the down-reg so I can't comment on that, but the rest of it is nothing to fear. The injections are easy once you get used to them. Keep the goal in site and each stage will seem like a step towards your baby.

Donna...you poor poor thing. I can't even imagine what you must have gone through. Did they get to the bottom of the reason this was happening? Did it turn out to be anything to do with this short luteal phase thing? When I got my positive test I burst into tears and phoned my DP screaming "I'm pregnant I'm pregnant!!!" and I even worked out my due date etc etc. I am soooo glad I didn't call anyone else because, like you, I was DESPERATE to tell everyone, but stopped myself (unusual for me). You must have felt so dreadful having to phone everyone again. I really feel for you.

XXX

donz

Monday, May 26th 2008, 4:02pm

Hiya East,

Yeh it was terrible at the time, it seems so long ago now but just like every other girl on this site you become good at picking yourself up & dusting yourself off! Infact if you could be awarded a degree in it I'd have one!

As for getting to the bottom of why it was happening - the answer is no, after all it was diagnosed by the NHS. Unless you pursue it for months and months theres not a lot they do for you.

Anyway, I tend to try and put it to the back of my mind because you cant keep looking back over what treatment etc or fertility problems you have had, you just have to look forward. I think its a defence mechanism.

Wishing you well on your fertility journey East.

xx

East17

Monday, May 26th 2008, 4:24pm

Yes...although I feel very thankful that we live in a country where we can get all these treatments on the NHS I think they are just too stretched to start any useful investigation. I'm on the NHS too, and it does have its limits.

I know what you mean about looking forward - i agree that's what you really have to do. You just have to keep on looking for the way forward and see it as a journey with each failed cycle being just one step closer to the goal. If not I think we'd all go mad as there seems to be just one knock-back after another.

Onwards and upwards :smile:

donz

Monday, May 26th 2008, 8:30pm

Ah bless you East, thats so true isnt it?! - Onwards and upwards babes. Every failure is a step closer to the ultimate prize of success!

Im not having any treatment on the NHS though, they dont fund it where I live. They are tight! If I lived half hour down the road I would get it all free but I'd still have to wait 3 years until I was 36 before they'd consider it. :row:

DH and myself have joked about moving there when Im 36 as I was born there anyway and have family still there. Im just hoping that in 3 years time I would've had all the children I would like by then and I wont need to ask the NHS for anything. :raspberry:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE