You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaz23

Reg: Mar 17th 2010

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Monday, April 5th 2010, 11:20am

Hi everyone, just a couple of queries, we've got our appointment at the end of this month for blood tests for Hep, etc, just wondering how long these tests take to come through, i.e. when will we get our next appointment after that? Also, fingers crossed that everything goes ok and when we get to the stage of the egg collection, will I be fairly well sedated? I think I'm just a little nervous as to how I react and would prefer not to know much about whats going on around me!

Looloo so glad you managed to get through the snow! We've got our flight booked the day before our appointment just in case there's fog/plane cancelled etc and we need to go by boat instead. We're lucky as we have firends who stay close by to the hospital that we can stay with. That's a real shame about your hubby's manager, it's a difficult time as it is without having that added annoyance! I'm from a small town too and whilst most folk now know our situation at least it was through our own choice that we told folk and not through someone else. All the best for today starsmile :xxx3:

Me 39 DH 41
TTC 3 years Diagnosis: unexplained
1st IVF July 2010: :BFP:

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.
February 2013 FET: :BFN:
August 2013 IVF : :BFN:
August 2014 IVF: :BFP:
DS born April 2015 @ 39 weeks

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Monday, April 5th 2010, 3:29pm

Hey Kaz

There is a blood test you need to arrange yourself. i think its the CD3 one and you need to make sure they forward it all on to clinic. The rest of the bloods I never actually got my results for as I started tx a week after getting them done so assumed they were all fine.
If its anything like mine the date you sign concent forms etc(not sure if this is same as your bloods) you will get the drugs home with you that day and told to start on CD2/21 depending what they think, Your protocol will be sent in the post with a date for your DR scan and thats you underway

EC is totally sedated. They put in an IV and just give you the sedative through there, I must admit I felt it twice while they were doing it but after moaning and letting them know they must have upped the dose and I was fine. I was terrified too and I dont know why as I have been in theatre for major surgeries on my legs lasting 4 hours and EC is nothing like that but I think with all the emtion involved I burst out crying in middle of theatre and couldnt stop sobbing. All the nurses ere lovely keeping me calm and reassuring me all the time.

You will be fine hun. Iv just noticed have my W's are missing, key must be sticking

Kaz23

Children: 4 year old daughter, her twin brother is our little angel watching over us. DS born April 2015.

Monday, April 5th 2010, 3:57pm

Hi Pamela

Thanks for the info. Yes I've to get a blood test from my own doctor between days 1 and 5 of my cycle which should be this week sometime as long as my cycle is on time as it's been a little haywire recently!

That's good about the sedative. When they were doing investigations last year and I got the HSG they said it would be mild discomfort however I found it really quite sore so a bit apprehensive about all the things I'll be going through next!

Me 39 DH 41

December 2010: Twins born @ 24+2, DS passed away shortly afterwards, DD fought a hard battle and after 4 months in neonatal came home.

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, April 5th 2010, 4:03pm

Yes mild discomfort is never an encouraging thing to hear.

Through the proceedure it did hurt but I only remember it twice then nothing. The pain afterwards IMO as nothing more than a bad period cramp. They give you painkillers when you wake and I found I was so sleepy from the sedative I slept most of the day and didnt feel the pain but it honestly isnt that bad, maybe the others experiences were different but for me was fine.

Its exciting and scary all at once isnt it? So much things to remember and so much hope and emotion put behind it all. You will be fine, just wait and see :D

andrea75

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Monday, April 5th 2010, 4:40pm

hi kaz i echo what pamela says. i too started treatment a week following signing consent forms and the bloods. depends on what day of your cycle you are on. you start treatment on day 21 of your cycle. results usually take about a week to come back so if you are up til day 14 in your cycle im sure you would be able to start asap

My experience of EC is different. 1st time i never honestly felt a thing, and then slept all the way home in the car. afterwards it is like period pains so paracetamol worked ok. 2nd time i really felt it for some reason. they upped the pain relief tho and never felt it then. we have have different pain thressholds tho so dont worry about it too much. when you are there and have pain, just tell them and they will alter the medication

xxx

Kaz23

Monday, April 5th 2010, 4:53pm

Thanks so much guys, it's always good hearing about things from other people who have been through it. The clinic have been really helpfull but unless someone has actually been through it themselves......
:xxx3:

Me 39 DH 41

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 9:50am

heya well EC was ok although being someone with veins that are hard to find stressed me out 3 attempts to get me ready for drugs being put in. It all went well though and it was like slight period pains.
tongue bar out though.now just waiting on the all important call to see how things are going and a ET date.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:59am

now to decide do i have 2 eggs put back or wait and go for a blasto ?? aargh decissions.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Aberdeen

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 8:02pm

Hi everyone!!!!

Been a while since I was last on year and as I said before I found my first cycle of IVF extremely tough!

I found the EC incredibly sore regardless of the sedation and worse still they had ruptured my cervix lining during the EC and it was a blood bath - not forgetting the adverse side effects I had with all the drugs and the crazy thoughts going thru my mind. Then the worse thing I started bleeding 4 days before test date.

I was in a really bad place with it all and it made me really consider giving it up as I didn't think I could put my body through it all again.

The only good thing to happen was that I had 100% fertilisation. 7 grade A blastocysts!. And 3, 2 day enbies that ended up not making it to blastocysts.

Anyway after 3 months and alot of convincing and my arch enemy falling pregnant grrrr I visited the clinic to speak about allmy problems... Bearing in mind am only 26.

They told me about frozen transfer and how less intrusive the cycle was!!!

I moved into my new fabulous home out in the sticks and the. Felt ready to give it another go hoping my new surroundings and country life would all be good contributing factors .... I also took a demotion at work which has certainly eased the stress levels.

I called clinic started a 2nd ivf cycle (frozen) in feb/march.

As of today am officially PUPO with TWINS!!!!

Aberdeen FC I believe don't do multiple transfers on anyone under 29 and they also have a policy they don't transfer 2 blastocysts at any age.

Well... This morning they thawed 1 embie who sadly never made it, they thawed a 2nd which they said was excellent and booked me in for transfer late this avo. Then I got the dreaded call that they are thawing a 3rd embie as the 2nd embie wasn't expanding?

Anyway got to clinic and the
embryologist told me that the 2nd embie started expanding afterthey started thawing 3rd embie so they said in ths instance they would transfer 2 blastocysts but made it quite clear this was against their policy and that it is in very rare circumstances they do this.

So I feel totally blessed and it was my birthday yesterday so treating it as an extra pressie.

Just praying both or one of my enbies survive!!!!

Just been Reading back the posts few newbies on here!!! Hope I haven't put u off but I was painted such a rosy picture of IVF and I wanted to let ppl know it's not all straight forward! Although I have to say frozen went extremely well for me!

Hey moogle, pammy, Melba and any of the others iv forgotten that I spoke to last yet during my first cycle hope your all doing well!!!

In the end 1 was transferred and 6were frozen
TTC Since September 2005, Me & DH both 26; Diagnosis - Unexplained Infertility.
1st round of IVF (fresh) Nov 09 - :BFN:
2nd round of IVF (frozen) April 10 - :BFN:
3rd round of IVF (Frozen) August 10 - :BFN:
4th round of IVF (Fresh) September 11 - xfingers

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, April 6th 2010, 10:17pm

Hey Lainy

Congrats on being PUPO. I had 2 transferred as 24 but only cuz they werent top grade. Im so sorry about your EC I never knew.

Dooey has a 4 month old actually 2 hours younger than TJ from FET so it does work and in aberdeen too. Wish you all the luck with this cycle, Hope the 2ww not driving you too mad and keep is informed with how it all goes.

looloo hope you have managed to decide whether to go for blasts or not, How many eggs did they retreive?

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 7:35am

Thanks Melba. Couple at my husbands work went thru a fresh cye and it failed, then a frozen cycle with the best frozen enbies another fail the. A 3rd
frozen cycle with remaining not so good embie and it worked!!!

So just goes to show that there grading isn't always correct!!!

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 11:13am

they retrieved 7 eggs of which 5 have started developing i think im going for the 2 being put back i was torn between having 2 put back or waiting i know there's a higher chance of a blasto hanging on but i have spoken to a few folk all different ideas. so thinking im going to stick with my 1st idea.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 11:49am

Hey loo loo I wanted to transfer 2 enbies on my first cycle but the nurses persueded me to wait to go to blastocyst due to my age. But I always had niggling feeling that 2 increases chances and was never happy with my single blast transfer.

This time Round it's 2 embie blasto and am feeling more positive and happy cos that's what I wanted all along!!!

I hope u get what u want with ur ET!!!

Reg: Apr 7th 2010

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 3:29pm

Newbie to Aberdeen Fertility Centre

Hi, my husband and I have been ttc for 3 years now and I've never been pregnant. We were referred to Aberdeen fertility Centre in April '09. We've both has tests and I had my laparoscopy last Aug '09 and told at our follow up appointment that we have unexplained infertility.
Came out of the centre both deflated that there wasn't a problem they could fix but at the same time pleased that nothing was wrong....I'm sure many of you have experienced the exact same and having to walk past all those pregnant women stading at the main entrance is just heart rendering when you want to be in that position so badly.
Anyway we were put on the waiting list for IVF in Sept '09 and have just had our 6 month appointment (while being on the waiting list) and told to keep trying until we hear otherwise from the centre.....I've read on other forums from last year that the waiting times were 12-18 months and the doctors have said 18 months max but some woman have said that they tell you the longest time so your not phoning all the time........ I just wandered if anyone is in the same position as me at the moment and knows the current waiting list times in Aberdeen?

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 3:37pm

Hey chic just read ur post and it's like Reading my own words but 3years ago!!

Likewise me and my husband are unexplained fertility!!! Don't say infertility cos ur not infertile!!!!!!!!

Aberdeen is currently 6 months NHS or approx 8 weeks private.

Hope that helps x

Kaz23

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 3:44pm

Hi Cheekylei
I'm relatively new to all this too. My husband and I have been ttc for nearly 3 years, after a year we went to our doctor, he referred us to Aberdeen. We had our first consultation in Feb '09, I had the lap done in April '09 which showed I had blocked tubes, I then had an HSG done in June '09 which showed everything was normal. Apparently tubes can go into spasm during the lap hence why they thought they were blocked. We had a phone consulation in July and it was agreed that we would keep trying to conceive naturally but at the same time they would put us forward for funding from our local NHS for IVF. We got a letter at the end of last year saying that funding had been approved but there was a slight waiting list for the IVF. We got our date through the other week and we've got our inital consultation for blood tests and consent forms on the 29th April so hopefully actual treatment will start in May. So I guess it's really just been a year that we've had to wait from the date I got the lap to the actual date for starting things. I don't know if my age has anything to do with it, I'm 34, not that I feel old but I do feel like my clock is ticking!

Me 39 DH 41

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:14pm

Hi LaineyMoo

Thanks for the info, it's amazing how many couples are going through the same and I love your positivity......your right i'm not infertile its jut taking a while.....really hope the list is 6 months cause we should be hearing something from the clinic very soon!!

Kaz23

34 isn't old....I turned 30 last week and felt it really bad!! I think i'm worrying about being an old mum! I know the feeling of your clock ticking and I think the more you think about a baby the more your clock ticks!!
We got a letter from the clinic saying that we were on the waiting list but i can't remembr reading anything abut the funding having been approved. Is this something you get once you approach the time for treatment?
It's such an exciting time for you...not long now! Lots of baby dust to you xx

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:34pm

Hey

That's quite alright!!! Believe me am not as positive as I could be - who cam after 5 years of ttc and being labelled unexplained fertility then a failed ivf.

I don't think il ever be positive about ivf cos regardless of all the science and technology the last hurdle is down to mother nature!!! But I think the right word for me is "that I am alot more hopeful"

if ur unexplained like me and I presume u have had all the routine tests? Then u should only be 6 months for nhs at Aberdeen. However if u haven't had all routines tests or I have noticed if you have been diagnosed with something that's causing infertility u do seem to have to wait slightly longer - this is only going by what iv noticed on forum boards with ppl who have used Aberdeen and ppl iv met at Aberdeen fc!!

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 9:59pm

Laineymoo

I know where your coming from ...you have days of just thinking to yourself why not me ehh! For years I tried not to get pg then when you want to it just doesn't happen....it's been a long 3 years for us but 5 years....it's amazing in a funny way how you put your life on hold just thinking ohh we could have a little one by this time next year and you just keep telling yourself the same thing yr aft yr!
I shoudn't go over this agaiin in my head as it just gets me down, but my sister-in-law knew we had been trying for 3 years and were seeing docs at FC. Anyway she fell PG with her bf of 1 year in Oct and phoned me at WORK to tell me....that hurt like hell and she couldn't understand why I couldn't speak to her for 2 weeks (I came home and dried buckets and hated feeling jealous). Don't get me wrong we're really happy for her (now!) but I'm dreading the jealous feeing again whn the baby is born in July.
I went to see the councellor at FC and she basically told me that these feelings of wanting to run away from hearing of her pregnancy and others for that matter is your own way of avoiding the pain before it happens and I suppose she's right....I'm waffling on here but it's so nice to finally be able to speak to people who understand how I'm feeling.
My husband has had 3 tests - all normal (with the exception of the first having low mortility), I was told after my internal scan at first appt and lap that if they had to write a book on womb, ovaries they would use mine as they are perfect for growing a baby.....so i am like you and it's just unexplained.
Sorry for the long post......keep up that "hopeful" attitude....I'll have my fingers and.....toes crossed for you xx

Wednesday, April 7th 2010, 10:50pm

What u wrote is exactly how I feel/ felt!!

Friends / Family falling pregnant within months - me having to go round mothercare buying clothes for their new arrival - it's horrific!!!

But thing is chic what hurt me the most out of everything was u read all these books saying age matters etc, docs at clinic were saying my womb was excellent along with eggs my health and husbands sperm -but yet the 42 year old ex junkie in my ivf group fell pregnant first cycle and is now coming up to 6 months pregnant and me the healthy 26 year old with 10 grade a excellent blastocysts the ivf fails!

For me this was the biggest kick in teeth out of everything over the past 5 years

Just out of interest are u ok once ur friends / family give birth?

For me am just upset and jelous when I find out their pregnant and seeing their blossoming bumps, bit once their baby is here it's like I realise am not jelous and know that it's their baby not mine?

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 10:38am

Hey Laineymoo

How are you feeling today sweetheart?

That's exactly how I feel .....I'm jealous when someone announces their pregnancy and I'm obsessed with looking at bumbs but when the baby is born it doesn't bother me the same......my neghbour fell pg with twins (NATURALLY!!) and I was so jealous and coudln't face her that I used to check that they wern't out int he drive before I'd leave the house in the morning!! Now the twins are here I've been through to see them and to be honest it's not bothered me one bit as she's hardly been out of the house... she also has a 3 year old and obvously finding it hard to juggle looking after all 3.

That would be a big kick in the teeth sweetie.....a 42 yr old junkie....typical. Don't get me started!! I already resent the fact we're working to pay for their habit and a roof over their heads.........they don't think about their bodies and how it'sll effect them in later life trying to conceive when they are injecting themselves. Why should we have to wait on lists and you go through the pain of a neg IVF treatment for it to work first time for someone like that......life's just not fair. I have a friend who's waiting to adopt and it's junkies babies who need a loving home.....AAAARRRGGGGHH it's annoying that theses people even get the opportunity.

I emailed the admin person at the FC this morning in the hope of maybe being told that we're nearly there but she just doesn't give anything away - nothing positive anyway. Just told that they will contact me when we reach the top of the list.......arrrggghhh I hate the waiting game.
We've had the letter to confirm that we went on the list on 14th Sept but when did you get your confirmation that you were approved for funding....it that once you start treatment? Surely we wouldn't be on the list if we wern't going to be accepted for funding?

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 11:27am

Hey chic

am alright just counting down days til test date!

Right well for me my GP applied for my NHS funding at the sametime he refferred me to clinic. I had few tests at clinic then a week later after my last consultation at fc where I was getting results a week later from this I received a letter sayin I was on NHS waiting list 3years.

But my records got lost!!!! It's a long story but yeah it would have only been 6 months for me if they ha not lost my records

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 11:28am

Ps everythig u wrote is exactly how I have felt/ feel and still do!!!

Kaz23

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 3:16pm

Just been reading your posts and agree with everything you say. I'm so glad I found this website, don't feel so alone now! I wouldn't wish this on anyone but finding other people in the same situation eases the pain a little especially as you can understand how everyone is feeling! My hubby is brilliant but maybe not very good at speaking about things though! Most of the time I feel really positive however some days it's all a bit too much and I find it very upsetting. Especially those days when I find out another person is pregnant. There seem to be some weeks when I find out about another handfull of friends/acquaintances who are pregnant and who hadn't been trying all that long and I end up in tears! I feel like the little kid stomping her feet and shouting 'it isn't fair'!

Anyway, I was looking back at the letter we got, in July we had the phone appointment with Prof Bhattacharya when we all agreed that we would keep ttc naturally and in the meantime he would put us forward for IVF, then in August we got letter with some info about IVF, September we got confirmation from Aberdeen that our local NHS would fund us and things would be started in April. We got our letter with the actual date then at the start of April sayuing our appointment would be the 29th.

We got married 3 years ago and I had it all planned out in my head that by now we would have 2 or 3 kids! I think one of the things that annoys me is that in a lot of articles I read they also go on about us being most fertile when we're early/mid 20s and shouldn't leave having kids too late. Well it just doesn't work like that for everyone, I only met my husband 6 years ago.

Sorry for the ranting, hard to stop sometimes lol!

I'm a bit of a woose when it comes to injections, basically I'm ok at the nurse/doc as long as I don't look at what they're doing. My husband has 'offered' to do them for me since we live on a farm and he's used to giving the animals injections, hmmm I declined his offer lol! Just wondreing how other people got on with them?

Me 39 DH 41

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 4:17pm

Hey kaz
likewise with ur post above it's very similar to how I feel

Iv been married a year past Sunday! But we got married because we were getting knowhere with ttc and needed something to take our minds off it! If anything I think it's made us worse!!! I feel now we are marries it's even more pressure to get pregnant!!! And worse still people ask u when your having kids!!! Least u don't get that when ur just courting!!!

Also AGE means f@%k all!!!! Me and my hubby have been ttc since 21 we are now 26 and there's nothing wrong with either of us and we've already had 1 failed ivf cycle. Regardless of science and technology the last hurdle is down to mother nature!

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 5:05pm

went with the 2 emb transfer so fingers crossed lil ones stick!
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 5:28pm

That's ace loo loo was it 2/3day embie?

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 5:39pm

yeah it was :D
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Thursday, April 8th 2010, 6:14pm

Awww that's ace!!

Just noticed our testdate is 2 days apart!

Mines is 21st!!!

Friday, April 9th 2010, 7:10pm

I think the time is going to fly in have my fingers crossed for us both x
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 3:38pm

Total opposite!!! This week has draaaaaggggeeed

and worse still had twinges in my back - a common period sign for me

Reg: Mar 13th 2010

Children: girl 15, boy 11

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 6:44pm

Hi girls

Wtg loo n lainey on being pupo......praying they stick for ya!

Welcome cheeky to the thread, youve came to the right place for info and support

1st ICSI JAN 2011 :BFP: - 7 wk scan empty sac. Methotrexate for ectopic
2nd ICSI JULY 2011 :BFP: [zx076] seen at 7 weeks

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, April 10th 2010, 9:28pm

Hey all

Lainey just wanted to say I got the cramps same stage as you and every other normal side effect AF as on her way, I got the cramps til I was 10 weeks pregnant so dont worry about that, Its far too early for AF anyways so keep up the PMA

Looloo congratas on being PUPO, Hope 2ww goes quickly for you too.

Welcome to the newbie(really sorry I cant remember your name :O ) Everything you have said was me 3 years ago too. Its heart wrenching. I had both my sisters and 3 best friends pregnant all at the same time and due within 3 months of each other, Couldnt go anywhere without them talking about it, complaining etc so everything your feelng is normal and in actual fact Im feeling again already. Hope you get to start really soon

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 8:35pm

Hi pammy thanks for the assurance. The clinic told me with a frozen cycle I won't bleed anyway so basically it is a case just waiting for test date. Today my muscle cramps weren't that bad but I had some dizzy spells again and a few back twinges - back twinges were a sign af!

I just hate how am analysing everything!!! Am sure am turning myself into a hyprocondriate!!! Am sure this week il be fine with work to keep my mind off it all!

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 10:05pm

Lainey just for some more reassurance I was dizzy too I even phoned NHS direct cuz I couldnt drive thought it may have been the crinone but thinking back probably wasn't. 10 days to go, Are you going to be naughty and test early? Or you going to manage the full 15 days?
Iv got my xfingers for you whenever you test so long as it isn't too early. I tested on day 10 and hd 5 agonising days before I could confirm. I honestly wish I had waited.

babydust to all you other girls

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 10:21pm

I am trying to be sooooo good and not test early!!!

But am clueless I don't have any indication I am pregnant but I have the same old AF symptoms flying around!

Il see how I get on near end of this week... May do a Sunday morning test that would be 3 days early? As it's wed21st my official test date (15days after transfer)

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Sunday, April 11th 2010, 10:38pm

Wow I have missed so much

Lainey and Looloo: :weehee: You're PUPO!!!
How's the 2WW going for you both? Lainey, I didn't have any real symptoms until I was about 6 weeks along. The only wee hint I had before testing was that for the couple of days before AF was due I just felt less crabbit than usual! I'll have everything crossed ladies xx

Welcome Cheekylei and good luck on your journey.

Pammy, how's you and gorgeous wee TJ?

Hope everyone else is good. I still got no computer at home so am grabbing a quick shot of DH's laptop before he heads back down to Glasgow for the week. Going to have a catch up now and see what else I've missed!

Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Monday, April 12th 2010, 9:20am

ok it's hit me i'm starting to struggle on a mission to take my mind off thinking am i or am i not!
my hands are so bruised from the veniflow they tried to put in for ec will have to think up a reason why they are bruised as im keeping my journey a secret from work.
Lainey i know what you mean looking for signs, the only thing different for me is sore boobs!
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Kaz23

Monday, April 12th 2010, 3:52pm

I've been going to accupuncture, reflexology and shiatsu since November, just to get myself ready for starting IVF etc. I've found all of them very relaxing, just getting some time to myself without the phone going etc is nice! Has anyone else tried any of these? I'm just wondering if I should carry on with them, I reckon on the one hand even if they're helpng me to feel less stressed must be a good thing, just wondering what everyone elses experiences have been?

starsmile

Me 39 DH 41

Monday, April 12th 2010, 5:02pm

I went to a woman who specialises in ivf accupuncture - I went once a week for 6 months prior to treatment then during treatment.

I also never drank for 6 months before, cut out all micro meals, plant eating fish, etc etc

none of it made any difference for me!!! Dindnt get a positive result!

My view now is the last hurdle is down to mother nature and nothing else!

Plus am out of pocket by about 1100 quid for acupuncture!!! Would of been money better spent on something else!!

I did listen to the ivf relaxation CDs - worth the 99p from eBay!

Kaz23

Monday, April 12th 2010, 5:13pm

Ah, the 99p is defo much cheaper! it is starting to add up all those treatments! Will have a look on Ebay. Cheers.

Me 39 DH 41

Monday, April 12th 2010, 6:07pm

Lol it sure is also the fertility yoga DVD I found was really relaxing!!

The only thin acupuncture did to me was I suffer from low blood pressure and it defo improved it

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Monday, April 12th 2010, 7:28pm

I am BACK

Hi Ladies I am back after looong time! I was here before last year me and my hubby went to clinic....we were told only IVF for us...as we already have one son (8 y.o.) we weren't eligible for free treatment...NOW we GOT the money so...I have to call the clinic and make arrangements!! Excited but scared like h... :( Oh dear.... Now, I will be here way more often!!! take care and CU soon at the forum!
Al.

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 7:51am

Welcome back and best of lucck with your treatment

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 8:14pm

Hey girls

Moogle I seen the pics you posted on bebo. My god he is a proper wee cutie, Bless

Lainey and looloo hows the 2ww going? I still have the marks in my hand yet from the IV they really shove it in dont they? Lainey have you been good? :snigger: Tell me to shut up cuz I cant talk about being good, I think I tested earlier than anyone I know :rolleyes: But like I said I wish I had waited. The 2nd week is such a struggle isnt it. Good luck and PMA for both you girls

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 9:29pm

Hey pammy 8 days to go!!! Well Aberdeen fc make u test 15 days later grrrr

I am starting to get impatient lol! Was googling how early other peeps tested haha!!

Iv decided that am going to test on Sunday/Monday MOrning I think.

But am feeling really positive lots of funny feelings and side effects where as with my first ivf cycle I had no side effects during 2Ww only a sore back the morni b4 I started bleeding which is common sign for me of AF

This time round iv had a dull lower back pain since Thursday, nausea and peeing alot and thirst oh my god I am sooo thirsty all time.

Just preying my intuition is right!

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, April 13th 2010, 9:34pm

Lainey thats great you so positive.

I was the same, I would have been more surprised if I got a BFN as for some strange reason I just knew it was working.

I tested 7 days early on day 8 and got the faintest line you ever seen, I had to take the plastic stuff off to see it. The clear blue didgital was positive on day 12 if I remember right. It is so hard you just want to know one way or another.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 7:51am

Well said pammy! That's how I feel secretly like I'd be surprised if it was negative - but I also don't want to get my hopes up and set myself up for disappointment.

This is day 8 for me think il teat Sunday onday 12

Reg: Apr 26th 2009

Children: son 11 ICSI daugther 18 months

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 1:19pm

arrgh

Just found out that 5 girls among my closest friends will have babies...I have one son but he is 8 already and I feel sooo jealous and sad..how bad of me!:( I am waiting for fund confirmation to call the clinic. Can anyone tell me how long does it take to start procedures if ur self-fund?? Pammy I remember u from last year on forum and some other girls as well, feel a bit more like "home"!!:) :D Nice that ur still here to advise/help/etc all of us at the beginning of this path...
Al.

Wednesday, April 14th 2010, 2:11pm

It's really hard finding out friends are prenant - worse still family members.

Stay positive tho regardless that ur going through IVF as you have carried a child before some of us ladies haven't. I would like to hope that your body perhaps will react better to ivf than us who hve never carried a child before.

I think once ur funding and payment is sorted it would be a case of just waiting a few weeks til the hospital approach you and inform you to call them whenyour period starts. Presuming you have under went all the tests they require you to go thru prior to ivf?

30 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

30 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE