You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Saturday, June 27th 2009, 11:05pm

Good luck for tomorrow Angie, I hope you have some good news for us

Claire H

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: None so far

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 1:47pm

Hi there fellow Aberdeen ladies,

I am brand new to the site, and this is my 1st post!!! So bear with me if it looks odd!! I am still getting to grips with all the acronyms etc.

I live in Aberdeen (thankfully, I feel for those of you who have to travel). I am on my 1st ICSI cycle, started down reg in May, on day 2 rather than 21. Had to do one extra week on buserelin, for DR, so that was frustrating. Went onto stimmulation with the menupure, 150, after 1 week of that (and feeling crap) I had nothing!!!! big shock. So they increased my amount to 300, 2 wednesdays ago, had scan last sunday, better, final scan was last wed, thumbs up for EC/ER on friday, 26th June. ER went ok, even though I DH says I swore alot! Got 7 eggs from 10 follicules, only 2 mature!!!! eeeek. Thankfully, 2 matured enough for ICSI, and Donald the embryologist, called yesterday to say we have 2 embryos :smile: :smile:
So scheduled for 2pm ET tomorrow - somewhat nervous! Hoping both embryos have divided and are ok!

So there we go.

We have been TTC for 2 1/2 yrs, I am 35 and all ok (apparently), DH is 39 with poor shaped ones!

Its lovely to know some of you have been successful.

Thank you for sharing.

Claire
Claire H

1st ICSI cycle, started mid May 09

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 3:13pm

:hi: claire and welcome to the Aberdeen section

sorry you've had such a rollercoaster of a journey, but good luck for tomorrow.

:xxx:

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 3:42pm

Welcome Claire and best of luck for your ET tomorrow, 2 embryos is perfect will you have both transferred?

Andrea best of luck for your follow up tomorrow, Il be thinking of you and let us know how it goes.

Clara glad your scan went well, Its amazing to see all is well

Angie hope all ernt well today.

Moogle how are you doing?

AngieBB

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 1st 2009

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:32pm

Hi,

Not good news I'm afraid. Scan didn't go well so cycle cancelled. Have 2x 8mm follies and 1x 16mm follie on one ovary and nothing on the other ;( They have spoken about doing an IUI this week so we don't feel it has all been in vain but we're so down just now we're not sure what to think or do.

It is great though to read of everyone else's successes at Aberdeen - gives me hope for the future.
AngieBB

pamelag088

Superstar

Sunday, June 28th 2009, 7:45pm

Im sorry Angie

Shame the couldnt let you continue on a higher dose to see how you get on.
Im glad to hear they discussing more treatment for you and hope you get to start soon.

Keep in touch hun

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Monday, June 29th 2009, 1:31pm

Hi ladies, hope you're all well and a big welcome to the new Aberdeen girls!

Angie, I'm sorry to hear what happened with your cycle. Let us know how you get on.

Pamela, how was your 20 week scan? It must've been amazing to see how much your wee toots has grown! Have fun at the sexing scan next week - are you going to Broomhill?

Andrea, hope you got on okay at your appointments. How are you getting on? Glad to see you're getting away for a wee holiday soon :D

I'm just quietly going crazy waiting for our next scan, which is on Wednesday morning.

Masha, Esha, Clarabelle, Jane: how are you all getting on?

Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

United Kingdom

Monday, June 29th 2009, 7:40pm

hi

my lovely phonecall with Consultant last all of 6minutes :8o: she asked how i was doing and then went on to explain that i had a really good cycle last time, and that obviously the outcome wasnt want anyone wanted :sadface: she explained how the only thing they would change next time would be only transferring one embryo, which we are happy with. couldnt go through the extra worry with twins. she then went on to say that since i have already have had one period, i could start again on my next one :8o: we are quite suprised at that as thought they usually like 3 periods before a new cycle ?( now im all confused as what to do. we had sort of thought of starting DR beginning of October but now im thinkin sooner. does that make me selfish and heartless???

xxx

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Monday, June 29th 2009, 8:01pm

hi all

hope everyone is doing well .

hope all you lovelt pregnant ladies are relaxing and enjoying being pregnant :happy:

Andrea i dont think you are being selfish at all , only you know when you are both ready to go again hun :smile: My follow up was pretty rubbish too the lady i ahd didnt give us much answers at all thinking of calling to try get get app with one of the cons , as next time will be our last funded cycle :sadface: i hop you are doing well hun sending you love.

hope all you lovely ladies are enjoying the great weather love to all
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN
IVF 2 MAY 09 BFN BLEEDING 6 DAYS BEFORE TEST DAY
WE ARE HAVING A BREAK FROM IVF FOR NOW

pamelag088

Superstar

Monday, June 29th 2009, 9:42pm

I dont think yor selfish at all Andrea I think if your ready then thats all you need, Sorry your follow up was crappy and hope you make a decision on when to start again.

Moogle cant believe you are 12 weeks already, Yes I am going to broomhill for sexing, Although Im pretty sure its a boy, will be very shocked if its a girl but cant wait to find out so I can go shopping for blue or pink and get organised.
Good luck for your scan on Wed hun I hope it all goes well

How exciting Nat and Andrea got your hols booked Im soooo jealous :snigger:

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 9:09am

mornin :D

its just things in a bit of a mess as we had it all worked out, or so we thought! dont know why we were told we could start again after next period as i thought we would be told wait until you had 3 periods. dont know what to do now. ?(

natz - does the FET cycle get counted in your free goes? im sure your next cycle will be a successful one xfingers

pammy - bet you cant wait to spend? there is so much selection around. i fell in love with mothercare, but didnt actually buy anything as was wating on DP comin home. i bought alot of basics from tescos tho and they are in the loft at the moment.

Masha, Esha, Clarabelle, Jane, Moogle and Angie, how are you all getting on?

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 9:14am

Hi lasses,

I know it's so complicated Andrea isn't it - nothing in the process has just one answer there's always decisions to be made! I know I would want to go for it straight away if I could but totally understand having made plans in your head. Is it FET you're having, if so is it with a natural cycle? That might explain why you can go again so quickly, less drugs??

Things are fine with me. More spotting this morning but no longer panic and think that it's all going wrong immediately. If it gets worse then I will!! Just hoping it's the 2nd sac disappearing.

Only a week to go until 9 week scan and DH being with me. Think he might get quite emotional.

Hope everyone else is doing good on another bright morning.
Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Reg: Jan 4th 2010

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 10:22am

Hay Ladies

How are we all :)

Andrea - Glad you got your appointment over with. Which DR was it you spoke with? I dont think there is anything wrong with you going again if you feel ready for it hun. I know its prob what I would do. But dont let them rush you into it if your not ready either. You have to do what is best for you.

Is it a FET you are going with this time? Do you have and snow babies or do you have to do the whole IVF thing again? We might be about the same time. I will be doing a natural FET with ET around mid September I think.

Hay Nat - sorry your consult was not great hun. I would def recommend making an appointment with a consultant. My Follow up this time round was fantastic. He answered all my questions and was on the phone for about 40 mins. And they really know what they are talking about. Are you going to go again? Hope your doing grand. You holidaying it over the summer. I must admit I have been naughty and spent a small fortune on new bikinis for mine :)

Clara - how exciting getting a nine week scan soon :) It must be so lovely for you. I hope your keeping well honey :)

Pammy :) Will be thinking about you and your sexing scan :) I would so want to find out to - so I could buy all the right colours lol.

Moogle - how ya feeling? Nearly 12 weeks :) how amazing - when is your next scan.

Claire - Welcome and hope your ET went as smoothly as possilbe - PUPO :) WHoop whoop.

Angie - so sorry your treatment got cancelled dear, did you say they would go ahead with an IUI instead. Good luck with that :)

Well my lovely boyfriend got me the most beautiful little kitten on Friday and she has now turned into my surraget baby. She is just the cutest thing.

Hope you are all enjoying the weather.

Esha

x x x

United Kingdom

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 12:01pm

no i dont have any snow babies :sadface: so it would be a totally new cycle, from scratch. not a bad thing tho as i suppose theres always the risk that they dont survive the thaw. i just dont know what to do. my hearts ruling my head i think. only time will tell. we have been plannin our holiday abroad and DP's just learnt that his work has confirmed his hols. if we start on next period, i think ET would be mid september and im unsure wether its a good idea to travel abroad when being PUPO ?( we could just leave it to when we originally planned and start DR beginning october. oh i dont know X(X(X(

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 1:14pm

Bless Andrea - these decisions are hard arnt they.

Well I surpose its down to what you feel is best really. But at least your HB would be off with you for the 2WW and I dont think the flying is a big deal. If this dosnt work this time round then we will go to SCANhealth in Norway for a fresh ICSI cycle. So would be like an IVF holiday really. And according to them the flying is fine. But always best to check with Aberdeen. I think they told me no flying when stimming incase of OHSS.

A x x

Claire H

Reg: Jun 26th 2009

Children: None so far

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 3:57pm

Hello lovely ladies,

Its so lovely to hear eveyone's progress, and thank you for the PUPO - I had to look up the abbreviation - Pregnant til proven therwise - utterly brilliant, i am now sitting here grinning!

2 embryo's were transfered yesterday afternoon, one 6 cell, one 7 cell - I think this is pretty good going?? Non frozen though (or no snowbabies??). So mega fingers crossed these 2 hang on in there. Off work, feet up, reading, watching a bit of tennis, dvds and tv! Its a hard life. So far so good in the 2WW.

I am still surprised that in aberdeen we do our own pregancy tests at home - is this ok for you guys? did you cheat and test early? or at least get a digital one from the chemist?
2 weeks today we will know.

Alrighty, going to go lie down again, I just wanted to post to let you know all was well. And ET compared to EC was a 'walk in the park'!

LOL, Claire
Claire H

1st ICSI cycle, started mid May 09

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 4:10pm

Hay Claire

Glad you feeling good dear - your embies sound perfect. :)

Yes PUPO is a great saying - I just love it :)

I always found it strange that they did it via home tests to. I think it has something to do with the distance etc though the test result will be the same. :) But you can always book a blood test with your GP or nurse if you want reasurance.

I am afraid I am always naughty and test on day 12..... I just cant help myself.. :)

The digital ones are good as they tell you matter of factly and I like that.

Glad your resting for your 2WW :) Will you go back to work or are you taking the whole lot off?

A x x x

AngieBB

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 1st 2009

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 9:23pm

Hello ladies,

Its great reading how everyone is getting on.

Claire, fantastic news that you are PUPO - I can only imagine how excited you must be :D

Andrea, you've got a tough decision to make, but you'll make the right one for you.

Esha, what a honey of a boyfriend. Have you named your kitten yet? One of my friends has a sign in her bathroom that says 'cats at children in fur coats' - so true :cat: And yes we're going ahead with an IUI on Thursday. We know the chances of it being successful are extremely low but we're going to keep everything crossed 'cause you just never know!
AngieBB

United Kingdom

Monday, July 6th 2009, 9:21am

Angie good luck for thursday when it comes :D

:hello: to all the other girlies, been very quiet on here

xxx

Monday, July 6th 2009, 9:24am

Ye Angie

Good luck for thursday - fingers crossed for you.

Andrea - how are you feeling hun? You made any decisions yet?

Pammy, Dooey, Moogle, Jane & Clara :) How you ladies doing? And your little bumps:)

And everyone else?

Well my AF finally arrived today so I can go ahead and book my blood tests - fingers crossed they are fine and I can go ahead with my natural FET.

A x x x

Reg: Apr 8th 2009

Children: Beautiful daughter born 31/1/10

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 12:42pm

Hi lasses,

I had my extra scan yesterday, just to confirm there's only one baby in there...and there was. Which was quite a relief! It was amazing to see how much the baby had grown in 2 weeks, it had tripled in size and no longer was just a blob - there was actually arms and legs too. Really was amazing and having DH there this time made it even better (he did have a tear in his eye!!).

So have to wait 3 more weeks for 12 week scan and unfortunately DH is offshore again so might see if Mum or sis wants to come instead. Although by my calculations I will be nearer 13 weeks but will probably mean we can see more.

Am really starting to believe that I am Pg! Just can't wait to be able to tell folk. I still don't feel sick, thank goodness! I'm still v v tired and my boobs are still sore. My trousers are starting to feel a little tight (scary!).

Hope everyone else is doing fine.
Cx

1st IVF May 2009 :BFP:
Beautiful girl born on due date 31/1/10.
2nd IVF started Oct 2012 but stopped due to miracle natural :BFP:
No foetal pole seen at 7w or 9w scan - ERPC at 12 wks :bawl:
3rd IVF May 2012 :BFP: perfect [zx076] seen at 7w2

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 12:56pm

Hay Clara

Thats fantastic - the scan must have been a very special moment for you both :) Glad your still feeling good. Just think - in a few short weeks you will be able to safely shout it from the rooftops :)

A x x x

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 1:05pm

:hello:

clara thats great news :D lovely feelin havin DH there too. my boyfriend missed most of the scans with being offshore :sadface: he was delighted at the one he did make it too. i had family fightin to come with me :snigger:

esha how are you? have you had your tests done yet? we have made a decision to go for treatment later in the year, approx october time. will be roughly same time as before but im ok with that

hope everyone else is doin great?

xxx

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 1:10pm

Hay Andrea

I am glad you managed to make a decision. Now you know when you are going then you can start to plan ahead. How are you feeling otherwise?

Well my AF stated on Monday so I have my bloods booked for day 21. Am starting to get excited now. It will be so strange the with no drugs and all happening on one cycle - usually its like 8 weeks of drugs first lol

A x x x

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 8:57pm

well hsg on 21/7 then discussion with fert clinic discuss next move hope iui is option clomiphene made me really depressed 1st 2 wks every cycle.
were offered ivf but turned out it was a mistake as thought it would take 3 yrs ended up being a list only 12 mths still on list but doc wants us to consider other options 1st rather than accept ivf.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, July 10th 2009, 1:11pm

Hey ladies, hope you're all doing well :D

Clarabelle, I'm so happy to hear about your latest scan. It's amazing the difference a couple of weeks makes isn't it? Not too long till the next one either... Our next one is the 20wk scan on 21st August - our 5th wedding anniversary! - but it seems so far away after having scans every 3 weeks so far!

Andrea, how are you doing? That's great you've decided when to start your next cycle.

Looloo, good luck with the HSG. Everyone's different, but I had one in December and found it pretty painless. xfingers that the next step will be the right one for you and you get your BFP very soon.

Claire, congrats on being PUPO! Best of luck for test day :D

Pammy, how did the sexing scan go? Is junior blue or pink? So exciting!

Esha, Jane, Dooey, everyone else - how y'all doing?

Lxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Friday, July 10th 2009, 2:02pm

Hi all,

Looloo - good luck with your HSG, i didnt find mine too painful was just like bad period pain for a few hours afterwards.

Moogle - that really isnt long til your next scan, and a fab day for it (its our 5th anniversary in Aug as well :D)

Andrea - thats great you have your next cycle planned, getting closer to your holiday as well.

Esha - hope your bloods go well and you can have your FET

Hope everyone else is well.

im doing ok, not feeling pg at the moment - just like i have eaten too much ice cream, happy i have made it to the second trimester though

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: 1 beautiful baby girl born 2010

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 1:01pm

Hi Everyone x

Hi Everyone!

Im just about to start IVF treatment in Aberdeen in September (I think!) I have my next appointment next week when we really start the process.

I haven't been to any of the meetings yet, after 3 appointments, I was told to just keep TTC naturally until July and if nothing has happened by then - we will start IVF - so looking forward to it (although pretty nervous too :innocent:)

I have been doing a LOT of reading on the internet as you do but this seems to be the best forum for info and for sharing stories! I live in Aberdeen so luckily dont have the travel nightmares that some of you guys do (u poor things! - 4 hours eek!) and so just wanted to say hi.

My appointment is on Monday which is day 13 of my cycle then Im off on holiday on August 3rd (day 27) for 3 weeks so Im assuming they probably wont let me start until I get back - would that be right? Im pretty clueless about how it all works but am keen to get things moving.

So fingers crossed Im starting in Sept along with some of you guys :happy:
1st IVF Oct 2009 happydance :BFP: [zx050]
Beautiful Girl born 2010
2nd IVF FET Mar 2012 - chemical pregnancy :girl_sad:

3rd IVF 1 Blasto transferred 10 Sept 2012 (beer2)

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 1:56pm

Welcome Melba

I will be doing my cycle in September also :) I was told no flying when I was on stimms so your right you might have to wait until you get back but then its different for everyone I am sure.

They will answer all your questions on Monday :) You must be so excited :)

Good luck hunny. Where are you going on holiday?

How is everyone else doing? Clara, Nat, Pamm etc?

A x x

pamelag088

Superstar

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 6:39pm

Hey all

I havent been on here in ages :O

Welcome Melba, I was clueless too when I first came on here but the girls sorted me out ou will be an expert in no time.

Esha you going again in septemeber? Thats great and not too far away,
Im doing fine just feeling the heat a little, You will see from my sig Im having a wee boy, very chuffed

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:16am

OH Pammy at BOY

Thats just fantastic - you got a private sexing scan didnt you. Oh I am so chuffed for you :) You can start buying all your blue things now lol.

Ye I am going again on my AF at the end of August - going for a natural FET so ET should between 16th-20th September all going well.

Third time lucky :)

A x x x

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:48am

Thanks Pammy Im sure I will too! Sort of cant wait - its exciting as well as really nerve wracking at the moment but I will just try and enjoy the ride :D

WOW you are having a boy HOW EXCITING IS THAT???? Did you have one of those 4d scan things? Ive seen them on TV they look amazing anyway congratulations xx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:54am

Yes I went to broomhill clinic in aberdeen for a private sexing scan since NHS wont tell you up here, little rascal had his legs crossed and couldnt see the sex but I had an NHS scan next day with the same lady who did the private scan so I was lucky and she told me next day.

Melba it is very exciting, I remember being excited and scared all at the same time, There is a lot to take in but a lovely prize at the end of it all.

Do you have a date for you info night? Or are you still being seen at the fertility clinic?

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 7:02pm

Hi Pammy,

I have my appointment at the fertility clinic on Monday and then get everything started - haven't actually done the info night yet but Im assuming I will get a date for it at this next appointment.

Because I had been pregnant before they wanted us to try again naturally for a while. We had some bad male factor results followed by good results so they basically said keep trying and if nothing happened by July we could start IVF straight away and bc we are self funding this try they said we could get it all happening pretty quickly after that. Unfortunately we just got back the third set of male factor results and they have said they have gone back to being bad again X(

We are so ready to start. Do you know how long it usually takes to get an info night sorted? We are off on holiday for the first 3 weeks in August so Im assuming we will probably have to wait until we get back to start treatment. Im also assuming we will need ICSI if male factor is a problem but I heard through a friend that they can tell you that on the day - by looking at the eggs and the sample? Is that right? I really have no clue about all this stuff but will just try and be patient and see what they say.

Sorry Im loading up with questions but I just noticed you were successful first time using ICSI so that is brilliant!

Anyway Im sure you are pretty busy with everything going on so dont worry if you dont have time to respond I will keep you posted anyway xx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 9:57pm

Iv always got time for my aberdeen ladies.

The info night is usually 1 month before you actually start injections for down regulating or DR as we call it on here, You will get a letter in confirming your apt and a whole massive envelope full of sheets that have to be read and signed, You wont miss it its a massive pack.
The info night will have a lot of other couples about to start and they basically go over the whole proceedure with you from start to finish, showing you the meds and needles( I got a needle home to practice on an orange :snigger: )
You also get a tour of the unit and where you will be for EC(egg collection or retrieval as aberdeen call it)

I was funded so had to wait on a list but as you are self funded it should be pretty fast for you although may still take a couple months for everything to come through.

Im sure you are right about the ICSI etc once they have looked at the sample on the day if its a good sample they may go ahead with IVF without the ICSI but Im not 100% on that one.

Do you know the basics of what will happen once you start? Its all very exciting and daunting but pretty soon you will be an expert on it all.

This has been quite a lucky clinic lately with I think 5 of us from aberdeen clinic pregnant at the moment on this site and I believe 3 were 1st time tx's (treatments)

Anything you ever need to know or if you just want a rant or someone to talk to ask away cuz the girls on this site are amazing support, Dont know where I would be without them :D

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 10:49pm

Thanks so much Pammy - seems I might have thought it would be quicker than it actually will be :O

I would assume on Monday they will tell us when the info night is and we can take it all from there. To be honest Im not 100% on the way it all happens like what dates you need to start i.e. when you first start taking the injections and how frequent they are like daily or whatever? Not really sure on the details of what happens before the retrieval but from then on Im aware of how they incubate and then transfer back and you pretty much wait 2 (unbearable) weeks before you know if it has been successful or not. Is that pretty much it? ?(

I think I understand the basics but am not really sure on the injections side of things - I guess they will explain it all. If there are any helpful hints you can pass on please do - Im like a little sponge at the moment :snigger: trying to absorb as much info as possible.

Better run out for some oranges too :snigger:

Thanks again your messages are already really helpful xxxx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 10:59pm

Hi Esha,

I have just realised after speaking to Pammy that I might have thought things would happen a lot quicker than they maybe do :O I am flying in Aug to the US so might have to wait longer than I originally thought! Im probably a little over anxious and keen to get moving :snigger: Im flying into New York then meeting up with my sister who lives on the other side of the world and we are doing a bit of a road trip - should be fun so I cant wait!! Away for 3 weeks so it will be a nice long break 88)

It sounds like I might not get started in Sep it may be a little later but I will keep you posted - will find out on Monday I guess - I haven't had the information evening yet so Im sure that should shed some light!

Gosh good luck to you though - Sep is right around the corner so you must be getting excited about that x

I will fill you guys in when I get back from Monday's appointment and know a bit more about all this.... hopefully x :D
Beautiful Girl born 2010

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:05pm

:hi: melba

welcome to :FZ:

wishin you all the luck for your journey

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "celtchicky33" (Jul 15th 2009, 11:06pm)

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:13pm

:D :D :D

Hi Andrea,

Thanks - Im already glad I joined - everyone on here seems lovely x

Over 3 messages I have already learned more than all my little researching missions on the internet :snigger:

Think I will give up google and just use you guys

:heart:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

United Kingdom

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:24pm

thats a good idea as googling alot, aint a good idea, trust me. these girls on here have been through it and it really helps knowing that they can help with any problems.

aberdeen is definately a great successful clinic. lots of :BFP: lately :D noticed you reckon you will start after your holiday?

xxx

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:36pm

Hay Melba

Wow Newyork!!!! You must be soooooooooo excited. We are away to stay with my mother in the south of France on the 5th August, then down to Portaventura for a few days and then off to Barcalona for a few days and then back to France. So will be a nice brake before treatment :)

Like you I was self funded and I had no wait at all :) Never got to go to an info night - had never even heard of one, the consultant just explained it all to us and a nurse showed us what to do. Our first appointment was on the 22nd December 08 and I started deregulating on the 1st of Jan 09 so it really was just 11 days between so dont count your chickens about not starting soon just yet lol :) As long as you have details of your cycle and the date of your last period. They might make you wait until you get back from holiday though.

how you doing andrea?

A x x x

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:36am

yep will find out this Monday but Im hoping we will either get started in Sep or it seems more likely now probably October by the time we get all the paperwork and everything done.

I plan to have a really good holiday :D with DH and my sis and then worry about it all when I get back.

My other sister has just finished training to be a nurse and has asked if she can give me all my injections she seems excited by getting in some practice :snigger: with the alternative being me giving them to myself... my response was obviously hell yeah!! :happy:

Think you are right about staying off the net too Im hopeless at doing it but am going to try :rolleyes: it only seems to scare you and speaking to people who have been through it in real life makes me think ok its going to be hard... but not that bad - hopefully :smile: :smile: :smile:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:43am

Hey Esha - WOW JUST READ YOUR POST AND NOW AM VERY EXCITED INDEED!!!

I really hope they dont make us wait too long but I do think it will be after my holiday which is fine by me actually as I would like to have some fun and relax before starting everything off :D

Wow your holiday sounds amazing - South of France, Barcelona and Portoventura? Geez you get around :snigger: I think its a great idea before starting treatment too - you will be all relaxed and ready to take on the world 88)

Hopefully so will I and we will have our :BFP: 's in no time!

BRING IT ON!!! high5 (Im getting so addicted to this little smiley things - lovin em' :snigger:)
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 9:47am

Yes its funny how the smiley faces can make you feel better isnt it :) Yep I def think a brake before starting treatment is the way ahead :) Then come home and get to it lol.

Start my reflexology this afternoon so looking forward to that :) And I will stop wearing heals again AFTER my holiday lol.

Do you know I came into the office today and the first thing I said to accounts was. Whoop whoop ladies its friday and they looked at me rather confused!!! Its bloody thursday isnt it!!!!!!

I am so lost with the day :)

A x x x

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 10:38am

lmao Esha

I never realised you didnt have the info night if you were self funded, I just remember Mahsa( a girl who was self funded on here) saying it took a while to get ball rolling when sshe was self funded.
Im sorry if I gave out wrong info there Melba :O
Wow Im so jealous of all you going on hols I was supposed to be going away a week Monday but never got round to booking anything, Guess I could look at last minute deals with suitcase at the ready :snigger:

That great your sister will help with injections Melba, I was worried but they really dnt hurt and after a couple you get used to them, In fact I actually missed them once I stopped(how weird)

Glad your learning from FZ its such a support through such a hard time

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:11pm

Esha!! Classic lmao love it that put a big smile on my face today!

Pammy dont worry at all Im sure the whole timing thing probably relies heavily on how busy they are at that particular time. Either way I will find out Monday :D and am keeping everything crossed xfingers

Pammy - Def try and go for a holiday before the bub comes along I reckon - you are going to be one busy girl after your little boy arrives :D :D

One of the girls from work came in today with her gorgeous baby boy I was coooooing all over the place! He was gorgeous x Im sooooooooooo clucky and just hopeful I will experience it all myself one day!

In the meantime Esha Im hoping I might be on your cycle with any luck :pray: Im hanging out to get started!!

Oh yeah and just found out today I have to go away on business right over my ovulation days this month :what: grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:13pm

PS: Esha whats with the no heels thing?

Dont tell me on top of no caffeine, no alcohol, exercising and eating healthy Im now not supposed to wear heels lol?

Hope the reflexology went well xxx
Beautiful Girl born 2010

pamelag088

Superstar

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:15pm

Typical X(

What is it you do for work?
Hope your apt on Monday gives you a better idea of what will be happening, I loved the clinic and was sad to be discharged, Wish the could have looked after me over all my pregnancy, Im planning poppng up by before I get discharged from having LO to show them what a lovely thing they have done for me and my DH

Thursday, July 16th 2009, 6:27pm

I KNOW!!! I was still holding out some very small hope that we could TTC naturally ourselves first but I dont really see it happening now X(

Nevermind onwards and upwards! I work in an IT role at the moment working on a database with a consultant down in England so have to go down for some meetings and bc Im going on holiday soon there was no other dates I could manage.

Im so glad to hear how much you got out of the clinic - it really does help me knowing you guys have had really good experiences with them.

They are serious miracle workers aren't they Im sure they will love to see you DH and baby boy when the time comes.

:xxx3:
Beautiful Girl born 2010

Friday, July 17th 2009, 9:41am

Hay Ladies :)

Pammy - I am sure most self funded get the info night. Maybe its cos I never attended the Infertility Clinic in Aberdeen, I was in Inverness and lets just say they were over run and not very efficient. They forgot to reffer us after telling us we needed ICSI, When I came in for my laproscopy I was in the hospital for 6 hours, had no food since the day before and had already had my premed when they cancelled it!!! Before rebooking it a few months later. They were just to busy. They eventually reffered me but not until I had chased them for months!!! All he could say was 'you know you wont get any help from the NHS right so I wasnt sure you would want to be reffered!! Bad man. Apparently they do have info nights up in Inverness once a month also but no one told us about it ....

Melba - My reflexology was great thanks - SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO relaxing :)

It was my acuputurist that said no heals, apparently they tilt your pelvis and can restric the blood flow. Joys!!! And I am an avid lover of my heals!!! But needs mush and all that.

Well it was my partners fathers memorial football game last night (he died of cancer about 9 years ago) He was not playing but his brother was and within 10 minutes he had fallen and dislocated his ankle, turns out he broke both the bones to so he is going into surgery this morning. Poor love.

Thats a bugger you being away while you are ovulating :( My partner if off shore and I hate it when that happens.

Well its friday so now we have the weekend to look forward to.

A x x x

24 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

24 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE