You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Egood

Reg: Jan 2nd 2015

Children: One boy, 02/11/11

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 1:41pm

Catkins, thanks for your reply, I did as you told and was fine!
Why do u say you wont cycle at Aberdeen again if you dont mind me asking?

Hope15, i felt fine on norethisterone. Just like being on the pill I guess.

Enlim, good luck for your scan on wednesday.

So transfer this morning. I didnt sleep well as I was worried they would call in the morning to say none of the embies survived....went there vey anxious, acupuncture just before really helped with the stress though. One embie was 5 cell and one was 10 or 12 and as the other 4 hadnt fertilized because of egg quality they recommended to put both back, and hubby and I agreed so thats me with 2 little embies in! I was a bit surprised that it took so long between the doc putting the catheter through and tge embryologist bringing the embryos.

Now any tips for the two week wait??

Good luck to everyone else!

Reg: Aug 4th 2013

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 5:26pm

Hi everyone!
Had our EC today and they managed to get 12 eggs so will see how they all get on tomorrow. I was given Cyclogest to start taking tonight but don't really know what I'm doing with it. Can anyone help?

Egood

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 5:45pm

Hi Emmajane, whaooo, that s a great number! Hope they all get fertilized!
You just put one in the evening and one in the evening, just like a tampon but without an applicator :yuk:
And get a pad cos you can get some lovely discharge, very waxy!!

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 6:39pm

Thanks Egood, that's so helpful. I hope that your keeping well, it's a crazy journey!

Reg: May 16th 2014

Monday, February 2nd 2015, 10:29pm

Hi Emmajane, that's great news!
As for the cyclogest I started using them as pessaries and then after a couple if days changed to using them as suppositories which I much preferred. There is no discharge with them as suppositories and the effectiveness is the same. With them as pessaries I kept feeling like I had wet myself due to the discharge which wasn't very nice! They can upset your stomach for the first couple of days so what I found was using them at 10am and 10pm as suppositories meant that I had been to the loo in the morning before putting it in then it was the last thing I did before going to bed. I normally have quite bad IBS but I managed well with them. Will definitely use them as suppositories again when I am back on them shortly. Gives you another option anyway......and apologies if tmi! xx

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 11:26am

So we just got bad news. None of our eggs fertilised, apparently they didn't bind together. Absolutely devastated. Got an appointment tomorrow to discuss what happened and what to do next. What a thought having to go through it all again.

Egood

Tuesday, February 3rd 2015, 11:38am

Oh Emmajane, I am so so sorry to hear that. A big hug to you.
Let us know how your appt goes tomorrow.

Hope15

Reg: Jan 29th 2015

Friday, February 6th 2015, 4:54pm

Aww Whood glad the transfer went ok! Fingers crossed for you!! Keep yourself busy so that it passes quickly, set yourself a to do list so you've got a focus. I work full time so I suppose work will keep me going!

Hope15

Friday, February 6th 2015, 5:37pm

Egood*

Egood

Friday, February 6th 2015, 5:41pm

Thanks hope 15. I have been taking a few days off to rest, next week as well, so a mixture of work and just relaxing at home. The wait isnt too bad yet but I can imagine it will be tougher next week!

I havent been able to log in for a while, the server seems to have been down.
Emmajane, just wondered how your follow up appt went?

How is everyone else?

Hope15

Friday, February 6th 2015, 11:34pm

Emmajane thats disappointing news. How did your appointment go? Is that common? I hope there is another option for you to try. Thinking of you!

Anyone been on noresterine I got my prescription today and it says 3 tablets a day...for some reason I thought it would be one a day?

Another question is... Does anyone have PCOS? At my consultation the Dr said its hard to know how my body will react to the drugs ats it's complicated with PCOS, wondered if anyone has any tips or things to do during the IVF process that will work in favour.

Hope15

Friday, February 6th 2015, 11:55pm

northisterone*

Egood

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 8:40am

Hi hope 15, yes it is three pills a day....I thought the nurse told me that I could take all three in one go but I couldnt confirm it before starting and I wasnt sure anymore so I took them morning, lunch, evening. But definitely 3 pills a day!

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Children: None

Saturday, February 7th 2015, 10:30pm

Emmajane so sorry about your news. How did your follow up go??

Egood congrats on being PUPO. How are you feeling? Good to know the wait isn't too bad

Hope 15 I take my 3 norestherone together before bed. It's Definately 3 tablets a day. Also to answer your question about PCOS, I have it but it wasn't an issue for my cycle at all. I don know if it's anything to do with my age, 32 but I've been told by the doctors my responce to the meds is always positive. You have to remember our bodies react differently so do what feels right for you.

Positivethoughts how's it going??

AFM I had a scan to check the lining and nurse was really pleased with 7.4 thickness so I got an earlier transfer date (12/02/15). Can't wait. I was really surprised when we got talking about our embies they have in store, she said we have 2 grade 4a and 2 grade 3b so I asked her what grade they transfered last time and she said a 3b. Surely they should have transfered the best quality to give me a better chance. Anyway I insisted they put the 2 best ones in this time and she said she would make a note of it??????
I'm day 2 cyclogest and felt really weak and angry at work today but was ok once I had my lunch. Bring on cycle 2. Hopefully double transfer means double luck. I've manage to take the first week of 2ww off so I'm getting ready to be bored or not. Rubbish tv will surely keep me company.
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Enlim

Reg: Nov 19th 2014

Children: Daughter born 03.02.13 via IVF/ICSI

Monday, February 9th 2015, 12:52pm

Hi emmajane how did the appointment go? Hope you got some info as to what happened.

Good luck for the ET this week Maame.

Hope good luck for starting northisterone this week. I didn't have any side effects hope you are the same.

Hope everyone else is getting on fine?

AFM I am currently injecting away just on the gonal F now and got my next scan on Wednesday. Started with 5 follicles last Wednesday so hope to have some more. I didn't respond that good last time so just need to see how it is on Wednesday. All going fine I think I should be headed for EC and ET next week.

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 9:00am

Hi all,
Emmajane- how are you? Any further forward after your appointment? Have they been able to offer you any insights as to what happened our different options for the future? Thinking of you xxx

Maame- not long to go now....woohoo!! Are you excited? :) is your hubbies aunt still able to gone along? Will he be back in time for OTD? xx

Enlim- hope your scan goes well today and you have some lovely follicles!! xx

Egoid- how are you? How is the 2 week wait going? xx

Hope, I haven't got PCOS so can't comment on that and now on oestrogen and not norethisterone but I think I had norethisterone last year and I took them spread out but they said it didn't matter either way is fine. I didn't have any side effects so hopefully you will be the same xx

AFM, I had my day 11 scan yesterday and transfer is booked for Wednesday. Endometrium was a much clearer triple layer than last time and it had gone from approx 7mm last time to well over 9mm this time (9.6mm I think)...wonder if that was the effect of the castor oil packs? Thanks Highlander for the tip!! Or maybe the scratch was the difference? They were really pleased with the scan.

Maame, confused as to why I wouldnt be taken earlier too if mine was nearly 10mm?

Still up for putting 2 back in but for the first time the nurse said that they don't like putting a day 5 blast in with a day 6 blast. This has never said before so now a little confused as to what will be happening on Wednesday. The embryologists are normally very good at explaining things so will wait to hear what they say. Anyone else been told a similar thing? Start Cyclogest on Thursday and will definitely use them as a suppository this time again.....didn't like them as pessaries with all the leakage!!

Hi to everyone else
PTxxxx

Enlim

Reg: Nov 19th 2014

Children: Daughter born 03.02.13 via IVF/ICSI

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 9:07pm

So my scan today showed 3 follicles at 13mm and 2 follicles at 8mm. The nurse said they need three minimum before they do egg collection so looks like I am on track for that at least. The numbers don't seem hopeful but it only takes one.

My next scan is Friday then Monday. I have been having a lot of side effects this time including being sick yesterday although that seems to have passed now.

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Wednesday, February 11th 2015, 10:24pm

Hello everyone,

Wow there's lots going on at Aberdeen at the mo. I've lost track a bit of whose at what stage. So apologise if I miss anyone out.

Enlim, that's good news that you are on track for EC, and as you say it only takes one. My fingers are crossed that your follies keep on growing. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to help with the side effects. if you find it difficult drinking lots try using a straw, instead of just a glass as it's so much easier. My last clinic gave me that tip and it really works. X

Maame, good luck for your FET. It's funny that they don't put the best embryos in isn't it. That's one thing that came up in my review is that there was one that was better quality than the two they put in but didn't use it. As it turns out none made it to blastocyst stage so it probably wouldn't have made any difference, but it still seemed a bit weird to me. I'm keeping everything crossed for you this time.

Egood, how's everything with you? My fingers are crossed for you too.

Hope, how are you getting on with the tablets? Don't forget to keep drinking that water it really does help with side effects plus it's good practice for when you are on stims.

Emmajane, so sorry to hear your bad news. How are you doing? This journey is such a roller coaster that feels never ending and is so tiring both physically and emotionally. I really hope you get some answers at your follow up, but don't give up. X

Scotty how's everything with you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I messaged you today so hope you got it. If you have any Q's feel free to ask.

Mrsjune and Debbie, how are you both getting on? Do you have any dates yet?

Highlander and zebra, how are you both getting on? Hope everything's all going well. X x

Catkins hello to you too x

AFM not too much to report, still trying to be good with eating, exercise etc. Time feels like it's sneaking up on me a bit. I had great plans to do castor packs, reflex, acupuncture etc but haven't got there yet and am thinking I've left it a bit late now. Not too long to go now, but at the same time it feels like ages away! I can't wait to get started again. I'm still in two minds about the endo scratch. Everything I read is so positive about it but there is just a little niggle at the back of my mind and I can't work out why. I still have a few weeks to decide. I'm hoping there's going to be some cycle buddies for me in march/ April to keep me company, though there doesn't seem to be many people doing long protocol so I'll have to wait and see.

Take care and I hope you all have a good week. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Dec 2nd 2014

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 9:19am

Hello Smihel, Yes got out first consultation date the 3rd March so pleased!!!, cant wait to get going, no idea of the procedure, but does this mean i can get going to March or will they leave it until April,?!?! How soon after consultation do you start the tablets?!? You never no i could be a cycle buddy!! :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing good, look forward to your updates!!! :)

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 9:54am

Mrsjune, that's brilliant news. Have you already had the information evening? If so then all being well in your consult they tend to start with your next AF. I remember being really surprised as we had to wait so long for everything else!
Good luck and fingers crossed we'll be cycle buddies. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 11:18am

Hello Smihel, Yes got out first consultation date the 3rd March so pleased!!!, cant wait to get going, no idea of the procedure, but does this mean i can get going to March or will they leave it until April,?!?! How soon after consultation do you start the tablets?!? You never no i could be a cycle buddy!! :) :thumbsup:

Hope everyone else is doing good, look forward to your updates!!! :)

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 11:22am

sorry no idea why my post posted itself twice!!! No open evening the 23rd Feb. Yeh that what i was thinking AF due the week after consultation appointment would that be to early or will i have to wait until april?? Yeh fingers crossed :)

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 11:25am

Hi everyone, I haven't posted yet but having been following everyone's progress! I am waiting to commence treatment. They have projected us to start treatment between March and May! I was put on the waiting on 2nd November! Hopefully not too long to wait.
Hope you don't mind me joining in! X

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 11:34am

Hello, good to hear from you, we were put on the list on the 2nd Ocotber and that us got our dates now, so fingers crossed not to long!! Is this your first time??

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 11:44am

Mrs June, yes first time for us so all new for us, how about you?
When did you get your letter in? It's all the waiting to hear! I have never phoned since we were put on the list was going to but don't want to annoy them before starting! X

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 12:21pm

Hello, Yes all first time for us 2, excited to get going but so nervous at the same time, think the fear of the unknowen. I was exactly the same so wanted to phone and see where we were on the list but never did was the same, did not want to annoy them!! got a phone call from the clinic on the 2nd February and got the letter on Friday 6th February. Never wanted to wish life away but i wish March would hurry up and come! xx

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 12:27pm

We are exactly the same wishing every month to be a quick one! Hardly want to make plans for the next coming months either! We haven't told family or friends about our situation! Lots of friends expecting and family so easier for us all, what about you? Can't wait for a phone call then I was just expecting a letter but either is good! X

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 12:36pm

We are the same, dont want to plan anything we both have big birthdays in the next coming months so not planning nothing until we have our first cycle! We have told close family and friends i have 2 friends who have been in the same situation they were both on the list and both have fallen pregnant, no luck with me on that, i about to start, but yeh have heard on 5 friends in the last months who are expecting, so hard, but fingers crossed it will be us some day soon!! xx

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 12:47pm

At least you now know your appointments and are one stage closer! Hope your appointments and information night! Will put a post on when u here and get dates! Good luck! X

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 12:54pm

Thanks - Yeh hold tight, it wont be long!! take care :)

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 3:11pm

Hello mrs June and hello

Just a quickie from me to say I'm PUPO. I've got 2 embies on board. OTD 27th February. Any dos and donts of 2ww welcome

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 4:11pm

Good luck Maame everything crossed for you! X

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 5:03pm

:hi: Hello. xfingers you don't have too long to wait. Though it definitely seems to have got a lot better. We were originally referred in sep 2013 and didn't have our info evening and consult till aug 2014 though it was really quick after that. You'll find this site a great help and full of info, so ask away if you have any Q's.

Mrsjune, you might get to start in march but it'll prob depend on what protocol you'll be on and how many spaces they have available as I think they are quite busy at the mo. But xfingers you'll get a spot. We'll still be cycling together if you start in April as I'm on long protocol so I start my DR injections mid march but don't start stims till early/mid April and EC/ET is looking like the end of April. If you have any Q's ask away there's usually someone around to help. This is going to be my 4th( and last!) round and I'm always asking stuff. The nurses are really helpful too and don't be afraid to ask them to repeat anything you don't understand. I'm terrible esp when I'm on the meds it's like my mind goes to jelly, :duh: I sometimes wish I could just record everything so I can play it back once I get home, he he!

Maame, congratulations on being pupo, :2ww babydust and :sticky: to you. Are you having to work during your tww? I normally find myself a new box set to watch something light hearted and girlie. For My last rounds I watched desperate housewives, then brothers and sisters and sex in the city! I was going to be watching the good wife for my next one but have started watching it already so now need to find something else. I also go for a nice :dog: each day, I have 2 dogs so have to anyway, but try to go to extra nice spots instead of my usual routes. This time I'm also going to have some time out listening to a relaxation cd with some candles and nice and cosy on my bed. I always find the second week the worst so need to come up with a new plan for this time round. :goodluck: and have a nice :coffee: and relax :xxx:

Hello to everyone else, hope you're all having a good day. :xxx:
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Thursday, February 12th 2015, 5:42pm

Yeh fingers and toes crossed for u maame!! Will b thinking about u! Take care!

Cool will just have to b patient and wait and find out our protocol! Will keep u posted! And let u no what the plan is was thinking would prob b April but got fingers crossed might get in March time will tell!! Yeh I'll be asking heaps of questions, nurses will be sick of me sounds like so much to remember

Xxx

Egood

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 8:00am

Hello ladies, so thats it for me. A BFN this morning at 12dp3dt. I will still test on tuesday at my official test day from the clinic but I really cant see how this is going to chAnge. I have had AF cramps for the last two days so might even have AF before tuesday.
i had made a list of nice things to do in case of BFN, so I ll start today going through the list!
We will do one last cycle, I am hoping for may/ june.

Good luck to everyone and thank you sooooooooo much for all your support over the last few weeks!!
Does any one know how fast you get a follow up appointment after a BFN when you call the clinic?

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 9:40am

Hi Egood- I am so sorry to hear your news...I have my fingers crossed for Tuesday still but I also know what it's like when you just 'know'. I waited just over 3 months for my appointment which felt like ages but I know other people have been seen sooner.....think I dropped off their radar again. That's a lovely idea about nice things to do if you had a BFN......I remember when I had my last miscarriage I only wanted to be outside and we went to lots of gardens as I love gardening. Looking at beautiful flowers lifted my spirits....although there aren't many around at this time of the year! xx

Hope15

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 9:48am

So sorry to hear that Egood

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 3:14pm

So sorry to hear that egood. Our follow up took around 3 mths too, but we did have Christmas during that time. It took about 6 weeks to get our appointment through. Though it's all very quick after your follow up, we could have started again right away but I delayed it a few months. I hope you manage to have a nice weekend working through your list . Take care x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, February 14th 2015, 7:33pm

So sorry to hear your news egood, take care xx

Reg: Jun 24th 2013

Children: Big fat 0

Sunday, February 15th 2015, 5:47pm

IVI ALICANTE

Afternoon Everyone,

I was just wandering if anybody had gone through / are going through / or are due to go through the egg donor programme with IVI Alicante? Would be interested to find out your experiences :)

We are not long back from there and am waiting anxiously until the blood test which is on Thursday that will confirm whether it has been successful.

:hugs: to all on this journey xx
Louisa x [zx160]

Monday, February 16th 2015, 9:43am

Egood- thinking about you for tomorrow.....my fingers will remain tightly crossed for you xx
Maame, how is the 2ww treating you? Keeping busy? I have my transfer on Wednesday so won't be far behind you xx
LouisaJane- good luck for your test results on Thursday. I haven't thought about going abroad yet as I am still to early in my journey at aberdeen but I will read what you say with interest and store it all up just in case..... Xx
Hi to all you lovely ladies, sorry for the quick check-in....meant to be hard at work!! xx

Monday, February 16th 2015, 11:13am

Well positivethoughts it's driving me crazy.
It was a bad idea taking time off cos all I do is google and YouTube all day. Of course that doesn't help. I know it's gona be a BFP but my problem is, what happens after. That's what I'm more nervous about. No signs so far though of course I'm only on day 5 so I'm sure it's still early. I'm gona go back to work the second week cos I can't take it anymore.

Egood best of luck for tomorrow Hun.

Loisajane sorry I can't help about treatment abroad. My DH cousin did have treatment in Greece but it was unsuccessful and that's all I know about it.

Mrs June, smihel, hello, hope15 hello to you all

Monday, February 16th 2015, 3:57pm

Hello Maame, is your test date 27th? I hope your two embies snuggle in tight for the next 9 months! X

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 1:49pm

Hi All, got my pack and dates today. We have information night on the 9th and appointment on the 17th of March xx

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 3:41pm

Oh thats great news hello, you will be so pleased, fingers crossed we will be cycle buddles! :thumbsup: xxx

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 3:59pm

Yeh fingers crossed, AF will be due around our appointment fingers crossed we will get started then rather than wait another month! It was a bit of relief getting confirmation today! X

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 5:53pm

Amazing news hello. After the info evening, it all moves so fast so be ready honey. I bet you excited to get going. Good luck with your cycle. Yes my OTD IS 27th but I'll crack before them. I'll do a trial test on Friday. I know I shouldn't but I can't wait till 27th.

Positive thoughts good luck tomorrow for your transfer.

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 6:21pm

Thanks Maame, I wiil crack too and I am not even started yet! Xxx

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 6:46pm

That's great news hello, we may be cycle buddies too. :)

Egood I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. X

Positivethoughts, good luck for your ET tomorrow

Maame, I'm going to keep everything crossed for you. I don't think I'd last the full tww either, with my last 3 rounds I've always known by week 2 that it hasn't worked for us. So I've never made it to OTD. I really hope you get your BFP this time and that little bean sticks and grows. Take care x

Hello to everyone else, I hope you are all doing well x
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Jun 24th 2013

Children: Big fat 0

Tuesday, February 17th 2015, 6:48pm

Hi Positivethoughts and Mamme - thank you for your messages. Am hoping that things are going ok for you both. :)

Am driving myself and my poor husband round the bend on this 2WW.

Is there anybody else out there on the 2WW
Louisa x [zx160]

14 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

14 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE