You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 8:29pm

Hi m+d

I am under Mr Sedler too and he is great!! Glad your appointment went well and that you are good to go with your tx in Jan!!

The differences with the long/short protocols are with the long you have to down regulate first before you start stimming! In other words you are shutting down your body's normal cycle!! The long protocol can take 6 weeks plus i think! With short, you go straight on to stimms and from starting injections to test day it is only about 4 weeks!!!

I think AMH is testing for your ovarian reserve/egg quality! I not 100% sure on this but i'm sure someone will be along to advice you!

xxxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

m+d

Reg: Sep 13th 2010

Children: 3 children with previous partner

Wednesday, October 6th 2010, 9:01pm

Thanx gemma, i felt so silly when i got home for not asking while i was there :) hope your 2nd icsi goes well sending you lots of babydust xxxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, October 15th 2010, 6:16pm

I'm being put back another month due to a clotting issue, so on metformin for a month to stabilise. I know you've asked around already M+D but AMH is a measure of your ovarian reserve. The lower the number, theoretically the harder it is to stimulate your ovaries and the lower your response rate. That been said, women with levels as low as 1.5 have been successfully treated and now have babies!

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Rico

Reg: Jun 5th 2010

What's Up?
OFSTED is over!!! We're good, good, good! :)

Saturday, October 16th 2010, 9:18pm

:wave: Hi Chatterbox, sorry to hear that you are being put back another month!! It can be very frustrating :headache - hope you are ok? :flowers:

My Diary

1 IVF/ICSI failed to fertilise May 10 :bawl:
2: IVF/ICSI October10 (BFN) :sniff:
3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
4: Full fresh ICSI/SSR/IVF Feb 12 xfingers :BFN: :tear:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:
Our miracle is here bab22 30/6/14 :thumbsup2:

m+d

Sunday, October 17th 2010, 10:28pm

hope your ok chatterbox, as youve said your tx has been put back a month that cant be easy for you sending you big hugsxxxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Monday, October 25th 2010, 4:08pm

Being put back a month has actually been a good thing. Everything works out as its meant to. My work schedule is a lot calmer next month, so I was able to pencil in a few days here and there for EC & ET xfingers I get that far. The downside is there's more time to panic about what can go wrong/not work etc :snigger:

hope eveyone's well?

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Rico

What's Up?

Monday, October 25th 2010, 6:39pm

hi All,

Well I acctually got to ET today so am officially PUPO :weehee: - which is great - still not convinced Care is a great place am saddled with over 400 worth of drugs because they sent me too many :rant: and then had the cheek to say - oh sorry we don't take them back!!!! :thumbdown:

Feeling rather let down by them really - although if my embies make it obviously they will be the best place in the whole world!!! [zx055]

Glad that things are going to work out for you chatterbox - good luck :xxx3:

My Diary

3: IVF/ICSI Feb 11 - OMG a very cautious :BFP: :bawl: Another little soul lost M/C 7 weeks :bawl:
5: :goodnews: IM Barcelona for DE Oct/Nov 13 - :BFP: :heart: seen many times :loony:

Can

Ace

Reg: May 24th 2010

Monday, October 25th 2010, 10:28pm

Hey Rico congrats at being PUPO..

Hello lovely ladies, think i will be joining you weve just had our 1 an only NHS go at St Marys, only had the one egg so now we've got to go private, as i live in Bolton, care looks like the best option for us, We need a review appointment first at St Marys been told could be up to 8 weeks!!! we need our file, then blood tests wont need to be repeated so hopefully will be a little bit cheaper. So looks like dec we'll go to see care an then hopfully jan,feb for treatment..

Look forward to sharing this journey with you.

love can xx

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

Rico

What's Up?

Tuesday, October 26th 2010, 12:31pm

Hi Can, (Thanks)

Don't get me wrong Care have been professional all the way - but as you are paying for it i expect better sometimes and to be left with lots of drugs that i don't need is very frustrating - the staff especially the nurses have all been wonderful - also i think they have a satalite clinic in Bolton so that would be really easy for you - its a pain in the neck for us to travel each time!!!!

Hope you get sorted soon xx

My Diary

m+d

Thursday, October 28th 2010, 11:14pm

hi rico would you be able to sell what meds you have left there is a website where a lot of ladies whove had treatment and any meds left over sell Care_Girls@yahoogroups.co.uk hope that helps. sending you lots of sticky baby dust rico xxx
Hope everyone else is ok

*****website not endorsed by FZ*****

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chatterbox" (Oct 29th 2010, 12:51pm)

Rico

What's Up?

Friday, October 29th 2010, 11:13am

Thanks M and D will look into that!! As hopefully wont need any after this!!!

My Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Friday, October 29th 2010, 12:54pm

Congratulations on being PUPU Rico.

I've got drugs left over from my last cycle (20 amps of menopur!!) and luckily CARE are happy to let me use them for this one. I also calculated that if I was on only 4 amps I'd have got half my stimms out of them :smile: but as I'm on 6 a day it'll only last me 3 days :sadface:

Hope you get some positive feedback at your review candice.

blowkiss

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Rico

What's Up?

Friday, October 29th 2010, 2:56pm

Hi Chatterbox,

Its not that i have drugs left over its that they sent me almost (and charged me) double the amount!!!

I'm hoping not to need any more but i'll probably keep them for now just in case!

I'm suprised they've put you on so much menopur - have you tried gonal F? this worked far better for me than the menour as i was on 6 the first round!

My Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 11:20am

Started my jabbing yesterday and up in CARE on Saturday for a day 7 scan... anyone else about that day? Long shot I know! :D

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Can

Ace

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 2:06pm

Exciting chatterbox, we've got our appointment with dr Harris on 3rd dec.. Dropped off all the forms earlier today..Not going to miss the drive to st marys at all, Bolton care is only 5 mins away.. Can't wait to get started again..

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 10th 2009

Children: Approved to adopt January 2012

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 10:10pm

CAN, where exactly is the satellite clinic in Bolton. We're in Blackkburn so would come through Egerton, and I think it would be a darn site easier than travelling to Manchester every day foor a scan xxx

Can

Ace

Wednesday, November 17th 2010, 11:03pm

Hi demi, it's in Beaumont hospital on chorley new road.. From egerton go down Blackburn rd turn right on to moss bankway (A58) follow that road all the way straight over the roundabout go through a set of lights then at the next set of lights at the bottom of steep hill turn right to horwich it's about 1/4 of a mile on your right.. hope this makes sense xx

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Friday, November 19th 2010, 11:18am

Thanks hun, that's brilliant. It''ll be much easier foor us to get to. I'll show his maj later and see what he thinks xxx

babe1975

Reg: Nov 21st 2010

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 12:11pm

! care manchester !

i have only finished ivf treatment with care manchester, dont mean to get anybody down but i found there services really bad!! yes i paid for it privatley, they will promise you the moons stars and sky WHAT A JOKE!!... i recieved nothing but hell from start to finish. really do not trust them, they tried to blame me on forgetting drugs, that they are supposed to subscribe for me. there anaesthetist sorry to say but is a butcher, i was left in agonising pain, where she put the needle in in veins in my wrist 3 times on my left arm, and twice in my right arm, and the consultant said thats one of their best anaesthetists. and on top of that embryology i had 2 embryologists, one that said my embryo was excellent quality, and the other said it was borderline..how fair was that? they put me under a hell of a lot of stress,. i just couldnt believe it. my personal opinion it seems majority of the staff were never going to be major players.......and please please please if you are gonna use care manchesterplease ask questions as to how good their clinic is mark my words they will tell u how good care is as a whole, they will tell you how good all other clinics are on their website but you will find it very hard to find anything bad said about care manchester because nobody wants to use them plz be carefull when you pick ur clinic

** moderator note - please note that all members are responsible for their own posts and views expressed here are not those of FZ **

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 8:13pm

I'm really sorry to hear that this is the experience you've hads with them. I can honestly say that our experience has been the exact opposite. I trust them completely and they've been overly helpful and caring with both DH and I. Sprry to disagree, but I can't compliment or recommend them highly enough, and wouldn't want to try again with any other clinic

chatterbox

Megastar

Sunday, November 21st 2010, 10:51pm

I'm also very sorry to hear that you've had a negative experience at CARE. I've personally found them to be very thorough with regards to testing and investigations, although I cannot comment on EC/ET treatments as yet.

I hope that your tx is successful hun. xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Can

Ace

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 12:41pm

I'm so glad you two have had good experiences I was so worried after Reading that.. Thanx
Can't wait to get started now.

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 17th 2008

Children: 21 year old son and 24 year old son

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 12:56pm

I have to have my say here as well. I have just had tx at Care as most of you know and I found all the staff lovely and well educated which means I have total faith in everything they said. They all went above and beyond to help me and make me feel at ease especailly as I have had 2 hospital stays with Ohss ( from another clinic) and was incrediby nervous about the ec. I found that the Cons took care in explaining everything even the odds only being 5% for us. I would always wanted to know where I stood. As for the embryos unless you have them screened ( as we did) they have no way of knowing whether they will be ok or not. Sometimes it is the ones that dont look perfect that are, and that came from the cons.
I had a really great ec and didnt suffer from ohss for the first time ever, however I did get an infection and spent a week in hospital but even then I cannot fault Care. It was just one of those things that they warn you about with ec and I was unfortunate but the whole time I was in Hospital in Leeds the nurses and cons rang me and the ward everyday to see how I was and if they could help in anyway so I cant fault them in their aftercare.
Everyone has different experiences and I think everyone should make up their own mind about the clinic. I think to push your views and experience that strongly on other people is wrong.

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
1st ICSI BFP Mm/c 11 weeks 2008
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN
1 x FET DE cycle BFP!!!!!!!

Demi

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 1:17pm

Have too say I agree Nicole. I feel like I've just been shouted at there for daring t state my opinion. On my first cycke with CARE, I developed OHSS after EC, through no fault oof theirs, and they rang twice a day every day to speak to DH to see how I was doing, and also spoke on several occasions to the coonsultant who was dealing with me at our local hospital, fillijg them in on all the drugs/proocedures I had had, and making sure that I was ok. I do agree that the theatre is small, but, othher than walking in there and a few minuyes for them too goo through stuff with me, I don't remember anything else about it, and surely, as long as they have enough room to do whatever they need to do, then it's not really an issue. As foor the building, it's a beautiful old building which has been adapted internally foor the purpose of a clinic. DH and I have always said hoow beautifully bright and clean it is, hoow lovely the staff are, and how ate ease we've been put. I've never experienced Allison beong nasty with me, she does have quite a posh accent, but, is the only one who can ever get blood from me first time as I'm a bit of a nightmare. She's always made a bit of a joke about it with us, and then gone on to get blood from my hand after another nurse will have tried, without joy, 5 or 6 times. As foor the drugs, we were told by the clinic, then by the operator fro the drugs company, and then on the paperwork that came with them on delivery, that we should immediately check what had been delivered against their packing notes and the protocol which CARE sent out to us, and report any discrepencies/shortages immediately too either CARE or HCAH. And I have too point out, that we are NHS patients, and have never been made to feel that we are inferior or less important than the paying clients in any way shape or form, which is something that I was expecting. A pleasant surprise.

I am sorry that you've had a horrible experience, but the rest of us can only go off the treatment and care that we've recieved. As Nicole says, it is not always the embryos that ''look good' that take. On our first cycle we had 2 grade 1 embys replaced, the 2nd 2 grade 2, each time with no luck. Our cons has told us that it can sometimes be the ones that look rubbish that will goo allthe way, but without testing (which costs over 2K) before ET,, there is no way of knowing.

I hope you get your BFP, but please don't be angry with us simply for having our own opinions.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Demi" (Nov 22nd 2010, 1:20pm)

United Kingdom

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 1:30pm

Hi
I don't mean to speak out of turn but I don't think typing in capitals is acceptable. I agree with Demi I feel like I feel like I have been shouted at.
I also think that if you feel that strongly about your tx at Care maybe you should change clinics. Ivf is hard enough without being unhappy with your care, Maybe another clinic will meet your needs better than Care have done. I am sorry that you have had a bad time and I hope you get the result you want from the tx. I am staying with Care even after everything I have been through and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone els

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN

BraveGirl

Superstar

• "BraveGirl" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Feb 15th 2008

Children: One on the way.

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 1:47pm

I am sorry you did not get on with some of the staff. I think educated staff is a bonus! surely you would not trust something so important as IVF to uneducated people!?

As for forgetting to take your drugs or them not being there, you have to take some responsibility. We are all given written protocols by our clinics and we need to check our drugs when they arrive and then check we are injecting the right drugs at the right time. Personally, I think your were verty lucky they were even willing to do egg collection with you as they could easily have just cancelled the cycle and you would have lost your money. When spending £5000 I would expect people to be more careful about their drugs and protocol to make sure they are doing it correctly.

As for the problems getting blood etc, it may be that your veins are hard to use. I know that mine are and often it takes 2-3 goes to get a needle in. This is not the fault of Care, nor is it your fault. its just one of those things.

As for the grading of the embryo, given the error with drugs, its good you had an embryo at all. I hope its a sticky one and you get your BFP. Maybe then you will see what a good job Care has done,. If you dont, then maybe try another clinic next time where you will feel more comfortable.

For others at Care Manchester, please note babes1975 is only ONE person and ONE experience, so do not put too much stock in it.
IVF 1 :BFP: baby5 in heaven 6 weeks
IVF 5 :BFP: Immune protocol Care Sheffield
Oscar Miles arrived 15 April 2011 weighing 6lbs 14oz
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Flic" (Nov 23rd 2010, 9:28am)

babe1975

Reg: Nov 21st 2010

Monday, November 22nd 2010, 5:53pm

! care manchester !

]i am very sorry if u thought i was shouting at you bravegirl but sorry i am very angry at care m\cr i am 35 yrs old, i have done ivf once b4 and been with st mary's 7 yrs previous so reporting me does not help . i had ectopic last yr . i done induction for 7 yrs and never felt that way . like you say ivf is hard enough but care has scarred me for life . i am not the only 1 who thinks like this . you have to understand they told me on the day of implant it was borderline and 4 cells .. and 4 days later told me its grade 3 embryo which has a 15/20% chance of pregnancy. they claimed they made a mistake and these things happen, and they couldnt be more apologetic..so how do you expect me to feel? im so sad because next thursday i take the pregnancy test, but in the back of my mind that 15/20% chance is gonna stay there now, if i was 40 yrs of age or more i wouldnt be so bothered, because thats the average a 40 yr old+ can expect....i wont be staying on this fertility zone anyway, im gonna wait until next week and then i will spread the word!!! im hoping i will eat my words and i will praise care next week if its a positive result, but for now they have made me feel so negative about the outcome...and feeling so low.......

** moderator note - please note that all members are responsible for their own posts and views expressed here are not those of FZ **

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Flic" (Nov 23rd 2010, 9:27am)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Tuesday, November 23rd 2010, 9:25am

It has come to our attention that some of you have been offended by recent posts. We would like to refer members to the following, from our terms of use:

Please remember that although members are welcome to add their personal experiences of individual hospitals or birth centres on this board, they must NOT post messages naming any member of staff at that hospital or birth centre. When referring to a member of staff, please ensure you only ever refer to them as the 'doctor,' 'nurse' etc.

Please also bear in mind that members can (and may be) held legally responsible for any comments posted by them which are considered to be of a slanderous or defamatory nature.

FZ will remove or edit any content posted to any forum at any time and for any reason

We would also ask you to remember that posting in capitals is regarded as shouting and any posts made all in caps will be edited or removed.
This aside, you are all welcome to your opinion and can discuss negative experiences as well as positive ones - providing that you adhere to the terms of use. We have edited the previous few posts and kindly request that we draw a line under this and move on.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

chatterbox

Megastar

Monday, November 29th 2010, 3:47pm

Well I'm being monitored very very well at CARE. By Wed I will have had 4 scans in about 10 days, with bloods taken at every point to monitor hormones. My consultant was flexible enough to change my tx plan half way through to optimise my outcome and so far it has worked. He was also gracious enough to listen to my concerns and rather than sending a nurse to fill me in, he made a point of keeping his diary clear to see me on Friday and this morning.

The nursing staff can be a little brusk, but they are dealing with a large volume of patients each day and have to make sure that everyone is seen as close to their appointment time as possible. Something I value highly when I'm travelling a long way and have to get back for work.

ANYWAY! I'm up there on Wednesday morning - anyone about :D

xxxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Rico

What's Up?

Monday, November 29th 2010, 7:21pm

Good for you Chatterbox, glad it is going well - i'll be there for a review meeting next wednesday 8th!

My Diary

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Monday, November 29th 2010, 7:44pm

Ooh i am so glad that most of you ladies have had a great experience at CARE i am due to have my NHS cycle there in Jan and when i read some of the bad feedback posts i paniced a little i must admit, but you all have set my mind at ease now fewwwww.

For those doing the cycle now good luck and xfingers for lots of BFP's xxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

Rico

What's Up?

Monday, November 29th 2010, 7:48pm

Hi Mistykins,

Don't worry you will be fine - there will be 'little' problems in all hospitals and really most of CARE have been great!

Good luck, may see you around hoing to try again late Jan/Feb!!

My Diary

Monday, November 29th 2010, 7:56pm

Hi Rico thanks for that and good luck with your go Jan/Feb hun xxxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Trying very hard

Monday, November 29th 2010, 8:10pm

Unbeliveable....I have witnessed this first hand in the CARE waiting room! I know excatly who babe1975 is after reading this!

So happy to read everybody elses posts about your positive experiences with CARE...mine too have all been brilliant! They have gone above and beyond with the things they have done for us so far and we will certainly be using them again for our next cycle!

xxxx

5 cycles (3 xICSI, 2 x FET) All BFN
3 x cycles (2 x ICSI, 1 x FET) with basic immunes-All BFN
First appointment with Dr Gorgy-2nd April 2013-discussed another cycle using LIT and Humira. More tests done...awaiting results.

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 17th 2010

Children: in working progress.

Monday, November 29th 2010, 9:51pm

I'm not with Care, but i would just like to say, its a little childish for someone to say they wont use this site again because people are not argeeing with what they say. We all have our opinions and by posting a message you are expecting a reply wether it be posative or negative.
I think this site is brilliant, it has helped me so many times over the past months since joining.
Thank you to all who take the time to listen and to support others.

love and wishes with all your journeys, dont let negative people lead to bad thoughts.xxxxxxxxxxxxx
1st ICSI - July 2011 :BFN: :tear:

Praying for our dream to come true :angel2:

linzi1 :xxx3:

chatterbox

Megastar

Wednesday, December 1st 2010, 5:15pm

Indeed. And with that 'tis time to move on ladies! HAPPY THOUGHTS NOW! biggrin2

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: Hoping

Friday, December 3rd 2010, 10:45pm

HI Can

How did you meeting at Care go today?

Catxx
Catherine xx

1st ICSI April 2010, FET Oct 2010 :BFN:
2nd ICSI Jan 2011 :BFP: M/C Chemical Pregnancy :tear:
3rd ICSI Dec 2011 :BFN:
DIUI June 2012 :2ww

MY DIARY

Can

Ace

Saturday, December 4th 2010, 9:04am

Hi Cat, Went really well he was so nice we were able to tell him about most of our test results but really needs to see our file which st Marys are really slow at getting to us,could be another month!! So got another appointment with him on 14 th Jan so we won't be trying again now till feb!!! He asked why were we sent straight there an not to Leigh first because they would of tried other things before sending us straight to St marys.. That was our doctors why we went straight there he said he didn't know anything about infertility..... I had been asked by friends who were sent there why weren't we.. He said it might be a good idea to write to our PCT.. Mikes gonna get a letter together, can only see what they say.. Told him about St marys doin private now an he didn't know, but it made our minds up to go with CARE.. Feb will hopefully be here in know time.. We've just booked a last min hol to the Maldives hopefully this will be the last time we can go somewhere like this we go on Thursday can't wait.. Thanx for finding me!
How've you been doing?
When do you try again?
Love can xx

ME 32&DH 31
TTC 3 YRS
1st ICSI OCT 2010 BFN!
2nd ICSI Feb 2011 BFN!

chatterbox

Megastar

Sunday, December 5th 2010, 8:44pm

I had my EC on Saturday performed my Mr Atkinson and it was text book. No discomfort, no bleeding, lovely nursing staff and a menu to choose from after the procedure!!! Oh and they were wonderfully generous with the sedation too! biggrin2 my fav bit. It was a thoroughly relaxed affair. It may have been because there were only 3 of us in for EC and I was last on the list at 10.30am, but everyone was so easy going - just my kind of set up.

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

CocaCola

Reg: Nov 15th 2010

Monday, December 6th 2010, 10:21am

Hi everyone,

Hope you don't mind me joining you on here - we recently had our initial consultation at St Mary's and were reffered for IVF but the waiting list for Trafford PCT is currently 2 years so we have decided to go to Care. Just waiting for our appt to come through but I was told there was only a 5 week wait and then no wait for IVF? Can anyone tell me what to expect? I just want them to hurry up and send me my appointment - I'm excited, nervous and petrified all at the same time!!!

xxx

chatterbox

Megastar

Tuesday, December 7th 2010, 5:20pm

Hi CocaCola
They'll want you to do a raft of blood tests, some hormonal but others for HIV hep A & B. These have to be current (less than 12 months old). They will possibly do a semen analysis on your partner (unless you already know you have male factor issues?).

After that it will be pretty much decide on your protocol whether it be long (with a down regulation of about 3 weeks prior to stimulation) or short which relies on piggy backing your own natural hormonal cycle. These can be dependent on your age, hormones and expected response to the drug regime.
All of your feelings are totally normal!

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

CocaCola

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 9:51am

Hi Chatterbox,

Thanks for your reply.

We already know that the issues are related to my partner - he had testicular cancer - and our Doctor has sent us a refferal letter to give to Care which includes his recent semen analysis so hopefully we shouldn't have to do that again. I've not had any tests yet so I will definitely need the blood tests doing - oh joy! (I'm not good with needles but sounds like I will have to get used to it!!!!)

Still waiting for them to post us our appointment date. I'm so impatient I wish they would hurry up!!!

xxx

Reg: Oct 16th 2009

Children: Hoping

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 9:51pm

Hi Can

Glad it went well last week for you and DH, hopefully you will be getting some good news in Feb!

Take care and enjoy your holiday, I am so jealous!!!!

Catxx
Catherine xx

1st ICSI April 2010, FET Oct 2010 :BFN:
2nd ICSI Jan 2011 :BFP: M/C Chemical Pregnancy :tear:
3rd ICSI Dec 2011 :BFN:
DIUI June 2012 :2ww

MY DIARY

Wednesday, December 8th 2010, 10:55pm

Hi cocacola- i went on the trafford pct waiting list last Oct and got told 2-3 years!! no way i was waiting that long so we had a private go at MFS in July got a BFN, but our free go has come around alot earlier only waited 1 year and we have our 1st consul on Tuesday and should start treatment at CARE mid Jan. So you may not be waiting as long as they have said hun hopefully xfingers

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

CocaCola

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 10:18am

That's great news Mistykins. We have an appt at Care on 11th Jan (11/1/11 - hoping it's a sign?!) so if that doesn't work hopefully we won't have to wait too long for our NHS appt to come around.

Lots of luck for your appt next week, hope everything goes well.

xxx

Thursday, December 9th 2010, 9:44pm

Cocacola- good luck for your appointment ope all the one's in that date are a good sign xfingers . Come over and join us in the Febuary thred i know it's early, but we all have no patience and have started it now :chortle: . We don't have a name as yet are waiting for more to join first, but look forward to seeing you there lovely xx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

chatterbox

Megastar

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 1:27am

That date sounds verrrry promising hun :snigger:

:xxx:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr

July 08 BFN

July 09 BFN

United Kingdom

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 8:57am

Hi all,
I will be up at Care again in Jan. I have got my protocol for my fet so just waiting for af and then its Buserelin on day 21 and I am off again on this rollercoaster!!!!
Good luck to everyone else being treated at Care and Chatterbox I have it all crossed for you that this ia your time hun xfingers xfingers

Me 45 DF 44
1 m/c 2004
4 ICSI x 4 BFN[/color
2 x DE cycle BFN
2x FET DE cycle BFN

Sunday, December 12th 2010, 5:58pm

Hey girls got my 1st consult/tests at CARE on Tuesday this is my 2nd cycle of icsi, but my last one was at MFS do you think CARE will want the files from MFS or will all these bloods,scans and samples on Tuesday mean we are starting from scratch do you think? :mmmmmm xxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

Tuesday, December 14th 2010, 7:47pm

Well had my 1st consult today at CARE and got a really good vibe from them. The head consultant was lovely and went through everything in detail and all the nurses were very friendly. Am offically excited to get going again now happydance happydance .

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE