You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Friday, September 22nd 2017, 11:38am

Hi all,

Well long story short they managed to email us our consent forms and we got them sent straight back and we have had our bmi etc done at our local hospitals o thats us back on track just in time! Hate when such simple things get so overcomplicated, im so easy to spit my dummy lately as to speak, think my patience has reached an all time low!

Rodeogirl - no i havent spoke to anyone regarding it and dont think i will yet, i have 3 frozen remaining so will see the outcome of that and if a 3rd cycle needs to be be started i might try another clinic. Im 22 days into my 30 days to healthy living and honestly the best i have felt inside and out, sleeping so well, improved concentration and i have always swore ive had some form on IBS when now i have no issues and daily (TMI) sorry!! Im thinking ill do another 30 days, def worth checking out its Arbonne seems quite expensive but i have saved as not buying all my usual snacks, fizzy juice etc and wake up everyday looking forward to my shake that keeps me full until lunch (something i thought i would never say) im usually hungry 20 mins after a meal lol!!x

ABCgirl - ive kept a diary of my ivf jounrey and looked back to my first fresh cycle and i wrote "well, glad today is the last day of the awful norethisterone. i need my period!! Cranky, tired and constant rosy red cheeks' lol but the excitement of getting started made any symptom worthwhile and will affect each person differently id assume. Just always remember to drink plenty water throughout the treatment as a couple of time i was borderlining dehydration as your body is working harder with being stimulated and may help with any headaches saving you reaching for paracetamols. Once you stop the norethisterone i believe you are suppose to bleed within 4 days and had my baseline then, thankfully the bleeding started after the scan and you start the injections the next night i think.. ( i had a heavier, much more painful period so maybe worth trying to get a day of work so you can curl up with a duvet. Good luck the nurses willl explain everything step by step so dont feel overwhlemed just concentrate on the step instruction you are on and they will keep you right for the next one (if that makes sense)! x

GB87 - thats brilliant news and so happy everything is going well for you, hopefully your sympotms will start to wear off soon. On my very first fresh cycle i went to my local midwife days before my 7 week scan to get booked in and they said i would of been on the red pathway as all ivf ladies are, its a wee ivf perk i guess, but where i live i think everyone goes on the red pathway now and are sent over a 100 miles away to give birth regardless of the weather etc as our local maternity is midwife-led and no paedatricions etc prob safer if there is an emergency. Keep us all updated x

Kimbers85 - good luck on the start of your cycle x
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN
FET - Oct 17 BFP baby2 due June 18 :dust:

Reg: Mar 6th 2017

Monday, September 25th 2017, 7:47pm

Hi all hope ur all well ABCgirl oh ur not far behind me then I just felt grumpy on the norethindrone and hot flushes my last tablet is tonight and 1st scan on Friday 29th so this Friday what all happens at this scan I start injections on sat so I take it they will show me and give me the injections on Friday then it says to start another injections week after on 4th then 3 scans after that not had a date for egg collection yet but last scan is 11th Oct xxx

ABCgirl

Reg: Nov 26th 2016

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 5:21pm

Kimbers: I'm not far behind at all... my baseline scan is the 10th. We might have been at the same info night. Sounds like you are on the short protocol as well.

Bambi: thanks for the suggestion of starting a journal. Wishing now I started one from the very beginning to keep track of all the test and emotions. Got one entry in so far.

4 days into norethisterone and can't say I feel much dufferent - hope that stays that way

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 8:16pm

Oh that's good ABCgirl we be going through it together my number is 07794337501 if u want to give me a text xxx

Saturday, September 30th 2017, 10:21pm

Hey, everyone!

Just a quick question...

I'm on progynova again, my usual is 3 tablets first thing in morning, I felt ok on them slightly off my way but I had my scan on Friday morning and my lining was under 7mm I'm normally well over 8mm so couldn't grasp this any way they have up'd my dose to 4 tablets a day and I feel like utter crap..

I'm wondering could I take 2 tablets in the morning and the other 2 at night I feel it might help and not be as strong as I feel ok first thing prior to taking the tablets. I'm sure they say you can take 1 tablet three times a day or all 3 together so I'm guessing it wouldn't matter taking 2 and then 2 later?

Hope everyone is fine xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Sunday, October 1st 2017, 10:03pm

Hi bambi85,

I have never had a fet yet, but we about to start and Ann the nurse said you can take all the tablets at once or divide into twice. She said it's very common for the lining not to be 7mm or above when everyone gets there scans!!

Xx

GB87

Reg: Apr 15th 2016

Monday, October 2nd 2017, 12:11am

I think you’d be fine as long as you get the required dosage within a 24h period. I did 3 a day , at breakfast , just after lunch and again with a snack about 8:30pm. I didn’t feel well when I took them without food so always had some crackers, a yoghurt , banana kinda thing in the evening.

I’m struggling to get my vitamins down just now, they are the pregnacare plus tablets and they are HUGE! Having to swallow them with an actimel or yoghurt drink otherwise it gets stuck :(

Fingers crossed for everyone in treatment just now. Kimbers I hope the injections are going ok

Xxx

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 2:05pm

I don’t ever remember feeling this crap whilst just being on progynova, dreading adding progesterone to the mix! Hope it balances me and makes me feel half human again!
That’s my lining just under 9mm so all good and booked for transfer
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Bumble

Reg: Feb 22nd 2015

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:08pm

the very best of luck to you Bambi8511 :thumbsup:

Tuesday, October 3rd 2017, 10:08pm

Good luck bumbi85, when's transfer xx

ABCgirl

Thursday, October 5th 2017, 11:26am

Good luck Bambi! Hope everything goes well for you.

Friday, October 6th 2017, 10:05pm

Hi everyone hope ur all well injections are going fine before we started injections I had a scan last Friday and showed 30 folicles was bck for a scan today and 10 of them have grown. Biggest so far is 14 rest are around 11 12 13 egg collection was meant to be Friday next week but said it might be wed now will have to see what scan shows on monday. Today was the first day felt sick and felt so tired drained with it all maybe thats the injections. Good luck Bambi x

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 11:33am

Hi Everyone!

Thank you everyone for the well wishes xx

I cant believe we are in October!! Where is 2017 going!! Santa be here before we know it!

Ive been super busy with work and getting my head stuck in the books with my degree, really enjoying it so far...

Good luck with your collection Kimbers85 and hope you get some good quality eggs, take each day as it comes!
The next week can be a wee emotional rollercoaster especially with all the hormones etc but we are all if you need advice or a chat xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Wednesday, October 11th 2017, 7:59pm

Hi bambi85,

How was your transfer? How you feeling?

We were going to have FET this month but starting next month got s few things and I felt I was getting stressed!

Xxx

Friday, October 13th 2017, 11:23am

Hi hello

Just had transfer yesterday, all went well. Was a day 5 blast so you have to be on progesterone for 7 days from the lining scan and then wait until the clinic can slot you in, luckily this time i only waited a couple of extra days.
I’m feeling fine got the weekend off before back to work on Monday it’s so hard trying to predict the timing for transfers for time of work, least I have 3 days to relax.

Aw that’s a shame, but your right better to wait than be stressed. How many embryos have you frozen?xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Oct 13th 2017, 11:27am)

ABCgirl

Friday, October 13th 2017, 2:02pm

Bambi - good luck to you! Hope you have a relaxing weekend. How long after transfer is the test date when transferring 5 day blast?

I'm on day 4 of Menopur and so far so good. Don't feel anything out of the ordinary. Tomorrrow I start Cetrotide. Looking forward to my second scan on Monday to see if this is working.

Friday, October 13th 2017, 10:38pm

Thank you ABCgirl

Its still 15 days even though technically you are two days ahead than a 3 day.. its the part i have never understood.

Oh thats brilliant that you arent having any nasty side effects and im sure the only side affect i had with the cetrotide was itchiness around the injection area for a short time after wards but a wee cold compress soon sorted it out. Good luck for your scan and keep us all updated xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Saturday, October 14th 2017, 4:18pm

Hi everyone good luck bambi xx so egg collection went well got 12 eggs and got the phone call today 11 had fertilised so really happy with that will need to wait and see what monday brings x

Monday, October 16th 2017, 7:26pm

That is amazing Kimbers85!!

Hope all goes well for you transfer when you have it (or you may already have it today))!! xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 9:30am

Hi bambi no it's booked for tommoro so a 5 day transfer all still doing well yesterday apart from 1 so really happy any advice for after transer eeeek so nervous now x

Tuesday, October 17th 2017, 2:56pm

That is super new Kimbers85!!

A 5 day is What you want and hopefully by the sounds of your luck you will have plenty for the freezer xx

The transfer is a breeze, just remember no smellies, I shower with a sanex 0% non fragnant gel or something like that and a full bladder.

I normally do all my housework,shopping etc the day before so I can have a few days off to myself and just chill out and watch boxsets, be happy and Have a treat!! I try not to have hot baths and this time i have tried my best to keep my feet warm as they are normally ice blocks and I hate wearing socks around the house, I bought a foot spa as it helps your circulation plus it’s nice too!! Wouldn’t try and do anything strenuous but I’m sure they say to resume normal activity (except swimming I think)! All the best xxx

I’m now 5 days into the two week wait.. 10 sleeps to OTD!! Think I’ll crack earlier and test as I’m starting to feel not myself and having those crazy vivid dreams the last two nights almost to the point where I’d rather sleep than watch tv as they are so interesting!! Previous transfers I’ve had positives from 4 days after transfer so you never know when my will power will be defeated but then if it’s negative I would rather spend two weeks being PUPO than not see 2 lines! Xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 5:46pm

Hi just a update so that's my embroy transfer done grade 4AB 3 frozen so far will call again tommoro if any more have caught up really happy xxx

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Wednesday, October 18th 2017, 11:37pm

Hi everyone,
I have been away from here for a while, as I still don't feel that great... 25 weeks and 3 days and really feeling the difference! Trying to keep up at work seems ok, but when I get home I'm just tired and with little oomph to do much. My DH is absolutely wonderful and does all the cooking and stuff around the house so I don't need to worry about it, but I still wished I felt like my old self again... Nausea still lingers now and then but the worst is the heartburn that I feel just about all the time! However, that's my only moan. The twin BOYS are doing great. Every appointment we go to they seem to be really happy with how things look like in the scans. So, my theory is right: the worse I feel, the better the babies are doing! ::P

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi since I see some of you just had transfers and are in your 2WW. All my best positive wishes to all of you for BFP when your OTD arrives! I have everything crossed for you. Best of luck too to all of you just about to start your treatments. What a waiting game this is! But be patient and persevere: your time will come too, hopefully sooner than later.
Lots of hugs to you all, newbies and 'veterans'! Xxx
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

ABCgirl

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:58am

Hope everyone is doing well :)

I had my last scan today and will be going in for egg collection on Monday.

I have a question though: had anyone here triggered with Burselin (Suprecur)? I suppose I'm at risk of OHSS since 25 follicles were measured today. Hvent read great things about the success of triggering with Burseline rather than HcG. Anyone care to share their experience?

Thanks! Such an emotional up and down - was happy with many follicles but now worried about my chances.

Friday, October 20th 2017, 8:10pm

Hi ABC,

On my successful ivf I had Burselun as I was hi risk and they collected 21 eggs from me but I still managed to still have a fresh transfer which resulted in my daughter! After egg collecting they gave me an injection to help my ovaries too!!!

How you feeling xx

ABCgirl

Friday, October 20th 2017, 8:56pm

Oh fab hello! That's so great to hear. I'm feeling okay - just have the feeling of heaviness in my abdomen. No bloating (yet!) and just a little more tired than usual.

I trigger tomorrow night! EC is scheduled for 9am one Monday. Just getting a little nervous and anxious about the pain during EC. :S

GB87

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:00pm

Hello, I had the pre filled pen I think it was something like Orvitrelle. I had 29 eggs collected and successful FET from that cycle. Was close to getting the Buselerine, in fact I had both triggers at home waiting for the call from the Clinic advising which one to use. No idea what made the difference in the end.

I’m 17 weeks today and all going well so far. Killer heartburn but much prefer that to the nausea I had previously.

Best of luck ABC for your egg collection and also to Kimbers and Bambi in the TWW ! So exciting ! Xxxx

Reg: Feb 28th 2016

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:30pm

Hi everyone hope you are all well. Just a little update as I haven't been on forum for a while-My little girl was born on 3rd September and I've never been happier! She is my everything. Please never give up - we had 2 failed rounds, 3 miscarriages and a diagnosis of blocked Fallopian tubes and then managed to conceive naturally. I wish you all the best of luck wherever you are on your IVF/TTC journey- hope you all get your BFP soon. Loads of love and hugs xxxx

ABCgirl

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:37pm

Thanks GB87 - so interesting that you had both injections at home. Seems like a lot of follicles and you took the hCg shot anyway. Could just be different consultants and their experience/preference on how to treat patients....?
Did you end up getting OHSS?
Great to hear you're doing well and coming along!

Hello - I saw in a previous post that you had an e scratch... where you on NHS and if so, can you ask for additional options and just pay out of pocket for them. Im curious about the scratch and embryo glue. I just don't know who to ask and if it's even possible.
Also did you get tested for antibodies...? That was done at the Aberdeen clinic?

What an inspiring story weemiracles!! Congrats!

Friday, October 20th 2017, 9:48pm

Hi weemircles, congratulations bet you are over the moon, how did your birth go?

Hi ABC, I have the scratch on my second round after failed treatment with no frozen, I asked for scratch they said it's not proven to improve implantation but I was desperate to have it I got in NHS. My friend had scratch and asked for the glue and they said no due to great embryos!

For my FET I am not having scratch we are just hoping we are lucky enough to get a positive outcome!

Xxx

GB87

Saturday, October 21st 2017, 6:02pm

Hello, I didn’t get OHSS but it was a big worry at the time. I was very sore and bled for a few days too. We went for a 3 day transfer and I was so frightened at anyone being near that region so soon after EC! Im almost certain that’s why our fresh transfer didn’t take with my body still recovering from such a trauma. So grateful that’s over and done with now and looking back was totally worth it ! :)

Xxx

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 6:41am

Good morning everyone!!

Congratulations weemiracles on your little girl, what a wee blessing!

Wow GB87 17 weeks already, are you going to find out the sex?

Sunflower77 exciting times ahead two little boys, will they be identical or not as it was two separate blasts? Shame you have been feeling lousy, are you hoping to go full term?

Abcgirl, they are experts and will keep such a close eye on you, please don’t worry!! My last fresh cycle I think I had around 16 eggs can’t remeber how many follicles, not going to lie it was painful so don’t be scared to speak up and ask for more pain relief which helps but can wear off so it being topped up helps plus gives you an amazing nap afterwards!! I then went on to have a 5 day transfer, looking back I should have waited and went for a FET as I was still uncomfortable and bloated down below but me being me I just wanted that wee blast back snug in my lining, it ended up a mc. Not sure if it had anything to do with it but I certainly did not feel like my insides were relaxed and natural feeling.

Kimbers85 how u doing? U feeling any different in your 2ww? babydust xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Oct 22nd 2017, 6:45am)

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 10:43am

Tested this morning :BFP:

10 days past 5 day transfer :biggrin: xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 12:24pm

Fantastic bambi85, is today your test date? Fantastic for everyone to here your good news! Xxx

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 1:19pm

Thank you hello. My test date isn't until the 27th so tested 5 days early xx :)
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 1:32pm

Oh wow congrats Bambi this is fantastic news so happy for u xxxxx I'm feeling fine don't feel any different only sore breast I'm now 4dpt how did u feel Bambi any symptoms I've heard people feeling cramps kinda wish I felt something to give me hope so just want to test now this is def the worst part xx

Sunday, October 22nd 2017, 8:32pm

Thanks, Kimbers85, the only symptom I really have is tiredness and feel pretty exhausted, I don't know if I feel a bit woozy or is it being anxious/excited. Previous BFPs I've had sore boobs but not every time and my crazy vivid dreams, I don't think you can compare two pregnancies and any symptom may be pregnancy or med related as they can mimic so many symptoms or cause more symptoms on top of being pregnant so going by symptoms is hard to judge.

Its still early days for you yet, do you think you will test early? I tested early once before think it was my third transfer back in Sept last year and got a positive form 4 days past the rest I have enjoyed being in PUPO land and not wanting to see that negative! Good luck and keep us updated xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

ABCgirl

Monday, October 23rd 2017, 8:17pm

Congrats Bambi! Great news. Best of luck to you - You deserve it!

I had my EC today. It wasn't nearly as painful as I thought. Recovering well and have been feeling fine. A little bloating right now but nothing out of the ordinary. They aspirated 9 follicles and got 8 eggs. I was a little disappointed only because the nurse Friday counted 15 so I thought for sure I'd be in double digits. I thought I responded well and they even gave me Buserelin as the trigger which I assume is to prevent OHSS - so I thought for sure I'd get more follicles since that's what it was looking like. But the doctor today said there were a few smaller ones that they didn't bother going into. I know it's number game and I also know it's quality over quantity but since I don't know what the quality is yet I'm a little nervous for the call tomorrow.

I asked the embryologist for embryo glue and she said that would be possible. And also asked about the scratch but she wasn't sure as she thinks it should be done more in advance. I guess I should have asked sooner but didn't know who to ask! Every time I go in, it's a different doctor or nurse.
Fingers crossed now for a good fertilisation rate tomorrow then onto the next stage.

Thanks ladies for your support!

Monday, October 23rd 2017, 9:27pm

Thank you abcgirl!

I am so thrilled it all went well for you, good luck for your phone call tomorrow, are they using ICSI? xx

When I went for my transfer the really nice embryologist came through and told us she decided to use embryo glue this time, i was taken back and felt so grateful i kind of wanted to hug her! Really think the embryology team at Aberdeen are fantastic, always so nice on the phone and understanding and really feel they go that extra mile and treat ou as an individual! Although i was kind of stumped why they never tried before... maybe cost etc I would quite happily pay for wee extras that could give even a bit more of a chance.

It would be nice if we could be assigned say 2 nurses and they dealt with you throughout your journey or at least each cycle , I was speaking to one of the midwife radiographers in raigmore and she liaises with Aberdeen with us highland fertility ladies and she hopes to take a bigger role in it and to hopefully have dedicated nurses who deal with us from the highlands, cant see it happening though as the clinic are super busy as I much prefer using raigmore as much as I can for scans etc now

xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

ABCgirl

Monday, October 23rd 2017, 11:58pm

Thanks Bambi
We're doing regular IVF.
I agree the embryologist was really approachable and answered all my crazy questions. She seemed really young though! Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 8:10am

Hi everyone just a wee update I got a positive today on 6dp very happy and praying this is our time xxx

ABCgirl

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 5:31pm

Sad news this morning....

I'm devasted and just beside myself. None of the eggs got fertilised. Embryologist said they were mature and that the sperm was good quality... apparently the sperm bound to the egg but none made it through to fertilise. I've been crying all day... i can't believe we didn't even get a chance to transfer. The irony is i actually asked The embryologist the morning of egg collection what would happen if none fertilised and she's said, it's rare. And now I can't believe that this is my story.

She said out next step is another round and to do ICSi. I'm sad they didn't do rescue Icsi which is done in other clinics when they see the eggs aren't fertilizing. I was really disappointed to that I asked to see the counsellor and she wasn't in... I'd hope when giving such recasting news they could offer some support.
So tomorrow I go in for a followup appointment. I'd like answers but really what will that give me... no matter what we'll need another round of Icsi. But now I'm so scared - scared that might not even work! How can I regain positivity and hope again I just don't know ;( ;( ;( ;(

I don't know if this has happened to anyone and I hope I can hear some success stories.

GB87

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 6:54pm

Congratulations Bambi and Kimbers! Incredible news and I’m so happy for you both ! Woo hoo

ABCGirl I’m so sorry to hear your news. We do all this treatment for the chance of falling pregnant, for that chance to be taken away so quickly is heartbreaking. I’m so sorry.

Might not be possible just now to think this way right now BUT your body responded to the drugs, you made it through egg collection and had viable eggs and sperm. You have all the ingredients for a baby and ICSI might just be the final intervention you need.

Sending you a big big hug and hoping you have some time to process the past few weeks of treatment. It’s such a rollercoaster mentality and physically xxx

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 7:06pm

Big hug abcgirl, how devastating. Good luck for your follow up tomorrow, it might give you some understanding and reassurance, I don't know what to say as you say it is rare. ICSI might prove to be lucky for you in the future. Just heartbreaking when you feel so damn close then your back to square one, we have all experienced this of some sort and it's not nice at all.

Please just look at the positives, honestly, its what keeps most of us going and sane!! You did have eggs, you responded well to treatment etc so hopefully, this is just a wee thing you will look on in the past and ICSI will be your answer. You will gain positivity again, trust me it'll come but right now you need to cry your wee heart out and be angry and in time you will find the strength. We all have to have faith or what the hell are we all here for and trying!! Sending love xxxxx We are all here for you if you need to rant and talk xxx

xxxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Tuesday, October 24th 2017, 7:08pm

Just read your post Kimbers85 that brill news!! :) xxx

Thank you GB87 blowkiss xx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Bambi85" (Oct 24th 2017, 7:09pm)

ABCgirl

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 3:01pm

Has anyone had assisted oocyte activation along with their ICSI procedure?

Got not so great news today at our followup.... they think even with Icsi the fertilisation might be low so they are adding this procedure called assisted oocyte activation. I'm grateful but petrified... Dr Bhatta only knows of 2 cases in the UK like ours meaning the type of fertilisation failure they saw is rare. Also 3 of my 8 eggs had polar body fragmentation which we were told is rare as well.

It's so hard to find hope again. We are relatively young and healthy. We have no history of infertility or disease in our families. I'm devastated.

We are switching to the long protocol and starting In January. I need a lot of work mentally before then

Wednesday, October 25th 2017, 7:44pm

Oh abc girl im so sorry you are going this Xx

You aren’t out of options yet, after a couple of months of getting yourself back to feeling mentally and fighting fit, come January you will hopefully have regained some of that positivity and faith!

I haven’t came across the ACA on here, i have seen it on other sites but haven’t really read into it.
It’s a positive though as i thought if ICSI failed then that was it kind of.. but at least there is another option regardless of the rates/percentages etc there is another way,another chance to be able to make it possible so use that as your hope and focus all your energy into and just say this is a just a hiccup and is part of our story, not the end just a chapter on the way!

It’s not over until the doctor says so, so keep fighting until then, lots of love xxx
ICSI - Apr 16 BFP mc
FET - July 16 BFN
FET - Sept 16 BFP mc

ICSI - Mar 17 BFP mc
FET - Jul 17 BFN

Reg: Oct 25th 2015

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 11:32am

Hi
Many congratulations Weemiracles, Kinbers85 and Bambi85! Good to hear positive outcomes. So happy for you all!! No, my twins won't be identical, since they were 2 separate embryos.

ABCgirl, so sorry this is happening to you. I totally understanding how frustrating and upsetting this must be for you. But don't despair yet, especially if this is you at the beginning of your journey. You still have lots of options ahead of you. The problem is that us women can't stand the fact that we have no control whatsoever of the outcome and we would wish the whole process was as quick as taking a tablet and get pregnant; we also wonder if there is anything else we could do or take to help matters. And the truth is, every case is different and what works for one, doesn't work for the next. It really is a long and difficult journey, probably the worst of it being waiting time between appointments and the length of each cycle until ET. My advice: don't think about rushing or being in a hurry about it, take matters with as much patience as possible with the view that this may take a long time until it works. Take each step as it comes and never give up hope until you are told there is nothing else for you to try. There's not much more you can really do about it and the more you stress over it, the worse the outcome, let alone putting extra strain on you and your OH's relationship!! All we did was take folic acid tablets from the beginning (pregnacare conception for both of us), no other extra supplements or other things. We got ICSI from the very beginning, so if you didn't get it from the beginning, maybe it was because they thought your eggs and sperm had a good chance to make it on their own without the extra help. After all, this is all a matter of trial and error, to see what works best in each case! It took us 2 full cycles and 5 ETs over 2 years to get pregnant. It was very frustrating, but we kept on going. I had the endometrial scratch done on attempt number 4 and made no difference (apart from being a horrible experience for me, since I fainted during the procedure!!); they do say they don't have enough evidence to prove if it does make a difference or not. In my case it didn't help. For our last attempt, the only thing I had done different was that since January I had been eating much more healthily and exercising, which was the only thing that had changed from before and perhaps it helped! Although it's hard to prove, of course. Make sure you eat a healthy balanced diet that has all the nutrients that your body needs (if vegetarian, make sure you eat enough protein equivalent; I've heard from doctors that vegan is the worst diet for fertility, since you deprive yourself of nutrients that your body needs!). We ended up transferring 2 embryos to increase our chances. We'll never know if this time round maybe the 1 embryo would have made it, but we had to try! And well... twins was the outcome!!
So after all this long rambling, just to say that, no matter how upset you're just now with your outcome from current cycle, don't despair. Keep going and keep thinking positive, because you are not alone here and your turn will come, sooner or later. Take a break from it all until January and you may feel different about it all next time. Lots of hugs!
ICSI 1, Nov 2015: :BFN:
FET 1, March 2016: :BFN:
FET 2, June 2016: : :BFN:
ICSI 2, Nov 2016: :BFN:
FET 3, May 2017, :BFP: IT'S TWINS!!! bab22 bab22

HHH29

Reg: Mar 8th 2016

Thursday, October 26th 2017, 11:48am

Don't Give up

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here for a while but have kept up to date with what's happening. Congrats to those with positive tests and good luck for those of you with upcoming cycles.

ABC girl why don't you have a look around and maybe get a second opinion. I'm also quite young, and had 3 failed attempts at Aberdeen and felt so devastated. Our first failed attempt resulted in 4 eggs and nothing to transfer and I was told we should start thinking about donor eggs - I was 30 at the time and in good health, classed with unexplained infertility. Eventually after the 3rd round we gave up a bit until I started looking at other clinics - I had one more attempt in June and am now just over 18 weeks pregnant with a baby from my own eggs. I know it doesn't happen for everyone and it can be annoying when people who have become pregnant through whatever means come on and start preaching, but honestly I really started to believe that I might never have a child of my own after everything we went through to get here. When I talked to one of the consultants in Aberdeen following my positive result elsewhere I was told that they just don't have the means to treat people individually so the drugs and the process they follow is much more generic than treatment you may receive elsewhere. There were so many women at the clinic I went to who had had many more failed cycles than me and had success, with many 10 + years older than me. Anyway its something for you to think about and please don't give up hope - if this process taught me anything its that you have to believe in the possibility.

Good luck and best wishes.

ABCgirl

Friday, October 27th 2017, 12:01am

Thank you all for the advice and support. It's lifted my spirits on a day where my emotions have been up and down.

So far I'm pleased with Aberdeen clinic but I guess I don't know any better. I'm diving into research and finding out what other clinics do. I know it's only the beginning of the journey but I really hoped and believed we'd be lucky and only need one round. I suppose we all do/did. The total failed fertilization was just a shock and the followup didn't do much to give us much hope. We just feel robbed of the chance to get to et and have that "wonderful" 2ww ::P

I commend you ladies for going through multiple rounds... how do you find the courage and strength to pick yourselves up and find the hope to get through it?? I suppose I just have to find my own way to do so.

Thank you again and I know with time I'll be ready- it's just been a really rough week.

7 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

7 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE