You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

macadoo

Reg: Sep 22nd 2009

Children: DD 7years

Friday, November 6th 2009, 5:31pm

im back on monday i cant wait I hope the weather will get better over the weekend then we can get out and do something might put nic in the car tomorrow and go shopping for a test cos this is doing my head in

Lainy how are you I forgot you were getting EC today hope you aint to sore and you got loads of eggs..

You not had any movement yet Pammy sorry to keep asking it drives you mad after a while dosent it? :snigger: :snigger:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "macadoo" (Nov 6th 2009, 5:32pm)

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Friday, November 6th 2009, 5:58pm

:snigger: No its not bothering me yet but have been told by everyone to expect getting phone calls and 100' of texts a day once I go over date.
No signs yet, MW yesterday showed shead still not engaged and told me to go have some hot sex :O (she looks about 65) Well I dont know about hot but had the sex and all for nothing :snigger:

macadoo

Friday, November 6th 2009, 6:37pm

not even for the enjoyment factor at that stage :snigger: :snigger: oh poor you but like i said Nics head didnt engage till i went into labour 1 day after my date so i didnt have to wait too long and hope you dont have to wait too long either:xxx3:

Reg: May 13th 2009

Friday, November 6th 2009, 6:59pm

Hi girls?

Esha hopefully soon the sickness will stop and you'll feel better and will recover your weight.

Melba CONGRATULATIONS! It's great to read such good news!!
I'm so glad for you.

Lainey how did you get on?

I'm back from Aberdeen (shattered as I travel from John O'groats check it on the map) and without good news...
The follies are growing only on one side and I will have to continue to inject because they are not big enough yet... Back to Abdn on Monday which means I'll be on the road on Sunday.
In the other side nothing :sadface: they didn't grow, basically only one side is stimmulating ?(

To all of you, have a nice week end!
May good luck be with you :)

macadoo

Friday, November 6th 2009, 8:57pm

Buffalita I often thought about folks from caithness going through IVF in Aberdeen I moaned non stop about the travelling but when we got back to inverness I often said to myself imagine having to drive all the way up to caithness so i feel for you :sadface:
but it will all be worth it in the end.... :P

Did they not up your drugs they doubled mine and away I went :snigger:

dont be down about just one side being stimulated a nurse there asked if we wanted to abandon this cycle cos my follies wernt growing and we got 6 eggs and 5 fertilised all of good quality so just as well we went on and I only have on ovary so chin up you will get there in the end :D

Ill wave at every car going past on sunday and you will say that must b macadoo the mad woman trying to pass the 2WW :snigger: :snigger:

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Friday, November 6th 2009, 9:13pm

hey :D

buffalita - im in wick and its a horrendous drive, especially at this time of year. i hate driving in the dark and in rain. it will be worth it tho, im sure things will have progressed loads on monday xfingers

macadoo - only 7days left. hope you hang on to OTD but i wouldnt blame you if you tested early

melba - cant mind if i said CONGRATULATIONS but there it is :weehee:

pammy - hope baby moves down quickly and comes soon

jane - hows you?

dooey - not long now either. i seem to forget you and pammy are very close together.

lainey - hope you got on well today. waiting to hear some news

hows everyone i missed? im doing ok, follow-up on wednesday so maybe there will be new plans. decided im going to advise DB to calm down with his drinkin before hand. not that he drinks much at all, just wen hes home he has a few bottles at night (beer, not spirits)

gettin abit fed up with one of my friends going on about how i should start my next cycle ASAP. i know shes thinkin of me, but she has no idea how much the drugs etc, screw you up. ive tried tellin her, and theres no way im doing it just coz she says so :cross:

weekend off for me. chinese and xfactor tomorrow. :happy:

xxx

macadoo

Friday, November 6th 2009, 9:24pm

Andrea you start your next cycle when you and nobody else is ready I totally agree with you if this dosent work out for me this time im going to wait till jan or even feb and we are going to have our christmas night out at the portland arms this year some tribute bands there canna wait to hear whos on the night we booked for.... :D

As for olding out for OTD I dont think I can Im thinking about going shopping to get a test tomorrow maybe test on mon morning and that will make me 14DPO

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "macadoo" (Nov 6th 2009, 9:27pm)

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl born 2010

Friday, November 6th 2009, 9:36pm

Hi everyone x

Mac I totally know how you feel but I was sure AF was on the way, had bad stomach cramps, the whole works. Keep up the PMA and well done for not testing yet (day 11 was my undoing!) Keep busy babe will be thinking of you this weekend!

Lainey - EC today hope you are resting up and got lots of eggies x

Buffalita - Try not to be dissapointed though the drive from John O Groats is bloody far but it will be worth it - Excuse the cheese but remember you only need one hun x

PAMMY - Get that little one outta there :snigger: Im dying to see some pics - just back from visiting our friends who have a 3 week old girl and she is so cute x

Andrea how are you getting on? Good luck for Weds babe - Chinese and XFactor sounds like bliss to me - Im staying in tomorrow to catch up on washing and cleaning! YEP that exciting!

Hi to everyone else - ESHA are you feeling any better? Hope the MS has calmed down x

Stay cool everyone and have a great weekend 88)
1st IVF Oct 2009 happydance :BFP: [zx050]
Beautiful Girl born 2010
2nd IVF FET Mar 2012 - chemical pregnancy :girl_sad:

3rd IVF 1 Blasto transferred 10 Sept 2012 (beer2)

Reg: Sep 13th 2009

Children: Aberdeen

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 10:12am

Not long home

right well we arrived at 8am and by that time I was very worked up when they went thru the procedure and pain I would experience.

By time I got into theatre I was shaking. They gave me penicilin and morphine which worked straight away, I felt like how u get when ur drunk and away to fall asleep.

I was awake whole time but felt out of it and as if I was not there lol.

Am not going to lie ..... I found it excruciatingly painful but a pain forgotton well sort of lol!

I got rushed back into theatre as I started bleeding heavily afterwards and they had to find out where I was bleeding from and stop it. Once out I was fast asleep for an hour!

To me it felt we were in and out of theatre in 5 minutes but I was actually just over an hour due to bleeding!

I had 23 follies, 12 at right size but only 10 follies had eggs!!!

Still brilliant tho!!

Husband managed to do his sample thanks to his iPhone and very lucky hospital has 3g lol lol as there was no mags or tv in room.

They called 10 minutes ago, said I was thefirst patient in months who has all their egg fertilised!!!!!

I am ecstatic!!!

I wasn't too keen on going to blastocyst but the embryologist said they are developing extremely well and none appear to be slow coaches!!! They booked me in for 11.30 on mon for et due to my doubts on blastocyst but they said they will grade them first thing on mon and if excellent will recommend blasto
TTC Since September 2005, Me & DH both 26; Diagnosis - Unexplained Infertility.
1st round of IVF (fresh) Nov 09 - :BFN:
2nd round of IVF (frozen) April 10 - :BFN:
3rd round of IVF (Frozen) August 10 - :BFN:
4th round of IVF (Fresh) September 11 - xfingers

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:10am

woohoo thats great 10 eggs 10 embies fantastic :D

I was a little sore too during proceedure but your right its a pain quickly forgotton once they tell you how many eggs they get.

I laughed at the bit about your DH and his phone, thats actually a good idea, never thought of that :snigger:

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:27am

Hey Lainey,

10 eggs is fantastic - twice as many as me. If they're looking good 10 going to blasto would be amazing! Did they say what the bleeding had been? Sounds a bit scary!

DH story made me giggle, I think there was magazines in room for my DH but he said after all the "abstaining" he didn't think it would take long! I was still out of it on the drugs and didn't notice how long he was... :P

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:39am

LAINEYYYY!!!! Well done and 100% fertilization that is amazing news x WELL DONE TO YOU (and of course DH's swimmers - bet he is wrapped!)

We had the blasto scenario too so I went and did all my research (google ha ha!) in the days leading up to making my decision but all I can advise is they allow you to have a really indepth discussion with the embryologist at day 3 anyway if you have enough for blasto so there is a lot of time to ask questions before you make your decision.

They will also give you advice on success rates and implantation etc. Try not to worry too much about it - I strongly believe that whatever decision you make will be the right one for you so do what you are comfortable with. (and with 10 travelling well you might be quite spoilt for choice YAY!!!)

Rest up - I found a hot pack on my tummy really helpful after EC x Hope everyone is spoiling you rotten and rest assured the worst is over ET is a breeze in comparison :happy:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:53am

oh lainey 100% fertilisation is amazing. bet DH was proud of himself :happy: the i-phone story is great too :snigger: i never asked DB about it all, but im sure the abstaining bit helped too

i never got the option about blasto but i would agree with the girls about having a good chat with the embryologist. they know their stuff.

i too found it very sore this time round but soon forgot about it when i came round.

hows Melba - whens your scan now?

oh im soooo excited! found out One Republic are supporting James Morrison in concert next month in Aberdeen. been screamin about like a total fool. cant wait til the 4th now

xxx

macadoo

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:55am

Lainey Lainey Lainey that is fab news 100% fertalisation well done to you both :D

you will soon be on the crazy 2ww Im officially going insane trying to read my body :snigger: :snigger:
think im going to give in and test a wee bit early...

macadoo

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 11:59am

Hay Andrea Im going to the James Morrison concert on the 4th as well I canna wait either started dreaming about him already he was backing takethat and was fab so canna wait :snigger: :snigger: will be cool to see what he can do on his own 88)

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 12:00pm

Thanks everyone for all ur comments I am going to net surf and clue up tonight on blastocyst!!!

He is blaming all the bananas haha he ate 5 of them a day hahahhahahahha

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 12:57pm

mac - he can do whatever he wants hes just sooo gorgeous :snigger:

i missed take that as would have been 7months then so sold my tickets, gutted! :bawl: but only had friday night ones so would have missed him then anyways.
celtchicky33 has attached the following file:

United Kingdom

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 12:57pm

yummy lmao

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 2:33pm

Congrats Lainey!

What a good number and all fertilized PERFECT!
I'm glad all the pain is over and you've received your reward
Good luck for the transfer!

pamelag088

Superstar

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 3:18pm

Can anyone help me with somewhere for DH to stay near the hospital? Even a B&B would do, just to save him travelling back and forth if Im in for a few days?

macadoo

Saturday, November 7th 2009, 4:00pm

Pammy travel lodge is doing £19 a night rooms you have to book online great value

Andrea I think id have gone to Take That at 9 months pmsl pmsl even if my waters broke at Take That imagine the freebies ud get for that :snigger: :snigger:
It was by far the best concert I was ever at Kenny rodgers was good and dolly she was fab but Take That right im going to stop now my blood presure will be through the roof :snigger: :snigger: oh I canna wait till the 4th now

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:08am

Pammy PM me if you still need a place for DH to stay - my friend has a hotel in Aberdeen xx

Andrea Im still waiting to phone the clinic on my official test day which is Tuesday so hopefully they will tell me then when my scan is. I will be so nervous - Im still testing every day until then just making sure lines get darker and stay darker. (I cant help it! :O)
Beautiful Girl born 2010

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:20am

I know Melba I was same, I kept buying the conception indicator ones to see if it went from 1-2 til 2-3 weeks :snigger:
The official hospital test didnt have such a dark line on it as the first response/tesco cheapies Id been using everyday which panicked me but probably not as sensitive.

Yes Melba he is just looking for somewhere close if possible, he is scared of driving in aberdeen as he aint done it himself yet, only passed in april and if I get induced chances he will be sent home then phoned if any action he will have to rush to hospital so he worried a little :snigger:

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:23am

btw Iv just re-read my first post and it sounds like Im asking you all to put him up :snigger: I should have said any hotels near hospital :snigger:

macadoo

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 11:28am

well I did a test this morning and no surprise :BFN: thats me 13DPO and I feel like AF is about to come

I think ill go and console myself with some :chocs:

hope everyone else is having a better day than I am...

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 11:37am

Mac :sadface:
I know this prob wont help but its still early. Enjoy the choccies and have a :hugs:

:xxx:

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 11:53am

Macadoo it's not over til the big fat consultant sings! It's still early and rememberist home pregnancy tests dint work correctly due to the ivf drugs!

When r u booked in for ur blood test?

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:00pm

Morning everyone! How's everyones weekends panning out?

Macadoo - early pregnancy signs are the exact same as AF signs just keep thinking positive it's not over yet.

Pammy where is that baby!!!!!!!!

Melba 2 more sleeps before you can phone the clinic! Are u keepin Clear blue in business at the moment????

I am sooo nervous for tomorrow, I woke ip thinking today was Monday!!!

Am so scared about bein on the 2WW and finding out the results

macadoo

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 12:15pm

Thanks everyone I just have a feeling but I will try and have a bit more PMA maybe this cold that I have is making me feel worse I cant even sing my voice is all squeaky X(

I havent been told anything about a blood test ?(

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 1:22pm

Well the dr I got on fri said even if u get a bfn on a home pregnancy test the clinic still call u in for a blood test to confirm as sometimes the ivf drugs conflict home pregnancy tests.

The wife of the guy my dh works with got negative on home pregnancy tests but hospital confirmed that she was pregnant via blood test. They told her that hcg still wasn't strong in her body, they were right a week after her bloods a home pregnancy test confirmed she was pregnant.

Apparantly bloods can tell pregnancy even if their is low hcg, I think
mosthome kits can only measure a pregnancy ig I have 25mg of hcg hormone??? I could be wrong about that measurement so it's worth a google.

Iv decided am not going to test until test date and even then whether news is bad or good I wont believe it until bloods confirm it

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 2:21pm

The clinic never offered me HCG blood tests but you can get them done via your GP although mine wasnt helpful and said they only do them to confirm miscarriages X( But if I had pushed hard enough I would have got them, Best to get them done and then redone 2 days later to make sure your levels are rising.

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:27pm

Macadoo pamela sorry I meant to say the clinic do them if uv not bled after 2 weeks and gettin a negative

sorry for confusion x

AngieBB

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 1st 2009

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:31pm

Egg Donation at Aberdeen??

Hi,

I haven't been on this thread for a while. We had another cycle cancelled due to my not responding to the stimulation drugs, so its the end of the IVF road for us :-( You can imagine how disappointing its been, but one option we do still have is egg donation. We've been reading quite a lot about it at GCRM in Glasgow and CRM in London but haven't seen much info re Aberdeen. If anyone has had any experience of egg donation / egg sharing in Aberdeen we'd love to hear from you.

Despite our disappointment it really is great to see all the good news at Aberdeen - Melba congratulations on the BFP, good luck Lainey with your ET and fingers crossed Macadoo for a BFP. Pammy, I hope your little bundle of joy makes an appearance soon. My SIL is due on Wednesday and I can't wait to be an Aunty again :-)
AngieBB

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:37pm

post missing again

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 3:39pm

Thanks Angie

So sorry you had another abandned cycle hun :sadface: Hope you get some good news soon

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 5:03pm

Hi Angie

Wishing u all the best in the future fir your quest to be a mummy.

I am unsure so dint quote me but Aberdeen don't do egg share only donation?

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 5:43pm

Angie sorry i dont know about egg sharing in aberdeen. wishing you all the best

xxx

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 6:22pm

Thanks Angie I too hope you get some good news soon babe xx

Lainey Im keeping First Response and Clearblue in business I think I hope ive tested enough now (every day for 6 days straight :O)

MAC - DONT GIVE UP HOPE YET - before I tested I did some google research and a LOT of people dont see anything at 13DPO keep the faith babe its not over yet and the AF pains are still here for me xxx thinking of you hun
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 6:24pm

RE: Egg Donation at Aberdeen??

Hi Angie,

They don't do egg sharing.
I assume they do egg donation because on the forms we signed comes the option to donate the eggs.

All the best

AngieBB

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 1st 2009

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 6:51pm

Re: Egg Donation at Aberdeen

Thank you everyone :smile: I guess we will have to investigate Glasgow and London in more detail. Lots of Babydust to us all!!!
AngieBB

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 7:45pm

Have i got my test date ticker done correctly?

Is it 2 week wait from the date they took your eggs out??? as that would be technically ovulation/fertilisation?????

Melba i have done my research....... Posted the below info for anyone else who was puzzled on what to do as well but the below pretty much convinced me that blastocyst (if able to do it) should be done.

:D The greatest benefit of blastocyst transfer is to reduce the risk of multiple pregnancy by transferring fewer embryos of higher quality, especially in young people who are at higher risk of multiple births

:D http://www.advancedfertility.com/blastoc…gnancyrates.htm Statistic Table!!!

:D only about 25-60% of human embryos will progress to the blastocyst stage after 5 days of culture, the rest did not progress to blastocyst and would never have deleloped within the uterus

:D 2 to 3-day-old embryos are normally found in the fallopian tubes, not in the uterus. But on a 2-3 day transfer they are transferred into the uterus where they shouldnt be at this point in their development

:D embryo implantation process begins about 3 days later - after blastocyst, blastocyst happens in the uterus ready for implantation

:D blastocyst embryo transfer can be done on day 5 - at a more "natural" time for the embryos to be in the uterus, and very shortly before actual invasion and embryo implantation. The uterine lining at day 5 blastocyst transfer should be ideal and receptive to the arriving embryo - this is the same timing as occurs in a "natural" pregnancy situation.

:D On day two or three of culture we do not have reliable methods to determine which embryos will be viable long-term, and which ones will arrest their development within a day or 2. By culturing embryos out to the blastocyst stage we will find that some of them have not become blastocysts - allowing us an opportunity to choose the most competent embryos for transfer. We can then transfer fewer embryos and still obtain high pregnancy success rates - with little or no risk for high order

Decision made! Hopefully il get the phonecall before 9.30am tomorrow to tell me i am able to go to blastocyst and Embryo Transfer will be done on Wednesday.

xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 8:02pm

To Cheer everyone up ....

Sorry about the size of the pics, but here is some pics of my little Shih-tzu Molly

Isn't she sooo cute!!! i could just eat her all up !!! :snigger: :snigger: :snigger: - Well not really but she is just too cool for school! ps dont fall for her cuteness ! she is a little menace!!! always up to mischief and spoilt rotten by her mummy and auntie sharon!!!

She is in trouble right now for drinking out of mummys foot spa!!!

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 8:13pm

awwww :snigger:

I have 2 lhaso's and know how cheeky they can be :snigger:

Glad you've decided to go for blasto, I never got choice but think you do have better chance with them.

Im sure there will be no problem with call tomorrow. Aberdeen make your official test date 15 days from ET!!!! which is really cruel with blasts, but wont accept a positive/negative til this date

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 8th 2009, 8:19pm

Lainey im sure you feel better now for making a decision on blasts. i like pammy never got the choice. im sure the phonecall will be a breeze tomorrow. im lovin wee Molly. shes gorgeous.

x

macadoo

Monday, November 9th 2009, 8:26am

Morning Ladies

Devistated this morning Af arrived so I guess that's it then not much to say other than how can you move over from this its such a horrible thing....

United Kingdom

Monday, November 9th 2009, 8:45am

mac im so sorry. mines arrived 5days before OTD. its just devestating. i never imagined that that would happen. have you phoned the clinic?

:hugs:

Monday, November 9th 2009, 10:16am

Awwww chic I am so sorry.

I think the same as you it must be a horrible feeling to think of all the pain ups and downs over the past 6/7 weeks. I can only sympathise with the af part as we have all been there when the witch arrives with the devestating news.

Monday, November 9th 2009, 10:18am

Hi girls clinic called an hour ago, all 10 embryos are developing and they can't tell at this point Which are weak etc so it's defiently blasto for us.

Booked in at 11am on Wednesday for ET.

Scared, excited, nervous and anxious

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Monday, November 9th 2009, 11:05am

Aw Mac I am so sorry, hope you and your DH are able to support each other. lurve :hugs: to you both.

Lainey that's great news, congrats on going to blasto. Let us know how you get on on Wed.

AFM, nothing new to report. Got my 28 week appointment 2mrw. Does that mean I'm now in 3rd Tri?? Oh, and ordered my pram on Fri - sad that something so trivial can make me so happy!

Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Monday, November 9th 2009, 1:41pm

oooh how exciting Clarabelle - what pram did you go for???

How sad am I !!!

Went to hobbycraft yesterday hoping to purchase something like painting by numbers etc to keep myself pre occupied during the next 2 weeks....

However ended up leaving with a "Teach yourself to knit" book!!! - ITS FAB!!!!

I knitted my dog a scarf ha ha

Now am onto bigger and better things - a patch work planket for my doggy!!

22 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

22 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE