You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 11:04pm

Hi lasses,

I am so SORRY Jane. :cuddle Hope you are coping OK. I'm afraid I don't know how quick endo comes back, be a good question for your follow-up!

AFM - protocol arrived today - yippee, can start booking travel/accommodation. Also spoke to the clinic on Wed and they said I am OK to start DR 2mrw. They said it didn't matter that I had started bleeding as quite often the buserelin makes you bleed anyway. I hope they're right! Am really looking forward to starting moving on now, probably won't be thinking that 2mrw when I'm jabbing myself! :snigger:

Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl born 2010

Friday, April 6th 2012, 10:45pm

Oh Jane I'm so sorry hun x it's such a difficult time just rest up, cry lots and let yourself get over it. blowkiss

I've decided instead of thinking about what I'm missing I'm focussing on the limited time I have before the next treatment in which to have lots of fun, drinks with friends, seafood, cheeses, pâtés, sleep etc. Basically all the indulgences I won't be able to have once I'm pregnant! Only 2 months to go I better hurry pmsl

Clara - great news Hun I wish u all the best x will be keeping everything crossed for u (well almost everything [zx084] )

FD hope u are getting on ok x

Hi everyone else x

Cant believe it DH has agreed to put off next treatment until July after we get back from holiday it's only 2 more weeks but means we can have a great time before we get going again x so relieved x
1st IVF Oct 2009 happydance :BFP: [zx050]
Beautiful Girl born 2010
2nd IVF FET Mar 2012 - chemical pregnancy :girl_sad:

3rd IVF 1 Blasto transferred 10 Sept 2012 (beer2)

Reg: Dec 15th 2011

Wednesday, April 18th 2012, 9:14pm

Hi everyone - we just had our 2nd appt on Tuesday and the news is not so great. I'm scheduled to have a lap surgery done at the end of July and the doctor thinks they will most likely have to remove both of my Fallopian tubes. Has any one else had to have that done? Because hubby's sperm count is low they are recommending icsi. Feeling a bit low - not too excited about surgery, but just trying to think about the reason why we are doing all of this! Sorry to be a downer :-( hope you are all well. :)
Michelle x

1st IVF Dec 2012 :BFP:

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:16am

Hi Michelle,

grouphug

Sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for hun but try not to worry. Im no expert but I think fallopian tubes become a bit redundant anyway with IVF though Im sure being told you need to have them removed must have come as a shock. Also, ICSI is nothing to worry about its just a helping hand for the sperm getting into the egg where instead of leaving it to fight its way in they inject it in with a really fine needle (and save the sperm some hard work). We were also told we needed ICSI but they will actually confirm on the day whether you need it or not depending on the quality of the sample that day.

I know the thought of surgery can be really scary (I have had many laparoscopies for my endometriosis) but they take really good care of you and usually get much more information about your situation once they have "been in to have a look".

Try and stay positive hun, just think you are always moving one step closer to realising your dream of a baby so just try and keep positive.

BIG HUGS xxx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 7:59pm

Thanks so much for your reply and all the info - so helpful to know that your not the only one going through all of this! Feeling much more positive today - a good nights sleep helped a lot I think! :sleeping: just trying to focus on staying healthy because there's nothing that can be done for a few months now. Best of luck to you in July and enjoy your hols! :o)
Michelle x

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:16pm

Hi Michelle,

Glad to hear your feeling better today. I can't imagine being told they were going to take away my fallopian tubes, why do they need to be removed? But as Melba says I don't think they are really necessary for IVF. I also had lasproscopies and again as Melba said got much a much clearer picture once they'd been in and had a poke about ;) Definately find something else to keep yourself distracted, the whole IVF thing is a waiting game! I started doing all kinds of crafts, sad but true :whistling:

AFM - another day another injection, not as bad side-effects this time. Hope that doesn't mean it's not working. Roll on scan day....not long now...

Cx

Friday, April 20th 2012, 9:14pm

Hi! Fingers crossed for you - hoping to hear good news soon. Sure the injections are working, maybe your just more used to them now?? Don't know much about it yet, but just wishing you all the best.

They've got to remove them because they're both filled with fluid and this can reduce the chances if IVF working by a half. Apparently the fluid can leak back into the uterus and cause a toxic environment. I guess they're not doing me much good anyways, but it is a lot to get your head around. Just booked a fab holiday for June so nice to have something fun to look forward to! :thumbup:

Looking forward to your updates! :)
Michelle x

Friday, June 8th 2012, 7:17pm

Hey gang just wanted to pop in and say hi x hope u are all well x we have out follow up next week then are off and running again!
Clara looks like u are on the dreaded 2 ww hope u are coping and news is good x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:16am

Hi Melba and any other Aberdeen ladies!

I haven't posting our story this time as I didn't think anyone was on here just now!

Good luck with your next cycle and keep in touch.

AFM - my OTD is Tues....aaah, going slightly :yell:

Cx

Saturday, June 9th 2012, 10:47pm

Sorry I have been rubbish at logging in just took a break from it all but will keep checking x I really hope all goes well Clara u are almost there ;0)))))) I will be thinking of u and hoping for great news!! The 2ww is the worst x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 11:38am

good luck with your scan tomorrow Clarabelle

:goodluck:

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 1:59pm

Hi lasses,

Thank you Andrea the scan went really well, although DH missed it due to mist delaying his flight. I was holding my breath but there was a peerie blob with a HB going like the clappers. I started crying, with relief and joy! Now just want the 12w one so I can see it again!!

How's everyone else doing? Melba how did your follow up appt go?

Michelle what stage are you at now?

Cx

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 12:36am

Clara that's so awesome well done x x love seeing the little hb for the first time x poor Dh missing out ;0(

Follow up went well we are all set for the short protocol next x I'm delighted as its all done and dusted in 2.5 weeks x so we are off to the Carribbean this weekend and start when we get back x

Getting excited actually x can't wait for my holiday too x will keep u informed but EC is early Sep at this stage ;0))
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 5:25pm

Congrats Clarabelle! That's exciting news! :) I'm going in on thurs for a lap - they're most likely going to remove boh tubes to give ivf a better chance. We've got a follow up with dr Hamilton on 21st aug, so will know more then. Thanks for asking. Look forward to hearing more positive news! xx
Michelle x

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 9:10pm

Hi gang,

Not sure if anyone is still on this thread but we are starting on Monday. Sort of excited and nervous not really sure what to expect this time but more excited I think.

How are you all doing?

Clara 4 days until next scan WOO HOO!! xx Good luck honey say hi to your bubs from me x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Wednesday, August 8th 2012, 8:35pm

Hi, best of luck! Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Just a quick update - had my lap and dye 2 weeks ago. My tubes are actually fine! Dr Hamilton said he found paratubular cysts, which are harmless so no need to remove. That's what showed up on the ultrasound and why they thought the tubes were blocked. So pleased - still going to try ivf because of hubby's low sperm count, but glad I'm still in tact so we can just keep trying in the mean time. Follow up on aug 21st so we'll see what the plan is then.

How's everyone else getting on?
Michelle x

Saturday, August 11th 2012, 1:30pm

Michelle - great news bet that was a relief x x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Tuesday, August 21st 2012, 5:03pm

Well we were back at the clinic to see Dr Hamilton again for the follow up, and he's saying we could get started with IVF in October! Just waiting for an appt letter to come through now. Anyone else starting in October?? xx
Michelle x

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 3:26pm

Hi Michelle :bye:

:congrats:
hun that is awesome news x I just started on the short protocol 2 weeks ago taking tablets then yesterday did my first lot of injections and I have my second injections starting from Sunday. My EC looks like it should be around the first week of September but that would still only make us 1 month apart x

Anyway its such a relief just to get started. I wish you all the best x I will keep you posted as to how I'm getting on too.
Beautiful Girl born 2010

honey34

Reg: Aug 22nd 2012

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 11:20am

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums but I've had a read through some of your old posts and think it's great we can all share experiences on here. I'm hoping to start IVF with ICSI later this year. Hopefully be invited to the October info session and see what happens from there. Excited but nervous and trying not to get hopes up too much! Can anyone tell me if you are assigned a different doctor once you begin treatment? I'm not too keen on the doctor we've had for our initial appointments so I'm hoping we get someone different. x

Wednesday, August 29th 2012, 5:12pm

Hi! Melba you must be getting close to EC now - next week sometime? How are you feeling so far? Let us know how you are getting on. :)

We're hoping to be invited along in October too - think I'm going to phone tomorrow to see if I can get any definite dates because I need to book off my holidays. Looking forward to getting away before the stressful journey begins! I don't know if you get assigned a different doctor or not, but I was told that dr Hamilton will be off for a few months so it won't be him. Kinda bummed because I've seen him a few times now and liked him, but I'm sure the next dr will be fine too. I think you should be able to request a different doctor it just might take a little longer to get an appt? Sorry you've not had a good experience with your dr so far. I know it's so hard not to get your hopes up! Best of luck to you! : D
Michelle x

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 9:08am

Hi gang,

Im on the second last day of injections WOO HOO! Im on the short protocol this time and have found it A LOT better - well much easier to tolerate. Lots of headaches but not nearly the lack of energy and stuff I had last time. Im very relieved in case I have to do this all again that it really wasn't so bad this time. My last scan was yesterday morning and my EC is booked for Wednesday so we are good to go. The proof will obviously be in the pudding - not looking forward to the crazy 2ww but I will be on holiday by the time I find out so either way I plan to enjoy myself!

I don't remember if you get a different dr but I think you could probably request a different doctor - its really important that you are comfortable with whoever you are dealing with - this can be hard enough without having to deal with someone you don't like. My experience is that really, you actually spend most of your time with the nurses and hardly see the doctors once things get started and all of the nurses are absolutely lovely (well the ones I have met anyway).

Will let you all know how I get on. I don't know why but I can't see it working this time - its just a feeling that we already have been so lucky but Im just happy to get another round under my belt. As my friend always says, it will happen its just a matter of how many tries it will take to get there!! In any case we are off to Singapore, THailand then on to Australia so if it doesn't work I will be eating up a storm of seafood ha ha!!!

x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 7:42pm

Finally getting started!

So excited just got our information pack through today! I phoned the clinic this week because we are going to be out of town at the beginning of October so would miss the information evening, so they managed to book us into the one on Monday night. :) Our initial appt is October 16th - just really can't wait to get started!

Melba, keeping everything crossed for you! Sounds like an amazing holiday you've got planned! Why did they decide to use the short protocol this time? Did you request that? Just wondering because it sounds I much better, I'm really worried about the side effects of the drugs. :S
Michelle x

kellymck

Reg: Jun 27th 2012

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 5:04pm

Hi Girls

I'm new to the forum and thanks to Melba she pointed me in this direction. I'm on the waiting list for nhs ivf which when we joined the list was meant to start February 2013 but am now really upset as I phoned last week to see where we are and they told me we are anytime between March and July. They told me to phone back at the start of the year and they would have a better idea....I just couldn't bear it if we are waiting till July. Feels like we are never going to get there.

Kelly x

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:54pm

Hi Kelly,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome. Sorry to hear you are being delayed further :-( seems like this whole process is just a big waiting game. Hope you get some good news in the new year! :)
Michelle x

kellymck

Reg: Jun 27th 2012

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:32pm

Hi Michelle

Thanks. Yes I have everything crossed that we will be taken more the March end and not July, but will just wait and see. Hope everything goes well for you in your treatment. :)

Monday, September 3rd 2012, 11:27pm

Hi gang,

Kelly try not to worry I think they mostly over- estimate but the whole thing is a bit of a waiting game so try and hang in there x Best of luck I think the waiting is sometimes the hardest part!

Michelle - YAY glad to hear that you are getting started. Don't worry everyone handles the drugs differently and there are a few tricks of the trade to help combat side effects. The best one I found is to make sure you drink heaps of water that really helped me with the headaches. The reason for the short protocol is that I got heaps and heaps of eggs from my first treatment (over 20) and upon review, the consultant said I was borderline OHSS so they wanted me on the shorter protocol this time to lower the risk. It still involves tablets for 21 days, then 2 weeks of injections mostly 2 a day, but overall it is quicker and I seemed to tolerate it better. Im not sure whether you can choose it though - don't worry they know what they are doing and they will tell you the best protocol for you. My first IVF even though it was the long protocol got me a beautiful daughter so I wouldn't have changed that for anything.

I have done my last injection tonight WOO HOO!! It feels so good to have finished - whatever happens next Im glad I have gotten through that part. I have egg collection on Wednesday morning will then have to wait and see what happens and hope that a) I have some eggs to transfer and b) discuss whether they are 3 day or 5 day transfers. Last time we went to blasto but not sure what to even hope for this time - will leave it to the experts I think (otherwise it fries my brain ha ha).

FINGERS CROSSED xx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 11:57am

Hi all just back from hospital x 9 eggs so now the nerve wracking wait until tomorrow to see how many fertilise x so far so good tho :thumbup:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 10:22pm

Wow 9 is really great! Hope all went okay today and you're not too sore. Hope you get good results in the morning!! :thumbsup:
Michelle x

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 3:20pm

So great news this morning - all 9 fertilised! 3 were a little bit rubbish but 6 are looking great so we are in with a chance. We are booked in for 3 day transfer Sat morning or if all 6 continue to go well we may be offered a blasto transfer on Monday but will see what happens x

Very relieved - still a bit sore but getting better.

Thanks for all your well wishes guys. Will keep you posted x high5
Beautiful Girl born 2010

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 4:18pm

:weehee: Melba, well done. hope the pain eases up for you soon

Michelle :goodluck:

:hi: Kelly. i know its frustrating but dont let it get you down.. you can always contact them and ask for a cancellation if it becomes available. thats what i did...
:xxx:

Thursday, September 6th 2012, 7:35pm

Yay Melba you must be pleased with that result! :thumbsup2: hope you're recovering well and that all goes well this weekend. xfingers
babydust
Michelle x

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 11:29pm

Just a quick update got the call this morning 3 doing great (8 cells) and 2 doing well (7 cells) so we were recommended blasto x transfer is now on Monday - I always get nervous at this point hoping we will get to transfer but the embryologist was positive and mentioned of all the times they have gone to blast only once did they not survive to transfer so I'm hopeful we will be ok x my little girl was a blasto too so fingers crossed they are lucky for us x off to bed as knackered after packing for holiday x more when I'm PUPO... Hopefully x x : D
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 11:20am

Best of luck for Monday! :2ww babydust
Michelle x

Monday, September 10th 2012, 1:27pm

Hi everyone x firstly THANKU for your lovely messages and best wishes - I am officially PUPO with one lovely 4CA blast on board the others are still going and I will get a call about freezing tomorrow but my transfer went smoothly and I feel very relaxed and hopeful x I'm just going to relax this afternoon then on to getting ready for holiday tomorrow x official test day is 25 Sep so bring on the dreaded 2ww but today I'm grateful we have gotten this far and the rest is down to little emby staying sticky x :dance: [zx126]

For now though my job is done woo hoo!!! :biggrin:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, September 10th 2012, 5:02pm

congratulations in bein PUPO

wishin you all the best

Xxx

Monday, September 10th 2012, 7:22pm

So glad everything went well. We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you. xfingers Have a fab time on your holiday! Where are you off to?
Michelle x

Monday, September 10th 2012, 9:41pm

Thanks Andrea x how are u getting on??

Thanks Michelle we are off on a big one this time I can't wait Dubai, Singapore, Thailand, Australia (home for me) it will be awesome we are not back in the UK until November x I will keep checking in on u from there and keep u guys informed x u never know whether it will work this time but you've got to be in it to win it and at least we are in it high5

Not looking forward to the 2ww tho :loony:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Thursday, September 27th 2012, 5:52am

Hey guys very cautious BFP excited but lots of cramping and terrible diarrhoea at the moment (sorry tmi) so just taking it very slowly. Will book an early scan in Singapore then post on here again. So far so good but am a little worried hopefully breathe a sigh of relief after scan x x
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Jaybee

Reg: Sep 24th 2012

Children: 1 gorgeous boy!

Tuesday, October 9th 2012, 8:42pm

Referral waiting times???

Hi girls,
I'm new to this but thought I'd see if anyone has any info on referral waiting times at Aberdeen? My husband had chemo 2 yrs ago which has left him infertile. Luckily he was advised to freeze sperm before treatment started and we do already have a son who was concieved before his diagnosis. His GP sent a referral letter some time in the last 2 weeks and we haven't heard anything since. Does this sound standard or something I should be chasing up? We're obviously having to self fund due to already having a child. Just really want to get the first appt out of the way so we have some idea of what we're up against!
Thanks for any advice/help!
Jo

Me: 34 DH: 38
ICSI Jan 13: Cancelled
ICSI July 13: BFN
2 Frosties
FET October 2013???

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 9:22pm

Hi, I think it took us about 4 weeks before we were sent a questionnaire from the clinic. Once we sent that back it took about 6-8 weeks for our first appointment. You could always ring them up to make sure they received the referral just for peace of mind? Good luck with everything!! xx
Michelle x

Jaybee

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 9:26pm

Thanks for the reply.
I think the website said about 4 weeks for appt and that you'd get a questionnaire first but thought I'd check what others real experiences were. Tried to phone the reception number on Monday but engaged for ages and no ringback allowed! Will try again tomorrow.
Thanks again!
J x
Jo

2 Frosties
FET October 2013???

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 9:38pm

J - no worries hope you get something through soon. It can be tough to get through to someone - I've just been really persistent and keep ringing but you can just leave them a message and they're pretty good about ringing you back. Let us know how you get on, k?

Melba - I've missed your exciting news!! :thumbsup: I was away for a few weeks. I hope everything is still okay and you are enjoying your amazing holiday!! :sticky:
Michelle x

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 10th 2012, 10:19pm

:hello: Jaybee and Michelle. i cant honestly remembert timings as i was funded. its interesting to hear this information as i will be self-funded from now on.

Melba - how are you doing? when are home from your holidays?

Kaz23

Reg: Mar 17th 2010

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Thursday, October 11th 2012, 6:24am

Hi everyone

It's been a long time since I wrote on here but I do pop on now and again to see what is happening. Hope everyone is well. We have taken the first step for FET, got our appointment for November. We only have one little frostie but it only takes one to work so just hoping that it does, otherwise we will go for a fresh cycle. Jaybee - I've been contacting them through email and they are very quick at getting back. Our GP had to send through a referall letter and within a couple of weeks of them getting it they have advised us of our November appointment. Melba - do hope everything all well. Hi to everyone else.

:xxx3:

Me 39 DH 41
TTC 3 years Diagnosis: unexplained
1st IVF July 2010: :BFP:

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.
February 2013 FET: :BFN:
August 2013 IVF : :BFN:
August 2014 IVF: :BFP:
DS born April 2015 @ 39 weeks

Jaybee

Sunday, October 14th 2012, 1:37pm

Thanks for the replies girls. I called on Thursday and they said the referral had been received and passed on and then the appointment came through on Friday so it's only 4 weeks away!
Jo

2 Frosties
FET October 2013???

Sunday, October 14th 2012, 2:04pm

That's great jaybee! Hope the next few weeks fly by for you! Let us know how you get on. :)
Michelle x

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 7:56am

Hi guys well where do I start - back from holiday yesterday should be 10 weeks pregnant now but unfortunately had a missed miscarriage at 7 and a half weeks. I was sick the whole trip on and off so was reasonably confident my boobs were huge my stomach was looking pregnant - had a scan at 6 weeks was told strong heartbeat and now 95percent chance all will be well but a scan 2 days ago revealed no heartbeat and baby stopped growing at 7.5 I had an emergency D&C in Singapore as dr said it was dangerous to fly so last 48hours have been tough. Nothing's ever easy my boobs are still huge and I look pregnant which I now just find embarrassing to be honest. Dr says my uterus continued to grow and was measuring 10weeks which I don't understand at all but I am very lucky to have my DD and she is getting extra hugs at the moment but this is my second missed miscarriage and they are just awful. Going to have a break now for Xmas and am away at the end of Jan so after that trip we might try again. Thanks for all your well wishes guys and best of luck to everyone else x x x When it works it's so worth it so stay strong in ccrap times like these as they get us closer to the next good times!
Beautiful Girl born 2010

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:49am

Melba im so sorry to be readin such sad news :sadface:

glad DD can be of some comfort to you with those :hugs:

take care of yourself

Friday, November 2nd 2012, 8:29pm

Oh Melba I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Thinking of you hon sending you big [zx127] . xx
Michelle x

23 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

23 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE