You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Tuesday, October 13th 2009, 10:35pm

Thanks Elisa. Will let you know how it goes! xx

MinnaMoo

Reg: Aug 20th 2009

Children: JR Oxford

Thursday, October 22nd 2009, 10:19am

Hi everyone,

I had my HSG peperwork come through in September, unfortunately they didn't have an appointment available then. I've just started another cycle today and phoned to see if they can book me in for my HSG next Tuesday (since Tuesdays are the only days they do HSG) but once again they are fully booked.

I have a freind in London who went private, and said that she was booked in for an HSG on her first cycle of enquiring. DH and I have just signed up with Bupa, so how do I go about going private? I'm just so confused about the whole process? I just want to get the HSG over and done with as soon as possible. ?(
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
x

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 8:36am

Hey there,

We are looking at changing to the OFU from Bath Clinic where we have had two failed ICSI attempts.

How is it being on a business park? Sounds bizare to me but willing to give anything a go for a little one!!!

Any feedback (good or bad) would be appreciated.

We would be potentially using Swindon GWH as the satellite so not too many visits to the OFU.

xxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

csam

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 9:42am

Quoted

Originally posted by jools1978

How is it being on a business park? Sounds bizare to me but willing to give anything a go for a little one!!!

xxx

Hiya, it is a little strange being on the business park! (the parking is free though!), it doesn't feel as intimate somehow.But they do have great success rates, so I guess you can't have it all.

They do always seem to be busy, and I always saw someone different each time, but I had a lot of faith in them, so I didn't really mind the less than personal touch.That said the staff are nice though.

Good luck

xxxx

Reg: Oct 21st 2008

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 1:07pm

Thanks Csam, I see you have been succesful with them!! COngratulations. We can only afford one more cycle (self funding) so I hope OFU do it for us too!!!

Free parking is fab as you have to save them pennies when you are paying around £5k for treatment!!!

xxxx
1st ICSI -May 2009 BFN
2nd ICSI -Oct 2009 BFN
Took a break
3rd ICSI - Dec 2010 - BFP - Ruby born 13th September 2011

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 6:01pm

We're just about to have our 2nd run at ICSI.
First was a self funded run with OFU @ the JR back in March/April.

This one will be an NHS funded one at OFU @ Business Park.

Hopefully this will be the one that works!

So, for those of you that have been the old JR Unit and the new Business Park unit... how does it compare? Same staff? Same treatments?

We've so far been dealing with Kate and she's been great, calling back when she said she would, answering our questions etc.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Reg: Apr 9th 2009

Tuesday, November 10th 2009, 6:23pm

Hi Mr C,

The new OFU at the business park is (from the people I saw there) the same staff and I presume the same treatments. They were as friendly & helpful as ever. It is a flashy new building and it did feel a little strange not being on a hospital site but a 'business park', but it is what they do there that matters really. It is quite easy to find as well and no parking fee!

Good luck with it all.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP
FET Jan 10 :BFP:
bab11 Alexander James 17/10/10

2nd FET Feb 13 :BFN:

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Reg: Dec 1st 2009

Children: 1 ds

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 4:51pm

OFU - question about dates

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie waiting to start ICSI. We attended the open evening at OFU last night. Sorry if this sounds really stupid but I am a bit confused about when I will start down regulation.

I called them today and booked the consent meeting for 14th Jan as instructed, and they will do the baseline scan on the same day (this will be day 8 of my cycle). Will I then have to wait for my next period to call on day 1 so that I can down regulate on day 21 in Feb or could I start down regulating on Jan (day 21 of that cycle). I'm guessing they can't do anything antil we sign the consent forms

?(

Many thanks
1st ICSI - 1 blasto transferred 8th March 2010 (4 blasto frosties left)
19th March 2010 - :BFP:
Baby boy born 22/11/10
2nd ICSI with PGD - 1 blasto transferred 18th June (3 frosties left)
29th June .......

Reg: Sep 7th 2009

Children: Oxford

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 6:19pm

One tip when dealing with the Oxford Clinic

They will assume that you will be ordering the drugs from their preferred supplier, in fact they won't even ask you they will just make out a prescription and send it to the drug company to be delivered to your home and expect you to pay the drug companies extortionate rates.

If you ask about sourcing your own drugs they are reluctant to let you get the drugs from anywhere other than the company they use, in fact I would say they were doing the hard sell. Be insistent and ask for a private prescription that can be used at the John Radcliffe Hospital where the costs are much less. For example a 900IU Gonal-F pen (their drug of choice) is quoted at over £250 from their supplier but we paid just £155 each at the John Radcliffe Hospital Pharmacy.

The clinic will probably tell you that you can't get your drugs there as the clinic is not based in the hospital any more, this is complete nonsense as the John Radcliffe Hospital Pharmacy will dispense private prescriptions for any recognised Oxfordshire medical practice including the fertility clinic as we have just done that ourselves and in fact have done it in the past with prescriptions from the private Manor hospital.

The only thing about using the John Radcliffe NHS Pharmacy is they will not give you prices before they dispense the drugs. Very weird I know, but if for some reason the price is not good enough then you can choose not to accept the order when they ask for payment. Either drop your prescription off in the morning and go back later to collect or be prepared to wait an hour. If you are traveling a long distance then remember to take a cool bag and freezer block with you to keep the Gonal-F and Ovitrelle chilled on the journey home.

**The John Radcliffe Hospital Pharmacy no longer accept prescriptions from the Oxford Fertility Unit.**

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Polly Pocket" (Mar 20th 2010, 9:59am)

BB77

Ace

Thursday, December 3rd 2009, 8:36am

Thanks overthehill, really useful info - we are lucky enough to get this cycle funded by the PCT so hopefully we won't be paying for drugs but good to know for the future. Good luck with you Tx
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Friday, December 4th 2009, 2:35pm

BB77, I managed to book in for the same cycle as the one when they did my baseline scan, so you never know. The clinic does get busy, so it may not be possible to book in until your next cycle, or you may have to DR for a bit longer, but it is always worth asking. ... I did!
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Monday, December 7th 2009, 1:40pm

Thanks Elisa, I have come to terms with the fact that we probably won't start till Feb so any sooner will be a bonus, i will definitly ask on the 14th and see what they say :smile:
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Reg: Dec 16th 2009

Wednesday, December 16th 2009, 3:29pm

trying in Oxford

Hi Everyone,

After trying for a baby for almost two years (and having a horrible GP who told me to drink mead :8o:
and try harder (?) with my husband) I have been diagnosed with low
progesterone (3- normal range 19-45), my husband has slightly reduced
sperm count/quality due to an undescended testicle, due to this we have
just gotten a referral to the Oxford fertility clinic and are waiting
to hear back.. given the threads I have read here should one be proactive about it?

I am in a really stressed family situation since a few years back (mum
is dying in thyroid cancer, brother died in brain cancer and father
recovering from prostate cancer) and this is likely a contributing
factor to the progesterone levels and lack of baby-bliss. I am not
certain how to be relaxed in this though as I love my family and I dont
want to shut them out. I try to stay as positive as possible and have
just bought myself a shiny new wii so I can work out everyday and will
start to go to massage and acupuncture (as much as I can afford) but it
all feels daunting currently and I am completely off balance. I am 36 years old, and got married to my husband 6 months ago and he is
absolutely lovely, the best partner and friend anyone could wish for
really, which is wonderful in all this.

If anyone knows any recommendations for how to deal with the upcoming
treatments, how to stay calm, advice on how to keep things moving
forward quickly and how to not get lost in a paper trail at the
hospital and any information or experiences to share about Oxford
Fertility Unit - it would be warmly welcome!

Lol, c-xx
xfingers
lurve

Hoppfull.

mea

Ace

Reg: Dec 8th 2008

Children: little boy from our first ICSI

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 8:41am

Hi :smile:

I am really sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time lately family wise, and then to get this news but fingers crossed next year things will go your way.

I am also at the OFU and they are brilliant there, we have had one fresh cycle of ICSI which resulted in a success and then 2 failed frozen cycles. We are just about to start another fresh cycle on 19th December with them.

I dont think there is any advice anyone can give to make this easier, i am sorry to have to say it is a bit of a rollorcoaster with plenty of ups and downs. With my first cycle i have to admit i did nothing to assist the ivf working i just carried on with life as normal, and we were lucky. I think it is all just up to mother nature and if it is ment to be or not.

Will keep an eye out for you on how you get on.

Good luck xfingers

xmas43

[/table][/col]

betz

Ace

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Thursday, December 17th 2009, 10:55pm

Hi Hopefull,

Welcome to this thread.

I have sent you a private message with some info about john radcliffe.

Betz x
Betz

PCOS, TTC since 2006. Metformin, Clomid x 8. Ovarian Drilling - May 09
IVF Jan 10 - BFN :sadface:
FET May 10 - brief BFP :sadface:

Reg: Jan 26th 2009

Wednesday, December 23rd 2009, 4:27pm

Hello everyone,

I will be requesting referral to JR in the New year, and hope to have a cycle in the spring. I have already had a really disasterous cycle at another clinic and am hoping JR will be a better option for us.
Vas reversal sept 08 - failed
1st ICSI july 09 severe OHSS, pregnancy ended at 12 weeks :bawl:
Nov 09 laparotomy to remove ovary
2010 2nd ICSI low drug dose, 3 eggs, only one embie - :BFN: :tear:
Cant afford more tx :-(

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 7:52am

Lillia,
I hope you get the referral. I've never had any problems with the OFU team and hope you have a much better time there. Good luck with it all.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

betz

Ace

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 6:54am

Hi Lillia,

Looks like you have had a bit of a traumatic time. Hope JR is a good place for you. Like Elisa, I haven't had any problems there and in fact, have been very impressed.

Good luck.

Betz x
Betz

BB77

Ace

Sunday, January 17th 2010, 10:46am

We went for our consent meeting and baseline scan on the 14th Jan and spoke to one of the nurses, Lauren G who was lovely. I asked if I could book in for this cycle and she said yes ....so I start DR in 2 weeks, ET will be first week in March. Bit worried to hear that I have polycystic ovaries (12 follicles on one and 13 on the other) after my scan as I had no idea but it's quite common it seems and I will have a lower dose of meds to make sure I don't over stimulate.

So far I am really impressed with the OFU, they have gone out of their way to help us (my DH has MFI due to spinal cord damage so we had a few issues getting his sample when we were supposed to). All worked out in the end thanks to the flexability and understanding of the nurses and it is hopefully now frozen ready for our treatment.

Just a quick question - should I join Feb fortunates or the March group???

Good luck to everyone starting / undergoing treatment
BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

betz

Ace

Sunday, January 17th 2010, 5:43pm

Hey BB,

Most of the nurses are lovely at the OFU so I am glad your experience was the same. Its exciting when they are willing to book you in straight away isnt it!

I also have PCOS and I did not find out till I started having investigations for fertility a few years back. It is a really common thing so you are not alone and the OFU are very used to dealing with it. I was put on a very low dose of stimms medication and had scans every other day to make sure that I didnt have problems. In fact, they had to lower the dose even more and I ended up with ovr 63 follicles and massive ovaries. Even then, the OFU gave me lots of advice and I have just had a little embryo transferred back in.

You should join the cycle buddy group depending on when your ET will take place. It sounds like you will be one of the first of the March girlies.

Good to touch base with you on here. Feel free to ask any questions about OFU or tx at any time. I was asking some of the other girls the most basic of questions all through my tx but now I have nearly done one cycle, I feel like I could answer a few questions too!! Its amazing how quickly you get the hang of this!

Good luck to you and DH.

Betz x
Betz

BB77

Ace

Monday, January 18th 2010, 8:47am

Hi Betz, thanks so much for your great advice - really nice to chat with someone who is going through the same thing. I wish you loads of luck for the rest of your cycle. Are you in the 2WW?
BB xx
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Tuesday, January 19th 2010, 6:49pm

BB, just wanted to wish you good luck with the tx. It's ET for me on Thursday so I'll soon be joining Betz on the 2ww. Am getting scared now!

Good luck.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Wednesday, January 20th 2010, 8:27am

Thanks Elisa. Good luck on Thursday - I'll have everything crossed for you! Hope the 2ww isn't too stressful...
BB xx
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Reg: Jan 6th 2010

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 1:41pm

Firstly I want to wish everyone luck with their treatment hope it's successful.

BB it looks like we're going to go though this at the same time, I start sniffing next Thursday and egg collection will be first week in March. Like you i've found all the staff at the OFU really helpful.

Again good luck everyone.

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years
1st ICSI March 2010, BFP - MMC 8.5 wks :tears:

2nd ICSI Sept 2010 :BFP: - Miscarriage 5w2d :bawl:

betz

Ace

Thursday, January 21st 2010, 6:49pm

Hey BB and Pickles,

Its good that you have found each other for a bit of moral support. there is something reassuring about conversing with others from the same clinic. In the January Jewels there are 4 of us who are all with the OFU and its been good to exchange notes. Elisa was really helpful for me cos I didnt have a clue what I was doing and she answered some pretty silly questions (thanks hun!! ). It was quite amusing for me a couple of times though when we had appts on the same days and knowing that I was sitting in the waiting room at the OFU with other girls from FZ but now knowing who they were. I liked the fact that we were anonymous in many ways but it also made me giggle wondering who was who!

I am on the 2ww and have test day on sunday. Elisa, nice to have you in the 2ww thread! Not long now!

B x
Betz

Friday, January 22nd 2010, 7:37am

BB and Pickles,

Betz is right, is it really good to have the support from people and even though we will not be cycling with you, still feel free to ask any questions about the OFU. I know I asked loads of questions during my first cycle and that is probably the only reason I sounded to Betz like I knew what I was talking about!! On at least one occasion Betz & I would have been at the clinic at the same time, but without a clue as to which of the people in the waiting room the other might be!

Good luck with it all.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Saturday, January 23rd 2010, 7:53pm

Good luck for test day Betz and Elisa, and hi Pickles - that's great that we have realy similar dates - we can compare notes. It will be a bit strange in the waiting room wondering if we have been chatting to someone on here. My drugs arrived today, have you received your already Pickles?

Speak soon ladies
xx
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Monday, January 25th 2010, 6:45am

Yes BB I received my drugs last Wednesday. Start sniffing on Thursday.

Take care

Pickles
TTC - 3 years

mea

Ace

Wednesday, February 3rd 2010, 11:36am

Hi

Is anyone had or having Blasts at OFU? last time we had a fresh cycle they were not doing them. I had 1 blast put back on Saturday

[/table][/col]

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 3:32pm

Mea

I'm at OFU and I've been told that depending on how many embryos we get will depend on if they culture them to blast so hopefully we'll get enough to get to blast.

Good luck with your tx.

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years

Thursday, February 4th 2010, 6:07pm

Mea,

My embies went to blasts. I had two put back in and 7 frozen. Sadly the first too did not hang around, so had George & Smilie put back this time & had a positive test on Monday.

Good luck with the tx,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Friday, February 5th 2010, 12:23pm

Hi Elisa, congratulations on your positive result!
Mea - fingers crossed for you......

I'm really worried that we won't get enough embies to take them to blasts, as I will be on a lower dose of stimms (120 per day) due to PCO (I was unaware of this before my baseline scan).

At the moment it seems like there are so many hurdles between DR and ET and now I'm worrying about OHSS which I hadn't even known about previousley!

I think I need to take one day at a time and stop worrying but it becomes a bit much sometimes.

How are you Pickles, any DR side effects yet? I feel tired and my back was aching yesterday but ok apart from that I think. What date is your DR blood test, are they doing another scan on that day I can't remember?
BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BB77" (Feb 5th 2010, 12:25pm)

mea

Ace

Friday, February 5th 2010, 1:15pm

Hi Elisa

Congratulations on your BFP, its good to hear that the FET with blasts works well. We have got 3 in the freezer so if this frsh one doesnt work we have another couple of chances. We have only had 1 blast put back which is what OFU recommended due to us having success full ICSI in 2007, but we have also had 2 failed FETs with them. I am now regretting just having one put back and wish i had 2 put back to give us the best chance as my gut instint at the minute is that it has not worked.

Make sure you let us know how you get on at your first scan.

[/table][/col]

Friday, February 5th 2010, 3:55pm

Mea, Before my test I was abosolutely convinced the FET hadn't work. No symptoms to speak of and I had a huge wobble on the Sunday. Then, the following morning I got the pink lines. Keep believing......
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 5:10pm

Elisa - Congratulations on your BFP what great news.

BB - only side effects have been tiredness and a few tears but other than that feel really good. Blood test is on 16th, they haven't mentioned a scan so I don't know about that. When's yours?

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years

BB77

Ace

Monday, February 8th 2010, 9:50am

Hi Pickles, my blood test is also the 16th at 8am.... might see you in the waiting room - how strange would that be! I got my withdrawel bleed on Friday which was when it was due - so so far so good.
BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

betz

Ace

Monday, February 8th 2010, 8:21pm

BB7 - Just to say that with regard to your worry that low dose of stimms wont give you enough embryos, I was on 120 and they even reduced me to 75 in the end. I have PCOS too. I ended up with about 63 follicles, 21 eggs and 17 embryos!! 10 of them went to blasts so I have 9 in the freezer. As for OHSS, I experienced it mildly and it did hurt for about a week but they didnt stop my tx and it went away very quickly. xx

Hey to the rest of you and good luck!!
Betz

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 3:40am

BB - Our appointment is at 9 but we normally end up getting there really early cause of the distance we have to travel (always worried about getting stuck in traffic) so we may end up passing in the waiting room. I've been told i'm slightly polycystic they will keep an eye on me but my dose is 150 on my paperwork. Got my withdrawal bleed today which is around the normal time for me.

Good luck everyone with your tx

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years

BB77

Ace

Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 9:23am

Betz, thanks for the reassurance, it's nice to know that someone else has been through it.

Pickles my dose is also 150 (i think) on my paperwork, I am only borderline polycyctic too. Glad that all is on schedule for you too. Hope the blood test goes ok next week. I'll let you know after my appointment.
BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

mea

Ace

Monday, February 15th 2010, 4:20pm

Hi All :happy:

How is everyone doing any good news from OFU.

I am afraid to say it was a bfn :bawl: for me AF arrived the day befre test day, but i already knew it hadnt worked i actually did 3 hpts before this.

Does anyone know why OFU make you wait 14 days before testing even with a 5 day transfer, when most other clinics say 12.

Also does anyone have much info or stories on having 5 day blasts put back with FET.

Good luck to anyone about to test. xfingers

[/table][/col]

Tuesday, February 16th 2010, 6:21pm

Mea,

Sorry about your BFN.

FET with blasts does work. Look at me, I was at the OFU for my 6 week scan today and :party: 1 strong little [zx076] seen. (I had two blasts put back but am just so relieved to see one heartbeat as I never thought I would get that far). BTW with a blasts fet, OTD was 11 days after transfer!

Keep believing,
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 1:21pm

Sorry to hear about your bfn Mea, don't give up hope on those other frozen embies yet! Hope you are ok.

Elisa - great news that all looks ok on the 6wk scan. Having two blasts put back and only one sticking has made me think about it again, DH and I keep going round in circles, if we get as far as a BFP we would be thrilled with one baby or twins but it would be hard work as DH walks with a stick so a lot of the caring for them would fall to me, and even harder as I would probaly have a c-section...too much to think about right now!

Pickles - I have to phone at 3pm for my blood test results - feeling nervous that they will tell me I have to dr for longer, I really hope not! let me know how you get on.

BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 1:47pm

BB - I was told to phone after 2.30, just hope I can get hold of them before I leave for work just before 3! Fingers crossed we'll both start stimms tomorrow. :pray:

Pickles :dust:
TTC - 3 years

BB77

Ace

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 3:15pm

Hi Pickles - I've spoken to the clinic and all is fine, I can start stims tomorrow as planned :thumbsup:
I really hope you got on ok too. My first scan is on the 24th at 8am and then again on the 26th at 9am so I guess you might be there around the same time if they are going to monitor you as closely. I'm 5ft 6 and have shoulder length blond hair - in case you are ever wondering who I might be in the waiting room.
xfingers hope the injections go ok for you - the nurse made it look so easy....

BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 6:07pm

BB - Thats great news, same for me :D , start stims tomorrow and first scan on 24th but mine's at 10am so definately won't bump into you this time which is a pity. Haven't been told what time my scan is on 26th yet I assume they'll tell me when I go for my first scan.

Yes the injections do look easy, are you going to do them yourself or get your other half to do them?

Good luck with it all hope it goes smoothly and maybe we will bump into each other sometime while we're there.

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years

BB77

Ace

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 8:01pm

Pickles - that's great, another hurdle down....
I think I'll do the injections myself although DH will have to help if I have a last minute attack of nerves. He has to go away next week so I really need to be able to do this on my own!
Shame we won't be in at the same time next week, but depending on what happens we might be there for EC or ET around the same time (if all goes to plan and I get that far xfingers ).

Good luck tomorrow with the injection...we can compare notes on the experience tomorrow

BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Thursday, February 18th 2010, 6:21pm

Girls,
If your injections are the Gonal F ones, the thought really is worse than the act. My tip is to numb the area with some ice first and then pinch the skin. If, like me, you are a little on the slim side, go in at a 45 degree angle rather than a 90 degree one. Also keep the needle in for 10 sections to make sure all the fluid goes in. I had the occasional bruise, but not many and I became quite a dab hand at injecting myself.
Elisa
IVF Aug 09 - Brief BFP

My Trying Again Diary

BB77

Ace

Friday, February 19th 2010, 8:37am

Thanks for the tip Elisa, I did the first injection last night - maybe I have done it wrong but I didn't feel a thing...not that I'm complaining!
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

Friday, February 19th 2010, 11:10am

BB, me too, felt absolutely nothing happydance

DH did it for me he was so nervous bless him. When he put the needle in I was like OMG I didn't even feel that! I was so excited (god i'm a daft bat) :laugh: He felt much better after and even though I now know it'll be easy enough to do it myself I think i'll let him carry on with them so he'll feels like he's doing something.

So glad it went well for you too, it's a pity we're not there at the same time as i'm going on my own on Wed, didn't see the point of DH taking any more time off work than he needs to and we always get there really early as we live over an hour away so we always leave enough time for traffic problems and so far have never hit any so i'll be hanging around in the waiting room on my own.

Good luck.

Pickles x
TTC - 3 years

BB77

Ace

Tuesday, February 23rd 2010, 1:30pm

Pickles - it's funny because I was really pleased with myself after the first injection too - a real sense of achievement. All fine so far, but I am so fed up of eating protein packed food, it takes me twice as long to eat my breakfast these days. I can't wait until EC now so i can resume a normal diet. Hope all goes well with your appt tomorrow, sorry you will be on your own. I'll keep you posted tomorrow.
BB x
Baby boy born 22/11/10
29th June .......

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE