You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Joey

• "Joey" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 28th 2007

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 10:10am

Hull Fertility Clinic

Anyone any thoughts on IVF at Hull Fertility clinic please ?

• "philippa_s" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Jan 12th 2008

Tuesday, April 22nd 2008, 11:28am

RE: Hull Fertility Clinic

Hi Joey

I had treatment there and can't recommend it highly enough. We even stayed with them once we had moved to manchester.

The pros are it is really friendly unit, staff are excellent, especially Prof Killick and Denise, one of the nurses. They really looked after me. Also, it is a relatively new unit and all equipment is new.

The cons are that it is a small clinic, think they only deal with 10 cycles each week, and therefore sometimes can be a bit inflexible.
Also, they didn't seem keen when I requested my prescription to get my own drugs but actually turned out they were giving an excellent deal anyway.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

P x
2 gorgeous girls and 1 on the way

Reg: Nov 30th 2009

Children: twin boys

Friday, January 15th 2010, 3:53pm

Hello,

I am currently having treatment with Hull and cannot recommend them highly enough, I also agree that prof Killick and Denise are fab. EC was today and hoping for my BFP

From Shell
TTC for no 1 for 3 years
ICSI Dec '09 - 1 egg collected - did not fertilise.
ICSI no 2 July '10 - BFP! Oscar 2.2lb and Zack 2.9lb born 17.1.11 - 12 weeks early, tiny but perfect xxx

steph123

Reg: Jan 27th 2010

Wednesday, January 27th 2010, 9:28pm

hello. i am about to start my first ICSI cycle this month woth hull ivf unit. They are very friendly. professor killick is the best!

tessie

Saturday, February 27th 2010, 3:22pm

I've had two cycles there over a number of years (at both the old and new locations) and highly recommend the service.

kd40

Ace

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: One cheeky boy

Monday, April 5th 2010, 7:59pm

I had treatment there and they are absolutly lovley - Prof Killick and the embrologist Annabel were so wonderful and everybody was so supportive - even when I rang for advice in a blind panic! - The waiting room is great - like you set out of a hospital and into a nice room with music coffe and magazines :)
:BFP: Dec 2009 - IVF 1st try - our little miracle!
:BFP: June 2011 - Natural - another complete miracle - fingers crossed all is ok

Reg: Sep 30th 2010

Thursday, September 30th 2010, 5:25pm

I agree with you all!

we are having our first IVF Cycle with them. All the staff have been very supportive and friendly.

we are now at the 2ww stage and keeping our figures crossed for a BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!
ME 29 (no ovulation)
DH 30 perfect
TTC 4yrs

1st IVF - started Aug 2010 :BFP: awaiting 7wk scan :pray:

Reg: Jan 10th 2012

Children: None

Sunday, January 22nd 2012, 3:13pm

Hull IVF Clinic

Any lovely ladies having treatment @ Hull IVF unit (HRI)

Just wondering if you'd like to share your experiences? :smile:

I'm currently on my first ICSI cycle (& hopefully last) xfingers

xXx

1st IVF cycle Feb 2012 :BFN: :sniff:

2nd IVF cycle July 2012 :BFP: bab22

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 23rd 2012, 9:54pm

Hiya, not sure if there are many there at the mo but from what I've read and heard they're really good :D

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Tuesday, January 24th 2012, 9:10pm

Thanks Flic,

It does seem really quiet at the clinic which I'm not sure is a good thing or not. Staff have been lovely & helpful so far xfingers it continues :smile:

xXx

Anon2128

Reg: Feb 16th 2012

Thursday, February 16th 2012, 9:00pm

Hello!! I am cycling now too -IVF or ICSI, what stage are you at? Would be great to have a buddy xx

Saturday, February 18th 2012, 3:17pm

Hello Anon,

I've just seen your reply. What stage are you at? Is it your first cycle?

I've actually had my ET today so I'm hopefully well on my way to a :BFP: xfingers xfingers xfingers The nurse @ the clinic told me today they're having a run of positives tests & I'm :pray: it continues.......

Can't believe how quick it's past, it only feels like a few days ago when I was starting treatment. The staff at the clinic have been so lovely, making things much easier to deal with....

I was suppose to be having ICSI treatment but we managed to produce enough good follies to go half ICSI & IVF. My IVF embyo reached blasto stage which is what we had transfered...

If there is anything I can help with give me a shout. I've been cycling with the fruitful febs on here. The girls have been great support & I would recommend you join a cycle depending on what stage you are at? I believe the march & april cycle buddies are up & running.....

Wishing you lot's of luck with your journey xXx

Reg: Jul 7th 2010

Children: one on the way

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 9:45am

Hi I never realised this thread was here. I'm at hull IVF. I'm in the 2ww of my 2nd cycle. I agree the staff are lovely :) sazlou are you cycling again now??? I wonder if I've seen you in the waiting room??

Are there anymore hull IVFers out there?

Xxx

MY DIARY

She fears to hope because disappointment is standing outside the nearest door - and yet she never gives up.

13xclomid 2009-2010 3xClomid 2011 all :BFN:
1st IVF January 2011 :BFN:

IVF #2 March/April 2012 :BFN:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE