You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 3:43pm

hi

had to change my appointment as the DP got called offshore :angry:

totally gutted and been in :tears: since

had a major :row: now and aint even talking

so feel that my life has a bigcloud over me and having a baby

:xxx:

Reg: Apr 14th 2008

Children: 1 on the way Yiphee!

Thursday, August 28th 2008, 11:36am

Hi Celtic,

Try and take it easy I know you are desperate for your appointment but they are good at changing dates.

It is very easy to argue going through this believe me I know the last two times we went to get the eggs back in I have been in tears just with the total stress and pressure, as a young couple we have NEVER had to experiance anything so demanding and stressfull even fallen out over him having a can of larger!!!!

Your appointment will come soon luv try and not worry.

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Friday, August 29th 2008, 4:50pm

hi

ive calmed down now, but was so upset at the time. just that we were so close and his damn work got in the way

appointment is re-booked but have also left a message with clinic asking do they have a cancellation list, so that we could be asked to attend if someone has to cancel.

bit of a long shot but anything is worth asking

xxxxxxxxx

Reg: Aug 30th 2008

Saturday, August 30th 2008, 7:07pm

Hi everyone!Have just joined today.Me and my hubby have just been referred to Raigmore for the initial fertility consultation...can anyone tell me roughly what will happen at the first appointment?
Thanks
Donna
xxxx

Reg: Jul 27th 2008

Children: IVF/ICSI miracle born 06 Jan 2010

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 11:45am

Hi Donna,

Your first consultation will be with either doc Caird or doc Oswagi (may have spelt wrong).

The nurse will prob take your height and weight before you see the con.

They are likely to go over details such as how long you have been TTC, past medical history, weight, smoking and drinking habits etc.

They will also discuss the initial tests you have done by your GP (i imagine bloods and perhaps SA).

Depending on what those tests showed up they will discuss further tests - maybe more bloods and scan / HSG / SA etc.

They will prob schedule you in for another appointment for a time following these tests to determine next steps.

Dont worry too much about this appointment, its quite straightforward and they are very good at answering questions, may be useful to write down what questions you have as can be a bit overwhelming when in con office (i used to forget what i wanted to ask).

They are all really nice and you will be given details of the fertility clinic phone number - an answer phone service where you phone up and leave your details and any questions and usually Jenni (the clinic sister) phones back.

How long ago where you referred? - for me and DH it was about 3.5 months from GP referrel to appointment

Take care

J. xxxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

1st IVF Apr 09 :BFP: bab21

Reg: Dec 14th 2009

Children: none

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 11:55am

raigmore are lovely people dr caird takes time to explain whats going on and whats going to happen, as previos person said make sure you write down things before hand as emotions can make you forget things!
got my nxt app for aberdeen in nov so things are go go go!
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2nd ivf (icsi) Aug 2010 BFN :tears:

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 12:05pm

Hi all,

Im on waiting list for IVF at Aberdeen and expect to start tx between Mar - Jun next year (hopefully).

Can anyone tell me how many visits to the hospital per tx cycle are required?

Im live approx 3 hours from Aberdeen so will need to take full days off work for all apps and im currently trying to work out how many days holiday to carry for next year and how much time in leiu to work to help reduce number of unpaid leave days i will need.

Thanks
Janeyxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 7:25pm

im also unsure how often i need to be off work. got told by someone that you will be able to get bloods done at inverness, but anything else (scans etc), you will have to go to aberdeen

i live over 4hrs away, and not looking forward to all the driving. cant really afford to fly there and back all the time. doesnt help that DP works away :angry:

my initial consultation wasnt so good an experience. travelled all that distance to only be there for approx 30mins. was told i needed IVF (which i already knew), took blood, had a scan, and off home again.

Reg: Aug 5th 2008

Sunday, August 31st 2008, 7:49pm

hi all hope evryone is doing fine.

Kassi how did you get on did you get date for EC :smile:

Burnzy i am at stimms stage and so far i had the group meeting (which iv heard you get to go in inverness)

Then its your initial consultation where you get all your drugs home with you bloods for you and Your partner and you get a scan.

then you dont go back till its time to start stimms you get bloods and scan to make sure you are ready to start stimms.

then once you start stimms you go back on day 7 to get bloods

then day 9 to get bloods and scan

then after that you have more scans and bloods before EC

hope this helps any questions give me a shout ill try to help

hope everyone else is doing fine loads of love nat
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN
IVF 2 MAY 09 BFN BLEEDING 6 DAYS BEFORE TEST DAY
WE ARE HAVING A BREAK FROM IVF FOR NOW

Monday, September 1st 2008, 2:51pm

Hi ladies!Anyone online?
Donna
xxx

Monday, September 1st 2008, 5:41pm

hi donna

im bit late :snigger: but im online now are you ?? lol

natalie
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 6:44pm

Hi girls.Hope you all ok.Rung Raigmore this morning and they said as soon as they recieve the letter from GP then they will pass it on to consultant who will get a questionnaire sent out to us.Any idea what kinda things its gonna have on it?
Donna
xxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:05pm

hi

its just about your history if a mind right. medical history i mean.

xxxxxxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:06pm

Hiya!The woman i spoke to said it should be about 2 weeks after they get questionnaire back.How are u today?
donna
xxxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:11pm

ats good news for you both. im fine today. fed up as been waiting on a fonecall from OH and aint got it. bugger phoned at 0830 and woke me up this morning

xxxxxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:12pm

aww bless ya.When is he back home?
donna
xxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:18pm

no idea. when i spoke to him the other day, he told me he might only be off for a week. well i went mad!! :scream: if he only went for a week, we could have been for our appointment. so fingers crossed he aint home this friday!!! xfingers his work are pathetic, they keep chopping and changing their minds.

anyways, so you phoned today. i think the clinic are fed up with me as i left a message on friday, and no-body has phoned back.

xxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:20pm

aww hun,im sure they arent...u should ring again tomorrow.xxxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:21pm

i dont like phoning all the time. its a silly thing anyway. i can always try when he comes home.

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:22pm

raigmore can be a bit slow at phoning back i think sometimes your best to keep phoning till someone answers! glad i don't go to raigmore anymore as didnt feel they took me seriously i was only 20 when i was refered there and felt "age" was a big deal to them.
sorry bout the rant but had to say.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:26pm

ats no use looloo. age shouldnt really come into it. my clinic is aberdeen tho

xxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:31pm

looloo82,Hi!Im 24 and my hubby is 30,he has been through this before.his ex wife was unable to have children.
Andrea-Anytime u need to chat im usually on msn.
Donna
xxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:37pm

ah its best to call aberdeen on a wed as thats when most of the receptionists are there
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:42pm

maybe i'll get a call tomorrow then?? like a said, it aint really anything important. just wondered did they have a system for cancellations

xxxxxx

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:50pm

Im not sure usually they are pretty understanding and will try and arrange something to suit both you and them, think the reception is only open mon tue wed and from what i know mondays are really busy.
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 7:53pm

its no big deal really, just thought id ask. its such a pain with DP working offshore. thats how we had to cancel 1st appointment, and it aint happening again

x

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 8:30pm

Hi all,

Im on the waiting list for IVF at Aberdeen and starting to struggle with the whole 'not doing anything'. For the last 3.5 yrs its been trying, tests, clomid - now nothing, i know i cant conceive naturally, so struggling for focus. Usually i would turn to work but for first time in my life im not interested in putting work before health (too stressful a job).

Has anyone else gone through this and any advice?

My only thought was to diet - to get to the so called optimum BMI of 22 for IVF, but to be honest im too down to diet. Did ok yesterday but so down today i succumed to the very not tasty and too fattening canteen food at work.

Ta muchly
Janey
xxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 8:37pm

jane

please dont let things get you down. i know the feeling of not doing anything. i sooo want to be seeing someone, going for appointments etc but nothing now until end of next month. its horrible knowing each month AF is going to appear, even tho u cant help holding out for a miracle each month that FINALLY you'll get a :BFP:

youre certainly not alone in this situation, and im sure others will be along to tell you the same

ive been dieting since last year, lost 2stone, but now im stuck. could do with losing another stone but have no motivation. my friend joined the same time as me and got to her target weight ages ago!!! :angry: delighted for her tho, but wished it was me. stuck to diet all week last week, and put ON 2lbs

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 8:39pm

hi all

just wanted to drop in and say hello.

jane i know how you are feeling before i started ivf treatment i struggled so badly some days i didnt even want to get out of bed and just wanted to cry. i lost interest in everything work, going out with friends and everything. i know it is so hard only thing you can do is try have some PMA it really does help. Also i found some day si forced myself to go out a walk and seriously i found this helped.

loads of love to you

hi to everyone else on here

lots of love natalie
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 8:55pm

have some babydust

Tuesday, September 2nd 2008, 8:55pm

Hey guys thanks so much.

I know everything has the same feelings of frustration at 'not doing anything', its just so hard knowing that theres no chance of a :BFP: and not being able to do anything about it.

Just willing the time to go by for IVF to start - strangely the first time i have been looking forawrd to being a year older :snigger: :snigger: :snigger:

Natalie - i did go for a walk today and found it helped (even it was just around my work building), think the sun helped.

Andrea - i know how hard it is to loose weight, i got to my ww goal during our first 18 moths ttc, but with all the stress of tests, and new job and moving house twice, and clomid i put loads back on, have lost a stone but trying to loose more before IVF but finding it hard. It is so annoying when try so hard but put weight on.

Im now going to try hard for PMA PMA - am on holiday from work from Thursday so hoping that will help give me more PMA.

Take care guys
Love
jane

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Wednesday, September 3rd 2008, 5:09pm

hope your feeling better today jane

xxx

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 11:01am

Hi guys,

I am feeling better today - finished work yesterday for a week and 2 days off.
Didnt manage on line yesterday as late in work trying to finish loads of things - im telling you prepping for a holiday from work means you really really need the break.

Im full of PMA that some time off work will help me to feel better - its been a tough year so far for me and DH with the clomid not working (or rather not making me work), so some relaxing time will be fab. :smile:

Andrea - how are you feeling now following having to postpone your app? hope your feeling better, not too long now til your new app date.

How is everyone else doing today?

xxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wee Janey" (Sep 4th 2008, 11:01am)

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 12:05pm

hi jane

your on holiday!!! :thumbsup2: me too, but not the same when DP is off.

feeling ok today, not great as aint spoken to himself for a while. maybe he'l phone tonight xfingers

so have you any plans? im heading out to lunch shortly with one of my pals :licklips:

its not too long now to appointment, but wish it would hurry up.

xxxxx

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 8:23pm

Hey,

Im so happy to be on hols - well expect today took DH to dentist (oochh noise and cost).

have a few plans - going to Ballater overnight, some mountain biking, having a day trip to Ullapool etc, basically explaoring the Highlands (have lived here for 2 years but have not really explored.

Hope you enjoyed your lunch out, i know its not the same with DP being away but hope you manage to relax and enjoy yourself, relaxing is so important as your so close to starting your IVF.

xxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Friday, September 12th 2008, 11:52am

Hi everyone.Hope you are all ok.Finaly got my Fertility Questionnaire through the post today!woo!Its already back in the post on its way to raigmore!The lovely lady i spoke to said that they im to get the first appointment done within 12-18 weeks,but heres hoping for a BFP before that!
Donna
xxxxxxxxx

Saturday, September 13th 2008, 7:38pm

Hi Donna,

Glad you got the questionnaire through, thats not too long to wait for your appointmen but xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers you get a :BFP: before you need to go for your appoinment.

Lots of babydust babydust babydust babydust

Take care
xxxx

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Sunday, September 14th 2008, 2:19pm

If i dont get a BFP this month then im running very very low on luck,we had a fire on friday night,me and dean both got bad burns on our hands...luckily no damage to the house!
xxx

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 8:28am

Hey Donna,

That is horrible, i hope you and Dean are not too badly injured.

Take care and i hope you feel better soon

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

expat77

Reg: Aug 10th 2008

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 5:30pm

hello

How was your appointment on the 8th? that was my birthday hahahahah I am on day 5 of stimms and they harder then I thought I thought it would be a breeze but its gotten much better have my scan on Tuesday.

Sx
me 30 DP 30 severe endo with cysts. 1st lap Sep 2007, 2nd lap March 2008 to remove endo and cysts. On Decapeptyl for 3 months start 1st IVF in September.

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 7:23pm

hi

dont know if this is directed at me but i didnt make my appointment on the 8th. DP had to go offshore so we cancelled. been on cancellation list last week, and we got to phone on tuesday to see if we can get appt this week. if not then we wait to 20th october. its ok tho as DP goes offshore on friday and when he comes home, the appt is a few days away.

how are you? have you started your Tx yet?

xxxxxxxx

Monday, September 22nd 2008, 12:19pm

HI ALL

just a quicky to say hope everyone is doing well

im on 2ww and its starting to drive me nuts lol.

gl to all

lots of love
IVF 1 AUG 08 BFN
FET FEB 09 BFN

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 3:08pm

Hi everyone

Thought I'd drop in here as I've got 1st appointment at Aberdeen next week. How do you all find it there? The girls on the phone sound really nice (helps!). After several blood tests it seems I've got low progesterone so my GP thinks they'll give me Clomid. Do you think thats likely at a first visit?

Good luck n :dust: to all xxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 4:36pm

hi moogle

im attending aberdeen for IVF, my appointment is next month. i have found them really helpful on the phone, and also emails. cant wait to start my Tx

cant advise about the Clomid tho sorry

xxxxxxxxx

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 8:09pm

Hey Moggle,

I waiting to attend Aberdeen for IVF.

It depends on what other tests you have had done as to when they prescribe clomid. My GP referred me to Raigmore following low progesterone etc blood results but did a load of other tests before i got clomid such as DH SA was repeated (although this was because his first one was at a diff hospital cause we moved), i had an HSG, ultrasound and more bloods.

I think all hospitals are different but if your only result shows low progesterone they may want to rule out anything else just in case.

Let me knoe if i can be of any more help.

Take care and loads of :dust: :dust: to you

TTC 4 yrs
Me - 32 yrs, DH - 32 yrs
clomid then IVF

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, September 26th 2008, 12:52pm

Hi, thanks for the info.

I've had 6 blood tests over the last few weeks to try and catch the right time, as my cycles are pretty irregular. Highest progesterone was 18 so far. DH had SA at Aberdeen a few weeks ago and all is well - so hopefully he won't need to repeat it. I think I'm just desperate to get Tx started asap so will chill out and try to be patient!

Cheers again and :goodluck: with the IVF girls!

xxxxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Friday, September 26th 2008, 2:03pm

donna news??
TTC 8 1/2yrs
unexplained infertility
clomid 2008 x3 bfn
gonal f 2009 x2 bfn

1st ivf April 2010 BFN

Sunday, September 28th 2008, 4:50pm

I just wanted to come on and say thanks for your support.I finally got my BFP on friday after 22 months of trying...and same day the fertility clinc rung with an appointment!
Donna
xxxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Sunday, September 28th 2008, 5:14pm

hi donna

thats excellent news. :weehee:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2angels

Megastar

United Kingdom

Monday, September 29th 2008, 12:07pm

hi does anyone know if the clinic shuts over xmas + new year? i have emailed but waiting reply.

just wondering if it will affect my Tx if they are shut

xxxxxxxxxx

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE