You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 16th 2014

Friday, October 3rd 2014, 3:10pm

Smihel - Glad you're feeling a bit better. I live about 1/2 hour north of Inverness. Aberdeen is so expensive to stay during the week (even the premier inns and travelodges) - we tend to just drive through on the day and avoid the rush hours. We have had a couple of bargain nights at the Hilton near beach boulevard.
I'm in the same boat as you. Probably want to book somewhere for EC and ET but will have to wait a bit closer to the time.
Highlander - totally agree. Train is the best way to travel the a96. I studied in aberdeen and grew to hate that road with a passion!
x
ICSI #1: BFP, heartbeat seen at 7 & 8 weeks, miscarriage at 9 + 6 weeks

Reg: Mar 18th 2012

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 10:51am

Hi everyone, must be hard for you all travelling so far your treatment. Aberdeen is very expensive for everything!!! Good luck finding suitable accomodation for your treatment. Everything gets booked up so quickly. You all sound very prepared and ready to start. Hope it all goes well for you.

My test day is tomorrow, haven't tested throughout the 2 weeks. I am feeling scared. I am convinced it hasn't worked, I think my brain has decided this so the disappointment isn't quite so bad. Oh well tomorrow I will get my answer. Hopefully scratch and 2 embryos in there, something might have worked. I have been feeling exhausted this week and keep thinking pessaries keeping period away. Also constant headaches, not very nice.

What will be will be :)

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 12:52pm

Chocolate ~ I have everything xfingers for tomorrow! Please let us know xx

I actually didn't mind the travelling as was at college there so know the road. It is a long journey tho, mines takes 4-5hrs!

Xxx

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Children: None

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 6:05pm

Good luck for tomorrow chocolate

Unfortunately AF arrived for me 2 days after my BFP. How is that even possible?? I called hospital and nurse said to wait and test again in a week. Well we all know it's the end of the road. Keeping a little bit of hope though cos I've read some women bleed throughout their pregnancies(wishful thinking). Why is this such a cruel world.

Welcome smihel to the forum. All the ladies on here are nice and it's good to know there are people in the same bots as you
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 6:26pm

Maame - sending you hugs :hugs:. This journey is so hard and can't imagine how you're feeling at the moment. x

Chocolate - good luck for tomorrow. Have got everything xfingers for you. x

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 7:13pm

Maame im so sorry...here's hoping it's just a wee bleed & all is well. I did bled throughout pregnancy xx

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend xx

Reg: Oct 17th 2009

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 7:14pm

Maame- thinking of you,. As you say keep hold of that bit of hope and try to stay positive. A couple of my friends had bleeding for the first few months and one through the entire pregnancy. My sister in law had such a heavy period and really bad stomach pain that her G.P sent her to A&E and she couldn't believe it when they told her she was pregnant! She had bleeding for a while and has had pain through out but is due on the 17th . So my fingers are crossed for you. xfingers

Chocolate - good luck, I'll be thinking of you. xfingers

Highlander Catkins and Bumblebee- I know the A96 is an awful road , I'm definitely going to do the train as often as I can as hubby works away during the week and I really don't fancy driving there and back by myself. I'll have to take my chances on accommodation and just book as soon as I know definite dates, but thanks for the warning. Let's just hope the weather is kind to all of us who have to travel.

I hope I haven't missed anyone out. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
ICSI no 4 march/April :BFP:
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 4th 2014, 7:27pm

We actually stayed in Huntly & travelled through as accommodation in Aberdeen was so expensive. Also stayed in Stonehaven Xx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, October 5th 2014, 6:40pm

Thinkin of you Chocolate xx

Reg: Oct 24th 2013

Children: None

Monday, October 6th 2014, 7:06pm

Thanks for your concern ladies. How r we all???

Well I've got Some news. My cb digi test last week said pregnant 1-2 weeks. I tested again today and it said pregnant 2-3 weeks.Don't know What to make of that as I'm still bleeding heavily. Hospital still insists to wait and test again Friday. My head is just messed up not knowing what the hell is going on in my body. This journey is hard enough without having to deal with confusion. Did a lot of googling and some women say they had period every month throughout their whole pregnancies. Others say hcg still stays in the system after a loss so likely to be positive pregnancy test. That makes sense to me but what confuses me more than anything is why it says 2-3.
Sept2015FET BFP mc 7 wk :tears: :tears:
Feb2015FET BFP ECTOPIC :angry: :angry:
Jul 2015FET BFP baby girl

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, October 6th 2014, 10:22pm

Oh Maame how confusing. Did you have one or 2 transferred as if 2, then maybe one took and the other didnt? Keeping everything xfingers xfingers

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 10:33am

Maame, it must be a horrible worrying time for you. My fingers are crossed for you that it's still positive on Friday. Is there anyway your GP would do a blood test to confirm and to see what the hcg levels are and if they are increasing? Look after yourself, and try to keep positive. In my last clinic they always told us to think and act like we were pregnant until it was confirmed we weren't. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Tuesday, October 7th 2014, 5:07pm

maame - I understand how you feel. it is so confusing and you don't really know which to believe. We had numerous significant heavy bleeds during pregnancy, from as early as 2 days post transfer. It is a good sign that the digi test is increasing, it kept the dream alive for us. this journey is hard enough without our bodies playing tricks on our minds! Keeping everything crossed for Friday.

I guess we were lucky as we live in Aberdeen, about 10 min away from hospital. I take my hat off to all of you who have the added worry of accommodation and travelling on top of treatment. The A96 is a joke! Could have been done so much better.

How is everyone getting on? The weather is cold and nasty so we are hiding inside today : D
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 10:32am

Hello,

How's everyone doing today?
Isn't the weather horrible?! It's made me realise i'll have to be more organised for all my appointments in Aberdeen as I wouldn't have got there today, roads flooded, trains cancelled. I really hope no one has been affected. Only downside to having treatment at this time if year I suppose. Here's hoping it behaves for all of us travelling next week. Think I'm going to research some b and b's just in case!

I hope you're all having a good day.

:)
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Kaz23

Reg: Mar 17th 2010

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Wednesday, October 8th 2014, 12:46pm

Hi All

Our weather seems to have calmed down up here a bit, it was horrendous monday and tuesday, i didn't get to work on monday as the casueways between the south islands here were closed due to the sea water coming over.

Sorry I can't be any help with accommodation info, DH and I are really lucky as we have quite a few old school pals that stay in Aberdeen so always have somewhere to stay no probs.

Maame - what a worry for you, I have everything crossed for you, this journey is stressful enough and then when things like that happen it's worse.
:xxx:

Me 39 DH 41
TTC 3 years Diagnosis: unexplained
1st IVF July 2010: :BFP:

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.
February 2013 FET: :BFN:
August 2013 IVF : :BFN:
August 2014 IVF: :BFP:
DS born April 2015 @ 39 weeks

av13

Ace

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 10:19pm

Thinking of you maame and keeping my fingers crossed for you
Chocolate- thinking of you too. Hope everythings ok!?
Hows everyone else getting on?

I have a stupid question for anyone thats done the antagonist protocol.
I start norethisterone in the morning and it says to take it 3 times a day. What times did you take it? I have a feeling clinic told me when to take them last time but I cant remember. Should I space them out over 24 hours e.g one every 8hrs or do you take them at breakfast, lunch n dinner?
Prob doesnt even matter but finding things to stress about hehe
xXx

Thursday, October 9th 2014, 10:37pm

Av - I'm taking them breakfast, lunch and dinner, or lunch, dinner and bedtime. I have to leave a 4 hour gap between them and my thyroid medication - going to be happy when they stop on Sunday! I don't think the clinic ever told me when to take them. Must be working though as my AF is delayed.

Chocolate and Maame - thinking of you both x

av13

Ace

Friday, October 10th 2014, 1:17pm

Thanks catkins :-) exciting im only a week behind you. We may run into eachother at the clinic.
One last question..... For the past few months i've been taking royal jelly, coq10, l'arginine, maca and pregnacare everyday to try and improve egg quality. When do you think I should stop taking them? If anyone else has been taking supplements what did you do?
XX

Friday, October 10th 2014, 1:38pm

Av- when I picked my tablets up the pharmacist told be to space them out as well as I could. So I've done 0730 1430 and 2130. It all seems to have been fine. Apparently they don't have to be taken with food but drink as much water as you can. I'm not very good on the water front, but am getting better! Like you Catkins I can't wait to finish them. I'm dreading my AF coming though as dread to think how horrible it's going to be, not looking forward to my baseline scan on thurs if AF is still around.

I hope you all don't mind me having a moan but I thought some of you might understand.
My brother and his girlfriend had their "surprise" baby on wed. They live down in Devon so I'm unable to visit till I end my treatment. I am really happy for them both as I wouldn't want anyone to go through our journey. However I've had no photo, no news on the name, weight etc. all I know is they've had a boy and mum and babe are doing well. I am desperate for more info and I know they'll be busy and adjusting etc but surely it doesn't take much to send a quick text!! I really am happy for them as neither of them thought they would ever have children, he's 39 and she's 37. They only met 11mths ago so things have all happened very quickly and was a big surprise for them both! My mum is over the moon as she's been desperate for grandchildren ever since I met my hubby 11 yrs ago, but obviously we've not had any success on that front! So all round everyone is thrilled to bits, I guess I'm just feeling a bit left out and frustrated too. Not really the best timing but that couldn't really be helped! I know I'm sounding completely irrational and selfish, I think my hormones are a bit all over the place too which isn't helping. Anyway moan over..

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Thinking of you Maame and chocolate.

X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Friday, October 10th 2014, 1:41pm

Av just seen your new post. In my last two rounds I carried on all the way through with my supplements. I'm only on colic acid, cq10 and floradix which I'll keep on taking for now. You can check with the nurses if they are happy for you to carry on with them all.

Good luck. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Reg: Oct 9th 2014

Children: 0

Friday, October 10th 2014, 6:19pm

Just starting at Aberdeen!

Hi there, just seen this thread and wondered is everyone answering here using Aberdeen? I have been referred there and just awaiting out first appointment now so thought it might be an idea to make contact with people using the same clinic.

Debbie x

Friday, October 10th 2014, 8:23pm

Hello all,

Hope everyone is well. Welcome to you Debbie! Yes, everyone here is being treated (or has been treated) at Aberdeen. This is a great place to come for support and info. I'm on my first cycle and have learned a lot from the ladies on here. Wishing you lots of luck and a very quick referral!

Av - I'm on a lot of supplements too but the only one that is the same as you is Co-Q10. There's a great info section on supplements on fertility friends website - pretty sure it has specific info for each supplement about when to stop etc. Sorry I can't help more.

xxx

Friday, October 10th 2014, 8:55pm

Hi Catkins,

My GP seems to think that my first appointment will be in a few weeks, still working hard to get my weight down too, need to drop another few pounds but it is achievable so at least I have something to concentrate on in the meantime!! I'm excited and terrified all in one, because I am getting older I am worried about my AMH, been reading up on it after a lady on another site worried me with her story, can anyone remember what happens on the first appointment and do they check AMH levels pretty quick?

Debbie x

Friday, October 10th 2014, 9:43pm

Hi Debbie,

Good work on the weight loss! I've only managed to drop a few pounds : ( Aberdeen didn't check my AMH - not all clinics do. If someone has had that checked there, then I'm sure they'll be along soon to say. Has your GP done fsh and progesterone blood tests? Try not to worry about age. How old are you? I'm 42 so practically geriatric in fertility terms ; ) First appointment for us was lots of info from docs and a scan for me to see if I was "viable" for ivf. We were in the system for quite a long time as my DF had to have an operation before we could start ivf. Your appointment will be here very quickly.
x

Friday, October 10th 2014, 10:01pm

I am 37 so pretty much the same as you! Had my progesterone checked and the GP said it was fine. I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost a tube in 2009 so I kind of knew the problem is on my side, OH had a sperm analysis and he came back with huge numbers, motility was not perfect but they said it was nothing to worry about, so i'm really hoping that they can find out what is wrong with me and help us. I've been losing weight to make sure that I am under the BMI level they recommend, I was worried that I might not get the IVF if I was over the 30 that it says on the NHS guidelines, been worrying myself sick about it!

I cant wait for the first appointment and I am so grateful for forums like this where I can ask questions and not feel silly! How have things been going with you?

xx

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:24am

Hi Debbie,
Welcome! That's great news you've got your referral. We found that once we had our first consultants appointment it all happened relatively quickly after that. I'm really rubbish at remembering all these abbreviations,so what does AMH stand for? Try not too worry too much, though I know that's easier said than done! All the staff are really lovely at Aberdeen which helps too. Good luck with everything though. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:37am

Debbie, 37!!! You are a youngster : ) I've tried not to worry about age too much as the more you read, the more it seems like a lottery (25 year olds with blood tests of 45 year olds and vice versa). If gp is happy with progesterone, then all is good. I'm pretty sure I was asked to get an fsh blood test at my first appointment which is done at beginning of cycle. It's a good indicator too.
All is good with me, thanks. My partner is a carrier for cystic fibrosis so has no tubes. Great sperm count, but no motility cos they've never had to swim! So it's icsi procedure for us. I'm a bit of an unknown as I only have one ovary. Just taking it one day at a time. I'm on ultra short protocol so it's just two weeks from first injection to egg collection.
I think aberdeen are quite strict on bmi but you are planning ahead and getting there, so it'll be fine.
There are a few supplements recommended for older ladies to help with blood flow, egg quality etc. Worth reading around a few sites to see if anything would help you. I take co-enzyme q10 & pycnogenol, lots of ladies here take royal jelly.
x

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:38am

Smihel, how are you feeling? Is your baseline on Thursday too?

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:44am

Hi all

Last day of Norethisterone tabs today,I can't wait to finish them. I've been feeling quite moody, emotional and really achy the last few days. Really looking forward to scans and injections to start next week, it always feels a bit more "real" at that point. Getting excited now. : D I

Catkins how are you getting on?

I'm feeling much better after my blip from yesterday's think I just needed to get it off my chest. I still wishing I was a lot closer to help out and have lots of cuddles but not so emotional about the whole thing. I finally have a photo of my wee nephew, which helped and he's gorgeous, it has reminded me of what this journey is all about.

I hope everyone's having a good day. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:51am

Catkins, I think we posted at the same time! Yes my baseline is on thurs too, 11.00. I'm on ultra short short protocol too, I can't believe how quick it's going to be, will be over before we know it!! I may well bump into you at Aberdeen.
I'm not feeling too bad as I said in my last post my emotions are all over the shot, which is a whole new thing for me as I don't usually get moody or upset, but hey ho it's all part of the fun!! I've started feeling a bit crampy but not my usual stomach cramps it almost feels more to the sides almost like the ovary area which is a bit weird!! I'm not getting much sleep either, can't work out if it's the tablets or me overthinking everything.

His are you doing? X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 10:06am

Catkins - its a very long time since someone called me a youngster! You've just made my day!! I've been losing weight the last couple of months and gone from a dress size 22 to a 16, I reckon I need to lose another 15lb but we are getting there, just keep going on hope that by the time I see them that my BMI is ok. It bloody better be - running outside in the lovely Scottish weather is really not all that fun at 6am every day!!

Smihel - lovely to meet you to! AMH is the measure of how many eggs you have left in your ovarian reserve, I wasn't overly worried about it until someone in another group told me about their story and now it has frightened the living daylights out of me. She said that because her AMH was low that she is only suitable for donor and that they wont do that at Aberdeen so she has to go abroad. Literally this has frightened me so much, as if I wasn't worrying about enough things!! I suppose I should be glad she told me so that I can ask about it at my first appointment and get the test out of the way.

I am so glad I found this forum, its great to talk to people that are in the same boat so to speak - but also in the same area too!

Debbie x x

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 2:29pm

Hi Debbie, well done - that's fab results in a couple of months, sure you'll be fine by the time appointment comes. Regarding the timing, we had patient info evening the night before appointment then started cycle on next period, took approx 7 weeks from appointment to egg collection but umpteen scans, tablets, jags etc In between so it flies by.

Smihel- glad to hear you're feeling better today, enjoy the calm before the storm! Fsh really played with my emotions. Just keep reminding yourself (and hubby!) it's only temporary and will all be worth it... You were askng before about travel to aberdeen, just heard the endometrial scan can now be done in Inverness (had to go to aberdeen for it last cycle, which was only a few months ago) so might be worth checking if they can do anything else there?

AFM, started tablets today, scan week after next then hopefully FET#2 the following week xfingers
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 5:47pm

For anyone here that has used or is using Aberdeen - when the NHS guidelines say we get two cycles does that mean that you can get one fresh transfer then if that doesn't work you can use any frozen during collection for transfer - then if that still doesn't work you can have a second cycle or does the "two" mean one x fresh then one x frozen transfers.

Also how many embryo's will they transfer? I know some NHS clinics say they will only transfer one and some will transfer 2 or 3?

If someone could let me know that would be amazing! Sorry for all the questions xx

Debbie xx

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 6:27pm

Debbie, one cycle means any treatment that uses embryos created from one collection. So one fresh ivf and one FET just count as one cycle. I only get one nhs cycle so that was one of my first questions. On the other hand, if I'm a poor responder and my cycle is cancelled, that's my one nhs go over. Embryo transfer is different in every situation but I was told I would have a double if it was an option because of my age.
Smihel, my scan is 30 mins after you. Will see you there! I am the absolute opposite, emotions wise. Since my thyroid started playing up, I've been an emotional mess. But on Norethisterone, I am utterly level! I don't understand it at all. But I am also cramping too.
Highlander - good luck to you, too!

av13

Ace

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 6:46pm

Hi debbie,

One cycle means egg.collection, transfer of fresh embryo(s) and, if your lucky enough to have any, transfer of leftover frozen embryos. They will use up frozen ones first before you get your second cycle.
In my fist cycle they would only transfer one embryo as they thought it had a good shot of working, my second cycle they transferred 2 even though consultant at my follow up from my first cycle said I was only allowed 1 transferred again.
I think it depends on age (although im only 25) and quality/number of embryos on the day. I didnt have any left to freeze on either cycle and I think they took that into account
As for timings we had first consultation at aberdeen the day after patient info evening in september and started with octobers period I think

Smihel- you finish your norethisterone today? I thought they always stopped them on Sunday?! (Maybe wrong but im sure thats what the nurse said in my first cycle)
I had the worst ever period after norethisterone last time, just to warn you. It was also late and didnt even come in time for baseline. Will you be having certrorelix injections as well as fsh?
XX

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 7:27pm

Av - how long does it normally take for period to arrive after stopping Norethisterone? I have an almighty drive from London to aberdeen on Wednesday so hoping I'm not feeling really rubbish.

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 7:42pm

Av 13, thank you, I was just about to ask catkins what day she finished as I've just looked at my protocol sheet and couldn't work out if if was 11th or 12th! I guess I have one last day after all! Thanks for the warning on what to expect, I have horrible periods as it is so I was thinking this one would be pretty horrible. I'm trying to be super organised so that I can rest up if I need to. What happens if we don't come on in time for baseline, does everything get delayed? And yes I am on certrorelix too, I've not been on that before, is it ok or are there horrible side effects too? Are you doing another cycle now too?

Catkins, I will keep a look out for you, I'll be the only one without a Scottish accent! Are you going by train or car? I can't make my mind up. Even though I kind of know what's ahead( my last two were done in Sydney so slightly different system/ protocol to UK) and I know it's not an easy journey, I'm getting really excited that we are finally here doing another round. It's probably going to be our last round as we only have funding for 1 round and we can't afford a private one.

Debbie, good luck with everything, it'll be starting before you know it. With transfer it's either 1or 2 at Aberdeen. They prefer 1 but will consider each person and their situation. If you have a good case for 2 going back in I think they are happy to do so. X

Highlander, thanks for the info about the scans I will ask about that, that will make a big difference for you. Will be thinking of you and will keep everything crossed . I wasn't too bad on the fsh last time but I'm on a much higher dose the time as well as certrorelix which I haven't used before. I'm preparing myself for the worst and getting all organised at home so I don't have to do too much if I don't feel up to it. Trying to give this round as much chance as I can. Good luck with everything. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 9:22pm

Wow catkins that is a long drive, you go careful. Can you stop somewhere over night if you need to? I quite often go down to Devon from here which takes around12hrs, luckily I have a few friends around the Liverpool area who I can stop off with if I get too tired, I have done it in one go several times and it takes me a good few days to recover. I'll be thinking of you on wed, and will have fingers crossed that the m6 isn't too bad. Tebay services are always really nice and have excellent facilities too. Of I hear snoring from the waiting room on Friday I'll come wake you up. He he!
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

Saturday, October 11th 2014, 11:50pm

Hi - thanks so much all of you! Honestly, you get more info from posting on this forum than you do from days of research!! One more question then I'll stop asking for a little while!! Does everyone get one or two cycles under Aberdeen on NHS funding. I was looking at the guidelines and just cant seem to find out if you are under Aberdeen how many cycles you get under NHS funding.

I'm so exciting by your answers, it seems that although it has took a...g...e....s to get this far that now we are here, things will start moving very fast.

I want to say thankyou so so much fir answering my questions and wish you all the very best of luck in your cycles, I am going to become very active on here and I am so looking forward to hearing all your good news. xxx

av13

Ace

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 1:55am

Catkins- think you should start a few days later after stopping it. Hopefully you will feel fine, I just remember my period being a lot worse than usual but it will be different for everyone

Smihel- double check your date for stopping tabs as not 100% its always a sunday (although pretty sure thats what nurse said) It should say om your protocol sheet last tablet on.... Think you are meant to take them on the date it says and finish that evening.
I had baseline on the wednesday and was told if my period came before friday I could go ahead and start infections then. if not I had to take a pregnancy test and ring back to decide what to do. Luckily it came thursday night so no delay
I got like a nettle sting rash from the certrorelix which was horrible and really itchy but they said it was ok as long as it just stayed on my belly. I got it from buserelin last cycle too although not as bad.
Yes just starting cycle 3, fingers crossed. This will be my third in a year so has been pretty full on

debbie- think its 2 goes on the nhs now. Everything goes so quick once you get started

Hi to everyone else
xxx

Sunday, October 12th 2014, 7:41am

Debbie, it's 2 cycles for the under 40s and 1 for the overs (used to be 3 and none, then legislation changed just as we had our first appointment which was rather good timing).
Thanks for the driving well wishes, Smihel. Have had an appointment booked down in London for months - long before I knew this was ivf month. Will probably stop at Dundee on Wednesday night, then shoot up to aberdeen on Thursday morning. Have you decided train vs. car yet?
Last day of tablets today! I'm really excited about actually getting going whilst trying to stay realistic about the chances at my age. I am on holiday for most of my protocol (just not the end - but have arranged special leave). Only a few people will have to suffer my mood swings on fsh ; )
Thanks AV - am hopeful that it will not be too bad. I might just get lucky and get the drive out of the way before it arrives.
xx

Monday, October 13th 2014, 11:22am

Av- gosh three in a year that is hard going. I did two in a year and found that enough!
My fingers are crossed for us both on our third go's. The certrorelix sounds not so nice, luckily I'm not working during treatment so I can just stay at home if I need to. Were you allowed to take any antihistamines to help with the itching? I think it was Sunday that was the last day, the 1 and two's look really similar on my protocol sheet but after much deliberation I decided it was the 12th!

Catkins- I've decided to train it, I'm so tired at the mo so don't trust my self to drive there and back by myself. It does mean I'm there two hours early but I don't know aberdeen so it will give me a chance to look around and plenty of time to find my way to the hospital. Good luck with all your driving this week.
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

av13

Ace

Monday, October 13th 2014, 11:41am

Smihel- did you have any luck finding b&bs? We're 6 hours away from Aberdeen so its a nightmare. We stayed there alot during our last treatment but ended up spending well over a grand on accommodation.
They never mentioned antihistamines but i will ask this time.
Catkins- hehe I know what you mean about moodswings, im working until about day 5 of fsh this time but have warned my boss. I was awful on the buserelin last time, I didnt have any patience at all and nearly walked out a couple of times :snigger:
xXx

Reg: Mar 5th 2014

Monday, October 13th 2014, 4:31pm

Hi smihel, I used to take the kindle for days I got to hospital early, but checked in with nurses when I got there anyway. Some days they'd have a gap in appointments and I'd get scanned early. Failing that, there's a shopping centre attached to train station and a bar/cafe with free wifi if the weather is too miserable to wander round town (or if you don't feel up to it)

Catkins, my period didn't start till the Thursday after stopping norethisterone on Sunday, it was very heavy but not too painful, although I did feel pretty wiped out. Hopefully you'll get the worst of your journey out the way before it hits x

Know exactly what you mean av- I had more arguments with my boss in the fortnight leading up to EC than the whole 14 years prior to That!
IVF #1 April 2014 Cancelled - OHSS so freeze all cycle
FET #1 July 2014 BFN
FET#2 Oct, :BFP:

Zebra84

Reg: Jul 17th 2014

Monday, October 13th 2014, 8:34pm

Hi All, how is everyone?

I feel for those who have far to travel, this process is hard enough without having that stress.

This is my 3rd attempt (all this year) too so here's hoping it's third time lucky for us all in that position.

Baseline on Friday, feeling more prepared this time compared to my first fresh cycle but still feel as though maybe I should have done more, or done something different, or took more supplements or something.

All the information you read and research can be overwhelming, it's easy to get confused. I've read that caffeine is bad (which we all know) but I also read that de-caff isn't great, green tea can interfere with folic acid, herbal teas should be limited to one a day and cold foods/drinks should be avoided so does that mean we should just drink warm water?!?!

Also, I've read you should drink a litre of full fat milk a day, is this just for the protein of for something else?

Hoping I've done all I can to help my chances this time. I know a couple others are starting stimming this week too - how are you feeling?

I'm planning on taking a few days off after ET, I've not really taken much time off with previous cycles so want to give myself as much time as I can this time.

xx

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:05am

Zebra - I know exactly what you mean about all the information. I'm pretty much on one caff coffee a day, then water. Not too exciting! I do feel guilty about the caff coffee but my acupuncturist reassured me that one was okay and that decaff was much worse for me. I have given up dairy, gluten, soya so my one coffee is my only treat! Hope Friday goes well for you.

Having been away for a few days, my healthy eating and supplement routine has fallen apart which is making me feel very guilty. Hoping that my body has enough reserves. I think any extra protein, not just milk, is good when you're stimming. Is that right?
Realised today I have no idea about injection timings. When do you do Buserelin and fsh? I'm going to need to space them out from thyroid medicine.
Stress and guilt are the emotions of the day. I'll feel better when I'm back at home and the fsh has me crying at everything.

xxx

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:15am

Catkins I was advised buserelin in morning & FSH at night as if they need to change you dose you haven't had it yet! Hope that makes sense?

:hi: to everyone else xxx

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 10:56am

Thanks Bumblebee! That makes sense. x

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 5:05pm

Hi how is everyone getting on?

I live in Aberdeen, so feel free to message me if you want any hints/tips of good places to go, any local info or fancy a coffee/chat.

Good luck for everyone cycling.

x
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

Tuesday, October 14th 2014, 6:21pm

Catkins and Zebra- I was getting myself so stressed over what I could and couldn't eat/ drink and hubby was getting so fed up of me keeping on at him, that I decided to be more relaxed this time. And have just been trying to have a sensible healthy balanced diet with the odd treat or two.Though now I'm starting to panic I may not have done enough. I guess it's a bit late now though. Regarding the decaf, I hadn't heard it's bad for you, does anyone know why and what it does? We drink decaf tea and coffee and have done even before we were ttc. Now I'm really worried I've been undoing all my hard work. Why does it have to be so complicated?!

Overall I'm getting excited about starting stimms but at the same time a little nervous too. I'm trying to be really positive and keep relaxed but at the same time realistic too. It's a bit of a juggling act of emotions!!

Highlander and tazza- how far is the hospital from the train station? Is it easy to get to? I don't know aberdeen at all and only know how to get to the hospital from the a96 by car. Also how long do I need to allow to get there I'm time?

Av- I did have a look for some b and b's but I didn't book anything just yet. I need to have a look again at the weekend and see if I can provisionally book something. I will let you know how I get on. It's so expensive isn't it.

Hope everyone else is doing well. X
TTC 8yrs
3 early mc
ICSI x 3 BFN
1 [zx076] seen 7 wks.
bab21

22 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

22 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE