You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 10:00am

big up to CARE :D
congrats chick how did the scan go? xx
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 12:55pm

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping in....

I'm currently at MFS but have just completed all of the forms to have an initial consultation at Care Manchester with a view to moving there for my next cycle (4 failed attempts all with top grade day 5/6 blastos makes me suspicious that I have immune issues that MFS won't test for or treat). I just wondered how long it took for things to get moving for you - i.e. how long after you sent your forms in did you hear back? How long did you have to wait for your first consultation and then treatment? I'm really hoping we can have the relevant tests / treatment this year as I hate being in limbo - I'll be 38 soon and I feel like we are rapidly running out of time :-(

I'd be really gratefull for any info / insights you can offer about Care as I've heard mixed comments which makes me feel a bit nervous!

Constance

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 7:13pm

hi there and welcome to the beginning of a positive experience ;)
we transferred to care for the same reasoning ...

went to an open evening - decided we liked - asked if they'd accept us with NHS funding and they said yes bcos of my complex history etc ...
it took a while for my other hospital to cooperate in sending all notes over tho and for my funding to go to board to be approved to a diff county...

but ... funding was approved in march and I had IVF end of march and was pregnant in April :D
they don't mess around ;)

we had a fantastic experience with them and won't hesitate to go bk !!!
do really detailed scans - not rushed or anythin and look after you really well after the operations :)
everythin is explained well too & like u said CARE know what they are on about with immunes - I mean look at chatterbox on here :thumbsup:

we went for immunes but our consultant said he thought it was my eggs and implantation so I also had extra drug support - he was right as well :whistling:

good luck honey xxx

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Monday, August 20th 2012, 5:38pm

Thanks so much for this, Amy. And huge congratulations on your BFP - I can't even begin to imagine how excited you must be feeling!!

Here's hoping Care can do the trick for me too!!

Thanks again.

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Monday, August 20th 2012, 5:56pm

My excitement is still mixed with worry although that is easing off slightly as the weeks tick by!
I'll feel better if all still okay at 20 week scan this Thursday ;(

Look forward to hearing your journey proceed xx

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 4:08pm

Good luck for your scan tomorrow, Amy. Will you get to find out if it's a blue or a pink one tomorrow too?

Will keep everything crossed for you that all is absolutely perfect :thumbsup: Do you go to Care to scans or is this at your local hospital? I've never got that far to know anything about what happens next!

AFM, I got impatient and emailed Care (I'm not known for my patience!!) and they told me that the forms were currently with the MD for her to decide which consultant would be most appropriate for us - we should hear back by the end of this week xfingers

C xx

MY DIARY

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 6:59pm

Hey chick... yep hopefully finding out if pink or blue tomorrow (DF decided he needed to know haha)
And now I'm all excited too ...

Baby not kicking much tonight so hopin it does rather soon :S

As for emailing CARE - I did it alot - the receptionist is rather helpful ;) hehehe
Oh.. and yeah after 8wks scan you get discharged to NHS booooo lol and it's a reality shock cos the scans are nowhere near as good :whistling:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 7:41pm

WOW - so excited for you!!! AND so lovely to hear of a success story from the clinic I'm due to move to : D I sooooo hope it will be me one day too xfingers

I hope it goes well tomorrow and that you get some reassurance that your LO is fighting fit and healthy - I'm guessing you still spend a lot of time worrying, even this far along.

Do let me know your pink vs blue news tomorrow - any preference? I always thought I would have several pink ones when I was younger, before I knew what trouble I was in for...,.

MY DIARY

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Wednesday, August 22nd 2012, 9:24pm

Hi Constance :)
Don't worry bout CARE they do indeed know what they're about. Naturally with your history they will advocate immune testing. I think it's probably the next natural step for you. Mr Patel is the immune chap & while he's quite brusk & business like, he knows his stuff. In fact we were overjoyed to hear he was back which is why we asked for an appt with him following a bit of a disappointing one with a colleague. That doesn't mean to say his colleague isn't great - he just wasn't for us. Incidentally they didn't charge us for our second opinion appt!

Amyeliz don't worry, lie on your back, drink a cold, cold, cold(!) drink and see what happens. Remember baby still isn't huge yet and there's still a lot of wriggle room left for bambino. Also babies go through sleep cycles too which you'll start to recognise as baby gets bigger. But if you everfeel worried call your on call midwife. I did once and she came had a feel, said she could feel baby all over the place... :O it was my scar tissue & strong abs which meant I couldn't feel much! Ooops.

Xxxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 11:46am

Thanks, Chatterbox.

It's so lovely to hear from another lady with a positive outcome at CARE - makes me feel so much more hopeful - thank you!!

I've just received my info from CARE - my appointment is next week!!!! :thumbsup: They've requested some tests and a pelvic anatomy before the appointment too which I'm very impressed by - MFS didn't do anything like this, although they've been nothing but lovely.

Apparently I will be seen by Dr Sedler - do you know him/her?

C xx

MY DIARY

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 5:19pm

Had scan and it's a bab10 hehehe ...
We had all thought boy.. 99% of people that know me thought boy but this girl will be a tomboy like me I reckon anyway ;)

She (that's weird to say) is fighting fit and healthy and all organs etc are perfectly normal :D

Funny you mention Dr Sedlar cos he was my consultant and this afternoon I received a letter from him saying to continue clexane until week 34... iv not had it since week 12 and all is okay...
so I quickly emailed his receptionist and within 5 minutes the man himself had rang me back...
explaining its up to my obstetrician if I continue it but because it was for support and not a medically proven reaso (I.e... my level 1's showed no blood disorders) that with all being fine now it's fine etc ..

Put my mind at ease within 10 mins of receiving letter - how good is that :thumbsup:

Dr Sedlar is also very forward speaking but again he knows his stuff ... However like chatterbox said - you might get Dr Patel if it progresses to immunes like I think you will ;)

Oh and chatterbox ... my notes today say placenta is anterior ... means its at the front doesn't it ... so it's cushioning baby's blows tut tut!
and it's punching me
more that kicking too ;) hahaha looks to have long legs like me
and DF already tho xxxx

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, August 24th 2012, 12:52pm

Congratulations Amy - you must be so happy and relieved to see everything is fine and your little pink one is progressing as she should be :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback regarding Dr Sedler too - I'm pretty upfront and straight talking so am sure we'll get on fine :)

C xx

MY DIARY

chatterbox

Megastar

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 11:19pm

Dr Sandler is lovely. We just felt he was quite focused on his area of expertise which is array cgh testing & icsi. Neither of which we needed but he was keen for us to have. Mr Patel's approach was different.

Great news all was fine with the scan Amyeliz. My little pinkie turned 12 months yesterday :faint: can't believe it!

Xx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 11:49pm

No way (8 o) 1 year old already (8 o)
Can't believe it! Lol

& agreed they have diff areas of expertise!
Dr Sedler is also an expert on PCOS which is why he suited us more - what he doesn't know about that - isn't worth knowing ;)

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Monday, August 27th 2012, 5:42am

Thanks ladies. Icsi and pcos are not relevant to us and I'm not sure array cgh would be either - if we have to pay for more tests, I'd like them to be immunes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Thanks again for all your feedback - my appt is thursday so will let you know how we get on.

C xx

MY DIARY

aibabs

Reg: Jul 1st 2010

Thursday, August 30th 2012, 9:50pm

one good heart beat

Hi Chatterbox,

It a one hear beat am afraid. The scan showed a healthy heart beat going for the 8 weeks scan in 4 days!!
good luck for the all those who are TTCing and baby dust to all.
thank you all for your support.

xx
starsmile
Aibabs

Friday, August 31st 2012, 9:26am

1 heartbeat is fantastic aibabs! Congratulations!
I know you'll be thinkin of the other - I did too but without the 2 you wouldn't have the 1 ;)

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Rach_vic

Reg: Sep 4th 2012

Tuesday, September 4th 2012, 10:47pm

New

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and was wondering if I could have some advice. Me and my fiancée have been TTC for 3 years and no luck! We have been accepted for IVF funding through the nhs and have chosen Care for our provider. Does anyone know what the waiting list is for IVF patients? Thanks

Bess

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 8:31am

Hi
I understand there isn't one, but it can take some months to get all the investigations sorted if you need them. Good luck !
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 12:40pm

Welcome Rach...

As Bess said, there definately isn't a waiting lists...
It's just get all investigations done and go for it :thumbsup:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

chatterbox

Megastar

Friday, September 7th 2012, 12:05am

Welcome Rach CARE don't have a waiting list as such. As the ladies mentioned it really is about getting the relevant blood tests etc sorted first.

Stick around with us here on the CARE board :)

Xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Children: 21 year old son and 24 year old son

Thursday, September 13th 2012, 10:19pm

Hi All,
We are about to go back to Care for another donor cycle. Mr Sedlar is my hubbys best friend so I am lucky in that I have his mobile number and can drive him mad with questions !!!
I have had 8 ET's so far so hopefully this time will be lucky number nine!

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
1st ICSI BFP Mm/c 11 weeks 2008
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN
1 x FET DE cycle BFP!!!!!!!

Reg: Nov 14th 2012

Children: Babyangel Ethaniel born asleep June 2005 xxx

Wednesday, November 14th 2012, 6:32pm

Hi ladies....

We have had a recent unsuccessful cycle through St marys and are looking for a change next time, we attended the Information Evening last night but didnt get the feeling that they were that bothered about the people there? Fertility treatment is a big thing, and they just didnt seem particularly compassionate.... or have I got them wrong?

We have had a tough ride at St Marys so Im feeling a bit meoiotionally delicate about it all, maybe thats what is is.. Im not si sure.

I know that CARE at Manchester are a leading clinic and get the results, but is that because they 'choose their patients' (which is what I've read ....?)

You guys are best placed to be honest about them as you have first hand experience, but with St Marys losing my notes, diagnosing me with PCOS (apparently) but never explaining that me, and mixing up appointments for me.. all on top of the non-fertilisation of 11 eggs Im a bit jumpy about finding myself feeling like ap uiece of meat all over again...

sorry.... Im such a wimp arent I 8| :S 8| :S :)

chatterbox

Megastar

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 12:25am

Hi there Tiggaberry :hugs:

I'd forget about the patient information evening. You can go to one like Liverpool with all the mod cons and fancy slide show but you really are a number. Or you can go to one in CARE which seems a bit brusk and business like, but once you're in the hands of a consultant it's very different-in a good way! :)

If CARE choose their patients then they would not have chosen me - who statistically had it all against her. And yet here I am pregnant with my 2nd (I still can't believe it!) courtesy of their expertise.

Care tend to end up with no hopers, last resorters, and couples who've exhausted other avenues. So its not as though they cherry pick the easy cases.

Can I ask why you've decided to opt for care how many previous tx's you've had and if you've been assigned a consultant yet.

Xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 7:18am

I can only agree 100% with CB!
If they did pick patients why would they have picked me as well?
We didn't know what was wrong and I had bad eggs and 2 miscarriages :(
BUT... they've gotten me pregnant too :D :D :D

Can't wait to hear more info about yourself so we can get to know u better and advise more ;) :)

P.S... we went to the patient info evening actually within CARE's clinic and we loved it!
From that consultation my partner said that's it we aren't goin anywhere else :)

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 7:28am

Hi ladies, thanks for replying to me :-)

We are awaiting our review appointment from St Mary' where we had our 1st cycle in September (review is December) we had 11 eggs but they didn't fertilise properly, none of them, so I'm told it will be ICSI next time.

We are going to be requesting for our 2nd and last NHs funded cycle to be transferred but not sure whether to CARE or MFS at the moment. Until we went to the information evening I was thinking CARE would be the place for us as we met Dr Sedler at the Fertility Show in London and were impressed , but they just left me feeling a bit rubbish.... But maybe it was just the thought of going through it all again....

I suppose I'm looking for some positive feedback from patients as our St Mary's experience hit me pretty hard

Xxxxxxxx

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 9:35am

Could it be that u went to the information evening already knowing what they were going to tell you?
Because you'd already just had a cycle of IVF?

Maybe it'd be worthwhile paying the £180 or whatever it is to personally see Dr Sedler and have a chat with him about you and your experiences etc? That's what we did :)
We paid that money before transferring our funding so we had a better incite into what CARE could do for us .. and after the appt we loved Dr Sedler ;)

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 10:58am

Thansk Amyeliz - thats a great idea and I have just emailed my DB with the suggestion - I think it would be well worth it! :-) We met Dr Sadler last weekend at the Fertility Show and he seemed great, but obviously it was only a brief chat.... WE will hopefully also be getting hold of our notes so we coudl take them along xxxxx :thumbsup:

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:22am

hi ladies just want to ask what reasons you have to have to have your nhs cycle transferred from st marys to care manchester ive done 2 fresh cycles and 2fets at st marys with one resulting in a chemical xx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 1:01pm

tiggaberry - we did the same... I battled with my ex clinic for months trying to get my notes... at first they refused, but I didn't back down ;)
then we met Dr Sedler and had an hours consultation with him! Alot of money for a meeting, but was worth it because we left knowing where we were going and what to do next :D

linzndan - if you get funded by your pct for your cycles... its on the discretion of CARE whether they accept you...
all you can do is meet with them and ask if they would take you :) :)
id imagine with some cycles behind you & a chemical, they'll agree ;)

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

chatterbox

Megastar

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 11:44pm

I changed for different reasons and my tx was private. CARE offered the immune testing that no one else did. Well not within a 150 mile radius!
.xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Friday, November 16th 2012, 11:19am

i spoke to care yesterday and she said they would accept me but my hystereoscopy with st marys seems to be the problem xx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Friday, November 16th 2012, 12:24pm

what do you mean - a problem? :S

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

Friday, November 16th 2012, 1:18pm

the lady on the phone said if i transferred to care now and didnt have the hystereoscopy at st marys then i risk my last nhs cycle being cancelled xxx

FET oct 2011 xfingers

Friday, November 16th 2012, 3:27pm

Sounds to me like they are suggesting you should have the procedure with St Marys, and then when thats done look at transferring over.

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Gutted

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 2:15pm

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping in but I'd really like to get some feedback/advice regarding CARE.

I moved to CARE in August after 4 unsuccessful cycles at MFS (who were absolutely wonderful but just don't offer further investigations/treatment, which we felt was needed, given that we've always had top quality blastos but they have never implanted). I'm under Dr Sedler's care there who clearly knows his stuff but appears to be very disorganised and I'm now starting to get quite worried as a few things have happened that I'm not very happy about....

After having level 1 + 2 bloods done, the results of the level 1 bloods were "misplaced" and the nurses and Dr Sedler all claimed that they had not been done, despite me showing them an invoice as proof that I'd paid for them to be done (and could remember the nurses counting out the vials and taking bloods for them in addition to the Chicagos). They were insistent about it and said I needed to have them done (and pay for them) again. However, after a bit more searching, the results were found and there were lots of apologies for the confusion, although nobody accepted that they were actually lying to me in terms of the tests already being being done and paid for.

So, once the results were sorted, Dr Sedler then said he wanted to do another luteal phase scan - after this, we would start treatment. We had originally agreed that treatment could start in October but the whole faff with blood results being lost meant that the scan wasn't scheduled until October and so treatment would be delayed by one month. I wasn't particularly impressed as he could have done the scan in September at the same time as the bloods. Another hint at how disorganised he is but I let it go.

After the scan, I was told Dr Sedler would contact me to discuss the results so treatment could be started in November as planned. I waited but got no call so chased weekly. On the 20th November, I received a prescription for buserelin - I had to start the next day! No needles or sharps bin and no instructions (my previous cycles have been on the short protocol so was unfamiliar with buserelin). I called the nurses who were very apologetic and helpful, so I eventually got started - they said they would follow-up with Dr Sedler and make sure I got my full protocol soon so that I was aware of what was going to happen next (I will be on full immunes so there's lots going on in my protocol this time). I've been DRing for 11 days now and still haven't received my protocol. I called the clinic yesterday (as it was Day 1 and the ladies on FZ said that the clinic may want to do a baseline scan) and the nurse told me that Dr Sedler has written 'Cycle Start January 2013' on the front of my file so I am not on the nurses radar at all - she even asked me if I was sure I was already DRing! I explained my history to the nurse and she said she will follow up with Dr Sedler and get back to me. Given this, I'm really worried that I'm not going to get my protocol sorted and am currently DRing for nothing.

I'm trying not to get too worried or upset and am trying to reassure myself that they know what they are doing and all will be fine, but I'm really struggling. My experience with them so far has been nothing but disorganised chaos.

Have any of you ladies experienced anything similar with CARE? I guess I'm looking for some kind of assurance that this is the way they appear on the surface but when it comes down to it, they really pull their socks up and deliver. I just don't feel confident that I can trust them to look after me - I'm going to be a nervous wreck if I make it to EC!

many thanks in advance for any words of advice/support.

Connie

MY DIARY

chatterbox

Megastar

Monday, December 3rd 2012, 9:11pm

Hi Constance

No wonder you're fraught! I did have a similar experience with Mr Sadler on this particular tx 8| He sent out the wrong protocol twice and then signed us up for ICSI we didn't need. So I don't think administration is his strong point!

I had previously been under Mr Patel and chose to go back under him once he was back off sick leave. He was my assigned "immune" specialist.. You could always ask for a second opinion or to speak to Mr Patel.

I think you'd be perfectly within your rights to ask for a meeting with Mr Sadler to discuss your concerns. In fact you'd be crazy not to.

But all that aside.... They do deliver the goods. Don't feel bad about staying on their backs about your protocol and the stimms phase.. Ring twice a day if you have to!

The other thing that often works is a strongly worded or heart felt letter / email. They're very difficult to ignore as they will have a protocol that dictates response within a certain number of days.

Stay strong - you're a paying customer and you deserve a certain level of service and care.

Keep is informed as to how you get on. :hugs:

Xxxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE